>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/a-new-race-descends-on-the-mortal-realms/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Slaanesh

AoS lore stops being Saturday morning cartoon-tier cringe when?

G R O T S

Ok so, I think my big conversion idea will be coming to fruition. The idea is to combine this kit with an imperial knight to make a huge duardin steam mech for my dispossessed. I will most likely have to use the warscroll of a Drakesworn Templar, but I think it should work really well.

The idea is the big endrin is the right size to cover the shoulders of the imperial knight, and there are plenty of other uses I see for the other parts. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I'll keep you guys posted on its progress.

>dispossessed
Into the thrash it goes

>to be fair the entire range of tomb kings minis is ancient
So as most of elves, onpy DE got a full update (except characters and shades) and even they are 4 yo.
And since they didn't get Seraphons/FEC-like book it's very strong indication that they will be replaced by new factions to fit the new setting

Where my Deathbros at?

channeling the bonezone while applying the agrax earthshade.

But meanwhile, Rattle me this:
Morghast Archai or Harbingers?

If you're fighting a lot of tough units or mortal wound generating units, then Archai, if not Harbingers.

Dude relax it's just old players in denial, all what they could hope is increasing point costs in nex GHB.

Same guy.

Sorry user

You know how easy that is to fake?

And so..?

I don't believe you.

One or both of you is warmaslav. Fuck off, you worthless autistic alcoholic shitposting grognard faggot. Thanks.

Why the fuck do you hate slavs so much can you stfu?
I swear ive seen you on other boards.

>Torbjorn Overlords

Kharadron, user. Kharadron.

It means Thunder Fortress in Dwarf.

This is the only thread in which I ever disparage your heroin-addicted illiterate slave folk, and it's solely because you are such a faggot. Stop being a faggot.

>t.Empire-player

it's another warhammer stole that from blizzard joke

how original

I'm not slavic you sperg just stfu already. Every fucking thread you rant about them.

>slave folk
Says who?

Then why so overreacting

Leaders
Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)
Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)
Great Unclean One (240)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (300)
30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (300)
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)

Units
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)

Behemoths
Soul Grinder (280)
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle

Total: 1980/2000

First attempt at a 2000 point mono Nurgle Daemons list. Good, bad, ugly?

Look, let's say that I like the rules, and I like the setting, but I'm not crazy about any of the new miniatures. Am I S.O.L.? Do I just have to grab up a bunch of the older minis, paint them up, and hope they never just get rid of the rules for them in Sigmar? Or is there a faction that still has an old-fashioned, less busy aesthetic, or a chance they'll be making more of them later?

None of the new minis appeal? And you could just go for Seraphon or Flesh Eater Courts, they just use old models and have actual books.

And nah, just use the old minis, if they were going to scrap their rules, they would have by now, not keep updating their points.

Admittedly, all I've looked at in detail are the Stormcast (which are cool and all, yeah, but I'm just not feeling it), the Chaos (never been a chaos guy, and these models feel even busier), the Tree People (No.), and the Slayers (which, yeah, it's cool they get to be the whole army, but....that's a lot of naked dwarf).

Look up Kharadron Overlords. warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/a-new-race-descends-on-the-mortal-realms/

There's also Ironjawz, which are huge Orruks (Orcs), and have the old Black Orcs are part of their line.

See, I'm starting to think that I'm the problem.
I haven't played in a long time, and I guess that all the newer miniatures look like they're very intimidating to paint. But I'm probably just misremembering things; I'm sure the old models were just as detail-y.
(But yeah, I suddenly like the idea of all-armor Dwarves and No-Armor Dwarves fighting in harmony!)

>Do I just have to grab up a bunch of the older minis, paint them up, and hope they never just get rid of the rules for them in Sigmar?
Depends on what factions you like.
>Or is there a faction that still has an old-fashioned, less busy aesthetic, or a chance they'll be making more of them later?
Orruks Ironjaws, Flesh Eater Courts, Seraphon
Dude...

I really want to try aos, but there's not much to choose from in factions. What happened to the Elves, or even just normal humans?

>What happened to the Elves, or even just normal humans?
They are legacy armies now, which mean you still can use them, but they are very bad, especially against new armies and their future isn't c!ear

Freeguild is normal humans.

Elves are a bunch of different factions now, but they're there.

Used to play High Elves, back in the day. I see that their units are still on sale, but I assume they're never getting any more, so if I want to start using them again, I'll have to get used to Tree People if I ever need to expand beyond what I can get now. (I *think* they're Army of Life?)

There'll be more Elves soon. New faction, with weird tentacle and eel-dragon looking things.

