Is she Veeky Forums's mascot?

Is she Veeky Forums's mascot?

she ain't sucking my cock while chained to my radiator, so she's feminazi garbage made up by tumblr waifufags who need to go back to the kitchen.

tl;dr, Veeky Forums can't even form a consensus on if they enjoy games, let alone picking a system, mascot, or enjoyed themes. Don't expect anything other than a vocal minority trying to shout down another vocal minority.

"... and he that went before now came last, and that which was white and black and all direction was thrown against itself. Grown mightily indignant at the words of the Gods, Malal did turn his heart against them and flee into the chambers of space... And no man looked to Malal then, save those that serve that which they hate, who smile upon their misfortune, and who bear no love save for the damned. At such times as a warrior's heart turns to Malal, all Gods of Chaos grow fearful, and the laughter of the Outcast God fills the tomb of space..."

Your "tl;dr" is longer than your actual text, retard.

Nope.

Veeky Forums doesn't have a mascot. Never will. Same with a "queen". Same with any other board. No consensus, different tastes, most people don't care.

Probably. But she doesn't seem very mascot-like does she?

Can't argue with that.

I like her.

Can't speak for the rest of Veeky Forums, though.

Well, Boxxxy will always been the queen of /b/, and Yotsub& for /a/.

Cultist is exclusively 40k though.

Veeky Forums used to be exclusively 40k. With occasional D&D 3.5.

Remember DON'T LEWD RIBBON

Yes.
One of many.

>Same with any other board

I can see you haven't been to many boards then, user.

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

No, even though the artist really, really wants her to be.

that ribbon-elf-thingy is exclusive for fantasy settings

Having a chick as a mascot just isn't fitting for Veeky Forums
Atleast, not an upbeat blonde.
Veeky Forums should be represented by a grognard/neckbeardy weirdo.
Maybe something in the style of Tomoko.
Like a sort of offbeat loner who opens up when playing games, but is world weary because of countless that guys/that DMs.

Top kek /b/rother, you sure told them!

Literally who?

>grognard/weirdo
We've had that for years. See

>upbeat
>constantly happy
>is open to everyone
>exclusive to one goddamn setting/system
No, she might work for chaos/WH40k, but for the whole of Veeky Forums? nope.

Nope, kitten is.

She's an iconic enough figure for people on Veeky Forums to recognize her and associate her with Veeky Forums. Whether or not that makes her Veeky Forums's "mascot" is another matter entirely, and is really up to personal opinion.

>ribbon is fantasy only
How wrong you are

>Atleast, not an upbeat blonde.
Ribbon is an occasionally violent narcissist who just wants people to think that she's upbeat and cute.
Honestly ribbon is a goddamn demon disguised as a cute elf. Way more than Cestree.

>Atleast, not an upbeat blonde.
Ribbon is a shut-in, occasionally violent narcissist who wants to be viewed as upbeat and cute.
Honestly ribbon is a goddamn demon disguised as a cute elf. Way more than Cestree.

That's an old lie told by 40kids without a shred of proof. Don't take it to heart, and don't bother repeating it until you find something to substantiate that claim beyond wishful thinking from the fans of a single game.

It's called hyperbole, you autistic fuck.
If there's one thing newfags can learn from old Veeky Forums it's how to handle a joke and not take everything said so literally.

>Ribbon is a shut-in, occasionally violent narcissist who wants to be viewed as upbeat and cute.

The heart and soul of Veeky Forums.

Why choose? Veeky Forums is far too diverse in its opinions and tastes to come to a single decision. Instead, we have a team of mascots that we can pick from as the situation calls for. Call it an adventuring party, have a Drawfag do a couple of short 4-panel comics of them interacting, and forget about it until we need it.

Also included are Marcille, the best girl from KonoSuba, a Shitsune, and Boone.

Almost like fantasy wasn't sword and sorcery exclusive.

Shadowrun is a bizarre cyberpunk setting with fantasy elements unnecessarily shoehorned in.

The issue is that some 40kids use that myth like some kind of rationale for acting like dickweeds or for demanding special attention or honors.

40k isn't even the most popular game on Veeky Forums, with both Magic and D&D far outstripping it both in terms of threads/posts and number of players. That's been the case from the start, at least as far as D&D is concerned.

>the best girl from KonoSuba
1) KonoSuba is just flavor of the last few years.
2) Which girl? Every girl in Konosuba is worst girl (and thus also best girl).

Whichever girl is likely to spark the most anger in Veeky Forums and thus derail the thread with a pointless konosuba argument.

In other words, probably Aqua.

yes

She's kinda multi-genre. I mean, even 40k has eldar.

Yeah and 40k is basically science-fantasy...

Show me an elf in a non-fantasy setting

Artemis Fowl is a fantasy setting.

Does this count?

You now will post this in every thread, won't you?

How do you get a non-fantasy setting out of Artemis Fowl? That's Fantasy 101 - 'normal' boy stumbles upon a secret fantasy world hidden from human eyes. Is Alice in Wonderland a crime thriller for you?

