Could someone please help me interpret what the following means? And how would you translate it into the later editions?

Could someone please help me interpret what the following means? And how would you translate it into the later editions?

AC -6; MV 15; THAC0 -10; AT 5/2; Dmg 3d10+18 (great long sword +6, +10 STR, +2 spec. bonus in any sword) or 2d10+15 (long bow +5, +10 STR)
MR 90%
Saves PPDM 2, RSW 3, PP 4, BW 4, Sp 4

Looks like no one wants to.

Does THAC0 -10 mean the worst at hitting or the best? Why the fuck is it a negative modifier?

Would mean the best. For example, if the THAC0 was 3, then on a d20 the player would need to roll 3 or higher to hit an opponent with AC0.

Seeing that no one else has talked about it, I might as well. God dammit. AC-6 would mean that he's wearing something similar to +6 full plate armor with a shield (in the older editions, the lower your armor class the better with negative armor classes being fucking amazing), MV would be movement, so he would move 15 feet? (I'm rusty), AT is attacks per turn, so five attacks and then 2 attacks, then five attacks again. DMG is simple, since that's damage. MR is magic resistance, which as you see is 90% immunity to magic. The Saves throws are also simple. PPDM is (I believe) posion and death spells, which he would save on a 2 or better (if his magic immunity doesn't stop the spell), RSW is rods,staves and wands (anything from those three things) and he saves 3 or better (magic resistance applies). PP is petrifaction (or is PPDM petrifaction and death magic while PP is poision? Hmmmm). BW is breath weapons and Sp is spells (which both BW and SP have to go through the magic resistance before saves apply).

>AT is attacks per turn, so five attacks and then 2 attacks, then five attacks
I am also real rusty but didn't /2 mean every 2 turns so 5/2 was three one round then 2 the next?

AC would be 26 (AC 0 = AC 20)
ToH would be +30 (Thac0 20 = +/-0)

Saves are a bit harder to translate because you need to roll over numbers with a d20 to succeed.

What is the monster template ? An angel ?

Forgot to mention that thac0 10 means = +10 and thac0 0 = +20.

Shit, I think you're right. I'm going to find my books and take a look.

To hit ac 0 means that if you have thac0 20 you need to roll 20 on the d20 to hit ac 0 with in newer editions is ac 20.

Don't ask me why they did it this way, i have only played a couple of AD&D 1ed adventures.

Yes it means you make:
1: 2 Attacks
2: 2 Attacks
3: 1 Attack
4: 2 Attacks
ect

Pretty sure even angels aren't as broken as op.

I just asumed because of his pic

He's stating a god.

Oh shit it's Corellon.

Thanks very much everyone, you've all been a huge help.

Ac -6
Fucking hard to hit
Mv 15
Average speed
Thac0 -10
Never fucking misses
Att 5/2
Makes lots of attacks
Dam 3d10 +15 or 2d10+15
Hits like a fucking train
"Great Long Sword +6"
Makes up it's own damn equipment because it feels like it
MR 90%
Magic almost never fucking works on it
Saves: really low numbers
Almost never fails a save

That's what that means.

>MV would be movement, so he would move 15 feet? (I'm rusty)

Not quite. He would move 15 inches on the map. Dungeon maps and outdoor maps used to be drawn to different scales, so outdoors everyone would move faster (and all their weapons and abilities would have a longer range.)

15 inches is quite good, if I remember, especially for someone who seems to be wearing such heavy armor. An unencumbered humanoid usually has a speed in the 12-14" range, and an adventurer carrying the usual armor and baggage would be more like 6"-9"

This is a good thread, not gonna lie.

>You're faster out doors and spells go further.
This never made sense to me about this edition. What the fuck is it about being out doors that makes me faster? It's not terrain, as both dungeons and wilderness have dangerous terrain.
Honestly I hated the survivalist book

>What the fuck is it about being out doors that makes me faster?
It's assumed you could move faster because you aren't watching your back every X seconds, and because roads and such existed.
If you were not traveling in clear land, you would take penalties to your MV, iirc.

What would this mean in terms of indoor areas?

It would mean that tsr just let any schmuck write a book and that towards the end of its life, 2e had just as much bloat as it's bastard son, 3.5
Seriously, by the end of it, why bother being anything other than a magic user. People talk about caster supremacyin 3.5 but 2e was just as bad. Not to mention you had these moronic DMs who insisted on using every fucking book ever making the game into a mess of hundreds of optional rules that made everything into shit.

Then you had good DMs who would say core only and be open to consideration if of players wanted to use rules outside those and they would borrow optional rules as needed that fit the flavor and feel of the game. Rest in peace Paul.

>AC -6
>THAC0 -10
Holy monkey dicks!

???

EXACTLY! This motherfucker is ridiculously preposterous!

It means against an AC of -10 he hits on a roll of 0 or better.

Exactly why I had to call down the monkey dicks! Fucking dude can't miss.

Good call then.