Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

When was the last time your character got a medal or other form of largely symbolic reward?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/WMhRUURm

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/comrade
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73890/gogo-censored-for-copyright-infringement-rangers
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo-rogue-talents/stand-up-ex/
d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/ninja/ninja-tricks/rogue-genius-games-ninja-tricks/kip-up/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My character got a title of nobility, does that count?

Never, because every DM I've ever played with was one of those weirdo losers who insisted you need a material reward.

I don't want a sword! I want a HOMESTEAD!

>property
>not a material award

Depends on how good the privileges are and if it had land attached to it.

I mean considering I raised my banner in revolt and became an archduchess overnight

When has your game included the Politburo and the Party, anons?

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/comrade
Let us smite the capitalist pigs.

Imma shill my game real quick, I'll work on TLDRs about the antagonists and the city this weekend when I've hammered out my mid term essays

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73890/gogo-censored-for-copyright-infringement-rangers

Some shitty village of mud farmers that we saved from the plague declared our party healer to be their patron saint. They were going to give us all medals too, but we didn't have the heart to accept them, as they'd have had to melt down what little precious metals they had in order to make them.

>patron saint
Do that a few more times and you'll be getting divine ranks.

How can you stand up from prone as fast as possible and without provoking AoO like in 3.5?

You can't.

So how can I avoid being constantly tripped then?

Get a better GM.

Wis to AC seems great for the feature you give up, but if doing a dex build it seems pretty tight for feats if you give up the bonuses. I was looking at Mithral Current as being pretty cool, especially with free katana prof, is broken blade that much better? The +2 damage on discipline strikes seems like it'd be outweighed by the smaller damage dice and much worse crit profile.

If your GM allows 3rd party stuff, take the Stand Up Rogue talent, then take the Ninja Kip Up talent.
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo-rogue-talents/stand-up-ex/
d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/ninja/ninja-tricks/rogue-genius-games-ninja-tricks/kip-up/

These two are a must have, it may seem a bit expensive, but using up 2/5 of your resources to avoid an edge case scenario which will have an enemy perform one AoO on you is definitely something important!

My half-orc fighter for d&d 2nd ed was knighted and given a permanent position as a kings guard after stopping two cities from going at war with each other. The benefits that came along with the title was a decent amount of gold, property within the city (he ended up getting a really nice smithy and hiring an experienced armorer and weapon smith along with an apprentice which made him some gold on the side) and also a suite inside the castle keep along with the other PC's, which came with complementary breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a maid service to clean his room.

I'll need two levels in rogue at least, I don't have that luxury

Acrobatics off the ground like some kind of loony and hope you beat the enemy CMD.

One of the effects of the spell Blessing of Fervor can do that
>Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

I suggest you find a way to stop being tripped so damn easily then. Try growing extra legs, using counters from Path of War, or boosting your CMD with long lasting buffs.

Broken Blade is strong because it gives you multiattack strikes with damage-enhancing stances and boosts. It all gets multiplied and gives you silly numbers. You can just use Weapon Group Adaptation to use Broken Blade with, say, a greatsword. Or just pick up a sansetsukon

Weapon Group Adaptation is a mistake

>Start making a spherecaster
>Develops into 2 completely different builds
Fuck.

What two builds, user? Let's hear 'em~!

I'd feel really dirty to use weapon group adaptation, it should pretty clearly not exist.

Can you stand up with acrobatics? I couldn't find shit about it so I thought you couldn't without a feat (nor I found a feat for that), if you can I may go with that, my acrobatics are 24 at 8th level.

Wasn't Napoleon the man who invented the idea of medals?

Honestly the best thing they could do with the Weapon Group Adaptation problem is just put a line in Broken Blade saying that you can't use WGA with it. That would solve one of the biggest issues with Broken Blade. If you wanna use BB, use unarmed or a close weapon (Personally, I use it to shield bash)

Are Greatswords, meant to be like real life greatswords, or is it just a label that D&D/Pathfinder uses because it sounds cool?

That's not a 'normal' real life greatsword, that's a zweihander, which is like a mega-greatsword.

>24 Dex
>Improved initiative
>Always go last or the second from the bottom
Fuck dice gods

Well, I need to fill a vaguely supportive caster role in the party. We've got a frontliner and a ranged damage-dealer, so I need to be able to heal them up after combat, make Spellcraft checks, etc. It would help if I could party face also, as all we've got is some Diplomacy on the frontliner.