It's at least close enough to change my opinion from 'Ribbon is fantasy specific' to 'Ribbon is fantasy and sci-fi on budget specific'

Well, I was only going to do it when explicitly pointing out that Ribbon is multi-genre because she looks kinda shadowrunny in that pic, but I think I'm going to post it in every thread now because you've requested it.

Also I can't not post this whenever I hear something about Artemis Fowl.

Is this a double falseflag?

Unofficially, I guess? Unofficially in the sense that it's largely on a person-to-person basis. I'm fine with Ribbon being the mascot and she's a relatively good representative, but I doubt any consensus would ever occur, and I don't believe that pushing her on the people who dislike her would be an acceptable thing to do.

> Mediocre drawn mascot
> Representing the most over spammed shit on this board
> with an annoying XD RANDOM speech pattern
vs
> Nicely drawn mascot
> Represents a lots of different tg
> has pretty fun comics
Cultist chan is kinda cute but she's cancer, Ribbon is far superior.

A $150 Million dollar budget?

Vulkans exist because of a small budget.

That's like saying Han Solo wasn't a green alien because of budget.

This is the true mascot of Veeky Forums. Search your heart, you know it is true.

The Chakats better not come now

>This thread amuses me.

Veeky Forums has a shit ton of mascots. Enough so that you could do a group photo that'd have 35 things in it, because Veeky Forums makes interesting characters on purpose. Like some kind of weird character producing factory in which everyone competitively tries to make interesting shit.

Ribbon is one of the few characters to actually cover all spheres of games, as she's basically the embodiment of Veeky Forums instead of being from a specific setting.

This douche is low grade /b/ait

more of the 40k sphere. But 40k also has a shit ton of little cutesy mascots used already. Plus its kinda hard to read some of her text in the little doodles people make.

boxxy is just spammed as being the queen of /b/ but always lost out to bailey jay in the early days. Yotsuba goes hand in hand with Watamote, and that is funny too.

that's kinda what the little lizard Rage is suppose to be. Just technical/neckbeard shit while ribbon is the "feeling". Cestree is basically intent to do good while being obvious fap bait.

This. The comics where she just transcends into a being of evil/hate are the better ones.

>bizarre cyberpunk setting
Its basically a mix between ghost in the shell, big trouble in little chinatown, Lord of the Rings, bladerunner, and 20 other things.
>don't lie, you know what I mean when I bring up Big Trouble in Little Chinatown

I actually like this art because it can be used for damn near anything. Plus the outfit is cute and reflects Ribbon's tendency to be applicable to all kinds of shit. Especially with the lack of smug anime shit.

remember, Spock can and always will be Kirk's friend

you need to die in a fire

yes, more fire please.

This thread really amuses me. Veeky Forums is a fun board that's basically schizophrenic, autistic, and intellectually seizing and I hope it never changes.

I'll be honest. I miss Flare/Cynderfag. They come from a time when the trolling was quite a bit more innocent. Hell sometimes I miss our old low-grade trolls like Spanish Flee and idiots like Edward/Drawde/Lace for the same reason.

I never bothered to learn the names of trolls. Mostly because I didn't think they were funny. I always lean towards the honest gallows humor.

I'm honestly surprised at times when I find out certain trolls are still alive and active. Like that guy chris-chan. When I came to Veeky Forums in 2007 that guy was active and I couldn't tell if he was seriously as fucked up as he obvious was. Now its 10 years later...

Veeky Forums's big and diverse enough that we'd never agree on a mascot.

one of them

whilst we're reminiscing about old trolls...

Im an American. I noticed that pic is really fucking true and that makes me consciously think about time zones.

>Personality A likes guns and cool shit I can dig.
>Personality B likes way too much anime and not even good ones.

The only time I see this stupid character it's attached to a criminally retarded post.

So yes, she is.

you make a valued point

Alternately, personality A is far too obsessed with being ANGRY and EDGY and COOL to the point of drowning out everything else, while personality B is less self-conscious and more open to silly or weird things.

But hey, to each their own.

I'm a nocturnal american. I prefer awesome cool and funny silly.

>edgy
I always hate that, because I'll do or say a thing that isn't edgy, yet that one fag in the group says it is. Such as when I approach things in my usual "fuck it" manner in character.

Personality B is most likely to falsely accuse of EDGY and its almost always Europeans that do so...but not Russians oddly enough. And that makes me wish they sit on their balls every time it happens.

>tfw 27 and excited about Boruto
Fuck the police

>rubyquest started 263,056,805 seconds ago
what year is it

who even am i

I wonder if Basuke is going to get with Bakura and if Boruto is going to get with Binata.

Baruto?

If it helps, I only used "edgy" because "grimderp" would have been a bit much. It's also quite subjective, especially since no one ever self-describes as being edgy anymore.

