Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

Bored as fuck and waiting for anything new at all edition

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!9zAjGSwI!GH98VYtG1nYcALyUnlf1Eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thread claimed for the Emperor's Shadows and their Master Crafted Chainswords! :^)

IMPERATOR VULT

CHARGE FROM RHINOS SOON

Templates are OP and moving models is tedious.

Good idea m8. I've got the other 9 tacticals all fully-washed in blue and waiting for some Layering. I'll try some Brass, along with a single red shell for a tracer.

Rhino rush! Making Landraider and open top vehicles even more pointless!

I'm starting to think the Kirby's team doing the rules are just copy pasting rules from other games and older edition and calling it a day.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Power Sword" bullshit that's going on in 40k right now. Power-Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine power-katana from a magos for 5 STC's and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid ceramite with my power-katana.
Forge World fabricators spend years working on a single power-katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to the galaxy.
Power-Katanas are thrice as sharp as Eldar swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a Ghostglaive can cut through, a power-katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a power-katana could easily bisect a wraight-knight wearing with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why the Eldar never bothered attacking the Shadows of The Emperor? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai-Marines and their power-katanas of destruction. Even in the Siege of Alaitoc, Eldar Banshees targeted the marines with the power-katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Power-Katanas are simply the best power-sword that the galaxy has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in 40k. Here are the stats I propose for Power-Katanas:
S:Ux2
Ap:1
Armorbane
Fleshbane
Instant Death
Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Power-Katanas in 40k, don't you think?
tl;dr = Power-Katanas need to do more damage in 40k, see my new stats.

I mean, I play 90% of my games at 850 so LRCs are a bit hard to fit in, so I'm not against it.

Just give me the option to actually footslog if push comes to shove and NOT just die ASAP and I am absolutely fine.

3rd-4th Black Templars footslogging and the consolidation sling shot.

I miss that.

Deep thought:

Both players alternate using a unit each phase in 40k 7th edition.
What happens?

MSU becomes even more optimal of a strategy

What does Veeky Forums think of Imperial Knights?

Do Knight Worlds actually field non-Knight soldiers (e.g. infantry support/screens, Guardsman levees as part of a tithe, or a recently discovered Knight World losing almost all of its Knights due to millennia of attrition/technological decay)?

How flexible can you be with designing a Knight World/House? They seem pretty cool, but apparently the Throne Mechanicus gives you autism.

What's MSU?

Does greenstuff dry out or go bad once opened? (But not mixed).

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I've never worked with it before and don't want it going bad if I store it wrong.

Massive Succulent Units

has there been any discussion on this yet?

Welp my own fault for browsing without shitpost filters.

Assuming it's one action per phase, per unit until the next round?

Might be fun

It's not that bad, large units give you more impact than the MSU player.

multiple small units

Essentially alternating actions means armies with loads of little squads can out-activate other armies and dictate the terms of engagement with impunity.

>How flexible can you be with designing a Knight World/House?
There's not much set in stone with them. And I'm pretty sure anyone would be cool with an excuse to run an army that's more than just knights.

Not a lot, most people just shoved it off as having no reliable source.

Yes
Dismissed as 70% asspul 10% wishful reading and one actual fact

Looking for The Red Path in its entirety.

When found it will be added to the archives.

>New edition Clickbait
We don't discuss anything other than how to deny that website ad revenue around here.

>S:Ux2
>Ap:1
>Armorbane
>Fleshbane
>Instant Death
The... Murder Sword?

It came from a Spaniard board know to shitpost.
Or Mexican board for the USAfags.

CSM players BTFO

i haven't modeled one up yet, should i make a katana with 104 folds or 105 folds?

>Do Knight Worlds actually field non-Knight soldiers

Probably not because they were designed to defend their planets, going out into the galaxy is new to them so making an army for them is just out of their character and in after the Heresy out of character for the Imperium. No reason why you couldnt have your house take their PDF elites into space along with their Knights.

>How flexible can you be with designing a Knight World/House?

