All the classic bards are using the music to either uplift their teammates, or cast magic via playing the music itself

>all the classic bards are using the music to either uplift their teammates, or cast magic via playing the music itself
>tfw I never see self-buffing bards that use their own music to lose themselves to dance

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8eOwh4yghws
youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s
youtube.com/watch?v=bk725scHJ6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It exists, but it's called Dervish.

That's not really the same, there are no music components involved in the Dervish Dance.

Always thought the biggest point in bards is just how wide their knowledge is:
>Need to read a bunch of ancient runes-
call a bard

>Need a translator for a faraway land
Bard

>What's that monster's weak point?
The bard probably knows

There is so much more to adventuring other than BLAST IT WITH LIGHTNING or I SMASH IT WITH MY PECKS

Bladesingers?

>The party bard is a rave slut who loses herself in the extacy of battle
>The party barbarian is also a rave slut who loses herself in the extacy of battle
>The paladin falls for associating with rave sluts

Why wouldn't you call the Wizard for those things? They can spout exposition AND blast it with lightning.

The problem is that their lore knowledge bonuses are negligible when compared to the amount of skillpoints a reasonably high Intelligence bonus grants.

Now they can become a hot pink blackguard of excess!

slaanesh pls

Because the bard has to do something besides spread your fame.

THINGS SHALT GETITH LOUD, NOW

Your fault for playing 3.P.

Alternatively.....
>The Paladin takes a level in Greyguard and becomes a rave slut, because he don't need no rules.

I love oratory bards. I really want to play one who tells stories or reads passages from ancient epic tales of heroes to buff and harm his enemies.

>cha bard is buffer/debuffer
>int bard is perfect knowledge skill monkey
>str/dex/con are fightan' bards
what would wisdom bards be?

I want to make a bardbarian who dances into a rage.

I know who my next character's gonna be.

You want dumb bard bullshit?

Get your bard a Dancing Sword.

Nothing more terrifying than a bard with decent strength doing full round attacks WHILE buffing the party and casting spells.

I played a bard(Dervish)/monk before, played him as a capoeira martial artist. Not very good mechanically but damn he was fun to play.

I played a bard who specializes in debuffs and sonic attacks from his guitar as well as a custom (HR) scream that debuffs and damages all beings in a large cone. Meh damage but it defend and disorientates everything in range, including our fucking berserker who dosen't know the meaning of subtly.

custom scream attack*
Deafens*

>The description for this ability doesn't explicitly say I *need* to fluff it as music, so I *can't* fluff it as music!
You call yourself a roleplayer?

I bet you also bitched about 4E core lacking a pure archer fighter that's mechanically identical to the archer ranger but has the word "fighter" written on it.

>tfw no party of undead bards to battle evil with the power of music
youtube.com/watch?v=8eOwh4yghws

>world is about to end via huge fucking meteor
>bard casts Leomund's Tiny Hut
>Cleric casts Miracle to make bard's spell cover the world

What song is played?

youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

youtube.com/watch?v=bk725scHJ6g