Yfw Paizo goes out of business in the next six months

>yfw Paizo goes out of business in the next six months

You're aware Pathfinder is a containment game for furries and weeaboos, right? If Paizo goes out of business, those degenerates will find other games to infest, and I would much rather not have them not pick my games of choice as their new cesspool.

> Paizo goes out of business in the next six months

Source? Link?

Just because /pfg/ is full of them, doesn't mean the entire community is.
Expand your perception, bruv

Yeah that's sadly more of a Veeky Forums problem than a pathfinder problem.

We can only dream. With Shitfagger dead maybe the cancer that is 3.x will finally be killed.

I don't give a fuck, if I ever get around to running games again I'll do it with whatever shit my local gaming club wants to do (probably some variation of D&D), or Gurps.

The one for "beat it's face and take the gold" the other for "everyone gets fucking shot/even if you win, you still lose" stuff. Basically crime movie and crime novel things. I need no Paizo for this. I could also do this with low fantasy, which sounds sort of amusing. Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser is almost noir anyways, except you know, they walk away too intact too much of the time.

The shit they do should ruin their fucking lives more often. So I guess a Rat Queens gig? They fuck up their lives pretty often. And no, I like that element of it, not the "GRR FEMINISM!" thing, although that is novel. I like that it's a gory, sordid shit show. Things that involve "not the Rat Queens" are still pretty fun because it's the same world. It's fucked. Watching people bumble through that is fun.

Same reason Donjon is fun. It looks cute and fun, and sometimes it is. Sometimes it's pitch black ugly and shitty. At least one long running character is more and less of all the things that make Scrooge McDuck one bastard of a fortune hunter.

we can only hope

I don't like buying new books just because.

The fuck are you even talking about? I think I lost you at Rat Queens.

Too late. I'm a degenerate weeaboo furry invading 5e games since 2015. Even played a homebrew kitsune in one.

Furries or not Pathfinder is still a terrible fucking system that deserves nothing short of death. It's only kept alive by diehard fanboys who can't force themselves to go to anything else, because if anything fixes 3.5's problems then it sucks to them.

says the guy getting paid to shill 5th ed. I swear to god, every local gamestore is going to start having its own version of Dungeons and Dragons.

Pathfinder is CLEARLY the better version, if you want babies first d&d use the boxed sets you big fat baby.

Pathfinder fixes 3.5, isn't as crunchy as 4th or as much a mess as 5th, and its several tiers above boxed sets.

4th isn't bad either but everybody goes bonkers because it uses a little bit of math. And unlike GURPS, 4th ed scales and actually has charts and tables that WORK

>not as crunchy
>not as much of a mess.

The system with 8,000 feats that all add small bonuses you need to calculate up, only 10 of which are worth taking for any class, with tons of microcalculations and strategy that boils down to casting damage buffs then attacking something? It's not as crunchy or as a mess?

>gurps
>doesn't work

It's like watching black people claim that script is "just a bunch of lines"

There is so much bait in this thread that there's really no point in posting this.

I think he lost himself, too.

Yeah, I'm with this guy. 4e has nowhere near the crunch Pathfinder has. In fact, I've found it a fairly straigthforward system, going to it from Pathfinder.

First reply was best reply. Thread's over, everyone go home.

There are already 5 separate versions people today are using, you're spreading your properties too thin.

I mean jesus, just look at the ones that are still in play right now:

Pathfinder
4th ed
New Boxed Sets
5th ed

I mean how far back do you want to go?

AD&D 3.0 (Garbage)
AD&D 2.0
D&D Old Boxed sets
AD&D 1.5 (Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Dragon Lance, Darksun, Ravenloft, Spelljammer)
AD&D 1.0
and on and on and on back to Chainmail

>Containment game
>Be me
>Massive furry who sells furry fuckpillows
>Been playing Warhammer 40k and D&D since both of their respective third editions
>Now primarily playing Rogue Trader, Age of Sigmar and Edge of the Empire

Pathfinder is the containment game for 3rd-edition-only grognards. You're going to find furries literally everywhere else, even lurking behind the guise of your local space marine player :^)

I mean 4th ed actually creates a cinematic experience. It isn't like some German farie tale where at the end all the adventurers get eaten.

Thats what Warhammer RPG's and Fantasy Flight are for. 4th ed is the Disney version of D&D, that all it ever claimed to be and thats all it ever was, and guess what, it was fun and I liked it, just like most kids liked Disney when they were kids.

We didn't want to be a fucking princess just cause we liked watching Tail-Spin or the Lion King or Alladin

>he thinks people can't tell that he has a mental issue

I see nothing wrong with options and would hate to see the latest thing always invalidating everything previously released. Then edition wars WOULD actually make sense.

