Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1428: Dance Forever Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wPrUmViN_5c
youtube.com/watch?v=mFz0bXXROmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey, /jc.

Query - are there perks that make me a desirable candidate for magical items? For example, something to get the Lantern RIng to seek me out.

I think one of the Kamen Rider jumps has something like that, there is also EX collector From fate

What are some good intangibility perks that aren't "density manipulation" and aren't in Worm?

ghost from Justice league dark, or forgotten realms.

Danny Phantom ghost or half ghost.

I think there are perks that make you plot important, like The Once & Future King from Merlic BBC, or that Legend perk from Wind Waker? They make the world's "plot" automatically consider you to be an important character.
You could tack "Use Any Item" from Overlord LN onto it in addition to that, which would allow you to be able to automatically use magic items that normally have to choose their wielder or something.

I don't know of any perks that would cause them to SPECIFICALLY seek you out over other potential candidates, though.

X-Men Movies has a Phasing power.

Who made that jump, anyway? It's kinda OTB'y.

It's a Wakfu jump.

Ergo, it's shit.

Hey SMTAnon, do the weird heat blades you can create using THE EARTH Gimmick from Duel Monsters - the Heroes count as Weapons for the purposes of Imports? I notice in the art the blades are being projected out of handles. If not, could I instead project the blades around weapons that I am already wielding?

>Dance Forever Edition

Generic Creepypasta has Intangible as a perk.

Exalted has Dematerialize (mostly infernals or god-blooded from mortals, not sure if the other two can do that).

Ben10 if you go Ectonurite.

Also basically any jump with ghost powers.

Jumpers! What's the most niche skill you've taken the time to master?

Sure. On the Import thing, I mean.

Calligraphy

Alright cool. Thanks.

Tea-making. I was Iroh's best friend because of that.

read that as "crotch-walker"

Chicken Sexing. I ran a farm a few times.

If I went to Soul Eater as a Monster Cat after Castlevania, would Power if Dominance apply to all of my souls or just one?

All nine, presumably.

It's an outlier /and/ one of the oldest.

Probably all? I honestly see no reason why it wouldn't, unless you don't consider the other souls to really be yours for some reason.

None, having your soul injured counts as consent.

Can you maybe not?

Nice memes bro.

Fire Eating.

Brainfuck

What's it an outlier of?

It's a Wakfu jump. That's all you need to know about it in terms of it's quality.

Speaking of Soul Eater, are those huge city-sized souls actually representative of "soul-rendingand", or is it just something of an "aura"? If the former, do we have anything that would prevent that besides just keeping your soul weak?

Not exactly intangibility, but the thing Environmental Excursion from Bayonetta refers to has the added bonus of being able to manipulate things in the physical realm while you're in Limbo

>KHS

Shoot. My mistake, then.

Oh. Slightly different from what I remember being told by someone else.

>EoAE

I don't suppose you'd remember the name of those spells? I was a bit leary of involving D&D magic because of the whole opposite alignment=smite-compatible thing; not that strong enough goodness wouldn't be able to smite evil anyway but like you said-being slightly different from D&D evil seems worth it to hedge bets on Smite Evil.

>PPG

Definitely would be regulated, yes. I was thinking less of setting up a permanent fixture to it, and more opening and closing portals as needed.

Last I remember Muyo's ruling said merging their DNA was fine post-jump. Although beforehand I did splice angelic "DNA" (Splice and Dice, Bayonetta) into both fetus and Lilith biomass to make them extra-compatible with myself at the time.

You're literally beating a dead horse at this point. Add to that the fact that most of his work was far better than that (including the first Gauntlet people actually liked), and it's patently clear you're only doing this because he's not here to defend himself.

You already ran him out after making it look like everyone was just pretending to like him for two whole years so they could backstab him later. You already killed him. What more do you want?

Usually Wakfu jumps are just forgettable, but DP leans towards somewhat bad.

>soul-rendingand
*"soul-stuff".

youtube.com/watch?v=wPrUmViN_5c

Elsewhere Coil shepherding

>Red already ran him out
FTFY.