Nah dude, just start new army of tree people

This is what I was hoping - that the game's just new enough that there's still plenty to be rolled out, and that it's accommodating enough to use older minis, especially when they're still selling them.
(Yeah, maybe the rules won't be as great for the minis in question, but 'talk out the game before it starts' is already a cardinal rule in the local wargaming community anyway; it seems like it's still way better than some of the 40k battles in the last couple years...)

>but I assume they're never getting any more,
Yep

Yeah, the old armies have rules for basically everything, with only some units rolled up into a more generic form.

You should be able to find them on GW's site, either in a newer form on their store page, if they still sell them, or in the compendium if they don't.

Not a fan of the Tree People aesthetically, though.
Kinda huge difference between 'army of the ancient weirdos who originally kinda fucked the world over, with their shining helms and mystic might' and 'We're trees'. No offense to people who like them (I really don't want to start the shit that seems to plague these threads way too often), but it doesn't really appeal to me.

Sylvaneth aren't wood elves, wood elves are Wanderer Aelves.

So, where are the High Elves? Not with the Sylvaneth?

>Not a fan of the Tree People aesthetically, though
Then wait, do not buy current HE, WE, DE.

>where are the High Elves?

Chilling in Azyr or hiding in Hysh

No, High Elves are in a few different factions. Eldritch Council, Lion Rangers, Phoenix Temple, Order Draconis, Swifthawk Agents, I think that's all of them.

So, is that Life, or Order?
(While the Battle rules were pretty simple for me to grok onto, for some reason, building an army still eludes me.)

So there's 4 big Alliances. Order, Destruction, Chaos and Death.

All the Elves, Dwarfs, regular humans, Sylvaneth, all that stuff, is in Order.

>So, where are the High Elves?
Nowhere.

Oh! That's...that's actually way simpler than I thought it was.
So, pretty much any 'good guy' faction is capable of allying up (with the usual reasons to face off against each other in battle, of course.) Good to know!

Yep. You might not get as much synergy between units in some cases, but yeah, they can be in the same army, no real problems.

Technically yes, but you shouldn't do it

So, I can lug old High Elf models out of the closet and use them to get a grip on how the rules work while I figure out if I want to try my hand at one of the armies of fancy new minis. That'll work! Thanks!

Yep
But be ready to be wiped out of table.

What units do you have, anyway?

Quit lying.

>Quit lying
Where I am lying?

They do fine.

I have to go to a storage unit to find them - this would have been, like twenty years ago - I know I had spearmen, a chariot, and High Mage Teclis, at least; could not tell you any more details.
And, as I said earlier, pretty much any wargame at the local shop involves lots of dialogue before hand about how to handle rules issues; not worried about the units being inferior.

They aren't fine
>I know I had spearmen, a chariot, and High Mage Teclis
Weak, very weak

Might be best to go for Compendium rules, if you're going to use characters.

Anyway, important part is to have fun with it, and I hope you do.

....was this in the mega the whole time? Because this is basically what I've been looking for! Thanks!

It's on GW's site.

It looks pretty decent. I hope you have fun running it user. Who are you going up against by the way?

I'll pass on your criticism to 16 year-old me, though I don't know if he'll be able to do much with the advice.
I should have known. Serves me right for assuming I'd have to pay for it so just checking here.

>I'll pass on your criticism to 16 year-old me, though I don't know if he'll be able to do much with the advice
It's just a warning user.
>Serves me right for assuming I'd have to pay for it so just checking here.
It's free on GW site.

>ancient
>most of the elves

user, how fucking retarded are you? The elves have one of the best ranges in the whole game. All their shit aside from the squatted wood elf stuff is amazing multipart plastic. Please choke on a dick and die you incessant faggot.

>user, how fucking retarded are you?
The last elves release were WE 3 years ago 2 multikit boxes and Treelord.
>The elves have one of the best ranges in the whole game.
Yep in dead game, now they are like Empire and dwarfs, just don't fit the setting.

And that is ancient to you? 3 years ago? If this is the nu-warhammer fanbase than we're in for a rough ride. please user, jump of a bridge. I'm serious, report me to the police and I will testify and go to jail for it. That's how much I hate you.

They fit fine.

> listen to this sperg
Not even the other guy, but seriously, seek help. Or maybe self improvement. No one should care this much about plastic army men. It speaks to serious life issues.

This.

