pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>custom warscroll maker
runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=2510756053 3129408095&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=catnewexclusive
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you ever bit off more than you can chew?

If you guys noticed, I put a new link in the OP. To the custom warscroll maker. So let's see dem custom warscrolls!

I don't like to make new ones, as much as I like to take existing ones and reflavoring them to my conversions. The rules remain, just the descriptions and titles change to fit my stuff.

This one is a drakesworn templar altered to fit my big duardin steam mech I have planned to do. I'll pretty much be kitbashing the arkanaut frigate with an imperial knight.

Are there any good roll up game mats for AoS? I have wanted to get one as its conveinent for playing games in my flat.

One step at a time, user.

6th for Seraphon.

Carnosaurs are Dragon's natural predators.

Gamemat.eu is the best prices I've seen, not sure how shipping is though.

frontline gaming is doing some of their own mats now, I havent done a price comparison recently to see how affordable it is. But they do sales often enough.

Really any fantasy terrain 4'x6' mat will do. It's a very common size.

I feel bad for bonespitters because I don't think they actually got any new models for their release. Just a repackage of the old savage orcs.

It would be cool if they could get some new heroes at least.

Cool I will give them a look. Are there any high fantasy terrain makers that would fit AoD, that are not GW?

Are you honestly telling me they didnt put the Overlords up? Wtf is with major companies delaying releases

to be far, all you have to do is buy a couple retributor gold sprays, dip, and apply various solid colors to a couple locations. then shade again.

I agree with needing new heroes, but I actually really like their explanation as to why they never got a big monster. It's pretty cool orc fluff, desu.

They're not delaying anything. WD didn't have the release date in it either, meaning it was always mid to late april, even 3 months ago.

Next weekend. You can cap this post if you want.

tin-foil hat territory ahead read at your own risk

they had to do a redesign of the rules for the range of minis because when they got feedback from various experts whom they rely on for balance guidance it was clear that they were just way to strong in their current incarnation that is why the delay

I think if that were the case, then good for them. If not, then I think they just planned this date long in advance, and realized they had some dead space they needed to fill with some things.

I am betting they were planning the newcromunda terrain much later, but due to it being sold out nearly instantly and the demand, they pushed the terrain releases earlier.

It could be possible that the KO were bumped a week to accommodate this demand.

Start Collecting Slaanesh when!?

This is the colour scheme I'm going for

How is this for a 2k Seraphon list?

No I don't have any Saurus Guard or enough Warriors for a brick. My store is WYSWYG as all hell so only using what I got.

Forgot my damn list

Allegiance: Order

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (320)
- General
- Trait: Inspiring
- Artefact: Relic Blade
Skink Priest (100)
- Priestly Trappings
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
Skink Starpriest (100)
10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
- Clubs
5 x Saurus Knights (120)
- Blades
10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
- Clubs
3 x Kroxigor (180)
5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
Bastiladon (300)
Stegadon (260)

Total: 1980/2000

Un-fucking-beatable list you've got there, user.

Lizards are cool.

Are the GW figure cases worth it? I'm using an old fishing tackle box and it's worked fine for a while, but I'm worried about the bigger models. What does /aosg/ use to carry around their models?

Technicaly easier then, prime black and then o some gold bits. the white is going to be a bitch though.

GW cases worked better before they started making large models with lots of pointy bits.

I wouldnt recommend them for anything released during 8th ed WHFB or in AOS.

Get metal sheets or metal baking sheets, glue rare earth magnets to the bottom of your minis and they will stick to the sheet. With a strong enough magnet you can even hold the sheet upside down with no issues.

Not really. The easiest is priming metal or brown, then doing gold over that.

>playing borecast eternals
Why?

R8 pls

Ok just know that nobody likes you and you make settra sad.

I needed a break from Seraphon and Tomb Kings

I like angels, paladins, and roman gladiators

I like their gameplay, too. Especially with the new allegiance abilities, battalions, and units

gr8 scroll m8. I r8 8/8

I'd really like to do something like this. Guide?

I love playing tomb kings but they win too easily. Nobody in my area knows how to deal with 9+ buffed necropolis knights. I'm worried I may be too competitive and driving people away

arkhan the blacks body
wight king head
black knight horse

Maybe dont deathstar?

Cheers.

