Is there a name for this sort of pre-steampunk aesthetic?

Is there a name for this sort of pre-steampunk aesthetic?

If I had to apply names with punk in it it would be dieselpunk with a side of classical est asian style a a smattering of biopunk.

Not really, but the Nausicaa 'look' is derived from the style of a lot of sci-fi euro comics, Moebius' work especially.

Raygun Gothic. Just a bit hard to recognize because the setting itself is not RG in spite of adopting the aesthetic.

That's a lot of punk.

It doesn't fit neatly into any codified setting. You got psychics, swords, airships, druid forest magic, high level biotech, castles, cavalry, bolt action rifles and machine guns. All that with various east asian and middle eastern esthetics.

the aesthetic is actually inspired by the Ural i think and geraly those weird kinda peoples like chechenians and ossetians, they have all very simmilar national dresses to the clothes that nausicaa wears.

Best girl continues to be best.

Nausicaa is post-apoc you retard

I wasn't talking specifically about Nausicaa, I mean the aesthetic in the picture which seems to mix elements of steampunk with imagery from older eras.

Thank you for the replies everyone else.

ITS NOT 'PUNK' ANYTHING ITS PULP SCI-FI

>Ural
Dude, you're talking about the Caucasus, this is where the Ossetians live. Ural natives are basically ancient Finns.

>aesthetic

Ya, it's called the Ghibli style meets post-apocalypse. Nothing punk about it.

>Moebius
This nigger knows what's up

Yes. Steampunk.

Alternately, "fantasy".

What about Wizards by Ralph Bakshi?

Shit didn't use to be so codified. Fantasy could have ray guns, scifi could have dragons. Nerd sales hadn't figured out the salsa trick yet.

Everything about steampunk is awful, including the name and how it suddenly applies to fucking everything. Retroactively remove it and nothing of value is lost.
>Inb4 some faggot calls Jules Verne steampunk
Don't make me send a balloon powered airship up your ass.

>".
youre right, im drunk

But no, ossetians arent Samoyeds, now youre talking about far north russia.
Caucasus is all sortsa shit from slavs over nakh language talkers to ossetians who got an iranian type of language.

>But no, ossetians arent Samoyeds, now youre talking about far north russia.
I shows that you're drunk, your reading comprehension is in the toilet.

Clearly.
Still didnt know there were samoyeds there, thought they all just lived in bumfuck snow land where no sane person would want to live, while also having a total population of 5 people and playing the "native american" game in sweden.

My brother.

It's a goddamn crime that there's so little good art of her outside the books.

That and the fact that she was reduced to EXTREMELY generic evil in the film. I liked the movie, then I read the manga...

>Shit didn't use to be so codified. Fantasy could have ray guns, scifi could have dragons.
This.

Cute, CUTE.

This.
First manga I ever read because I kept telling my one token anime friend how good the film was. He literally sat me down and put the manga in front of me.

Well worth it.