Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Kitsune edition. What have you done lately with pathfinder's most underused PC race?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/WMhRUURm

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/zUGVAmbf
pastebin.com/CFHdFch4
pastebin.com/5mL0eJUd
pastebin.com/g6KKYqPv
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4844265/character-applications
youtu.be/4xe72U7mXNg
youtube.com/watch?v=JNM5mFQ9siI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Be sure to read these handy guides on how to impress other players with your roleplaying skills!
pastebin.com/zUGVAmbf
pastebin.com/CFHdFch4
pastebin.com/5mL0eJUd
pastebin.com/g6KKYqPv

They're must-reads for any aspiring roleplayer in /pfg/!

Youkai kitsune are the true kitsune, all else need not apply.

You're in the Pathfinder thread, Pathfinder kitsune are the true kitsune in Pathfinder.

Any other claim is deviation from official Pathfinder rules and the equivalent of homebrew. If you include youkai kitsune in your game, you've got no right to restrict other players from including their own unofficial material.

That's okay, I'll keep using Forrest's work, which includes youkai kitsune.

Okay. Enjoy your non-canon, unofficial, homebrewed and technically incorrect interpretation of Pathfinder!

Let's do something different and rate all the BitF apps. Some of them are extremely edgy, so prepare yourselves.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4844265/character-applications

They could just be using the Bloodborne Yokai variant. I dunno anybody telling other people that the interpretation of Kitsune they use in their games is wrong seems dumb to me.

I'm currently working on my application. Will post it as soon as I can.

Kitsune should have a totally human fotm and a totally fox form. Classically the human form is also always female. Anything else is furry "muh misunderstood yiffsona isn't really a societally harmful trickster!"

youtu.be/4xe72U7mXNg

>that second one

Where's the Onryou X Zombie log?

Honestly I just want a Coyote-style Kitsune variant that is actually a right-and-proper douchebag trickster, unlike the whole 'associated with life and death' Coyotl in Bloodforge

>Want to be enchantment Kitsune in 1pp game to show another player how fucks enchantment magic can be
>Have to choose between jury rigging an ART so I can pretend to be a yokai, or getting the +1 spell DC

Fuck

>mfw

Play a skinwalker, dude.

>Classically the human form is also always female
Look up "King of the Nine Mountains" as a story about a grody old male kitsune who tricks an asshole into getting executed and know that you are absolutely wrong. You could also look up half a dozen other stories about male kitsune, too.

>unlike the whole 'associated with life and death' Coyotl in Bloodforge

But you can be a chuunibyou kitsune that way!

>Like kitsune, they are master shapeshifters, but their carrion-heavy diet and heavy spiritualism has led many to believe—including the majority of coyōtl themselves—that they possess power over life and death.

>Fool! C-cease petting mine tail at once! Dids't thou forget that within mine tail is trapped the dark god of abso- oh. Ooooooh, that, that feels quite nice. M-mayhap the dark god won't notice. Yes, I sense his attention is occupied elsewhere. Thus, I shall allow you the honor to continue stroking my tail, just like that.

Then why don't I ever see any in anime?
Checkmate.

I AM but Witchwolf doesn't capture it near as well. IMO Coyotls would be +INT/+WIS/-STR

...That's kind of a strong argument ya got there, for chuuni kitsune.

>Kokkuri
>That one anime where the girl becomes a goddess because the prior deity said "fuck this im out"

Try actually looking, fag

What's the context for these? I've been gone a while.

/pfg/ being /pfg/

What are even interesting yet underused PC races in general anyway?

I get the idea that if people even speak of them, they arent underused

>Melee-focused Druid masquerades as pathetic caster
>Gets surrounded by rogues
>Shapeshifts into a bear and slaughters all of them
For some reason this concept REALLY activates my almonds

I can tell.
Some of these names sound familiar. Makes me wish I kept up with the roll20 circlejerk a bit better.

Grippli.

So, you wish you kept up with /pfg/?

Logs 1, 2 and 4 refer to an incident where Rory's player (game: Dragons2) leaked logs from a one-on-one ERP session without Aurora's player's consent. This was after he was already on thin ice for attempting to "overmeme" his character (read: post about him incessantly to force the meme and then later claim he was trying to wear the meme out).

Log 3 is a parody on /pfg/'s hopes and dreams for SotJR. Valeriya and Casimir are two characters who were shipped together because Casimir is an older "daddy" character and Valeriya supposedly has daddy issues.

Ran a grippli Shaman last night actually. Went pretty great.

Hey, thanks for the context. I now remember why I left. Does anyone know what the fallout has been like over the leaked ones?

