Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1433: This Must Be the Work of a Jumper's Stand Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

>deleting a thread in response to genuine concerns

Pathetic.

Things currently in mind for the update include;
>A time extension drawback.
>An option to pick between the comics and show timeline.
>The option to become a robot, alien, or creature.
>A custom weapon purchase so you can make something like Scaramouch's blade.
>Motorcycle purchase.
>Make the Ultrabot companion able to respawn.
>Companion import.
>Remove the 1 active creature limit on the summoning ability.

You could mimic Aku's burning eyebrows and shadow body with the Shapeshifting option from the jump.

Did I miss something?

Does anybody have a copy of Batman Beyond?
I seem to have lost mine and it's not in uploads.

Just salt. Move along.

What are some perks that would help me engineer a new biological species/race to my specifications?

I mean, I could probably manage that by stacking up science perks, but I'm on the lookout for perks that effect specifically that right now.

Jumpers, who/what is best pet?

Geneforge the jump.
Like basically all of it is tailor made for that.

The Bolbox line of perks in EVO is great for that.

A shame there isn't an option to be Aku or Jack's son or something of similiar effect.

Bu.. But I like salt... and vinegar... on chips.

Here you go, champ.

Why not both, at the same time?

Oh, come on. I can't be the only one seeing all that sexual tension. Am I?

Thank you.

If an item is discounted, are upgrades also discounted?
eg: Item is 400, +100cp of upgrades, is it 300cp or 250cp?

Aku seduced him at least twice.
It's obvious he's got the hots for Jack.

You just know Fem!Aku wants Jack's D.

Are there any jumps that give you a weapon that can kill conceptual entities?

It's not done. Also is an old WIP.

>option to be Aku or Jack's son.
Ehhhhh, no.

>An option to pick between the comics and show timeline.
There's comics?

Anyway, all of those sound good. No chance for a set of Daughters of Jumper though?

Will the custom weapon purchase have an option for Scotsman-style gun legs/arms?

>You could mimic Aku's burning eyebrows and shadow body with the Shapeshifting option from the jump.
You can? It says you can become creatures and humanoids, but I didn't think that'd allow you to become shadow or have burning eyebrows.

...Why would there be?

thank you also

Yes Worm

There's an image somewhere where Aku and Jack look like they're about to fight, only for Aku to assume his Ikra form and present a baby to Jack, one that is clearly their child.

Well, you're going to have to define what you mean by "conceptual entity". Because that could mean so many things that the question is impossible to answer on its own.

Vitriolic Craftsman from Exalted Infernals gets you Craft (Genesis) in addition to the other stuff. That should be enough on its own, but grabbing the Morass of Virii and Manifold Beings with that makes it really easy.

A being that embodies and gains strength from an aspect (ranging from minor to major) of reality, and can also survive so long as said thing exists.

For which jump?

I think Tsukihime has a weapon that can damage or destroy souls. There might also be something in SCP.

>There's comics?
Yes.

>No chance for a set of Daughters of Jumper though?
Maybe. I don't really like offering sapient human companions.

>Will the custom weapon purchase have an option for Scotsman-style gun legs/arms?
I think i'd rather make that it's own separate thing.

>You could mimic Aku's burning eyebrows...
I wrote any creature or humanoid you can imagine. You won't get the exact same properties of Aku's shadow form, but I don't see any reason why you can't look like him.

>For which jump?
For Batman Beyond. Eg: The Safehouse, Hovercraft or Power Suit.

I'm still thinking about it.

Ah, okay. Then I'm going to say DC. Lots of concept killing in there. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a major crisis that hasn't ended in someone somehow killing that sort of conceptual embodiment.

>Yes.
Huh, okay. Might need to look into that.

>Maybe. I don't really like offering sapient human companions.
Alright, best I can hope for, I guess. In any case, I'd love it if you did decide to offer something like them.

...If I may ask though, why don't you like offering sapient human companions? Wouldn't that be the vast majority of companions?

>I think i'd rather make that it's own separate thing.
That's perfectly fine too. I just figured it might fall under that.

>I wrote any creature or humanoid you can imagine. You won't get the exact same properties of Aku's shadow form, but I don't see any reason why you can't look like him.
Alright, thanks. I should get that perk then...

So, just out of curiosity, why is the default jump length ten years? When most plots are solved in significantly less time, it's just kind of weird it's that long.

In the Neverwinter Nights Jump do I take the place of the PC or can I be a stranger that keeps popping up?

Also
Jumpers!
Do you prefer to take the place of the PC in video game Jumps that offer such or not?

Pic unrelated, I just think it looks cool.

