Have you ever accidentally fucked up your D&D game, Veeky Forums?

Have you ever accidentally fucked up your D&D game, Veeky Forums?

>run game
>have "friend"
>accidentally refer to them by their "dead name" at the game
>person they brought with them didn't know
>they both storm out
>tons of cunty text messages

fuck you ryan

That's what you get for being friends with trannies.

Ouch, that sucks, man. Must have been awkward.

C'mon dude, that's hilarious.

I would have say that on purpose.

What?

Enjoy your libtards.

What is a "dead name"? I don't play 5e.

It's not from 5e.
It means a name a transsexual had before changing sex.

Now roll for how much Corruption points you got from learning that.

I mean, you could've probably made a joke about how it's just a nickname. There was no way that should've spiraled out of control so fast.

Oh it should have. It was seriously the best possible turn of events.

I mean, if they're so retarded that they freak out the moment you mention the name instead of keeping their cool, they're probably already shitty people anyway. Better sooner than later.

Lets see how much corruption indeed

Too much, evidently.

>Western values

>literally always says "hey ladies and gentlemen" whenever I enter a room regardless if what the gender of the people in the room actually is
>the only two people who arrived for our campaign so far was the GM's girlfriend and the tranny
>tranny spends the whole knight bitching that I said gentlemen

ITT: Things that only happened on /pol/

It's my belief that trannies aren't inherently shitty people, but it's hard to like any them because of how defensive they get over nothing.

Options, not name.

Sage.

If you treat other people's feelings like nothing, it's easy to understand why they'd be unamused by your behavior.

You accepted that risk when you decided to play with the mentally ill.

if people immediately assume any accidental lapse is intentional malice it becomes all the harder to feel them worthy of respect

they don't respect me enough to accept apology, that much is clear, so if they won't accept an apology why should I change my conduct? respect is slowly earned and easily lost

>Trannies
>Even Once
We need to revoke their human rights and reduce them to the narcissistic Human sex slaves they are by existence and definition.

Their crime is one of existing, they should lie underfoot.

>guy does the same greeting every single time
>tranny takes this as a fucking crusade against them instead of realizing that not everything revolves around their mental state

I want to say that never happened... yeah, I'm going to say that never happened.

>if people immediately assume any accidental lapse is intentional malice it becomes all the harder to feel them worthy of respect
This

This shit happens pretty often with hons. You never see it from people who actually pass.
It's just ugly people having a chip on their shoulder as usual. Just gets amplified by their inherent psychosis.

>"dead name"

Does this actually make sense linguistically?

Always attribute to ignorance before malice.

OP, if that is what happened, it is not you who fucked a game. It's that idiot who got upset because of stupid mistake. If you are smart, never play with that person again. Screw that unstable person.

Language is just a social construct. It can make whatever sense mongoloid goblins want it to make. Unfortunately.

I actually thought that by a "dead name" he spoiled someones death in game.

>It's my belief that trannies aren't inherently shitty people
Mine too, but they're trying their best to convince me otherwise.

RIP my English lessons. Why did I bother going through the effort to learn a new language properly if the natives don't bother using it properly?

Because 3/4 of the world population needs to be gassed.

I used to believe that as well. Experience taught me otherwise. It was a bitter lesson.

In other words, you're choosing to insult them out of intentional malice, and you're taking a self-righteous position because they treat it as such.

They're shitty people when they're still transitioning. All those hormones and changes accompanied by mood swings are a weird fucking balance. Once they're full crossed over to the other side they tend to balance out and you would never know. But before that like holy fuck it's a fucking battleground with any form of discussion.

Gassing people just seems like an inefficient and expensive way of genocide.

>reading comprehension score: 2
either that or your just a mentally deranged tranny... that's an oxymoron, I know

>if people immediately assume any accidental lapse is intentional malice
read that part again since you apparently need to

You know who cares about your fee fees? Your shrink, and he gets paid for it.

We decide what is proper, foreign scum.

It's a rare sight to see some one bending over backwards so hard in order to appear the victim.

It's actually really sad. I didn't need this today user, I have a job interview to go to later.

Read the rest of the post. He's talking about a hypothetical situation which doesn't apply to him, and using it to judge how people react to his actual actions. It's a standard they-would-anyway excuse to deny responsibility for one's own behavior, and like most cases, he refuses to actually prove his assertion in favor of using it as an excuse to continue behaving in a way that justifies others' negative reactions..

Eh, details. You can put in your preferred way of indescriminate genocide .

This story is not very related but I'll post it anyway, sue me.
A player in my first group left the game after a discussion on veganism (he was the only 40 year old in a group of mostly teenagers and he wasn't even vegan himself). Then the game died because the DM went to another country.

Not really. Lots of people hate transsexuals and deliberately insist on insulting their identities as a matter of principle, but like to play the victim because the people they hate are "overreacting" to something they don't actually do. It's hard to tell how they people they hate are actually reacting, because they're so sensitive that being corrected is like an ear-splitting scream to them, but they usually make it clear that they're knowingly and deliberately misbehaving while still trying to deny their own responsibility for their actions.

What's the big deal of people making an accidental mistake over who or what you are or your background? It happens, just politely and gently educate them or have some fun and mess with their heads.

People hear me speak online and keep thinking i'm British, I'm Australian but after a while I just went along with it. One dude even thought I was from Boston. What?