That's actually pretty neat, the only stories I've ever found with them are always Fox Wife stuff. Will take a look.

Mostly those of us in the actual game wish that people would stop reposting the logs so we can be over with the drama and go on with our fucking lives. Mostly because its insanely unfair to Aurora's player.

>skintight fabric showing the full contours of a woman's navel

I don't hear a lot about vanara, even though they seem like they might be fun. Anyone ever do anything with one?

Why put yourself through the suffering?

Are you bothered?

>Classically the human form is also always female.
I forgot the title of the story, but I remember reading a translated story of a male kitsune.

The short version is: a kitsune in human form invites a guy drinking. The kitsune is charismatic and well connected, so they get invited up to the private atrium of the bar. Things get out of hand, and the guy falls over the handrails of the atrium. Everyone in the bar seems shocked and asks where he came from. When he tells them he fell from the atrium they are perplexed, because there is no atrium. Upon inquiry, the man finds out he is halfway across the country from his home.

The moral of the story was "don't drink in excess"

And it can get worse, so much worse.

>Are you bothered?
yes but in a good way

Please don't post slugbox my dick can't handle it.

WHOMST IS THIS SEMEN DEMON?

>visible contour of tummy
>not a trace of nipples or areola

Hey yall, I'm trying to make a character based on Lord Zedd for a campaign, which should I do, Summoner or Conjuration Occultist? And should I use any archetypes?

>fabric over claws
Her wardrobe manager is a wizard or an idiot!

Who knows?

Must be padding in the right spots.

It's likely both.

I bet Valeriya is going to end up with someone else and Casimir stays single!

DELET THIS!

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THIS?

Why would ANYONE want to kiss a man with such a fat jew nose like Casimir's?

Last time the subject came up, someone suggested crimping, but yeah, seems questionable.

>four ears!
>FOUR EARS!

Vacuum packed clothing so it's more than skintight. Feeling the latex cling to your every movement, mm.

Well that's also just for having them fit at all without tearing, but tearing when she bends her finger would still be an issue, and she looks like she wants to use them on someone or something, which would also be a total no-no for intact gloves.

Let's just say it's magic or paint.

Please don't lewd in the thread user

Valeriya ending up with somebody else I could see coming, but there's no way Casimir wouldn't hook up with a cute merchant woman wherever they end up.

>make unarmed build
>as per advice, manage to get wis to damage on top of using ascetic style to get better crit ranges
>realize in hindsight just how much investment I put in just to deal as much damage and attack as a two hander chump with a greatsword

Thats kind of a sad thought

>Does anyone know what the fallout has been like over the leaked ones?
People were incredibly upset with Rory (understandably), but he's still in the game. It seems like he was warned that his next slip up would earn him the boot because it seems like he's tried to tone down his shitposting, but unfortunately he left a lot of meme momentum in the thread that hasn't really died down at all.

should have just used dragon style

>implying it's not Djezet Skin.

Didnt want to induce more MAD as it is

Yyyep.

>Not being a Brutal Slayer using Broken Blade and Dragon Style

Git gud

That's magic. You could probably call it magic paint and not be completely wrong.

>playing a Mindchemist Alchemist/Disciple of the Pike Cavalier VMC Bard
>half-elf with Breadth of Experience
>level 6
>all knowledge skills are +30 when identifying monsters
Feels good to know everything.

Is there any news about potential cool stuff headed our way in Bestiary 6?

Didn't Bestiary 6 come out a while ago? Or am I mixing up the numbers?

I was thinking about putting together a TWF vanara fighter after blood of the beast came out, but then I realized I'd have to play a vanara and scrapped the idea.

6 is coming out at the end of this month. 5 was a while ago and contained the almighty Vilderavn.

Right, now I remember. That was when they added the amarok.

If you want to rate things, why not just start?

I feel like it wouldn't be right to do so since my app is in there too. It might be a conflict of interest.

Yesterday there was a lot of discussion about Strength being improved. I have talked about this once or twice before I think, and completely agree with most folks that there needs to be a boost in some manner. Some of my thoughts on it are the following:

Combat Statistics:
>Strength -> Initiative
This would be called Muscle Memory and be a single feat. We have a precedent from Noble Scion that replacing a stat for initiative is one feat. It would require 13 Str and in exchange for no bonus on knowledge skills it could be taken any level.
>Strength -> Fort Saves
This one is harder to pin down as feats such as Steadfast Personality, which only gives Cha to Will against mind-affecting effects. However, mind-affecting effects make up a majority of all will saves. I would say similar coverage should be under one feat. You need to decide some gap. Fatigue, Exhaustion, Sicken, Nauseated, Disease, Poison, Dazed, Stunned, Deafened, Paralyzed, and Petrified all are sometimes Fort saves. If I were to choose the gap I would leave out Petrification and one other, probably Paralyzed. Call it Strength of Body.
>Strength -> Natural Armor
This one I would be much more willing to make a two feat chain. The first would be a feat similar to Dodge, one that gives a +2 Natural Armor bonus. This would be +2 as opposed to Dodge's +1 as Natural Armor doesn't apply to Touch AC. The next would give 1/2 Strength bonus to Natural Armor. They would be called "Shielding Bulk" and "Toughened Muscle".
>Strength -> Spell Casting
This one is honestly something I simply want because I think it's cool. It would be a subdomain of Strength and replace your casting stat with strength.