Jump # 40 Actraiser
Background: Savior (0)
Starting Location: Blood Pool
Perks:
*I send my scourge (300, Discount)
*I send my Sword (200, Discount)
*I will get there (200, Discount)
*Cast in the name of god (0)
*Evil Does not rest (0)
Equipment
*The Sky Palace (800)
*Sandals of Tranquility (0)
*Helmet of Salvation (100, Discount)
Drawback:
*Assuming the Throne (+600)

Journal Entry # 40 - 1

Well… It seems I am a bit late to the party. If you have ever heard the term hell on earth this is it. It looks like the forces of heaven have fallen and I am being told I have to change this alone… No pressure.

I feel bad for the rest of humanity. As soon as heaven fell, they were gathered up like cattle and are now playthings to the whims of demons. I hear their desperate cries and pleas all the way from my sky palace. It’s almost maddening. One thing is certain. This will not stand.

Journal Entry # 40 - 5

Well… so I have quite the list of things to juggle here. I have been smacking down demons wherever I find them, freeing humans, trying to get them to rebuild while I restore the places they live to being inhabitable. Changing the corrupted and often poisonous land back to it’s natural state…. Filling in for “The Master” who is totally not god is a pain. Also there are the individual prayers that I am doing my best to answer but… Even with my companions helping this has been very hard.

(to be continued)

Same reason that you get 1000 CP

Because it's not interact with the plot chain. It's go to the world and do things in it chain.

>Maybe. I don't really like offering sapient human companions.
That is a pretty specific turn off. Are you some sort of Scotsman or something?

And tell me more about the Daughters of Aku

Journal Entry # 40 -11

Well Bloodpool isn’t Bloodpool anymore I guess they are just going to have to change the name. Maybe to Pool. That’s one Evil Vanquished and Humans seem to even be stepping up swords and other weapons in their own defense. Good to see their spirit isn’t broken.

Journal Entry # 40 - 66

Well here we are the true test. Time and again I have pushed back the evils of Tenzan and helped bring humanity back from the brink, now here I am on Tenzan’s doorstep. Anything he has remaining is going to be thrown at me as soon as I touch down there. I am not bothering sending a statue because I figure the only way I have the strength to do this is in person.

Journal Entry # 40 - 67

Well… I am writing this so that tells you about how it went. Tenzan was strong… very strong and put up a hell of a fought. He was totally not onboard with this whole being sealed away thing. Also somehow he had raised all of his pervious lieutenants. They all tried to take me at once and swarm me, they weren’t expecting me not to be alone. It didn’t make it easy but we are better at fighting as a team than they were and in the end that won us the day… well that and the Overlord levels… lets be honest I would have lost without those. Anyways Tenzan’s sealed away, humanity is standing on it’s own two feet and I am a very, very tired goddess (or god stand in) who needs a long vacation.

because that was the base idea when Quicksilver first made it.

We're aware, it's stupid.

>Do you prefer to take the place of the PC in video game Jumps that offer such or not?
Whenever the PC isn't just some blank slate with no canon personality, yes. Otherwise, no. Like, for the TES jumps I'm perfectly fine with it. Less so for something like KOTOR.

You'll always be alone, you know. You'll never have any friends.

Ignore my first question, after reading through the Jump again, it turns out my question was answered in the Drawbacks section, the one place I didnt look.

I don't like being the actual main character even though I keep taking perks that treat me like one.
Being the unlockable party member/bonus boss/secret shop is much more fun than running errands

>In the Neverwinter Nights Jump do I take the place of the PC or can I be a stranger that keeps popping up?
>+0cp: A Dreadful Case of Protaganism
Read, user. Read.

>Do you prefer to take the place of the PC in video game Jumps that offer such or not?
Depends on the setting. But usually I take the option when it's offered.

Inertia, mostly. First few jumps the idea wasn't to interact with the plot, it was to just mess around in a cool other world. That's why the inFamous jump drops you off after all the plot-relevant stuff has happened. For some reason people kept that default even as jumps shifted more towards the jumper being plot-relevant. It's just tradition at this point. Some people go for alternate jump lengths (I myself am working on one where the default length is fourteen years), but they're the minority.

The original premise was focused on pure adventure that wasn't reliant on plot interaction, and Quicksilver was going to be the one designing the Jumps himself and picking settings that would allow for that kind of idea to thrive. Pokemon, Mass Effect, InFamous, we knew what was going on in the settings enough to not be plot reliant. It just stuck when he handed the keys over and everyone started designing Jumps.