Hey AoS general, do you ever do narrative games where you just pick what fits the story instead of doing points?

Yes. Did one today, actually. I was playing Stormcast, friend was playing Chaos and had nearly double my modle count, so I declared Sudden Death and chose Endurance. Managed to win by Battle of Thermopylae-ing him.

Narrative was that my Stormhost had to hold this pass while Order forces behind them secured an objective, and the game ending at the end of turn six represented them being successful and returning to Azyrheim.

Im always down for them, but we never feel like we have a good justification. Its always "well we have time to play a game. Even lists? Even lists." We've never had a story where "Oh man we gotta do that game" the way my group has with role playing games.

in the process of cutting and greenstuffing legs

Soon, brother.

I think Age of Sigmar would really benefit from maelstrom of War style games from 40k

NICE

I would mostly play Narrative games if I could, to be honest. I'm not all that competitive and would rather just use the wargame to tell a story. Kinda more into Hinterlands than I am mainline AoS too desu.

That sounds very fun user.

First model in like 10+ years out of the hobby. Went in to get 40k, came out with AoS. I like the look of the Bloodbound, they look very 80's barbarian fantasy.

Next weekend is Shadow War terrain kits, so good shot but unfortunately try again

Got two Blood Warrior starter packs, one Bloodreaver starter pack, plus a whole Bloodreaver set that my girlfriend bought me for my birthday. Haven't started that one yet though. Think I may grab a hero next.

Still waiting

Also managed to spend the entirety of my birthday repainting my old Empire army (that I had painted from ages 13-17, they looked like trash) into Freeguild. I am on the fence. They look kinda Blanchitsu so that's enough for me.

Was honestly a chill day though thankfully.

>that photo

shit that's potato quality, god damn I dunno, my camera just doesn't like focusing on anything I guess.

How do I into empire?

big units of handgunners

swordsmen in front

hurricanums

This

I got a 30 man unit of handgunners, one other unit of handgunners, a unit of swordsmen, some militia, spears, greatswords and a cannon. Plus a general and wizard.

I think I'm set on that front??

Do I need my army's battletome if I have the General's Handbook? Sorry, newb.

the only thing battletomes have that isnt in the free warscrolls is relics/warlord traits

Where's the Khorne Battletome PDF?

I NEED MUH LORE

Tomorrow is shadow terrain kits.

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=2510756053 3129408095&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=catnewexclusive

Next weekend is kharadron overlords.

Thanks

Note that not every battletome has relics/warlord traits. That's really only Stormcast, Tzeentch, I think Sylvaneth, and the upcoming Khorne tome. That's it.

Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw Raiders, too

Soon there will be more "good" battletomes than "bad" ones

The only bad ones left are seraphon, flesheaters, fyreslayers, pestilens, everchosen (i dont really count this one) and ironjawz

So how are you supposed to use legacy army lists with points values?

Just use the points for the equivalent warscroll?

IE Freeguild Handgunners=Empire Handgunners

Yes, though you might as well use the new warscroll.

Hey, 40kfag here. I was thinking about getting into AoS and I've always been a fan of dwarves. Problem is the dwarf models look kind of dated. What are the chances "regular" dwarves get an update?

There'll probably be something with them at some point.

There's a plot strand about Sigmar looking for Grungni and the surviving non Azyrite regular dwarfs.

Naked Fire Dwarfs and Sky-pirate Business Dwarfs not doing it for you?

There's always a chance in the future. But several kits in the range are only a few years old. They're still pretty good. It's really only the thunderers, warriors, and cannon kits are old and outdated.

I kind of like the fire dwarves, dwarven berserker mercenaries is a pretty cool idea.
The blimp guys ehhh, I really can't stand steampunk so they're a big no

I would say the Ironbreakers, Hammerers, Firedrakes and Longbeards all still look good. The flame cannon is also newer and pretty nice. Gyrocopters are still decent, as are cannons.

Plus you can always take other Order stuff with it, like Empire cannons.

If it helps at all, the Vulkite Berserkers are an incredibly tough block of dwarfs to break. Take 30 of them and give them some support, they will be damn difficult to grind through. The giant fire dragons they ride are also cool.

They play well with other Dwarf units.

Might want to consider the Fyreslayers then, it'll be a while.