(1/2)

That didn't stop Lysnader. Hell, that worthless faggot cock sucking loser talentless cuck got guaranteed a slot because he reviewed apps. No reason the same can't happen to you!

Skills:
For skills I would mostly make them as traits. The problem with this however is that traits are a hot commodity due to limited selection within categories. That makes someone who wants to take Extra Traits to get more Str based skills essentially constricted of choosing only a few from the columns. Honestly in a perfect world Extra Traits would not have the same restriction normal trait selection does. That would be my fix.

Strength -> Intimidate (already a thing, but moved down to a trait)
Strength -> Crafting (Only metal called Hammerer)
Strength -> Heal (Called Bone Setter)
Strength -> UMD (Called Forceful Activation)
Strength -> Handle Animal (Called Stern Discipline)
Strength -> Escape Artist (It breaks what ever you escape from, called Shackle Breaker)
Strength -> Disable Device (Breaks what ever you're disabling, called Trap Smasher)
Strength -> Ride (Called Forceful Rider)
Strength -> Acrobatic (Called Strong Leaper)
Strength -> Perform (but only Act/Dance/Percussion called Mighty Performance)
Strength -> Fly (called Powerful Wings)
Strength -> Diplomacy (Only for humanoids of savage cultures and non-humanoids, called Impressive Physique)

Besides these I don't really see a lot of others making easy sense as we don't want to end up with a Wisdom of the Flesh scenario, which I consider just a poorly made trait.

As for other combat statistics an argument could be made for Str to HP, but I personally don't think its needed.

Nepotism is for careers, not for pathfinder games.

>basing anything off of Steadfast personality
Steadfast Personality SHOULD be "all will saves", though, because the limitation it has is retarded.

>Str->Natural Armor
This opens up a massive can of worms. The suggestion to just crib a portion of Brutal Slayer's gimmick as one feat wasn't a bad one, IMO, but that's just me.

>Adalina: TL;DR Seriously i don't care about backstories this long
>Gwenffrwd: Shit Name/10
>Romulus: FOUNDER OF ROME/10, Mustache/10
>Varico: This shit can't be real/10
>Sapphira: youtube.com/watch?v=JNM5mFQ9siI
>Grif: Actually kind of ok, 7/10
>Sable: Would Headpat
>Dyne: Snore as fuck
>Dagna: Would let be the party's healslut/cum receptacle. Is qt.
>Locke: Laughingstops.jpg
>Jak: edgy bomb rat
>Frank: Necromancer. Pass.
>Jacques: Is this guy in the right campaign?
>Sascha: Not Done/10
>Renee: Vanilla
>Netty: I respect someone unironically playing a halfling rogue.

What kind of redundant outsider species will they introduce this time?

Fucking disappointed in you anime OP poster. Could have used fresh, new kitsune art, but you fucked it all up.

>Steadfast Personality SHOULD be "all will saves", though, because the limitation it has is retarded.
Personally I disagree as steadfast personality is it doesn't make much sense for resisting Planar Bindings.

However I think it should apply against non mind-affecting illusions.

Steadfast personality is too limited which I suggested smaller gaps for Str to Fort, as petrification is very uncommon.

>This opens up a massive can of worms. The suggestion to just crib a portion of Brutal Slayer's gimmick as one feat wasn't a bad one, IMO, but that's just me.
That's why I push it from one feat to a two feat chain. So it now requires a fair amount of investment. Over their careers most characters only receive 10 non-combat feats. A fifth of them going to 1/2 natural armor would be significant investment.

You did good, champ.
Love,
Romulus-user

What can I say, its a nice Stache

It is.

Str-to-Fortitude is EXTREMELY iffy because it's taking shit from CON. A stat which has exactly two things to its name: HP and Fort saves. THAT bothers me most.