As flexible as you want, I made a Knight House that was founded by several Freeblades and millenia later works as a corporation, selling their services to the Imperium, buying Freeblades and getting rich while the original families control the entity.

eh, they're okay. i hate how they're cheap and helped ushered in the age of LoWs.

with that said i wish GW had bothered to bring in more superheavies but i can see why they didn't

tons. there's little truth to it

>not modeling your murdersword as a katana.

Let's talk about a what if:

>we are actually in the 41st millenium
>this is not actually earth (holy Terra)
>An imperial colonization force of sorts arrive here
For the sake of argument let's say they don't just exterminatus' us because of any reason they should

What happens? will they send the imperial guard to take over the planet? How many men will they need for that? how will people react to that?

>only 104 or 105 folds
And that's why xeno weapons will always be inferior to human wepons, which are folded at least a million times before the magos even tests the blade by cutting a monomolecular string.

fuckin imperial whitewashing!

>xenophase blade folded so many times it cuts through invulnerable saves

They'll just take orbital superiority and we'll fold pretty quickly.

"diamond tipped"

well all my experience making and drawing skulls will pay off.

as long as the planet donates bodies to the war effort and switches over to worshiping the emperor we're okay. most major religions today worship a central figure and any could easily be the emperor.

>he didn't watch all of the ghost in the shell movie

and what happens if some idiot on our side decides to launch nukes for some reason?

how would a land war against the guard look like with today's technology?

Do we know much about how well each factions sells or its popularity? I know GW is secretive and SMs are at the top.
But what fills their pockets and what do they wanna squat but are afraid to?

>buying and selling Knights
With the way Thrones are fluffed, isn't this super haram?

Pretty much, and not a hell of a lot. Just trigger MAD, wait till we nuke most of our planet to rubble, then sent down a couple regiments to subjugate the survivors.

Africa has the least strategic value (and thus survives bombardment), most untapped natural resources, and highest population growth; 'Earth' becomes a Hive World.

Nukes wouldn't do much, they're not designed for anti orbital warfare.

How shit is your steel that you need to fold it over a hundred times just to get it to work without shattering? Even Japanese officer swords mass-produced from railroad ties aren't that brittle!

which archive has the novels?!

I don't think they're selling the Knights themselves, just their services.

bad, but hey we could probably convince the invaders (not the chapter) that north korea and some dicators are chaos worshipers

marines, orks, chaos, eldar, tau are consistently the top. GSC, admech/skittles,the plastic saint, special canoness sold very well. sisters are just there. not sure about AoS but people love the sigmar marines

I heard you can't really use clippers with resin. If so, what are you supposed to use?

>Soon finished converting 2k worth of Tau
>Painting like a madman
>Eyeing necessary purchases to update my Thousand Sons
>155 euros
>*sweating rubric marine.jpg*

>buying and selling Knights
>With the way Thrones are fluffed, isn't this super haram?

They are selling their services like any other Freeblade and 'buying' Freeblades is just adopting them into their company/Knight House so I dont really see the heresy in that.

Let's change this a little so it makes more sense:

>earth is on a strategic location for the imperium
>they need to take over and fortify it against [something out there]

will they try to talk down our world leaders or they will just say fuck you and send 10 billion guardsmen down here and fuck some shit up?

her being white was the least of that movies issues

>he says while Europe and the USA are being devoured by a cult of Slaanesh so that they can be destroyed by a cult of Khorne

>'buying' Freeblades is just adopting them into their company/Knight House
Okay yeah that was the part I was confused about.

I like the idea of AoS but can't really identify with any of the factions. None of them really draw me in. I can't see myself spending money on any of them.

I'm having a similar problem with 40k where I've bounced around armies because none of them pop for me. Some are okay to play, but I didn't see them and go, "OMG that's my army."

As we're human, they'll demand we acquiesce to their demands. If we resist we're getting subjugated hard and there's not much we can do about it.

I've done this with at least a dozen games. It's actually more fun than the standard game.

