Black Crusade

Has anyone on Veeky Forums ever played Black Crusade?

Please share your stories...

bump

bump

You might get some answers in the 40k rpg general.

I'm in a BC game right now, getting close to the end. Pic very related.

same guy as This is my only experience with BC so far, and I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, the potential for shenanigans is extremely high, especially if your DM doesn't put strict limits on what you can and cannot get away with. On the other hand, Sorcerers are unbelievably broken and quickly become overpowered cheese monsters that can do anything better than everyone else. The game in general seems poorly balanced and is really really easy to break.

Story time

>party is me (perverted heretek), bitchy ex-Sororitas psyker/warrior, Tzeentchy as fuck sorcerer, and mute Khornate berzerker cyborg
>be on some shitty feral world in the Screaming Vortex
>fighting hordes of shitty subterranean goblin things
>Sororitas keeps tempting fate and pushing her psychic abilities
>she rolls perils
>ohshitherewego.jpg
>suddenly bloodletter
>Sororitas gets BTFO and has to burn Infamy to not die
>winds up with a random mutation as a result
>she mutates into a rat person
>much lulz ensue

>some time later
>fighting some different group of assholes on a space station
>rat-Sororitas is being cocky as fuck
>she misses a plasma pistol shot
>spends an Infamy to re-roll
>rolls a critical miss
>ohfug.jpg
>plasma pistol blows up in her hands and sends her into negative hit points
>once again she burns Infamy to not die
>once again she gets a random mutation
>mfw once again she becomes ratlike
>mfw she is now a DOUBLE RAT

Other fun things that party got up to include somehow creating a Khornate Daemon Engine in a cave with a box of scraps, and the heretek creating an assortment of extremely heretical servitors, culminating in him accidentally creating an entire civilization of intelligent, predatory servitors made from surgically removed human butts.

I want to play.
I have a neat idea that I want to play.
But I've never found a game, not one that's actually run.
Oh well.

I want to play but the only guy in our group who is halfway decent at running 40kRP insists that you seem some higher understanding of the 40k universe to really get into it compared to Dark Heresy and since he and I are the only people in our group who know anything about 40k he prefers to run Dark Heresy.

Is he right? Seems to me like all you really need to know is some base knowledge about the chaos gods and you'd be as ready to play as someone experiencing 40k for the first time through DH.

He's kinda right.

Yes. Chaos 'society' is immensely different from imperial society and more so from modern society.

You'd have to have at least some idea of who the big players are like some of the more famous CSM warbands and such.

I'm running a game that's pretty tongue-in-cheek. I told everyone I didn't want to do some hard grimdark and instead do some Saturday morning cartoon villains.

The party accidentally ended a black crusade before it even truly started.

Also it's a lot nicer to be able to throw more damage at players and have them be able to shrug most of it off. Since I'm also playing in a Rogue Trader game.

>mute Khornate berzerker cyborg

must be one hellova roleplayer there

>Join the party on their ship as an Iron Warrior marine
>Players were constantly setback by mysterious explosives and random rebellions
>Night Lord loses all trophies due to firebombs
>Traitor Black Templar Apothecary loses some of his toxins and mutants due to mysterious explosives
>His Power Armor that was recharging sabotaged
>Later blow a small castle with a Khornate lord NPC in it after doing some "favors" for him
>He somehow survives and rages at the party
>Too powerful and kills at least two players before being put down
>Two players have to burn Infamy
>Later the party has to deal with some rebelious slaves on the ship with plasma weaponry
>Party has no idea who's been doing this for at least 7 or so sessions
>Last session
>Sell them out to "my" Iron Warriors Lord
>Kill IW Lord and the party by blowing up the ships plasma drivers
>Plaguemeister player finally finds out who's doing this and tries to kill me to no avail
>Gets both legs shot off
>Whisper "Hydra Dominatus"
>He is confused
>Eject in the party's Thunderhawk
>Picked up by an Alpha Legion ship
>Was an Alpha Legionnaire the whole time
>Attain 80+ Infamy in the end

I ran one once, the pre-made adventure in the rulebook. Went well until the Psyker pushed a power against the last boss and got possessed by a greater daemon of Tzeentch which promptly wiped the party.

kek

A couple of years ago I DM'd a BC campaign for a couple of guys who all wanted to run CSMs and since none of us had ever played BC before I went with it. We had a lot of fun but holy hell with marines it's all or nothing with them, you either hit them and do no damage or just flat out kill them.

I ran a campaigh a few years back where a lot of fun were had.

It took place on an imperial world in a scrapyard the size of the central Europe (due to a filing error a few millenia back when that continent was mistakenly labled a repair station. This resulted in the entire continent beeing covered with wrecks over the course of several wars.).

They fought imperials, heretechs, and orks resulting in the death of several space marines and lots of fun.

In the end they found a very old bunker containing a pre-heresy cataphract terminator armour but all of the space marines were mutated to the extent that noone could use it.

I feel like I hear the Rick and Morty theme playing.
Eh, maybe. I think understanding the Imperium *and* Chaos is important for a BC game, but only if you play someone who came from the Imperium. You could easily play someone raised on a feral world that worships the Dark Gods and knows little of the Imperium beyond "They're our enemies" and it would work fine. I'd discourage them from playing a Space Marine or a Heretek, but other than that it could actually be a fun way to explore the setting.
After all, the Imperium is a genocidal authoritarian theocracy. In most settings they would be the big bad guys.
Played in a game once where everyone was an aspect of a psychotic Chaos Space Marine's split personalities. Each of us was aligned with one of the Gods, and we could roll to take over his body for a scene. It was quite fun, as several of us were working towards opposing goals against eachother.

>things that never happened.

this is some next level heresy...is she cute?

Rat Queen?

Good shit