Pretty meta, but why we can roll dice if quests are on another board?

Pretty meta, but why we can roll dice if quests are on another board?

Other urls found in this thread:

dandwiki.com/wiki/Grog_of_Substantial_Whimsy_(3.5e_Equipment)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm pretty sure dice came before quests. We use them for things unrelated to quests. You would know that if you LURKED MOAR.

We were given dice specifically because of the popularity of quest threads, funny enough.

I miss having quest threads on this board.

dandwiki.com/wiki/Grog_of_Substantial_Whimsy_(3.5e_Equipment)

ROLL 'EM, BOYS!

False.

What percentage of the board would you say quest threads took up?

>50%
>90%
>more than 90%

Chapter generation threads.

Because it's fun.

>quest threads on Veeky Forums since 2008
>dice feature on Veeky Forums since 2010

Why do "hating on quest threads" and "blatantly lying" always go hand-in-hand?

Rolled 48 (1d100)

Because rolling dive is fun.

The quest migration happened in 2012. Fuck off with your revisionist history please.

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Watch me roll a nat 20.

People do things like random tables and character generation on here. FATAL characters even. How do you not know this, are you new?

I have played quests in '10, easily. So that's a lie.

Rolled 86 (1d1000)

>dandwiki.com/wiki/Grog_of_Substantial_Whimsy_(3.5e_Equipment)
Why the fuck not

You have to go back.

>PC's clothes change randomly when attacked. (Armour is not affected)

Rolled 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 3, 5, 5, 1, 5, 3, 6, 1, 6, 4, 6, 6 = 70 (18d6)

3d6 stats straight down, start rolling.

>The quest migration happened in 2012. Fuck off with your revisionist history please.

I bet all those off-site archives like suptg have been secretly edited to show earlier dates!

Quests existed before 2012, sure, but they weren't a major part on any board, Veeky Forums included. It was only after they were all shoveled here that they began to rise in popularity. The dice roller wasn't implemented just because of quests. It was implemented because dice are a core part of nearly any tabletop game system.

Rolled 828 (1d1000)

Sounds like fun.

Rolled 444 (1d1000)

rolling

Rolled 316 (1d1000)

Roland

good triple friend; checked

Rolled 562 (1d1000)

Let's see now

Rolled 99 (1d1000)

Rolled 511 (1d1000)

I win.

I knew quests were cancer when in an early metathread about quests several older quest masters were bitching about new quest masters stealing their audience.

Rolled 14 (1d100)

Rolled 834 (1d1000)

here goes

>PC sprouts a singing venus fly trap on their shoulder that sings when the PC is happy.

I can living with this

>[THING] is cancer because I once saw someone act like an asshole while they engaged in it

I believe you.

Rolled 54 (1d100)

Rolled 801 (1d1000)

Sounds like a lark. I'm stupid at dice, so hopefully this works.

>PC petrifies all grass they walk on.
Time to piss off every nature spirit in existence, also it will be much easier to track the party now.

Rolled 479 (1d1000)

Yeah, sounds like fun. Not like dice have a better use anymore.

Rolled 1, 6, 2, 2, 1, 3, 6, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 5, 5, 2, 1, 4, 6 = 59 (18d6)

6 STR
12 DEX
13 CON
9 INT
13 WIS
16 CHA

Smells like a bard in here

Rolled 139 (1d1000)

DECENT content on dandwiki?

Deserves a roll.

Rolled 330 (1d1000)

k

Rolled 598 (1d1000)

Well

Rolled 975 (1d1000)

Fuck it, buckling up for whimsy.

Rolled 347 (1d1000)

lets see

>I miss having quest threads on this board.
Fuck off

And because playing games on the board was also popular. Which did include quests but also included other forum games as well.

Now that any forum games are banned here and have to be in quest there's not much use for it other than rolling for retarded STAT ME threads

Rolled 963 (1d1000)

Rollan

Rolled 960 (1d1000)

Move to the desert.

>Any casted magic that affects the PC causes a wild surge.
That's pretty cool.

Rolled 284 (1d1000)

rollan

Rolled 2, 1, 5, 1, 3, 4, 2, 2, 2, 6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 2, 4, 2, 2 = 49 (18d6)

that is really cool actually!

also 9 STR
6 DEX
13 CON
8 INT
12 WIS
11 CHA
not sure what to do with this. I can't offhand think of a character build that needs high con and wisdom

8 STR
8 DEX
8 CON
13 INT
6 WIS
8 CHA
guess I'm a wizard

also last post was aimed at:
my bad

This was not the whimsy I had hoped for. WELP time to check into rehab boys, no more grog for me.

Rolled 5, 3, 5, 3, 5, 2, 5, 5, 4, 3, 6, 4, 4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 5 = 73 (18d6)

Let's see what I get.

Wait are you telling me that /qst/ was made seven years ago...

Why would you roll 18d6, that only goes up to 108.

13 STR
10 CON
14 DEX
13 INT
11 WIS
12 CHA
Decent all around, not particularly good at anything though. Any suggestions?

Rolled 400 (1d1000)

we rollin boyz

Rolled 412 (1d1000)

IS HAPPENING!1!1!1!

The golden age of Veeky Forums has come and passed. Accept it.

Golden age of the internet, more like. Even children act jaded and callous on the internet nowadays; it's no longer cool to openly have fun and enjoy things on the interwebs anymore.

Why do normies destroy everything they touch? I just want old Veeky Forums back, when oldfags were newfags, the edge was ironic satire, and no one had ever heard of this place. Now, we're second bananna to plebbit, and things will never change.

The walled gardens come next. I was glad to have known you, when we were free.

We were never free.

Does all gameplay belong on /qst/?