The Path of Heaven, from Kamen Rider Kabuto. Makes you the Chosen One protagonist, that (among other things) is the preferred candidate for any powers seeking out a worthy wielder.

Yes, keep throwing blame. Obviously user is never the one at fault.

Kill yourself you... I can't even call you a faggot. That'd be an insult to proper faggots.

>in another 4 years, the '90s will be more than 2 decades away

Really makes me think

They were actively friends since before /jc/ started, that doesn't make any sense.

It's an aura. Your soul is still inside you, the sphere surrounding you is just a visual representation.

It's a shitposter. Spite is the only thing that keeps him alive. Every time he's reported into oblivion, he dies a little more inside.

youtube.com/watch?v=mFz0bXXROmM

It's another tactic.

Blaming Red for everything horrible that ever happens seems to be a popular shit-throwing tactic.

Wouldn't that invigorate him? Since people are getting mad enough to report him?

When jumpmakers leave they contribute to the thread in one more way, they became fuel for shitposting and hateposting

>When low-quality jumpmakers leave
FTFY.

How did you meege lilith and adam dna without triggering lose contidition in evangelion?

It's an aura, and it is VERY hard to obtain. Keep in mind, that the beings who can put off that kind of aura are the heavy hitters of the Soul Eater world, Great Old Ones who are truly immortal so long as their madness lives on. So long as there is Fear, Asura will live. So long as there is Order, Death shall live (unless he purposely creates as successor, like with Asura and Death the Kid). These are beings with extremely powerful souls from the get go, who are thousands of years old and strong enough that their Madness can affect the entire planet. You won't have to worry about it.

Not that user, but you can't see reports.
So it's the opposite of a (You).

Unless your Soanon. Left twice for increasingly pointless reasons and no one gives a fuck. Which is probably for the best.

Does it provide any benefit at all, or is it just for aesthetics.

Alright, I don't get it. Is this a meme? I just explained it in and-

>checked 4plebs
>some cheeky cunt is impersonating me while gargling nonsense
>got all of the (You)s before being deleted

I ain't getting a trip so-heads up people, I either sort my filenames for easy access or they come out as numbers when I'm mobileposting.

I've never watched Stargate, come to think of it. Which seasons does it peak at?

SoAnon, Wild Card, and Dirge are all synonyms for the same person. The shitposting for all of them is the same anyways

Pretty sure it's just for aesthetics, I don't recall it ever being used directly. Sometimes a person's soul-bubble will appear when they're doing something impressive with their soul, but I can't think of any cases where the bubble itself did anything.

You dont explain there though, splicing adam dna into a fetus is mixing adam and lilith. You are not actually explaining anything here. To be honest I am not convinced it wasn't you earlier.

Ah, so not even some neat sensory ability?

Meant for

>You must actively resist the urge to hunt down Lilith, or ADAM if you can sense its embryonic
form
>If you voluntarily unite with ADAM or Lilith, the Jump Concludes as if you had died
I'm assuming it's because you don't explain that you're trying not to merge with them. Or whether you're still doing this in the Evangelion jump or not. You're leaving some important details out.

That no one even considered it might not be you says a lot, don't you think?

You can sense things with your soul, sure. The soul bubble isn't related to it, though, we've got canon examples of people who have incredible sensory skills that don't have huge souls.

It's because she was legitimately an unlikeable bitch. He can't cause a shitstorm over someone like that, people will just agree "Yeah we all hate her." It won't even piss her friends or fans off like it will with some others, she didn't have any. Basically bancho.

Okay I think there's some sort of misunderstanding-in Evangelion, Adam IS a fetus during the most recent available timeline after blowing up because he tried to reclaim the Earth and got blown up by NERV interrupting him.

So I just chucked it and some Eve DNA into the Warehouse. Helped Shinji and Rei fight off SEELE's inevitable panic.

And then in the subsequent jump, performed the splices.

>not convinced it wasn't you earlier

Which deeply disturbs me, because whoever that is a) is quite clearly bullshitting, and b) appears to have been completely taken at face value.

