These children managed to defeat Lolth. Stat them

These children managed to defeat Lolth. Stat them.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_&_Dragons_(TV_series)#Controversy
web.archive.org/web/20110720142931/http://www.michaelreaves.com/index.htm
newsfromme.com/iaq/iaq14/
newsfromme.com/pov/col145-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

quota/10

Oh please. Lloth was under contractual GM obligation to job that as hard as she could. The payout was worth it.

True.

Of races? All i see is 5 white guys, and to girls, one of which is black.

The real question is, what singular prestige class would you assign to each of them in preparation for a finale that never came?

Doesn't matter, and they keep beating the guy who fights Tiamat pretty much daily and only needs their enchanted crap to defeat her.

>white race guys
>white race girl
>black race girl
>midget race guy
>dork race guy

eric is a goddamn spic i tells ya

appreciate the wrestling carny talk

>CHA 17-18
>Weakness to Hypnosis and Body-Switching.

what did he mean by this

Probably meant that the DM and the white dude switched bodies with the girls to gain their high charisma score and use it in their minmax build.

The wizard is probably not a real wizard because eh doesn't run out of spells.

I remember the days when you could have a black character because you wanted one, not because editorial mandate forced you to tick off another box.

If this was made by, say, modern day Marvel, then we'd have a white male homosexual lead, a gay latino, a sassy black chick, a man hating feminist asian chick and a 9 year old "transgirl".

With enough DM fiat, anything is possible. They're still a bunch of level 0-2s for the majority of their adventure, but I think one of the later books actually gives them endgame stats.

There was a source book, they already have been.

They were stated, by Wizards, for a special anniversary of of the series being out on DVD or something...

They were stupidly overpowered, especially Presto and his hat.

Will 5e mega have it by chance?

red head bangin'

would roll for seduce nowimsayin

>Presto
>Human Male Wizard
>7th
>AL: NG
>S: 11
>D: 9
>C: 16
>I: 20
>W: 15
>Ch: 13
>HP: 40
>Feats: Combat Casting, Empower Spell, Lightning Reflexes, Magical Aptitude, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (Evocation)

>Equip: dagger, Hat of Many Spells (acts as a rod of wonder, Presto can reach into the hat and produce any spell component up to 1000 gp for any spell he casts (component lasts 1 round), use the hat to Empower a spell he is casting or cast a spell directly from his spellbook but these effects can be unpredictable - roll percentile dice: on 1 - 35 the spell is wasted but a rod of wonder effect occurs, 36 - 65 the spell takes effect but a rod of wonder effect occurs as well, 66 - 100 the spell takes effect as desired.), Amulet of Natural Armor +1, cloak of resistance +2, headband of intellect +2, ring of protection +1, spellbook, potion of aid, potion of cure serious wounds, potion of displacement, wand of magic missile (7th), some normal gear

Yes, yes he was.

Ranger
Barbarian
Magician
Thief
Cavalier
And Acrobat

DUNGEON MASTER!

>Intelligence 20

Are you kidding me?!

Go ahead, roll away.

eight muses.com/comix/album/jab-comics/dayounguns--dragon/issue-1

Rolled 4 (1d20)

fug
still better than my real life seduce rolls

Well, at least it's not a natural 1, right?

>swing and a miss

G...gotta at least try, right?
J...just be yourself user.

>They were stupidly overpowered

I'm not surprised. They managed to survive in dungeons and dragons with a wizard that couldn't prepare spells using mostly non-lethal tactics.

>Veeky Forums
>I don't even need the other boards anymore!

Didn't they already get officially stat'd back in 3.5? I remember there actually being a handbook published for the animated series.

>Didn't they already get officially stat'd back in 3.5?
Son, they've been statted since AD&D. Fuck it, they've released new classes just to cover for them.

Their stats aren't even optimalised

I thought all of their classes WERE in AD&D (or at least in the 1E era Dragon suppliments)?

Nope, Acrobat and Cavalier were added specifically for them.

Huh. When the cartoon come out?