Our leaders would have to be pretty damn stupid to look at a macrocannon, then look at the doezen macros on a single cruiser and think:
>Yea...we can take it!

probably depends on who is in charge of the occupation

I thought the movie was fine. The main problem was the extreme lack of character development. All of the characters were flat. Plus it's like they told SJ, "You're paying a cyborg in this movie." So she took that as, "I'll be as robotic as possible" to a point that it made her look stupid. Seriously look at how she walks in the film, it's idiotic.

The fact that they put SJ in it was a big warning sign that they weren't very confident in it.

So basically most things sell well then?
Barring nec and nids I guess.
Well nice to see nothing should get thrown to the side anytime soon?

how would it look like if it was an "absolute madman" guy?

Nukes wouldn't do shit to their ships. Nuclear weapons are significantly less effective in vacuum. You'd just scorch the paint, even if you managed to get past their ungodly amount of point defence.

I doubt anyone but rogue states would be stupid enough to wheel out nukes when there's a km-long warship hanging in low Earth orbit. Not much of a trade-off if you vapourise a couple of million guardsmen, irradiate your own soil, then have three of your major cities flattened by orbital bombardment you can't respond too.

Lasguns would be significantly better than modern rifles I imagine, at least in terms of accuracy and the amount of shots. Ammunition supply is a big thing in fire fights, it's partly the reason for the shift away from 7.62mm to 5.56mm, you can carry twice as much of the latter.

Given that Necromunda established that guard flak armour is actually pretty top-tier protection against your average stub gun (i.e. what our projectile weapons would be), it suggests the Imperium has considerably advanced material sciences, I imagine the regular guard armour on both their men and vehicles would be extremely difficult for our weapons to penetrate.

Same goes for their aircraft, which given we know they can produce SSTO fighter aircraft, are going to shit all over stuff like the F-22 despite looking like something out of WW2. Plus they could just crater all our runways from orbit. Modern fighters don't do so well on grass airstrips like WW2 fighers did.

We have nothing that could challenge Knights, other than limited air power, let alone void-shielded Titans or Astartes.

We'd have some advantages, our man-portable anti-armour technology is significantly better than the guard's, at least in precision, since all of their weapons are dumb.

But generally, they have ships, we don't, it'd be a curb stomp. We'd have to resort to asymetric warfare and the Imperium isn't touchy-feely 'don't hurt the civilians' like NATO is, so that wouldn't work so well.

iraq 2003 except the entire planet

Reminder that Genestealer cults did nothing wrong.

And how much they tried to focus the marketing on her, rather than the movie itself.

Everything was 'SCARLETT JOHANSSON IN ghost in the shell' rather than 'GHOST IN THE SHELL starring Scarlett Johansson'.

> We'd have some advantages, our man-portable anti-armour technology is significantly better than the guard's, at least in precision, since all of their weapons are dumb.

bro, do you even use orders when you play guard?

It was like the original but with none of the style, subtlety, grace or charm

Genestealer cults don't exist.

The concept is a lie made up by the imperial administration to cover up how common grass-roots uprisings against imperial tyranny are and to justify the mass-extermination of innocent people who just want to be free.

and absolutely no questions raised about individualism vs merging with another consciousness

0/10 Not enough Sapient Spider Tank shenanigans!

God I wish the Tau looked less like big impractical gundams and more like the better-designed Tachikomas.

It dropped the existentialist themes entirely

Yeah, afaik there's fuckall we can do against void shields. If the commanding officer has an anyeurism and elects for a surface-only invasion, the IG whips us in infantry and air power, but we have better armor and anti-armor (excepting inasfar as they have lascannons and we don't), and our flamers and shotguns are way better, so asymmetrical warfare would allow us to hold out at least for a little while.

t. jeanstealer

>our man-portable anti-armour technology is significantly better than the guard's,

Are you not aware of the anti-armor FUCK YOU that is the holy Meltagun?

Also, they have man-portable (if cumbersome) Autocannons and Lascannons, which would make a joke of our current strategic thinking when it comes to armored vehicles because of their range and precision (lascannons and autcannons) sheer number of shots (autcannons) and/or raw potency (lascannons and meltaguns).

