When you cycle Shefet Monitor, you may search your library for a basic land card or a Desert card...

>When you cycle Shefet Monitor, you may search your library for a basic land card or a Desert card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
>you may search your library for a basic land card or a Desert card,
>Desert
It's fucking time.

Other urls found in this thread:

mtg.gamepedia.com/Depletion_land
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/x-factor-planeswalker-edition-2017-04-11
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

cant waaaait

If these are more waste cards I will march into WotC head office and put my size 7 sandal up their collective arse

What if Deserts are played on opposing lands, to destroy them?

They've already confirmed Desert won't get a reprint but we'll see more cards with the desert subtype in this set ad the next one

sorry to burst your bubble

How's that bad? Desert is a terrible card. Its only unique feature is that it had its own personal land type.

Could probably deal with something like that, maybe an enchantment that causes lands to become colourless through desert counters or some shit. But the waste cards were probably one of the single most cancerous things to happen to magic in sometime in imho
They were both pointless and retarded and a classic of example of "fixing" something that was never broken

desert is far from terrible, if you get multiple copies into play they can generate so much value

>size 7
user that's adorable

Even tiny, small, baby man can have anger. Just a smoller anger.

>a land pinger
how is this bad

>desert subtype
Yes please. Give me deserts!

I fooled around with the desert subtype on a custom Magic set I never finished. Would love an interesting cycle of land that isn't rare, or just another shitter dual land cycle.

Considering everything else from this set has been dissapointing, I'm sure this will exceed my dissapointment expectations

New land. "You may exert this land to tap for one of any color". Basic tap will be colorless of course. Calling it now.

I think what we really need to ask is will we get more Camels in the set? Currently there's two revealed in this set so that brings the entire MTG camel count to I think five?

exert only applies when creatures attack

and anyw ay we already have a cycle of lands like that

mtg.gamepedia.com/Depletion_land

WotC is trying to bait me into its shitty jew game by functionally reprinting some of my favourite Onslaught cards with bumped up rarities?

Fuck.

The OG Desert would be a terrible card in Standard because the decks that would want it would be 3 colour control decks and they can't afford to run 4x colorless sources.

Its okay they will ruin it agin for you when they get rid of trample because it is "too confusing"

Because it only pings attacking creatures and your opponents, who can see your lands, control which of their creatures attack unless you have some rare attack forcing abilities.

>stops every X/1 from attacking
seems fine to me

>size 7
Ok Junior. Pass the 8th grade then you can level up your anger at a children's card game.

Take note that the OG Desert doesn't stop the creature from attacking. It only deals damage at the end of the combat step after the combat damage step so you can still be dead as part of the game state regardless. Besides in Standard right now the X/1's get way too huge already.

Desert? YES

It's not this one

It's shit.

Shit fake, yes.

It's real.

Rise from the tides tier 1 inc.

>Desert is a terrible card.
According to R&D, it's too powerful for Standard.

Shoulda cost 1B.

>The set numbers are correct
Shit, they are real.

But still
>Same site, different qualities of picture
>Cryptic Serpent doesn't feel like an Amonkhet card

I wish it dealt damage to each opponent.
I mean why the fuck not?

Likely pulled the low quality pic from a different spoiler website.

Now this is pretty cool.
Zero evasion including even trample sucks but oh well.

Can't wait to see the black and green gods, personally.

I need this to be real for my colorless (nonEldrazi) deck.

These feels like things that would be good being played with Hazoret, but in a kitchen table / jank deck.

Hellbent.dec in FNM level Standard?

>costs 2 less per split card

Each split card is a single card.
It sees that fire//ice in your graveyard, asks if it's a sorcery or instant, checks the box for yes, and moves on. Doesn't care that the box got checked repeatedly, it got checked, done.

With how standard having a shitload of burns right now, i was thinking a URdw, but that UU casting cost is going to be a bitch to color fix.

you wish.

I personally dont mind this one. It's not that bad id probably use it outside of standard, also Veeky Forumss response to every card is either "hurdur its shit" or "hurdurr it wey 2 stronk"

I was once like you and thought Boros Reckoner give 6 devotions to Iroas.

If the inevitable rare desert is as bad I'm officially deeming this block Kamigawa 2.0

With this and Censor it's going to take over since it already has good matchups against mardu and saheeli

What if each half is different like the split cards in the set? Does it not count both the instants and sorceries? If one of the aftermaths cards is in the grave, the number of instants would be 1 and the number of sorceries would be 1 right?

How do cards like this even get out of the development stage.

For mono-red aggro/burn, this is fantastic.
>but standar-
who cares?

But kamigawa was good. Hating kamigawa is just a meme, right guys? Right??

Kamigawa was spot on... flavor and art wise. Really underpowered block, even with Jitte in it.

I meant the aftermath split cards. Those are instant AND sorcery.

Each split card is one card. Each card returns a "yes" or a "no."