You could also just start on regular dwarfs now, but we have no idea when they'll get attention.

They are pretty good, especially their fluff. They search relentlessly for a special type of gold which is said to be originated from their god, grimnir. They then take this gold and literally hammer it into their flesh to gain power from that god.

However right now they are sort of underpowered in matched play, but they are getting a massive points drop in the next general's handbook.

I roll my Magmadroth in foam and carry it around in my backpack (separate from its rider and base because they broke off. They're not destroyed, just separate with a bit of white on the ex-contact surfaces.)

Thanks, I think I'm going to go fyreslayers and then slowly build vanilla dwarves army.
Picking anything other than mountain manlets would just feel weird to me

I'm mostly curious for feedback on his unique spell. Based on Fimir Warriors and generic Battlemage for the weapon. I was going for thematic (mists that are a giant middle finger to shooting, that can ultimately turn poisonous) but I worry about it being too OP. I just want a wizard/hero for my Fimir army. Plan on making some sort of combat hero at some point too with a proper command ability to be a general.

Also because that picture is apparently garbage, here's the spell:
The Fimir Dirach points a gnarled finger, and mists begin to seep from the ground. Summon the Mists has a casting value of 7. If successfully cast, pick a unit within 18". That unit has -1 to Hit with all of its weapons until the start of your next hero phase. In addition, roll a D6 and consult the table below (the effects are cumulative):
1: No additional effects.
2-3: The mist thickens, making it harder to see; the unit must also halve the range of all of its weapons until the start of your next hero phase.
4-5: The mist has turned to a noxious miasma, choking those wrapped within it; the unit also receives -1 to all of its Save rolls until the start of your next hero phase.
6: The fumes rising from the ground have become truly deadly--this is the Killing Mist of legend. The unit suffers D3 mortal wounds. In addition, if the unit does not move at least 4" in its next movement phase, it suffers an additional D3 mortal wounds.

That might actually be good against shooting armies, but eh.

>Descruction

I don't know how I didn't notice that. I blame the fact I'm tired and should be sleeping right now.

my fellow of melanin abundance

Good luck. Playing them is a challenge because they are only decent when you stack buffs with them and apply a lot of synergy between the heroes and units. The magmadroths are really good in combat. Even then at this point they are overcosted and lack good allegiance abilities. But stick with them, because when they eventually get their battletome update, they will likely get all the tools they need, as the other factions are getting right now.

I play Skaven, how do I stop my friend's Ironjawz? THey're just too fucking strong

Bring more Doomwheels.

What do they do vs ironjawz?

play Pestilens with Nurgle

legacy armies who aren't tomb kings are shit

Mortal wounds, lots of mortal wounds.

They don't have the numbers to stand against it.

They're slow. Outrange and shoot them. Going to to toe with them is going to get your ass kicked. You need to go melee with them to slow them down so your range attacks beat 'em in.

There a good source of lore outside of the novels? From my pdf skimming, the main rulebook didn't do much more than cover the basic 'And then Sigmar made Eternals, the end.'
What's Hinterlands?

Battletomes have lots of lore.

this is hinterlands. enjoy

Basically a Mordheim-style skirmish game for AoS.

You a skryre player? Good news, you got some pretty fucking awesome shooting. Warp lightning cannons and stormfiends. Any skryre shooting, really. They kick so much ass.

shoot them until they die

>Primarily ranged armies in a fantasy setting

>fantasy can't have guns

Thanks!

I'm gonna build up a Maggoth Lord because I really want to paint it. Is there anything I need to know about the differences with the maggoths and the guys on top? I'm kinda thinking about Bloab or Morbidex.

Dude, stormfiends man. Give one the grinderfists, and all the rests ratling cannons and warpfire. Even fucking warplock jezzails are miniature artillery. Shit, dem rats is scary

morbidex if you want to do nurglings and ally with nurgle daemons.
bloab is a wizard character
orghotts is the general with a command ability

That's the rudimentary role of the 3 of them.

haha oops. i do that sometimes

he said "primarily ranged". Your response is beyond stupid.

Sounds good to me thank you for the pointers!

>Primary ranged enemy
>Play Bretonnia
>Move up entire cavarly army
>enemy shoots, killing 3,5 horse
>charge with 20-30 buffed up knights
Laughing Leoncoeur.png