All we've got nowadays, from a man-portable standpoint, is a missile launcher, which they have a comparable one.

>orders

Thanks for reminding me; we also have significantly more capable man-to-man communication systems.

According to their codex, the Guard officers really do give order by just shouting really loud at nearby units, hence the 12" range.

Why they don't use vox sets for something other than giving a motivational pep talk to a platoon that's in the process of being dismembered by Orks I don't know, but thats the canon as it stands.

Maybe 8th will introduce the Guard to the advanced military technology of 'flag signals', allowing them to advance their battlefield communications to roughly the equivilent of the 18th century.

I think he's speaking from the perspective that we have homing rockets that can seek tanks from miles away, while the guard are still using iron sights for their lascannons and wwII era guns. Even a meltagun is pitifully short-ranged in an actual battle.

Granted, I don't think that's a huge advantage, since man-portable guardsman weapons are designed to be pretty cheap, since those even cheaper guardsmen are using them, but it is one potential edge. Just not a useful one.

She walked around like that so she wouldn't show how fat her ass is and how unfit she got. She has lordosis like a motherfucker
The Japanese creators of GitS specifically chose SJ and noted that they intended Major to look more caucasian than asian to begin with.

It was a bad movie. If they do a sequel, needs fucking tachikoma and a better plot in general. It was really, really garbage and there was too much forced feelings at the end where I didn't care about any of the characters aside from MAYBE Bateu.

Vox Casters should have a infinite range on the tabletop, a radio has a range further than 10 feet.

>we also have significantly more capable man-to-man communication systems.

Nigga microbeads are issued to every Guardsman from a world that isn't Space Caledonia circa 300AD, which provide squad-level communication, and each team/squad leader/officer is provided with a commbead that connects to higher command and has an extremely wide range of communication ranges.

Vox-casters can also speak with people halfway across continents and even in low orbit if large enough (typically only at the command level), which our modern tech cannot do without similarly expensive equipment.

>According to their codex, the Guard officers really do give order by just shouting really loud at nearby units, hence the 12" range.

Sometimes they do, for a wide variety of reasons:

>Comms are fucked because (Tyranids/Necrons/WAAAAGGHH!!/Psychic bullshittery/Machine-spirit bullshittery)
>Comms are crammed with chatter from other units trying to coordinate across the battlefield, therefore yelling at a person nearby may be the better alternative for local orders
>The comms are hacked because (see above reasons) and yelling shockingly the most secure way to pass orders
>The dude is right there, it's just easier that trying to get the radio to work and possibly take him off a vital channel.

>Why they don't use vox sets for something other than giving a motivational pep talk to a platoon that's in the process of being dismembered by Orks I don't know, but thats the canon as it stands.

You haven't read the canon. If you have, please cite where this is the "most common" or "standard" way of doing it - just pulling out one example doesn't make it the standard either.

To reiterate further, comms often get fucked in Codex-battles because they're fighting things like Necrons and Tyranids and Chaos, which fuck over comms just by literally being present on the battlefield by their very nature.

I think he's referring to fire-and-forget technology.

In reality, the Leman Russ wouldn't even be a good tank. Even with super-special-amazing armor, it's design is so poor that I have a hard time beleiving it could compete with a M03 vehicle. Why? Look at the turret. See anything...strange? No? Let me help:

>The Main gun is situated directly in front of the commander's crotch!

For the love of god do NOT fire the main cannon!

Guard missile launchers are basically oversized bazookas from WW2. There's no suggestion they're guided or anywhere near as advanced as a 'hit the vulnerable top armour of a tank from a couple of km away after fire-and-forget' javelins.

Lascannon and autocannon are powerful, but they're both dumb weapon systems, they're unguided and have no advanced optical systems, they're basically WW2 era anti-tank crew weapons that are man-portable with a nastier payload.