Ok guys I made something and I hope you guys like it, to be frank this thing has taken far too long to complete and I am still not completely done because at some point in the future I want to make an update that introduces all the crafting. but that will be its own thing with its own cp. So to that vein I bring a present!

Kyubi.

Oh, I like to either BE a canon protagonist character, or at least become part of the protagonist group, in most jumps, video game or not.

>why is the default jump length ten years? When most plots are solved in significantly less time
Because in an Ideal jump any plot is optional, you are experiencing a exotic and diverse setting. Like in Conduit, it starts you after the plot had already happened so you can experience the world without getting caught up in it.

This also means you get a jumps worth of powers every decade instead of every few weeks or months which would be the case otherwise. Slower power creep, and more time to play with each power set before you get the next one.

>it was to just mess around in a cool other world.

And now the world doesn't even matter anymore.

>Jumpers!

I think it depends on the setting (and options) for certain jumps like NWN and Skyrim I think it's pretty cool but I kind of liked not being the sole survivor or other main character in the fallout jumps. Dealing with randomly determined protagonists can be fun (sometimes)

Sometimes I'll replace them. Really depends on the character. Like, I could have replaced Amaterasu in Okami, that's an option if you choose to be the Brush God of the sun. But that would mean denying the world adorable fluffy doG God, and that's awful. Ammy is best goddess.

Mithra are scum.

Why?

So escalation has finally become boring for my Jumper. I've decided my new MO is to lay out some seriously humiliating defeats or pride-shattering battles to arrogant villains.

Give me a few good targets. I got A Song of Ice and Fire and Avatar in mind already.

Eh to each their own.

Well they are a race which is like 80% female and they like to keep their men at home but thats their weird thing.

'kay.

One thing that jumps out at me is there is a LOT of jobs perk trees there (22). I would include a nod to the games Secondary Job mechanic, and let jumpers have discounts from two job trees.

Has anyone claimed Shotgun Shuffle or Stand Still. Stay Silent?

>the children of the gods start missing their parents, and try to join them
>The Holy Gatekeeper gets pissed and fucking slaughters them, then sends their cities to the bottom of the sea
What a fucking dick. Him and that Promathia guy are both getting their asses kicked for that.

Could go to Fate to mess with Gilgamesh?

Samurai, Bluemage, Chakra Healing, Rangers Fangs, Blue Blood, A Shackled Beast, Roll the Bones, Style and Grace, The first 8, & Box of Cookies all need the first word of their descriptions capitalized.

You get a chance to fight promathia if you want so good luck!

... there is. You get discounts from 2 trees.

Megaman Zero's Weil deserves a sound thrashing.
That god complex isn't healthy, although letting him get to the point where he feels in charge probably isn't worth it.

no

Pretty much any shonen villain, I guess. I mean, don't you think it would be funny to lay a smack down on Yhwach with perks that prevent your future from being read and also prevent time manipulation from affecting you?

Umm wow. Thank you. Im amazed that you got that so quickly, thanks! It might take a bit though its hard to do changes on mobile like this. I will change them before it uploads to drive. Thank you.

The fire bird Sovereign from Digimon Tamers, Hitogami from Mushoku Tensei, and YHVH from Devil Survivor 1&2.

Gendo and SEELE from Evangelion are pretty arrogant and dickish. There's also Madara from Naruto, and Weil from Megaman Zero. The latter wants to make everyone in the world suffer, and his endgoal is to force everyone into a And I Must Scream-like fate, under his rule forever. He's the cause of pretty much everything bad in that series, and he shows no remorse, either.

Also the Party from 1984.

Devil Survivor 1 YHVH is pretty cool, actually. But yeah, DeSu 2 YHVH/Errai is SMT YHVH, so in other words a total dick.

Welcome.

Peter Parker and Venom bro they totally deserve it and help best girl whiles your there

I've already done F/Z and FSN and...strange as it sounds, I don't have a particular grudge against Gilgamesh, for all his jackassery. The plot takes care of him well enough.

I might actually pick him up in Extra or GO, in Caster form.
Ooooh, that's a good zero-guilt target. I approve wholeheartedly.
The Bleach jump is kind of hanging in the air right now, but I do have ways to mess up precog and can ignore time manipulation, yeah. That's a pretty good one. Madara is definitely on the list, as is Tobi.

Not sure if Kaguya is even cognizant enough to recognize humiliating defeat. Considering the moon bunny is already pretty much a broken down automaton, it'd feel like kicking a puppy. A super-powered god complex puppy.
Already did Mushoku, but those are some good targets. Noted.
Got some of these on the list already or took care of them, but the rest are on the chopping block. The Party in particular has a special place in the 'to be fucked up' list.
I...guess? Not very knowledgeable of Spider-Man, honestly.