I don't know.

Through the Breach, Goryo's Vengeance, Azusa, Jitte, Top, Kiki-Jiki, Gifts Ungiven are all pretty major players as top end, with a lot of solid role players in cards like Boseiju, Kira, Great Glass Spinner, the Shoals, Lava Spike in there.

Actually other than some assorted legendary lands that might be it, but that's a solid resume

When burn is finally introduced to all colors Red will still have the advantage of being the only color that deals direct damage to all opponents.

and yes, this IS real.

also the weirdest Walker design in years.

Pretty cool.

wat

unironically good, especially for some temur energy upgrade

I think it was just underpowered given that it proceeded the fucking powerhouse that was mirrodin and then ravnica follwed kamigawa bro. It didnt offer a great deal to the meta at the time beside a few choice rares and its mechanics were largely self contained (but not inherently awful). Its a real shame becasue wizards didnt play it safe and made a real concerted effort to design interesting and unique cards. Half the reason modern sets are so bland is because wizards is scared of kamigawas negetive reception and try not to go out on a limb anymore. I feel sorry for kamigawa and would love to see them take another stab at it once more with feeling. And dont play it safe you do

Am I getting baited here. Didn't they push Nissa as solo green on purpose?

Fuck off nissa, we already have a UG walker and she has way better flavor than this.

This is pretty wild

Source?

That said, it's interesting design, and not automatically in a bad way. She also survives the bolt test at x=2.

Don't see a home yet for her in standard but something could pop up.

>It's not enough that she usurps Garruk, she has to steal from Kiora as well
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Damn this is good. The 0 ability will be extremely broken in the right deck

So, a good 3 mana walker? Luck involved, but if you kept hitting on your topdecking she'll be insane.

So if she and Chandra hook up does that make them RUG munchers?

she's real

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/x-factor-planeswalker-edition-2017-04-11

DAMMIT CARL-okay actually that one was clever.

>3 Gideons
>3 Nissas
>3 Lilianas
>3 Chandras
Hell, this doesn't even look like a Nissa card but they had to make it a Nissa because the Gatewatch needs MORE exposure

At least based Jace only has 1 card even if that's just because they don't want to give blue any good card

Why is UG SO cancerous

>Nissa "I'm sure the Eldrazi will just leave" Revane
>U identity

>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/x-factor-planeswalker-edition-2017-04-11
N-NANI?

They said starting with Amonkhet they're pulling off the gas on putting the Gatewatch 5 on so many Planeswalker cards.

And don't count the intro packs, those things aren't playable they're meant for new players to have some fun.

If this is real that means there are going to be four Nissa planeswalker cards in standard. That pretty fucking ridiculous.

I knew it was coming so I'm not really surprised as such

But Jesus fucking Chirst, with this there's 4 (FOUR) Nissas legal in standard fucking STOP Wizards we don't need any more, she's not an interesting character please fuck off.

Hour of Devastation* excuse me

Rhonas the Indomitable 2G
Legendary Creature - God
Deathtouch, indestructable
Can't attack or block unless you control another creature with 4 or more power.
2G: Another target creature gets +2+0 and trample until the end of turn.
5/5

Seems ridiculously easy to turn on like the white one

Only in EDH though. It's not really a powerhouse in other formats

People only meme on Kamigawa because it wasn't strong enough to bring Affinity or Tooth & Nail to heel.

I am so fucking sick of the gatewatch now man. Every set forever and ever a hundred years forever gatewatch until the end of time just you me and gideon for ever a hundred times gatewatch

If we don't count Planeswalker decks that still makes
>2 Chandras
>2 Gideons
>3 Nissas
>2 Lilianas

But yeah, no need to complain about it when they've already started to fix the issue

Green is the easiest to get online considering the number of 4 and 5+ power creatures available.

I don't hate it, easy as fuck to turn on

TOQUE MORTAL

Heart of Kiran counts. You could be swinging with it and Snake God on turn 4 pretty easily.

Turn 2 Heart, Turn 3 Snake swing with heart, Turn 4 Scrounger swing both

>Green god is by far the best one
what did wotc mean by this?

>Seems ridiculously easy to turn on like the white one
basically he have an auto-enabler ability

>right deck
By default, green and blue have the best top deck manipulation in EDH. Top (+ fetches and green ramp spells to shuffle the top 3 if they're bad), Worldly Tutor, Brainstorm, Ponder, and Preordain. Momir Vig, Kruphix and Vorel love her too.

Death touch is worthless on a giant indestructible creature, at least he seems easy to enable

T1: any one drop
T2: Exemplar of Strength, counters on the 1-drop
T3: This

Amonkhet was a mistake. I didn't think it was possible for them to screw up an egyptian themed set, but here we are. Not even a fucking native planeswalker. WotC is officially creatively bankrupt.

Shittier gravecrawler but ill take it

NO STEP ON SNEK