>two feats for Str-to-Natural Armor
Considering a lot of the complaints about Str started because of the Feat tax crowd screaming about PoW, it just kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth to have something that might stack onto Brutal Slayer. I'd also just prefer to just spread BS's gimmick around, rather than trying to force something new, because I'm REALLY FUCKING SICK OF BRUTAL SLAYER BEING THE ONLY ONE WITH THAT ABILITY HOLY SHIT.

Still like the direction you're going, shit's way less of a headache than what people kept throwing out there before. Also, if you want to open up the trait thing, consider just... Making the traits specifically call out "hey you can take this trait even if you have another in its category".

Would any of you kind gents be willing to upload the In The Company of Treants pdf file?
I looked through the troves and found nothing. It's from Rite Publishing.

This OP seems more likely to be a jab at animeposter than an actual animepost.

What games are currently recruiting and have reliable GMs? I'm not interested in hearing about bad GMs.

@$$/file/in155x

How's this?

>I'd also just prefer to just spread BS's gimmick around
I'd love to see it as an alchemist's discovery.

Honestly I believe heavy "feat tax fixers" should not be a thing. I believe even the Elephant in the Room goes a bit too far when deadly agility is factored in.

Personally when I run games I instead change it so that you only get the automatic feats once you qualify. Meaning Power Attack still requires 13 Str to activate.

>Also, if you want to open up the trait thing, consider just... Making the traits specifically call out "hey you can take this trait even if you have another in its category".
This is probably by far the best bet, just adding a Special clause to these traits.

If I were to really go the whole nine yards I would include these abilities as class features for certain classes. As an example a Barbarian does not need Str -> Fort but could use Str -> Nat Armor.

I would personally get rid of Uncanny/Improved Uncanny/Danger Sense and replace it with a talent like ability where they choose from a list of defensive abilities, similar to how Legendary Rogue does it. One of them being Str -> Nat Armor. Str -> Initiative would be added as a rage power.

A UC Fighter instead would probably have Str -> Fort Saves as an AAT and Str -> Initiative as an AWT.

UC Cavalier would have it as an Oath as well as Str to give benefits to his animal. Str -> Fort and Str-> Nat armor would be their given ones to choose from.

UC Gunslinger, another full BaB class wouldn't have a Str based ability because they don't use strength.

Rangers would get something added early on at no cost, but be weaker than the Cavalier/Fighter/Barb ones.

Paladin and Bloodrager are a harder bet for where this stuff fits as they're for the most part better. Overall they need a slightly weaker version, particularly paladin who doesn't need more saving throw class feature support.

Shardwalkers is recruiting and has Argentum, who is a known factor
WWW is recruiting and has Broodie, who hasn't GM'd for /pfg/ before, but isn't going to flake because they're in a memegame and they'd never hear the end of it
Blingmaker is less of a known quantity, as is BitF

If I'm doing a rewrite of them to make combat maneuvers a usable option in a fight *without* specific investment in them, does something need to be done about their AoO situation? It's a harsh thing to put a prospective user through just to do a basic action, especially for the ones whose goal to begin with is to prevent the enemy from being able to attack effectively.

Shardwalkers is the only game currently recruiting that I'd implicitly trust.

Shardwalkers probably has the best GM reputation attached, yeah.

This is all part of my "overall talent class features are a good thing" game design. Talents let you build how you want and focus on what you want, as well as providing meaningful choice as you level up. As well they're not as castrated as feats in the fact feats have to be made so that they don't step on anyone's toes. Talents only have to be focused on how one class interacts with them.

The only issue to adding them as a talent class feature is classes that don't have one. Inquisitor is an example of a class with no "talents".

An alchemist discovery would make sense.

Thanks. I might apply to Shardwalkers. I'm tired of bamboozles and no-shows.

>DHB has literally 0 concept what good game design is
Surprise surprise

Not saying the feat tax fixers are right, just that they're the thing that trigger autists. Some feat prerequisites SHOULD be waived, but there are still some that do in fact need to still be there. Such as with Power Attack.

I still don't agree with taking ANYTHING away from Constitution, and would MUCH RATHER just slap Brutal Slayer and steal its lunch money in regards to feat design. That said, the natural armor thing, if you TOTALLY IGNORE Path of War, is pretty nice. If you made it something that monks can get with their bonus feats that would be pretty swell, too. Lord knows the Monk bonus feat list needs some serious love.

Feat tax fixers are fine as long as they're not giving out all the feats at once for nothing. Even "you get it as soon as you qualify" is too lenient. They should just come with the feats that try to require them instead, as pack-in perks.

And neither Power Attack nor Weapon Finesse is included on any sane "feat tax" list - they have useful desirable benefits that users will take for their own sake, unlike Dodge, IUS or Combat Expertise. You'd take them for their regular benefits, not just because they're prerequisites. Ergo they're not tax feats.