Look, I've never tried this but-isn't there software out there that lets you track IPs? No idea how difficult that is, but I'm willing to bet nothing I post from shares an IP with him.

Ugh, point. Yeah, that's my bad then.

It makes me wonder whether memes are born from spite or vice versa, or if it's a chicken and egg thing yeah.

It might represent the range where your Soul/Madness wavelength affects things? Since Death was concentrating his Madness of Order within the city in order to keep Asura from waking back up. Would explain why Asura's Madness of Fear was able to affect the entire world so (relatively) easily where normally the Madness of Order is a hard counter.

*Lilith

And that's what happens when you wake up to this tomfoolery in the morning, and it's just starting to sink in.

>Which deeply disturbs me, because whoever that is a) is quite clearly bullshitting, and b) appears to have been completely taken at face value.
And what does that say about you?

Looking at the immortality options talk last thread made me wonder, how hard would it be to obtain Hero BBS immortality in-jump? I seem to remember it was supposed to be possible.

I see some structural problems with this jump. There should be more options then just being a judge, and a Drop In option should be a thing.

I thing a good solution here to to make Judge either a bonus origin or capstone booster. As in the other origins would be free. Being a Judge would cost CP and stack on top of them, either having it's own perk line, or enhance some of the Perks of the other backgrounds. Like A corrupt Judge would be a criminal/underside background plus Judge.

>Executioner – Veteran
This.. seems like it should be a drawback more then a perk.

>Grit and Grim
This should be able to change the world to be more or less grim based on your actions, not only making the world darker. You making the decision NOT to go dark and edgy making the world brighter, as long as you don't let the world break you.

It is possible gods seem to give it to mages like candy. Only to heros though, and sometimes against their will.

Don't be an asshole. If we want explanations, we need to explain things in return.

Yeah, even little details like that are really important. It's the same thing with the huge science terms you used, just try to look at it from an idiot's point of view and explain it that way.

What are the best methods of achieving omnipotence?

Soul Troubleshooting.

I wasnt even here at the time but I find it funny that nobody even posited the chance it may not be garlock. Everyone just looked at it and said "yep that's him."

The best I can say about her is that I didn't really pay attention to anything she did and don't really give a shit either way.

In fact, I don't care so hard, I'm mostly just posting for the sake of sharing this gif.

I like it. I hope you like it too.

I wouldn't go that far. When she wasn't throwing a fit over peanuts she was generally pleasant to talk too. I don't think she was totally unlikable although it's not like we were friends. I just don't care enough to defend someone who's not even here over a decision I didn't agree with in the first place.

......why? for fun, or did you actually make anything with it?

>jam a gun with a trading card

what

>KHS
On the subject of Slayers Magic. There are only a few types of spells that can be cast by a person no matter what. Astral Spells and White (But NOT Holy) Magic rely upon your own magic and that's it. Shamanism in general invokes local spirits of the world, by calling on general things "Flame, source of all Light and Heat...", through the use of Power Words. Incantationless magic is a bit harder, needing more mana per spell because you're bulling through the invoking of things with sheer mana. Black Magic in general is invoking one monster or another, Dragon Slave invokes Ruby Eyes.

In general you might wanna go for Astral/White Magic and spells made by Rei Magnus. The guy was a monster of a mage and he created entire branches of spells that needed only HUGE amounts of energy to cast. Other than that the various creations of Golems/Chimera/Warding Trinkets/etc don't invoke anything in particular.

>EoAE
Smite works by checking your personal stat sheet via interfacing with you on contact. Your alignment has little to do with it if you happen to have a implement or something that states (Counts as Evil Outsider) then your shit got hit, this is why Tieflings have such a bad rep as they all detect as Evil under proven magics. Your plan could put you in that category, intentions be damned.

>PPG
Are you saying you did something similar to what Gendo did? That's what I'm getting here.

In general it's achievable by normal human lifetimes, albeit one's with access to magic but yeah. Sage of the Forest dude managed it young IIRC. It comes in magic or divine gift flavors. Also it's hinted that you can turn into a dragon for about the same treatment.