I don't like Paizo but I'm sure they have enough of a warchest by now to last years if they sell nothing.

>c
>i
>n
>e
>matic
>experience

>4th ed

critical hit to my sides

Pathfinder is too much god damn work, 4th ed at least lets you use computer programs and statblocks that aren't built out of excel and failure.

Or it fucking did, until WoC decided to scrap the Character generator and the Monster builder.

Yes, WotC is paying people to shill their game on Veeky Forums. It's not like they they have millions of dollars for actual advertising campaigns through traditional outlets or anything.

Fuck, if they're paying random Veeky Forums user to shill their game, sign me up, sounds like easy money.

What I'm saying is too many division divides up your player base. Its like California succeding from the union, nobody wants to see that bitchslap.

>help I can't read

>DAMAGE CONTROL

As long as I'm getting paid for it :^)

>shill

it's called social media management, user. and everyone does it because it's precisely just another one of those outlets. don't underestimate how many people play online and get their shit that way without ever stepping foot into stores.

>Implying WotC cares about shilling anything besides Magic The Gathering

Man I wish they put more money into 5e. I always feel like I'm licking up the scraps of their MtG budget.

Well I haven't actually bought anything of 5e so I guess I can't complain about them not releasing more material.

I *wish* I was paid to shill 5e online. I've been doing it for free!

The thing about social-media management is that nobody who's doing the shilling ever actually gets paid. Maybe they get a free t-shirt or something if they become a big youtube personality, but aint nobody on Veeky Forums getting paid for this shit. Get real.

>AD&D 1.5 (Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Dragon Lance, Darksun, Ravenloft, Spelljammer)
Nigger what? I think your edition numbering is off.

>e-shilling the game when D celebrities do it for free

kek

Where can I get those fuckpillows?

You underrestimate what kind of benefits youtubers get from (but transparent and illegal) sponserships. We're talking between hundreds to several thousand dollars per month depending on the company / youtuber in question. The same goes for twitch and to a lesser extend personal websites.

Some corporate workers or people working for media sites are encouraged to shill on free forums (like Veeky Forums) when work is slow. So they are kinda getting paid to shill, but not really. I don't believe you can be fired for not doing it, I've never heard of that happening, although I know you probably wont get any benefits (like good christmas presents).

>but trans.. and illegal
Meant to say both.
Non video sponsorship is usually a bit less rewarding because it's less effective (it feels more forced).

>people working for media sites
I meant to say forum / social media moderators / managers etc.

>Comparing Twitch sponsorships to someone shitposting on Veeky Forums.

Holy shit, you just went full-retard, user.

You are not reading the person I was responding to. They wrote:

>Maybe they get a free t-shirt or something if they become a big youtube personality

Now who is the retard?

Are you genuinely trying to insist that there's an active 4e community, that 3.5 players haven't converted to Pathfinder or 5e, or that new boxed sets genuinely get played by anyone at this stage?

The only products getting played out of those five are Pathfinder and 5e, which are competitors.

What are 'new boxed sets', anyway?

>Are you genuinely trying to insist that there's an active 4e community, that 3.5 players haven't converted to Pathfinder or 5e, or that new boxed sets genuinely get played by anyone at this stage?
More people play 3.5 or 4e than GURPS

butthurt GURPSfag here

I heard there was shilling going on in this thread.

At least the DFRPG box set will make it easy to shill GURPS to them, right?

I'm gonna need that paycheck you promised me before I do any more shilling, boss.

If 3.pathfinder didn't make them switch to gurps then nothing will.

I thought Paizo was doing well financially tho....

You got your t-shirt in the mail already. Now get back to spreading the word!

What would make you think that? Their game got replaced by another game like five years ago

you new? everyone who plays GURPS is a pessimist

I knew that Annasui plays PF.
He probably cheats by putting Diver Down in dice.

>Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser
Dungeon Crawl Classics my nigga

>furry degenerate
>playing shitmar
>these are the people saying you're a nerd virgin for sticking to the Old World
:^)

Tell me Mr Shillman, are there any rules in there that let me actually choose my skills?

Why would paizo go out of business? I mean aside from them spamming splatbooks like wotc in the 90s which is what nearly put THEM out of business. Did I miss something?

GURPS

Fuck off, I'm talking to the other shill.

Wait, what? Is this just randomly shitposting or is there a reason for-
Wait, WHAT? Did one of the PF dudes just die? Were they actually important? Because the whole world can get along fine without James Jacobs.

Nah but a couple people are probably going to have to settle out of court for mismanaging the company

Wait, WHAT?!?!?!?
Source?
(Seriously, after all the shit their sales manager's been throwing at other companies?)

lol you type like a cartoon character talks

Get help you have a problem.