Build 1:
Time-themed Incanter/Hedgewitch fullcaster.
Pros:
>Great at knowledges
>Great face
>Versatile caster, access to many sphere effects
>Decent crowd control
>Can deal pretty good damage
>High save DCs for it's level
Cons:
>Terrible defenses
>Basically no chance to ever hit anything with attack rolls
>Low Perception
>Healing very inefficient on spell points

Build 2:
Sphere Druid battlecaster
Pros:
>Good HP and AC for a caster
>Good saves
>Respectable damage output
>Decent face
>Flank partner for frontliner
>High Perception
Cons:
>Only has Alteration and Life, maybe a dip into one more sphere
>Bad skills
>Weak knowledges
>No real ranged option aside from becoming a bird and flying up to the enemy
>No crowd control

I mean, I'd prefer a greatsword over an okaysword, but truth be told, I think an actual, "real-life" Greatsword as represented in the system would have the Reach property, and the "regular" greatsword would be called something like the "Claymore" because it's still two-handed but it's not HUGE as heck

does pathfinder even have a sword with reach

the Urumi is technically a sword I guess

i guess you could use custom weapon rules to make a zweihander but that's cheating

>custom weapon rules
>letting you actually make anything that isn't a cheesy monk weapon

you can't even duplicate the Rapier or Scimitar using those rules

You can't duplicate perfection user.

seriously?

i've never looked into them in-depth since i always just get a greatsword on my martials

>actual real life greatsword would have reach
>when even a spear doesn't
No.

Hey, that's just my opinion, man. I'm no medieval scholar, but zweihanders seem pretty long.

There are certain edge cases where you can make something ridiculously cheesy good, but a lot of the time you just come out with garbage. Hell, if you want an 18-20 crit range weapon, you've spent MORE POINT ALLOTMENT THAN A TWO HANDED EXOTIC WEAPON NORMALLY GETS.

>3 points for 19-20, 7 additional points for 18-20
>Exotics get +6, two-handers get +3
>you are one point over your allotment so far, and your weapon is a 1d3 exotic weapon with one damage type

PAAAAIIIIIZOOOOOOOO

1. Learn to fly without wings
2. Teleport a few feet into the air
3. Be a caster and fight prone like it's nothing

Hey, you can strap the finesse property to a bastard sword for free!

How do I get good passive defences as a sorcerer?

Get your buff-buddy to start the fight with Blessing of Fervor.

2 level dip into Paladin.

Nothing prohibits you from using Acrobatics while prone, and using Acrobatics to move through someone's threat range is just a combat maneuver.

>joking with players in RoW campaign
>cursed dress of Cold Immunity
>It's a +1 Haramaki, statistically, but it cannot be taken off
>It casts a DC 40 Unnatural Lust on all compatible males within 15 feet of the wearer, every single round.
>It also has a polymorph spell attached to it, that only takes effect on male wearers.

How shitty of an idea is this? Should I even give it to them as a joke? Could it work as a loincloth of the same? It might be a joke item for a side session, however.

What are fun 3rd level maneuvers that aren't just damage, or time skitter? Stuff from any discipline will work.

Only if the polymorph turns the wearer into a cute loli kitsune, that's also 800 years old so it's totes legal in any country.

>constant DC 40
>when it's likely to only going to get passed on a nat 20 for even most higher level PCs
>on an item likely going to see use by PCs in single digit levels

oh shit nigga what are you doing
DC 15-20 is probably safer

It's a rape item. The wearer would put it on with the intention of ending every combat in a huge puddle of semen and aches in every orifice.

It's a cursed item anyways. Maybe make it a +6 Charisma item as well. It also doesn't differentiate between allies and enemies, and it's for a party with one woman and three men

What's the best build for a high Int, low Cha character?

Wizard, Alchemist, Bard!

Wizard. There's feats/traits to replace Cha with Int for a bunch of things, including Diplomacy.

>Bard
>low cha
How are you going to be a manslut with low cha?

>Polymorph on men

W-W-What kinda polymorph?

Except the manual says that to move while prone takes 5ft as a full action

See

Does anyone have the Villain Codex? I'm looking for the Oracle stuff added in about Ascetic Oracle.

Fedora of Charisma, or maybe one of those replacing Cha-with-Int traits.

The one that turns you into a raging homosexual. Bara meta incoming.

BARA HOT STOCK

BUY BUY BUY

INVEST IN BARA

Sorcerer like the Wizard are actually shit on the passive defense front. A wizard is fucked the second he's asked to make a saving through because his class has no support for pumping then, he has one good save, and has to pump a non saving throw ability score. Same with sorcerer except you might have something from your bloodline.