Really, there's nothing inherently wrong with liking edgy stuff. It's only when people demand that EVERYTHING should be edgy that it starts being a problem. Like how you can't really have threads about fantasy races without a handful of people going all PURGE THE UNCLEAN, DEUS VULT every single time.

those are just idiots who abuse the rule of 3 for jokes.
>once is funny
>twice is funny
>third is played out

but yeah, the whole "purge the unclean" thing, I understand the logic behind it. Hell, one user said a thing so stupid that it made me wish I could project the mental horrors from Event Horizon into his head.

Doth thy perversions not know any bound,
O named-knave on our beloved board?
Upon this Earth there seems to be naught to be found
O'er which thy lecher's gaze hath never pour'd.

With brazen, unashamed self-desecration,
Thou readily embracest sordid fame,
And spillest out thy shameful fascinations,
Immortalized beneath a noted name.

Though normal-knaves revile tentacles,
To folk like us such foul things are fair,
Yet even we start at thy pentacles,
And those detested horrors conjured there.

Whilst wading through the seed that he hath let,
These lines I pledge unto NiceDaemonette.

>All that money and they could only afford a shit director.

It's shit like this that makes me wish I came to Veeky Forums sooner.

Arguably, being interested in edgy things is quite childish. So, by the argument put forth by C.S. Lewis in your image, I should embrace my edginess and be unashamed of it.

Depends on what way you approach it, I guess. I mean, I'd describe Requiem: Vampire Knight as something that's edgy in a gleefully childish way. On the other hand, stuff like The Punisher (or if you wanna go all the way, Jack) can often come off as trying too hard to be mature.

40k is interesting in how it started as the former and then transformed into the latter.

No.
NO.

Malal knows what's up.

Wrong.

Cracky-chan is our queen. Who owns the skies? Who was our first -chan? Poor ignorant newfag, pretending at the glory of old.

How does it feel to be so wrong? Veeky Forums came from the overload of 40k threads on /b/. The random board got tired of the consistency, and we were separated.

>/b/
>tired of consistency
>has ever been the home of endless waves of reposted shit

You are a funny fucker.

Does anyone remember Jim Profit?

Pepperidge farms remembers.

How about old Scared of Shadows? Though he actually redeemed himself when he realized what a twat he was and became a decent contributor.

Or the old Xom meme. We had a big handful of tripfags that were some variant of Xom, like Xom's Right Hand and so on.

yes
YES!

You're going to need a shred of proof of that. A single, solitary shred. Anything. Anything to substantiate your claim.

Overload of 40k threads? 40k had a few threads once a week in the random spam board, which were not only ignorable, but largely irrelevant. A far bigger issue was the number of D&D threads in /v/ (as well as in /b/), because not only were there more of them, they actually had more content than just people saying "HERESY! HERESY! KILL FURRIES!" in them.

Veeky Forums isn't called /40k/, not even /war games/, it's /traditional games/. Veeky Forums's genesis is pretty simple, in that it was intended to be the place for ALL games that weren't video games to be discussed, and you trying to pretend that it's solely the result of a a couple of threads once a week in /b/ is a bad joke.

It may have played a small part in the genesis of Veeky Forums, but 40k isn't anything special and reallly had no special role in the creation of Veeky Forums. But, if you want to argue otherwise, I'd recommend you bring forth a single shred of proof before you run your mouth, and no, the opinion of some 40k fan who exaggerates how important he thinks 40k is doesn't count as anything even resembling proof.

Thank you for existing. I thought I was the last one to have participated/seen/KNEW OF RubyQuest. The last Great Quest, before which none of the new tripe can stand unbowed.

Oh shit that cat talkin bout a walk through the vale of memory

Man, on one hand I can't say that you would have been happy to see him. It was kinda awful to see him go into every thread and start a shitstorm. To the point where he wouldn't even start it, just be talking all normal like until someone called him a fag(rightfully so) and then it would devolve until he was talking about his Slaanesh Sisters of Battle and their tentacle vaginas or some shit.

But looking back...it was pretty funny.

This.

I give him credit for persistence, at least. I don't give him credit for being a fag who needs to fuck off with his shitty comics though.

>The last Great Quest, before which none of the new tripe can stand unbowed.

Well if you say so, but wasn't it like the FIRST self-identified Veeky Forums quest?

HA!

The original artist wishes.

It's almost cute how upset you get about Ribbon.

But not as cute as the comics are.

And?

I remember Ruby Quest. I wasn't there when it happened, but I read the archives.

God, I remember it being so good when I first read it, I literally felt hopeless that I could ever create anything as gripping, compelling, horrifying and heartwarming.

Guess it was just the spirit of the time, I suppose.

Yes
>YES@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That time when user had a lucid nightmare about him was the best

I kinda wish she would come back and visit us once in a while.

It doesn't have to be edgy in a gleeful way to be childish, I don't think. I like spooky horned knights who use "muh power of darkness" like pic related, and I'm fully aware of how infantile my interest is, but I can't help it. I just love edgy things.