Truth be told, that's something I'm really bad at overlooking. I've been told before sometimes while trying to parse (big idea) with (bigger idea) I forgot to mention the intervening steps on the way. Will keep in mine.

The shitpost is pretty funny, in hindsight. I swear the line's ripped from a Doctor Who episode-that one where he had to get the Sonic Screwdriver struck by lightning to defeat the Cult of Skaro, maybe?

I know, right?! If I ever DO decide to reverse the polarity of the pandaedric tachyon metasingularity manifold complex or whatever, I'm going to feel REALLY silly about all of this.

>Executioner

Agreed

>Grit and Grim

Seems like it's expanding the scope of the perk more than anything, so less sure about that

It's the fact that he has a spare card on his neck presumably as Plan B that gets me

>because whoever that is a) is quite clearly bullshitting,
To be fair, when half of your combos rely on a lot of shit from Exalted (i.e. stupid bullshit excessive flowery language: the game), a lot of what you say also seems like bullshitting.

The fun part of that is figuring it out yourself.

>It's the fact that he has a spare card on his neck presumably as Plan B that gets me

Wrong. That's a locket that has a picture of his little brother in it

>This.. seems like it should be a drawback more then a perk.
Nahhh, it seems fine as a perk.

Just needs a way to turn it off, when you don't want a bloody mess.

Does it make me a bad person that I grabbed the Special Human drawback and ruined the world just so I could have more cp to buy stuff?

Yo Garlock did you see

Depends on how you ruined the world. Also depends on how you fanwank drawbacks.

The general answer to these kind of questions is that if you felt the need to ask then it's usually going against what your conscience believes is right.
There is no real objective morality outside of D&D so that decision lies in your hands

>Astral Spells and White

Noted, thanks. That's the Ra Tilt, right? That thing seem pretty neat. And thanks for the recommendation, but I think the whole thing is starting to look a bit finicky for a martial art and in the past I was given to believe it was very much an innate thing so-I think it might be simplest to just nix it from the combo.

>EoAE

Huh, I see. Unfortunately I don't know enough about D&D magic to guesstimate what specific spells might blend well with the combo.

>PPG

Effectively yes, but without a Rei as an intermediatory for the spliced and cloned Lilithian biomass. And post-jump, after conventional Instrumentality had been derailed.

But it looks like a children's car-

...of course it does. OF COURSE IT DOES.

I did, yes! I go into a temporary ADD fugue when posting sometimes because I like to address everything at once

That's. That's understandable.

I'm honestly surprised nobody's called me on the galaxy of sharks yet. Or did I explain that already? It's been a while, but I remember posting something that involved using To Call Form from S&S to draw on Shinmaic presences for wyld-forging.

Fucking hell. Ranma Fanverse drawback, if retained, can be used to connect your Jumpchain to the Innortal Loops.

There are less painful ways to end your chain, user

Alright, which Sber are you quoting this time.

Is this more of Record the Recording's bullshit? Or cliffc?

Could you just leave this shit over there next time instead of being a self-proclaimed delivery boy.

>I've never watched Stargate, come to think of it. Which seasons does it peak at?
It depends on what you like. It changed overtime.

If you were to do such a thing you deserve every bad thing that ever happens to you from that point forward.
I thought even the people with shit taste over here had better taste than this.

Um, not him, but what about jumping shitty fanfiction makes him an SB-er?

She never wasn't throwing fits, though.

>Reminder that soon we can collect the whole set.

There were plenty of times. You must have missed them.

Every time something like this comes up, it's usually homeboy running posts from Spacebattles, and it's always the same four or five people.

How do I know? Because I used to lurk SB until I got tired of a few people's shit.

The fuck have you lot been doing today?

>Ra Tilt
It's only you and Gaunlet who use the Astral version of Dragon Slave you know. I know for a fact he uses it to power up spells he embeds in his weapons, which would be like strapping a spiritual nuke on his sword if you ask me. However, yeah the Ra Tilt and Elmecka (Elmekia merely being a kingdom that made the spell) Lance don't rely on anything but your self.

Going to the Ranma Loops is death, unless you can survive a Ah My Goddess Server Reboot.