>... there is
Sorry!
Some anons are idiots all of the time,
All anons are idiots some of the time.
Guess it was just my time.

>Peter Parker
The fuck, Bodacious Babes user. Peter is a cool guy, why are you trying to get Heavens after him?

Peter Parker is fine. Venom is an actual target though, and while Carnage is loyal to Cassidy, she's also a sadistic monster that wants to go on a killing spree with him.

No problem user I hope you like the jump!

You remind me that I want to one day write a greentext about Jack having sex, only for it to end with
>FOOLISH SAMURAI!
>It was about that time I realized the girl was about 300 feet tall and a shapeshifting master of darkness
>That damn Aku had tricked me again

DS 1 YHVH manipulated Cain into killing Abel.

Head to Ogre Battle and take the "Break the Seal" drawback. Defeat and humiliate ALL your past foes in glorious country-wide battles!

>I...guess? Not very knowledgeable of Spider-Man, honestly.

Be carful of which Peter you befriend bro

>The fuck, Bodacious Babes user. Peter is a cool guy, why are you trying to get Heavens after him?

It really depends on what continuity you go for with Peter user, Some worlds he is a major tool and creates a lot of the problems and sometimes he is just a nice kid, Venom however is always worst girl

According to Cain and Honda, both of whom are biased. Cain chose to kill Abel, of his own free will. He just refuses to admit it. You see this throughout the game, with him refusing to admit he's done anything wrong.

SSSS is still very much in progess. Might want to hold off making a Jump for it until a little more time has passed. Unless you plan to do updates.

Inheritance Cycle elves
It's like every elf meme on tg except for the lewd ones because they are literally the worst.

I just showed them how they were uneducated savages.

>Fem Jack
>I didn't know I needed that

Eh, I plan on focusing on Shotgun Shuffle first, and that won't exactly be completed soon, due to me starting a project unrelated to Jumpchain recently.

I just have my reasons, although I'm kinda starting to get over them. Bodacious babes user?

I almost never insert myself as the main character because I don't wan to be railroaded into the plot, and also because I like to befriend protagonists.

>tell me more about the Daughters of Aku.
Their entire story arc and relationship with jack is essentially the exact opposite of this image.

>Get Companion
>Go To Worm
>Get Friction Modulation
>Companion gets Personal Force Manipulation
>Fuse somehow
>Go to X-men
>Get Space Manipulation Omega
>Go to Ultimate Spiderman
>Get Speed Ball Effect

Is it possible to go faster without teleportation?

Yes. You haven't even cast haste on yourself yet.

In Overclocked it is revealed YHVH wanted a Martyr and a Murderer.

Get your companion from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Have them be something with the Speed Boost ability while you pick a Pokemon that can learn Agility, or vice versa.

0.3 is out boys.
Thoughts and suggestions?

>Their entire story arc and relationship with jack is essentially the exact opposite of this image.
and that HURTS me

/jc/, who have you failed to save in your chain?

You know what I changed my mind bro, You know who was worse Mr.Fantastic but be careful he might try to kill himself and his family if you do because that's how much of a tool he is

Mr.Fantastic was way worse than peter ever was. That guy got so many people killed because of his arrogance and he almost always does worse

That wasn't me user

>That pic

Aww FUCK I didn't want to cry today.

Primate murder. Still waiting on Val for F/GO jump there but it is what it is and it's a rabbit.

Again, according to Honda and Cain. Even the Shomonkai guy admits that that's just a theory, and there's no real evidence for it. He also points out that Cain refused to acknowledge what he did was wrong, which just compounded the sin. The only real evidence to support that theory come from biased sources who have no real information on what happened. And again, Cain himself is totally full of shit, given the fact that in that exact same route, he tried to murder Abel AGAIN. The truth is, Cain's a dick, and his own worst enemy to boot. He's been spending thousands of years nursing his grudge against God because he refuses to admit that it was his fault.

I mean, look at the situation. All that happened was that God accepted Abel's gift and not Cain's. Cain promptly threw a bitch fit and murdered Abel, in order to "offer God blood". There was something wrong with him from the beginning.

I Want To Be The One is massively overpowered, even for 800 points

So pick up haste in Forgotten Realms just max out a Spellcaster class?

Would Agility multiply speed after all of the bullshit? Fan wank it?

Side note, without a specific time bending abilities would it be possible to effect time by being this fast?

This generic seems extra-pointless sorry, we already have a kemomimi jump. Also there's literally no reason for I Want To Be The One to exist