The September 1982 issue of Dragon talked about Cavaliers as a sub-class of Fighter to use in campaigns with social classes and Acrobat as a specialization of Thief, which then got fleshed out in April and January of the next year, respectively.

Not him, but the production started roughtly the same time and the animation was a tie-in (duh)

Makes sense. I thought he was saying that those classes were unique ONLY to the show and were never officially in the game until well after it aired.

BLEACHED

pack (3-8)

And Veeky Forums corrupts another part of my childhood.

So?
What do you have against black women dating white guys?

You know grogs back then were mad that she was even in there because "blacks have no place in D&D" right? They would have considered her as much of an "editorial mandate" as what you're describing.

People being mad about casts not being all white is older than the whole "SJW ruined muh" crusade.

The trope of "no black in medieval fantasy" is averted because they're modern kids send to Mystara.

Keeping on the subject, anyone ever tried to pinpoint the cartoon places in Mystara or Blackmoor?

The biggest irony is that if the show would be remade today, she would be black solely because the original version was black, while the original version was black solely to tick the box of having at least one non-white character in main cast. But then nobody was throwing a tantrum about such practices (at least in general), as they were treated as part of the marketing and nothing else.

And grogs back then were chill about her, since grogs in early 80s were in their mid-30s and had better stuff to do than watching crappy morning cartoon. It was edgy nerdy kids being triggered by having two females and a kid, which "ruins the party forever".
So I guess not much changed in the hobby in general.

What about this then

I wish I've saved a higher res of it, when it was still accessable.

The sad thing is that this is what Marvel today actually fucking does. The Sellout and Virtue Signalling with them is so fucking intense, that it's actually killing their business. They literally had to fucking fire their head of marketing because she was destroying the company by alienating their true consumer base.

how does this nigger have human hair? magic?

>human hair?
Because she is Homo sapiens, and because not all types of black people have the same phenotypic alleles for nappy afro hair, some do indeed have straight or wavy black hair depending on the specific ethnicity.

You just rarely see it in the US because the Black American population is horrendously crossbreed and mixed due to the slavery and the following cross-tribal miscegenation, that they are barely genetically similar to their forebears and ancestors that sold them in.

Also

how does this nigger have human hair? magic? do they have weaves there?

>reposting like a total fag
Again, the answer is hereNow, are you gonna fuck off you faggot, or are you going to make another repost?

oops double post. fucked up internet

oh yeah i forgot about all the nigs in africa with their wild manes and shit. niggers do have different hair than white people. the place you will see normal hair the MOST is in the us where so many have mixed with whites

It's a fun series, but to be fair you could take Lolth out with a shoe. Okay, it might need to be a bigger shoe than for most spiders but still...

Daily reminder this series was cancelled due to insufficient viewer shares.
Daily reminder literally nobody wanted to watch the broadcast of the final three episodes.
Daily reminder it aged like milk.

>The level of violence was controversial for American children's television at the time, and the script of one episode, "The Dragon's Graveyard", was almost shelved because the characters contemplated killing their nemesis, Venger.[5] In 1985, the National Coalition on Television Violence demanded that the FTC run a warning during each broadcast stating that Dungeons & Dragons had been linked to real-life violent deaths.[6] The series spawned more than 100 different licenses,[7] and the show led its time slot for two years.[1][7]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_&_Dragons_(TV_series)#Controversy

Despite the controversies, and the interference of parent's groups, the series did just fine in its time slot.

>citation nee-
Hot damn.

>Le it was all the 80s D&D witchhunt
No user. The series simply failed to gain audience. No conspiracy involved.

ACROBAT

The acrobacies she would do in my pole surely would make it grow like magic!

You could at least read what was posted before flipping your shit and still not providing proof to your own assertions.

You must have enjoyed that episode where she had a canonical nipslip.

web.archive.org/web/20110720142931/http://www.michaelreaves.com/index.htm

Go fucking read yourself, it was a page by one of the show creators.
They had to deal with small budget, they had to deal with watchdogs, they had to deal with D&D witch-hunt.. but the real killer was not enough viewers to justify even making the final fucking episode.