There's a reason crew served anti-tank guns aren't used against modern armour anymore, the armour would slaughter them at extreme range because the armour is highly mobile with sophisticated fire control and the anti-tank guns are static with the Mk 1 human eyeball.

>implying that's not part of the officer.

This is 40k, they probably wire the commander into the weapon system. He fires it with pelvic thrusts.

What do you guys think?

Think you are mixing table top with fluff.

Also "What are Hunter killer missiles"?

Actually, that would be a pretty cool way to handle the psychic phase. Each player has d6+ML worth of dice and alternate manifesting/denying powers but are limited to their own pool.

Not really man-portable are they.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT FIRE THE MAIN CANNON!

EVER!

>Better armor and anti-armor
>Assuming anything we have comes close to an Autocannon or Leman Russ

mega.nz/#F!9zAjGSwI!GH98VYtG1nYcALyUnlf1Eg

It's a small but growing thing featuring Fabius Bile, latest releases and items from early history.

Yep. Definitely Kriegers. Shape you can't pose them like Cadians; Their poses must look monotonous in large groups.

>while the guard are still using iron sights for their lascannons and wwII era guns.

How they're equipped varies from world to world, but typically Lascannons have an electronic sight of some sort to assist at distances. This is even on the model itself (check the back of a HWT lascannon), though it's usually not painted as one.

And I'll concede the "lacking homing missiles" aspect, but to the Munitorum having missile weapons that shoot for miles and home in on targets makes little sense from an expense standpoint (with the exception of flakk) when you can instead just shit out more missiles for much cheaper and just fire more of them, especially when you have things like Lascannons which are pretty much as accurate as the person shooting them and theoretically have infinite ammo if hooked to a generator of some sort.

Also, Heavy Bolters are two-stage kinetic/gyrojet projectiles with between .50-.75cal (per Forge World of origin) mass-reactive, explosive warheads sheathed in an armor-piercing jacket that detonate inside of a target and explode them from the inside out. They fire these with effective accuracy at long ranges, have incredible suppressive capabilities (basically being full-auto 40mm RPG launchers) and threaten light vehicles through sheer number of shots.

The Imperium literally puts these on everything, and even the poorest Guard regiment has more than a few of these.

>What are Hunter killer missiles?

Not really guided in any way, since they're fired at the standard skill of the vehicle, and also not really relevant if we're talking about infantry mounted heavy weapons?

Regardless of tabletop stats, heavy weapon guard teams are pretty clearly using WWII era setups in terms of effectiveness. Even if we assume their mortars have the range of actual mortars instead of a baseball, it's still just a pretty typical mortar.

How do we fix 40k and save GW?

True that.

In general I wonder how mind fucking the entire situation would be.

Kilometre long space ships, vector dancing iron sight flyers.

Retarded looking tanks that can actually survive getting shot but at the same time can be fueled by throwing lumber into its engines.

Tunnelling transports.

The sheer random and odd military would be enough to throw off everyone's game.

Umm...yea? An Autocannon is a modern thing. Kinda like the heavy stubber it's just once of those weapons that's remained practical for a crazy-long time.

Nothing, theyre doing it all on their own

To be fair, Iron sights would work just fine for a weapon with no bullet drop. Magnification would be icing on the cake.

Yeah, though it could stand to have a scope at least so you can see really distant targets.

Aren't stubbers any gun that doesn't have space tech like auto guns.

At the very least our tanks have much lower profiles and I would assume, more advanced fire-control systems, considering the Guard doesn't really seem to use them at all. They use searchlights for night-fighting. Guard tanks would likely struggle to hit modern tanks at the kind of ranges most NATO-equivilent tanks can currently engage at.

Ours would be able to move more rapidly over rough terrain (seriously, the Leman Russ would tip over all the time and the Baneblade would destroy roads, wouldn't be able to cross bridges and would beach itself constantly on soft ground) so the only real question is if modern APFSDS rounds could penetrate Guard armour. If they can, we're in business....we'll still get curbstomped but we might be able to pop a few Leman Russes before the Imperial Navy flattens all our military positions from orbit.