Which is very unfortunate because as a system, 5e is absolutely fucking BORING as hell, and 3e is absolutely fucking BROKEN as hell.

and living in this east asian shithole, the only games people are familiar with are d20 iteratives.

So? Just play 4e.

>play
>4e
You don't play 4e. You watch 4e happen and yawn

I hate 4e with a passion. I want freedom and options in my games, not some shitty MMO ported over to a pen and paper trashpile.

If we are lucky they will go to GURPSgen and so we could get two of Veeky Forums worst cancer in a single general.

That's a weird non-sequitur you got there.

>/pol/ posting
>GURPS fanboi
You must be a real hit at parties

I'm just saying - 4e doesn't really grant you the freedom normally found in 3e and PF.
You roll a warlock, the fucking book tells you your role is a blaster/controller. And will prevent you from deviating anywhere else from it with feat restrictions and other bullshit.

>clearly related to the topic at hand
>clearly in reply to the suggestion
hey look some kid is misusing a term on the internet, everyone laugh

>blaster/controller
lol I had forgotten how fucking shitty 4e was

So your problem is the game TELLING you how it works?

You know 3.PF not telling you that the Rogue is a mobile Striker (as if...) doesn't make it a non-mobile striker, right?

>4e is restrictive meme

Oh boy it's this lie again

You can literally build your own classes with it's modularity.

It's not bestiality if they're sapient

Except in PF, your rogue can become a utility caster, a party face, or a poison-crafter, or a scout/ranger or several other roles based on their archetypes.

In 4e, all rogues become mobile strikers, all their feats and powers and talents makes them better mobile strikers.

If you're alright with that, then why not just go play an MMO.

>your rogue can become a utility caster

look at this guy

look at him and laugh

Do you even play PF or are you just trying too hard to push a meme?

In theory, yes, in Pathfinder your Rogue can be all of those things.

In practice, your Rogue will suck absolutely balls at all of those things and just barely compete with standard party members even after the multitude of Feat investments needed to be remotely useful. Rogues are relegated to stealth and lockpicking in Pathfinder. You can be other roles, but other classes do those roles better and trying to deviate will leave you with a shitty hollow character.

Same goes for all other Pathfinder classes. They all suck at everything except one particular thing, and if you try to do anything else, another class does it better.

At least 4e was honest that you were restricted a little bit classiwse. Pathfinder lies to your face and gives you empty, meaningless illusions of choice.

>hey 4e i want to go outside and have freedom
>no

>hey pathfinder i want to go outside and have freedom
>hehehe sure *shoots you in the head once you step outside*
>oh darn guess it was a bad decision huh good thing we give you the freedom of choice huh

I did, because one of the groups I played with refused to play anything else. Have YOU playesd 4e or are you just pushing a meme?

Rogues can absolutely fucking not become utility casters in 3.PF, any more than anyone can pick up UMD and wands.

The best they get is an archetype, which replaces half its features for shitty casting... at which point, the 4e rogue may as well hybrid and be in a way better spot.

>he play the archetype as they are intended instead of building a broken character but with fun playstyle

>5E got announced over 5 years ago
Fuck me to death. It feels like 4E was released yesterday.

Here's the thing you cum-guzzling retard - Not all tables are going to have enough players that can each perform their roles.

The Rogue excels at stealth and trickery, yes. But if the group doesn't have a wizard or a bard, at least they still benefit from the rogue who can cover some of those other roles while still being good at his primary role.

If you want to roll an all Fighter party in 4e, go right ahead and pray you don't run into a fucking locked door.

>So your problem
>So a lot of people's problem, so much so they ended up discontinuing 4e.

Fixed it for you.

That's what hybrids are for.

And Dilettante half elves.

See my fighter || seeker who is cleaving with his axe by throwing it in a large arc, hitting two guys who then get grappled by ghosts.

Not only an all fighter party in 4e deal with locked doors, as they are able to pick up Thievery skill just fine, they can also learn rituals (incuding knock), so they can handle magic as well, even discounting things like Eladrin Knight and multiclassing/hybriding.

If your group needs a wizard, then get a fucking wizard.

Pathfinder isn't a good system like 5E where there's freedom and options for characters that mean something, it's regimented to the highest degree with large amounts of bullshit and worthless options thrown on top of it to appeal to 3.5ags who think 3.5 was the pinnacle of RPG design and that having many options is always great even if none of those options are worth taking to begin with.

Pretty damn good summery, 3.PF suffered from tonnes of options but few choices, 4e suffered from no meaningful choices and 5e has it nearly perfect with just a couple of things needing tweeking (crafting, a couple of archetypes etc).

I'm still confused as to the claims of mismanagement and bankruptcy at Paizo.