/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/its-in-the-cards-x1000-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
What's your favorite WoD-splat, strictly fluff-wise?

Other urls found in this thread:

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Demon:_Days_of_Fire
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But who are the most vampire vampires in Vampire?

Ventrue, really

Depends entirely on your definition of most vampire vampires

Nosferatu.

If PHP was secretly a plot by Pentex would Rasmus Ledorf be a formarch or just an unwitting pawn of Pentex.

Ventrue represent real bloodsucking parasite people, not folklore.

Has someone already shared Cursed Necropolis: Rio?

>strictly fluff-wise
VtM until about 1997
I really miss edgy homo 90s grimderp

Old vamp, i like new mage too.

Mage, either version. The two tend to run together when I come up with stuff for either game more than a lot of partisans would be happy with.

new Demon

The technocracy is my main hangup with ascension.

Odd, I always kind of liked them.

My hang up with ascension is the difficulty of suspending disbelief in some cases, and with awakening it's how hackneyed "the truth" is.

I'm not a fan of the technology vs magic 'conflict'/paradigm/whatever you want to call it.

It's a popular trope in fiction. I guess you're in the minority.

Magic isn't real, doofus.

The Union is one of the coolest aspects of Ascension, in my oh so honest opinion.

It most certainly is real, user. The Spheres are all around us!

This is me

>technology vs magic
Mages in these games are highly adept with technology. There are technology wizards basically.

It's just the technocracy's name that gives you that other idea.

Not all of the Awakened incorporate tech into their work.

Magic and science are the same thing based on your Paradigm. The Technocrats aren't wizards, and the Verbena aren't technologists.

There are similarities and exceptions in some cases, such as the Hermetics. They see magic as a different science compared to the Union; an arcane / occult science.

See, the way I choose to "read" the Free Council is that they're basically what could have happened if the Traditions and Technocracy came together.

The Seers are the other possible result.

So for me, the Diamond are the odd man out. It's rare for me to play Diamond characters, and City/Region writeups I do tend to favor Council/Seers over the Diamond.

My problem is that the symbolism aspect of NMage is kind of shitty, and I prefer a more Existential approach to Mage.

>all the magick of the spheres
>still bald

If I did a fan-made supplement of criminal organizations in the world and their roles would anyone be interested in that? Kind of like the mafia book did back in 2002?

Like the Italians, Triads, Yakuza, Bratva, Latin American cartels, and the more sophisticated and organized street gangs?

Daily remind Magecucks are cuckolded by the reality of their neet lifestyle

mages > you

So in apocalypse, why do werewolves have a weakness to silver?

Because that's part of the folklore identity of werewolves and they have to cling to what they have since just about everyone else *also* has the ability to transform into fucking wolves.

>mfw the answer to magefags is to just ignore them

It was in front of our noses the whole time

Where the fuck is this from?

Days of Fire

Not sure what that is.

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Demon:_Days_of_Fire

Of course. Who would dare provoke a true wizard?

Vampfags do, all the damn time.

They never succeed, but they still try.

It's Luna stuff and they're half other Luna stuff. Same whatever as Superman and Krypton's debris.

>strictly fluff-wise?
Hunter or blue book mortals.

No, do the fucking magical school already

VtM is still my favourite fluff. I just really like so many of the clans in it.

Fangy BDSM nerds sorted by coolness, since nobody's done this in a couple threads.
>Lasombra
>Giovanni
>Nosferatu
>Tremere
>Tzimisce
>Ventrue
>Followers of Set
>Assamites
>Toreador
>Gangrel
>Malkavians
>Fucking Caitiff

>Brujah

>tremere being that high

>there are legitimately people with such shit taste

>disliking spooky goth wizards, of all things
Why would anyone want to be another kind of goth or another kind of wizard or another kind of spooky than be a spooky goth wizard?

>spooky goth wizard
>laughing hermetic

Tremere are bitches that traded superior magics off for vampirism.

Get fucked emo fags

How powerful is blood magic compared to true magick?

Minimally. It's more versatile than regular vampire disciplines but usually no more powerful.

Hardly comparable. Mage magic is the most powerful kind of magic, period.

It seems that my post on the other thread was utterly useless.

Does /wodg/ wipes out every new thread? Do you have RAM instead of long term memory?

Sigh.

What post was that, exactly?

>trade a tiny bit of nerd for a ton of attractive goth

It was useless. You were comparing outdated material to outdated material. Barely an user bothered with your post(s).

>REEEEEEE 2 dots in Spheres / Arcana can trump higher dots in Disciplines REEEEEEE

If you're picking your game for the kind of dress you get to wear I don't even know what to say. I'd probably do the same if I had any chance of actually looking good in fancy goddamn dresses. Costuming looks like a fun time in a lot of the same ways as character customization can be.

How much of a challenge is an Incarnate Beast to an NMage?

Depends on the mage in question.

How long is a piece of tass?

I'm planning on running game set in NYC. I am wanting to create a Territory system for the game, for players to be able to control areas and get benefits like Contacts and Influence from those areas. Anyone got any good district maps of NYC?

The fact that "spooky goth wizard" is actually annoyingly hard to pull off in Requiem is one of my least favorite things about it. You either have to be a pagan hippie/pagan hellraiser wizard, a Christfag wizard, or a more standard wizardly archetype who doesn't actually have any spells, but can walk in sunlight longer.

Anyone willing to share Cursed Necropolis: Rio?

Found this in the filename thread, changed the name appropriately.

A tie between VtM and WtA

Oh snap it's jujimafu. Super cool guy, glad he's making it big now.