Reminder, that for all his complaining, Eric was always, ALWAYS right and the party always did the opposite of what he said they should do

>no conspiracy involved
>b-but okay, they did have to deal with watchdogs and the D&D witch hunt

Wow, you are some kind of champ, chump.

>Seriously being this retarded
The show was killed by lack of viewers. They've easily managed to survive watchdogs, but didn't survive lack of people watching the show.

Your reading comprehension is so fucking lacking I wonder why are you using a fucking text board in the first place.

user, this isn't hard to follow. See: The show did fine for two years, yet had three seasons. It wasn't failure to find an audience, it was a decline in the audience. There is a significant difference. Also you should educate yourself on the true history behind "Requiem". It was not an unproduced episode, it was one writer, Michael Reaves, attempt to finish the series how he'd have intended but the episode never went through any workshopping or editorial approval.

newsfromme.com/iaq/iaq14/

Lolth only had 66hp.

It would help if you knew what you were fucking talking about and your points weren't either flat out wrong or misleading and then topped off with your own shitty opinion. You have nobody to blame but yourself for sabotaging your own "point".

This is a fun read on the background of Eric's creation. At the end of the day he's the only one in the group who had the sense to just call the cops on Venger that one time they finally made it home for real. Shame about not having change for the phonebooth.

newsfromme.com/pov/col145-2/

How much damage does a rolled up newspaper do?

That looks suspiciously like lewds.
The kind of lewds I would greatly appreciate.

Mmmmm....rolled up newspaper!

C'mere and let me show you what we, I mean THEY do in the Abyss with a rolled-up newspaper!

By the way, I am totally NOT a demon goddess, and only want to help you.

You can leave the unicorn.

I grew up in the 80's and I guarantee you, nobody cared. Racism or "racism" or "noticing other people's racism" has done nothing but gone UP in the past decades.

We also watched Fat Albert.

We all know how this ends. Eric thinks she's legit, the others thing he's insane, he ignores then and moves forward - only to step on the sitting Uni's tail causing the Unicorn to bray and leap forward. Lolth shrieks and turns around...and catches a unicorn horn where only a demonic proctologist will be able to remove it.

If it helps these kids were using ridiculously powerful weaponry that frankly were way above their levels.

Would you ride a coaster named "Dungeons & Dragons"

I know some of you animals fapped to this.
I know I did.

... I would like a source, please. Or at least a name of an artist.

Would I ride it? BITCH, I'd be throwing dice while riding that motherfucker and when physics shit causes me to swallow my dice and choke to death you better fucking believe during the autopsy the coroner finds the 1 face up!

Was this show actually set in Mystara?

It was The Realm of Dungeons and Dragons. They only say it every episode.

I met an animator/creator of this show. He does kayak tours in Maui.

8muses has it

Probably more interesting to stat the version of Lolth they were able to defeat

No need to be a bit more specific or anything there's only hundreds of comics in there.

jab comics dayounguns dragon

aw yea thanks user

And for extra cheekiness, the ranger is winking..

He wore wizard clothes, cast wizard spells, but was hardly a wizard.

He could only cast spells via his hat. Without that, he was just a kid prone to losing his glasses and being generally useless.

Cavalier and Acrobat were classes in the first revisions of AD&D. Also, Bard was a class that required a character to first level as a generic class, then switch. This was all changed in the later revisions of AD&D. Bard became a class from level 1, and cavalier and acrobat were removed from the players handbook; to be included in separate specific class handbooks (paladin and thief, respectively).

90% of the time he was useless even with the hat, but then it was easily the most overpowered of the weapons if used properly.

The acrobat was one of the most competent members of the group. She was even useful without her assigned magic item.

It helps that she was a trained gymnast, and helped make up for the fact that her weapon has the least potential. It could grow and repair itself but that was it, however how she used it more than made up for that.

Eric's shield, while strictly speaking not a weapon, was pretty damn kickass in that it could stop seemingly any direct attack and had some usefulness when deflecting attacks, but being used by Eric meant it was rarely put to much good use.

He was a liability. Hank should have taken the hat from the stupid knob and have one less idiot to look after.