BARA BUBBLE ABOUT TO BURST, UNSTABLE MARKET

I'm going to sell all my bara stock and invest in GINGA BISHOUNEN!

L-lancergirl meta is still rising!

WRONG

BARA META GROWING STRONG, NOT A BUBBLE, I REPEAT, NOT A BUBBLE.

Its a bold move

>Lancergirl meta

Haha, sure, and Path of War 1 errata is gonna come out someday

What meta does DHB's nugget man fall into?

Lancergirl is a theoretical market, like nanotechnology or designer gene tailoring.

You need to make the market before we'll invest in it!

What did you think? I'm pondering turning it into a unisex item- DC 40 Unnatural Lust on all nearby people that are compatible with the wearer, with the target of the lust BEING the wearer, along with another DC 40 polymorph effect that makes those hit by the Unnatural Lust, yknow... sexier

Also making it a +6 Con/+6 Cha item

Nugget-Man isn't meta, he transcends the meta.

>Investing in fuccbois

Oh shit nigga what are you doing, that's a toxic market.

Don't say that!

I'm trying to gain some investors for the initial start-up, but not a lot of luck.

Not if you diversify your fuccbois with a fabulousity index.

Just don't over invest into blonde.

PANIC IN THE EXCHANGE, BARA FUTURES UNSTABLE

I DON'T CARE!

I'll invest in Lancer GINGA BISHOUNEN!

I have insider knowledge that this is going to see a massive uptick in the coming weeks.

>He thinks GNGA is a fuccboi stock
What a fucking loser

GNGA is a strong stock, though a bit of a dark horse.

The blonde bishounen stock crashed with no survivors mate.

What Bara Bonds should I invest in for the Blingmaker market? There's so many competing companies!

>Just don't over invest into blonde.
All things considered... I don't regret my investment.

thats why you avoid overinvesting into the blonde, and index it with fabulousity

/pfg/ - Fantasy Stock Market

Never forget the liquidation of ARDN.

Nobody saw it coming, faith in the market has never been the same.

So I'm playing a cavalier in my current game and have been role playing him as a mercenary knight in a relatively low fantasy world. One of the cornerstones of this has been pretty devout worship of a goddess. In our latest session we came upon a town that worshipped this goddess that had recently been conquered. I hadn't really been too bothered by this as I'm true neutral mercenary type.

However when we arrived at the cathedral in the town the commander of the conquering army and a few of his soldiers were manhandling a priest and upon asking one of the peasants in the crowd watching this happen it turned out he'd been arresting the clergy and had looted the church.

I thought this was a great sacrilege and immediately started whipping the crowd into a mob. The chaotic good arcanist in my party wanted to discuss it peacefully with the commander, not necessarily to stop him but just to stop manhandling the priest. He then told the commander to go inside the church where and lock the door so they could discuss it whereupon his men started seizing all the priests. Meanwhile I was still outside whipping the crowd into a frenzy.

tl;dr the crowd and I eventually battered the door down and charged in and the arcanist teleported out. We plan on killing the men who laid their hands on the clergy for their heresy.

This whole caused a great deal of friction OOC between me and the arcanist because he wanted to settle it diplomatically which I've been all too happy to do in every previous session and am usually the party face in diplomacy, but I felt this was a matter of religion and the goddess in question is basically a god of chivalry and the defense of one's home and people.

Am I a dick for putting my character's RP stuff ahead of keeping the party running smoothly IRL?

Should I apologise?

A 5ft movement with a dc increased by five. Acrobatics explicitely states you can do this. If your opponent has reach I guess you're screwed, but you are allowed to roll five feet away and be standing at the end of it.

Rumors of CAS and VAL official merger confirmed by discord cabal, official press conference scheduled for 10PM Eastern tonight.

Almost as crazy as when STSN crashed, though that did create opportunities for companies like CYDN and IMDE to rise.

>decide to be adventurous and branch out from my typical, safe Brunette endeavors
>dip my toes into Blonde since it's always been stable
>suddenly the market becomes shifting and wild, but I've already committed, even artificially

I-I'm sure everything'll even back out, right?

>Am I a dick for putting my character's RP stuff ahead of keeping the party running smoothly IRL?

Not really, as long as the DM approves of the roleplay and it doesn't cause long-term resentment the Arcanist *should* get over it.

And if he doesn't get over it... Well, that's something you can roleplay out!

depends, did you also invest in ANML? If so, I think you're boned, son.

Pfft, ANML is the best stock there is.

Depends on the Blonde, user. Amber/Grain is oversaturated, Gold is quite rare on men, and Platinum/Gray is always in style.