The DM announces that his next game will be about extremely boring and dry space politics...

>The DM announces that his next game will be about extremely boring and dry space politics, where there are a bunch of space empires that all hate each other for valid reasons, most of the game will consist of diplomacy to prevent trade wars and stop border skirmishes from escalating, and the only combat will be when assassins try to stop the players from fucking someone's elaborate pro-war plans

>Doesn't sound like my style, so I'll pass. Have fun with that, though.

>Get to meet interesting Xenos
>Plenty of opportunity to RP
>Occasional attacks means extra excitement during negotiations
Sign me right up, Fampire.

The only thing I dislike is that the players can't choose when to apply "aggressive negotiations", since it sorta takes some agency away, but the rest of the blurb sounds breddy good.
I'd play it.

>Undermine the party subtly during negotiations
>Start a trade war that escalates on behalf of my hidden patrons
>Galaxy is rent asunder by unfathomably brutal superweapons
>Enabling us to swoop in on the weakened survivors
>Just As Planned

I'd insist that Twilight Emperium be used to keep track of our empires.

>extremely boring
Who the fuck sells their game like this?

>long time player steps up to GM
>me and the other GM get to bro it together as players? FUCK YES!
>he puts so much effort into the game, it's incredible detailed and in depth
>it's a sci-fi
I feel so bad...I just can't into sci-Fi. I'm still playing and being a good player but fuck my enthusiasm is almost rock bottom. I wish I could be excited about it but when it's sci-fi, political and ship based (as in ship battles where the crew, not the players, do most of the interactions) I just find it....lacking.

I'd never tell him because he's awesome and the time and detail going into this campaign is legendary. I'm the problem. Just wish I could enjoy sci-fi

Care to share more about the deets?
Maybe there is a way we can help you reshape your horizons.

I didnt like the verdant uprising either, OP

Squidward

Go to bed sheev

Well at first we were part of a space-faring guide sent to deal with some political happenings with talk about succession in a sector. We were contracted by the currently in power government as 3rd diplomats. I was the captain for this stint, excited to play something ala Cowboy Bebop or even ST.

Basically it was fly to location, talk, fly to next location, talk... When a space battle looked to happened, it was all handled by the ship personnel (which is what should happen).

Idk, it's not my sorta game. If I'm playing Sci-Fi I want to be involved with skills; I've got 2 ranks in piloting but because we have crew looking after the navigation and flying, I'm never gonna see that skilled used.

We're off to explore a potential alien planet/artefact so we'll see what happens this week. Might take a turn in a more Promethius way which would be cool

I'd say stock with it. Sounds interesting but i can see how your expectations don't match up with what you got. Would it ruffle your gms feathers if you went a little Han-Solo and went looking for smuggling jobs or small side jobs to add excitement? I mean it would make you a terrible diplomat, but its not like those dont exist even in todays world....

Or you could ask your gm on the side if there could be a little more action? You could privately be honest that youre liking it but the politics and lack of combat makes staying engaged in the game challenging

starjammer was a mistake.

Oh I plan on sticking, like I said I love the guy and this game is amazingly detailed, just not my cup of detailed.

At the moment we're now employed by the imperial navy, after handling our first job so well. We're now on a "fact finding mission" which is really a "this shit is being weird, go investigate and fix, if you can't, blow it up" so I have a feeling at least some combat will come of it. I hope in the form of ground exploration.

I think I'll let it sit for a few more sessions, and then add my suggestions. Like I said, this could be the point where things change and get a little more combat/horror/etc focused as we'll be out in God-only-knows space

Someone trying to thin out the group so the next session will just be 3 guys getting drunk and playing smash bros.

Good luck trying to "thin out" a roleplay group.

Now, I wouldn't want to play in a game DMed by Squidward, because I'm sure he'd be a tyrannical rules dictator, but I would absolutely want to watch a game DMed by Squidward.

So long as you end up facing consequences such as assassination/execution for causing a major conflict or at the very least getting fired then sure

Find the least garbage empire, defect and act as a spy and saboteur for them.
Try as hard as I can to provoke all out war.

Yeah, that's a-ok. Consequences are never a problem.

Just tell him you've been in Squilliam Fancyson's games for the last few years, and he'll move heaven and earth to impress you and beat that pompous asshole.

>that DM who shoves /pol/ shit in your gaming session