>my quest is on there and it was garbage

My god I've been here almost 10 years. Where have the years gone...

No roleplaying belongs here. If you were to run an actual game of DnD or something it would be done here not on /qst/.

Rolled 4, 4, 6, 5, 5, 1, 1, 4, 6, 6, 1, 1, 4, 4, 6, 2, 3, 4 = 67 (18d6)

rollan

STR 14
CON 11
DEX 11
INT 8
WIS 14
CHA 9

Cleric up in this motherfucker
Or a really insightful Fighter

Rolled 5, 3, 5, 3, 6, 6, 3, 5, 5, 5, 4, 1, 2, 6, 3, 2, 6, 3 = 73 (18d6)

How shitty will I be?

STR 13
CON 15
DEX 13
INT 10
WIS 11
CHA 11

Fairly tough Fightin' Man with no real weakness.

I miss having some questers writefagging for other threads. I don't miss most quests (some where good, a few where excellent, a lot were crap) but those niggas were fun in other threads like CYOA, story times and character development threads.

and then there's fukken Leonidas over here

I miss Overlad.

The rest of these are shit.

I miss matryoshka civ quest.
>Made a bunch of terrorized alchemical made humans defeat one of their creators with ingenuity, shitty balsa tumblingbranchwood and sharp rocks
>Develop fair trade and peaceful relations with either hostile or highly closed neighbors
>Normal characters start to become heroes, people get invested in their little lives.
>Become terrifying nation of slime tamers and users of gunpowder
>Actual turns developing cultural advancements in a setting where you're surrounded by undead abominations
>Autists come in and detour our perfectly balanced shit into warlike because HOOMANITY DUURRR HURR
>Questnigga stops.

Every. Fucken. Time.

So, what % of the board was quests, famalam?

Heaven forbid people play games on the traditional games board

Why don't you test that out, bud?

>Implying it wouldn't be labelled as a quest
>Implying you wouldn't get janitored
>Implying "any sort of collaborative story effort" wasn't put there to block similar attempts.

You can mention it in context or get a link to an actual recorded session, but playing here is no longer an option.

Dear God, Vampire Bride Quest was seven years ago. It can't have been that long.

>So, what % of the board was quests, famalam?
8%, according to a search of 4plebs for a week in April 2016 before /qst/ was created for threads with "Quest" in the subject field vs. the total number of threads in that time period.

Ayo hol up
So is you be saying
Is you be saying
That quests
Were not a significant percentage of threads
Or that
They quickly autosaged and didn't block "muh front page"
SHEEEEEEEEIT

How do I roll in Veeky Forums? (1d1000)

Read the sticky

Rolled 393 (1d1000)

never rolled before, lets hope i do this right.

Rolled 584 (1d1000)

I guess re-roll?

Me too. Mods will always be fags.

Something somenthing Incarnum.

>not even subtly starting another "boo hoo quests are gone" thread

I know you think you're clever for starting this thread designed to bitch about quest removal, but you won't accomplish anything.

You know, I didn't mind quests at first. There were only a few and some of them were neat. But once they got out of hand, and don't believe the liars who claim they didn't get out of hand because they very much did, I and many others asked the mods to do something about it.

And lo, they got their own board to play forum games on! But somehow having their own forum on Veeky Forums was a grievous insult? I'll never understand, but thankfully I won't have to. You, and all the questfags who didn't want to go to /qst/, have lost, and I praise the Mods every day for cleaning up Veeky Forums from all that persistent non-Veeky Forums material.

Rolled 931 (1d1000)

Roolllannn

Different guy here, I actually recently wondered why nobody had tried to run an campaign through Veeky Forums. Then I thought of the logistics, like the fact that I don't have the experience needed to organize this kind of thing, that it would necessitate heavy tripfaggotry and that outside of a small portion of the board that would enjoy being a spectator to a campaign everyone would fucking hate it.

Still strikes me as a neat concept, just one that probably shouldn't be attempted.

Rolled 2 (1d20)

Rolled 601 (1d1000)

Rolled 636 (1d1000)

gettin 'er done

>When the PC sleeps, the grass either grows in 160 sq ft area around the PC, or the existing grass grows ten times it's normal size.
Sounds like a good druid quirk.

With those stats, you can be anything...

Although, aren't your Con and Dex actually flipped?

Would probably make a good Conan, to be honest. Although not the sneakiest, got those mental stats down.

Sadly, average men are usually fighting men.

Rolled 5, 6, 3, 4, 3, 6, 3, 6, 3, 5, 1, 1, 6, 5, 2, 4, 1, 1 = 65 (18d6)

Let's try this again...

14 STR
13 DEX
12 CON
7 INT
13 WIS
6 CHA

Any full martial would work, but probably best to go Ranger or Cleric, I wonder?

Rullo rolly

>And lo, they got their own board to play forum games on! But somehow having their own forum on Veeky Forums was a grievous insult?

Making /qst/ and forcing all the quests on Veeky Forums to go there was like making a /vamp/ board and forcing all the World of Darkness threads on Veeky Forums to go there along with all the Vampire Hunter D threads on /a/, and then expecting the board to not immediately die.

Quest threads don't have anything in common besides the medium, and separating the quest threads from the board where all the roleplayers hang out doomed /qst/ because nobody's going to lurk a board they're uninterested in just on the off chance that a quest they like shows up. The people who play quests are the people on Veeky Forums.

Now you'll probably say that quest threads are parasitic because they need posters and can't survive on their own, but which threads on Veeky Forums can survive without any posters?

I'm surprised its not /3/-tier at this point

How new to Veeky Forums are you?

How did it end?

Rolled 637 (1d1000)

Oh please let it be something good.