Take the staff nerd neet magecucks

The technocracy is the only interesting thing in Mage.

You're posting in a ghost town. These threads have been unmade by the magefags.

At how many dots do spheres/arcana outdo the others gifts and disciplines?

It's almost like you should define your characters by their personality and not mechanics, user.

Well there are also free-mason wizards and you can always build your own form of magic with what is written in Blood Sorcery

The Spheres of Ascension and the Arcana of Awakening will generally outdo Disciplines at around 2 - 4 dots, while Gifts are in-between the two; over vampires but under mages.

Vampires>Changelings>Mages>The rest

When it comes to sex

If your character's personalities would let them give up discovering how to kill with geometry alone then they were never really PCs.

Mages being better than the rest is a very OWoD thing, CofD they are more or less equal to the others. There's not much that a mage can do against Celerity or Dominate for instance. Werewolves also win at 1v1 unless you're a Beast.

Please dude, we're all just so sick and tired of this shit.
Enough with all the fucking bait.

So are Changelingfags excited for Lost 2ed or scared they will ruin everything?

I'm cautiously optimistic.
However odds are I'll just tear the shit I don't like out of whatever's put out, and run the game the way I want.

>taking the bait from his own comment

Not even sure which side you're on.

From stuff that was already spoiled what are your likes and dislikes. I kinda dislike Huntsman as I'm afraid they will clog all the space and pop up everywhere like Indigam in Wtf2 and Strix in Vtr2

Huntsmen are my big one. I feel they make the Fae too prevalent in the real world, with too much of an immediate and persistent threat to the eternal question of when/whether your Keeper would come for you. Plus they're too much of the focus of the new need to keep yourself hidden, written in to too many systems.

I'm also mildly irritated that contracts are now one-off purchases rather than incremental ones, however I feel they may still have some of those.

I was initially quite annoyed that seeming is now only defined by your escape, rather than your durance, but still affects your appearance in various ways. But I've kinda come to accept it more now, but it still annoys me.

I was also initially irritated that harvesting glamour drains willpower, but I guess that it did seem a bit too good to be true that Changelings could get their resource back with almost no cost (albeit a lore suggestion that you might be harming their souls ever so slightly).

My own.
I'm sick of this vampfagging, and the magefags who flock to accurately tell them how retarded they're being.

So I can't speak my mind because you think I'm a shitposter?

It's not stupid If I'm speaking from experience. Mages aren't as powerful as people claim them to be. It's exaggerated a lot.

I see what you mean about huntsmen. I never played Changeling but after reading 1ed core I particularly liked NPC called Grandfather Thunder or something. I liked the bit with described how he walked the cost armed with a iron hammer yelling at his Keeper to come at him. So yeah uncertainty and paranoia was great bit of True Fae

Willpower bit is IMHO alright because other splats that need to somehow interact with humans for stuff do inflict hurt in one way or another(Vamp, Beast and Demon)

Then you've never experienced someone who actually knew what they were doing.

The whole "hyperscience is just magic" is garbage. So Technocrats believe in progress through rationality and scientific experimentation even though their own gadgets tend to regularly cause random effects from exploding to getting them dragged away by angry spirits?

That's it, then? All splats get these new awesome enemies for the ST to throw at the group when there's a lull and no one feels like actually interacting with the game world or each other?

While the vampfags and magefags rip into each other, let's discuss Werewolf: the Apocalypse!

Any of you actually played it? What as you character like?

Was one of the first game books I've got but never played it. Thou it did start my interest in Wod/Cofd

We don't want werefags stinking up the chronicles of fagness.

Leave.

The Technocratic Union don't use magic. What magic is and isn't is all based around your Paradigm. This isn't an Arthur C Clarke "magic is just science we don't understand yet", it's consensual damn reality.

>mfw I had this anal retentive ST for Werewolf who was obsessed with keeping track of stats of every form and shit

It gets annoying when you have a pack of five.

So back in VtM, vampires like Jeanette, who actually have sex with humans are regarded as the grossest thing ever, but after reading so much about the Daeva, that kind of behavior is almost commonplace for them?

>What's your favorite WoD-splat, strictly fluff-wise?

Changeling: The Lost.

Entirety of CofD is just taking the deviancy to the forefront because they know it's what people do anyway. Hell, werewolves can now fuck other werewolves in Forsaken 2E without any drawbacks, for example.

Can't both of you just let the last retard who posted get the last word and move into a better discussion?

Like what kind of cultures do you like to build concepts around? I'm partial to Aztec myths and asthetics

I loved werewolf but I was fortunate to have a pre existing group so I never had to deal with the furry menace that supposedly surrounds it.

My character was a German Get of Fenris who had a veeery potent connection to his ancestors. He was rash, hot headed and it bit him in the ass when he got captured and tortured by wyrn beasts having to be saved by his pack (and learn a valuable lesson about teamwork).

Ech depands. Are we talking about game setting then I'm more inclined to build it around stuff I'm familiar with like history of europe and such

I played a Silent Strider Theurge in the Wild West. A slave with the thinnest bit of wolf that had a very bad view of western civilization in general and whites in particular and a lot of anger issues. He was basically werewolf Malcolm X prowling the wild frontier. He made a mess of traditional Striders spiritual practices, stuff he picked up from / bargained for with native mystics and whaty he learned about spirits by himself.
In the end he derailed the campaign by frenzying at the wrong time and killing all the wrong people... We never got to finish that story.

>someone actually played Wild West Werewolf

Well I'll be damned.