I just realized I created a medieval knight character, backstory and all...

I just realized I created a medieval knight character, backstory and all, for an extremely futuristic and technology based setting.

Is there anyway I can salvage this?

Lightsaber.

Roll with it.

Don Quixote IN SPAAAAACE!

By have him become a hardcore Crusader Kings LARPer (due to his familiarity) and end the campaign in retaking both Constantinople and the Holy Land.

Reminds me of The High Crusade. It's a HFY book written in 1960 by Poul Anderson about crusaders who hijack a spaceship and proceed to conquer a space empire, but never get back to Jerusalem because they lost the way back to Earth.

Up until the very end in the epilogue, when a ship which was actually launched by Israeli Space Navy finds them. Awkward...

I once thought about doing a "Don Quixote thrown into the wrong time period" type character. But then I realized that that is just regular Don Quixote.

Keep the character concept, but rewrite his backstory to fit into the setting better.

You can be a chivalrous honorable big guy in any setting.

Play 40kRPG duh.

play a space marine

FOR THE EMPRAH!

It's simple, OP, you just GOTTA GET BACK

Just put the words 'cyber' 'exo' 'neo' or 'space' in front of every noun and you should be fine

Consider the following

>Cyber-knight
>Has all psionic powers
Rifts

Bullshit. How does this happen by accident?
Did your group discuss the setting at all before building characters, or did your GM just say "we're playing [universal system] at power level [number], make whatever you want"?

>upper class
>expensive combat gear and vehicles
>trained his entire life
>serves someone with higher social status

Everything else is optional

Basically, the GM never specified the setting was futuristic. I was also confused when it had the same dwarf and elf races.

The only thing he said that would have really imply sci-fi was about how humans have discovered space travel.
But still no specifications on how, so I chalked it up as magic.

I just found out it was sci-fi when the other guys that probably knew more about it, posted characters that were clearly using advanced technology.

kek

THIS MOTHERFUCKER'S A MANLY MOTHERFUCKER!

Just fucking say that he's a knight out of his own time period and he GOTTA GET BACK

battletech?

Clearly, you should just play it straight.

seconded
just play the knight

You could still be the dutiful servant of whatever lord the setting will allow. Politician, corporate lord, old money family, fringe religious sect. Your outdated code of honor could be a beacon of light and decency that the setting is missing. It would help if you were legally some kind of authority meant to intervene like a sheriff or Judge Dread.

I did something similar with a cyber paladin. It was post-apocalypse setting, and my PC was mas built to be a counter to the kind of threats that setting should produce. Had things like infrared eye, could interface with tech, enhanced legs and one large cyborg arm to hack through robots. But left enough flesh intact to still channel mystic abilities like sensing spirits, or adding holy damage to attacks. Played it straight in a way that the PC used an odd vocabulary that would refer to technology in spiritual terms. Even had weird bias for seeing mutations as profane. Regarded all gear as belonging to the order and body belonging to god. More than a little WH40k.

Your GM is shit if he can't even provide basic information about the setting to build characters off of.