It just boils down to opinion. It is that anons opinion that they don't fit. That's all it is though

>a picture of the screen

>And that is ancient to you?
It's old, but hey let's count together old-new models in HE and WE range.
High Elves
8th edition release:
Shadow Warriors/Sisters of Avelorn
Phoenix Guard
Phoenix
Skycutters
Wood elves
8th edition release:
Wild riders/Sisters of thorns
Wildwood rangers/Eternal Guard
Araloth

>Serves me right for assuming I'd have to pay for it so just checking here.

Nah, though points do get paid for, but it's 1 book, for everything and gets updated yearly to add new releases (get their own books full of lore and stuff in the meantime) and re-balancing.

They didn't, according to fluff like a dispossesed and free guild they are Azyrheim militia.

Each subfaction has it's own lore and role. They're not just all militia.

What models in the elf ranges are not in plastic or break with the modern aesthetic of the faction?

Seriously, the elf factions are one of the best maintained ranges in the entire game. Yes, they are due for some AoS love, but so are most factions.

And they squatted most of the 'old' stuff some of which looked perfectly fine like the waywatchers and warhawk riders.

>Each subfaction has it's own lore and role
But they all from Azyrheim
>What models in the elf ranges are not in plastic or break with the modern aesthetic of the faction?
All of them, except mosters probably (but we already have better dragons).
>And they squatted most of the 'old' stuff some of which looked perfectly fine like the waywatchers and warhawk riders.
You have terrible taste, I hope you left our game.

>But they all from Azyrheim

Yeah, I never said they weren't, user. I was just saying they're not all militia.

>Yeah
And that's why they didn't fir new setting

>than we're in for a rough ride.
There is no "we", WHFBcuck

>our game
topkek, elitist much? Though that the AoS crew were the cool kids instead of the salty grognards?
>all of them
Are you that retarded elf poster that keeps popping up here? What would satisfy you?
And please explain to me why Dreadspears, Darkshards, Bleakswords, Black Guard, Executioners, Cold One Knights, Cold One Chariots, Dark Riders, Witch Elves, Sisters of Slaughter, Cauldron of Blood, Black Ark Corsairs, Shadow Warriors, Sisters of Avalorn, Phoenix Guard, White Lions, IoB Swordmasters, Spireguard, Skycutters look bad?

Because you somehow decide what does and does not fit the setting? Instead of the other way round, we look what's on offer and deduct the setting from there? Oh and Freeguild feature in a novel, thus they are by definition in setting. GW decides what the setting is after all.

>Anyone who is not a whining elf-shitposter is a WHFBcuck.

Never change

Why?

They came from dozens of different kingdoms, not all from Azyr. Unless Sigmar went around killing off their culture, they would still look different to native Azyrheimers.

Threadly reminder.

>topkek, elitist much?
Nope
>And please explain to me why Dreadspears, Darkshards, Bleakswords, Black Guard, Executioners, Cold One Knights, Cold One Chariots, Dark Riders, Witch Elves, Sisters of Slaughter, Cauldron of Blood, Black Ark Corsairs, Shadow Warriors, Sisters of Avalorn, Phoenix Guard, White Lions, IoB Swordmasters, Spireguard, Skycutters look bad?
Lowtech and generic.
Because Azyrheim is fantasy sci-fi realm, why would forces of this realm looks like average medieval humans and elves, especially since such eqipment useless in Mortal Realms.

Explain Ironjawz and Bonesplitters, then.

>Freeguild feature in a novel
Only mentioned

Stop arguing with the Russian retard ffs.

>Explain Ironjawz and Bonesplitters, then
Realm of Beast

>Because Azyrheim is fantasy sci-fi realm, why would forces of this realm looks like average medieval humans and elves, especially since such eqipment useless in Mortal Realms.
you mean that is what you have decided?

I think he is retarded user

You mean the main character was literally a freeguild soldier?

Sound like a sound idea, if he only he used a trip so I can hide it.

>Though that the AoS crew were the cool kids instead of the salty grognards?
Well, our game sells better than paints

>why would forces of this realm looks like average medieval humans and elves, especially since such eqipment useless in Mortal Realms.

You just said this.

Are the Ironjawz and Bonesplitters stuff not useless in the Mortal Realms?

>what you have decided
You mean?
>You mean the main character was literally a freeguild soldier?
Sort of, there were nothing in book which tells us straight "freeguild really at the same level as Empire soldiers".

>Are the Ironjawz and Bonesplitters stuff not useless in the Mortal Realms?
Nope, they are stronger and larger than average human (even including chaos humans, who are larger).

They're using rusted metal beaten with fists and bits of stone.

As opposed to master crafted stuff from Azyrheim.

I think that would make up for it.

Elves when?
Slaanesh when?
Freeguild when?
Soulblight when?