Your friend sucks. Even if you don't have any malicious intent, it's fairly easy to fuck up on names and pronouns with trans people. As a faggot that has gone to faggot support groups, it's just a thing that happens, and people get over it because no one means anything by it. Though to be fair, I'm pretty sure everyone's just mad because of the setting it occurred in and the stuff it caused, rather than over the thing itself.

Wow, what a nice way to avoid that game.

>Lots of people hate transsexuals and deliberately insist on insulting their identities as a matter of principle
So? Is this suppose to be a bad thing?

Friend was transgendered. When they make the change their original name is considered a "dead" name.

>For ex. Brian goes MtF and becomes Christina.
>I see "her" and say, "Wassup Brian"
>dead named.

I like the story, but I don't really see what it has to do with D&D.

you can't sage an individual post dipshit.

Do trannies make their new name sound similar to their old name or do they go for wildly different names?
ex: Bryan- Briana, Tom -> Tomantha or some shit

If I was a tranny, I'd just let my parents pick my new name. Seems appropriate.

If I slip up and say "dude" to a MtF tranny, it's not because I have an issue with them being trans, it's because I refer to all my friends as dude, regardless of their sex.

I understand that this is 2017 and being offended over nothing is in right now but I want you to know, most people don't give a fuck about your sexual status unless you make it a point to advertise how much of transsexual you are in public.

That's actually the only thing he can sage, since sage only affects his own post.

Oh god, this is the worst. I call EVERYONE dude or man. I call my own mother dude but it's always trannies that freak out about it.

I'm not sure what to think about the name change, but personally I will never refer to a trans person with their 'preferred' pronouns. I would feel guilty about feeding their delusion, and the sooner they wake up to their mental illness the better.

>Tomantha

But why? Delusions are fun. Don't you like roleplaying?

It's more like larping.

>trannys
>not mentally ill snowflakes that need serious psychological help
pick one and only one

Sure, but I don't actually believe I'm an elf in real life.

That happened to me in a Games Workshop store. My old buddy from young childhood who used to play 40k with me came to tag along on a pretty busy Saturday. I was playing one of the older guys in the store who I get along with. Me and the old guy have a lot of banter back and forth so people enjoy standing around our games because it turns into a giant roast fest.

My friend decided to join in on the roasting and accidentally outed me as trans in the process. I think the only reason it didn't go over worse is because most people already suspected it, so I got to gloss over it easily with a "I hope you guys don't mind" and everyone pretty much shrugged with indifference or said they don't care. We quickly went back to roasting each other's army choices and poor decisions.

>person they brought with them didn't know
If that person they brought with was a potential lover or a crush they were waiting to tell, I would be pretty upset too. I like to feel out if the person even has any interest in me and then I tell them before it goes anywhere. Maybe your friend was trying to feel out the interest before telling.

That said, being friends with anyone complicated is always going to result in some sort of eventual drama at the gaming table. That's partly why I don't hang out with the people at the game stores. I go there to play and have fun, not to sit there and listen to them whine about their life for 4 hours while we play.

>A believable tranny playing 40k

>It means a name a transsexual had before changing sex.
Then OP's story makes even less sense, because it implies that his friend's friend was fooled by a tranny.

>be good friends with somebody
>they become a tranny one day
>have no problem with that, but every time I think of having a conversation with them always fuck up the gender and know I'll do it in realityland too
>cease all contact with good friend in fear of offending them
this is fine

Prescriptivists are just the worst.

>I like the story, but I don't really see what it has to do with D&D.
OP needed a pretense to make a /pol/ thread on Veeky Forums.

If you are a man that wants to cut off his dick and be called a woman you obviously aren't mentally stable.

Thanks for chipping in with that informed and original opinion.

What if you're a woman that wants to cut of her dick and be called a woman?

how often do you have a conversation with someone and refer to them in the third person?

cause second person (i.e "you" i.e. the one you use when you're talking with somebody) is gender neutral in English

As someone named Ryan. I've met a couple of girls named Ryan. Even dated one because that was really hot to me for some reason.

Why change your name if you got a good one?

If you have a dick you're not a woman.

>woman
>has a dick

And this is why you only play with real friends

That's a non-sequitur.

>costs literally nothing to call someone by a different word
>would make them more comfortable
>still refuse to do it because "it's not correct"

this is what Lawful Evil looks like

It sounds like the issue was that the person the friend brought with them didn't know they were transgender and objected to it enough to storm out, but reading comprehension is for libtards

It's more that it's fucking silly, marks a person as obviously mentally unstable, and is just... why the fuck would I associate with mentally disturbet people when I can hang around normal nerds and avoid all the fucking drama?

>implying
I'm actually an ork, hope everyone will greet me with a nice WAAAGH!

I'll start using gender-neutral pronouns when people can agree on what the fuck they are.
Parse that however you like.

>people are responsible to make me comfortable
Your mom sucking my dick would make me comfortable.

>foreign exchange student asks you to call him mark instead of ping
>you refer to him as ping every single time because it's "correct"
>he gets upset
>"lol ur so mentally unstable because ping is correct and you asking me to refer to you in any other way is enabling your SICK fake identity"

>costs literally nothing to call things what they are
>makes everything less confusing
>still refuses to do it because "what if someone dislikes it"

this is what Neutral Evil looks like

>Veeky Forums is so triggered by transgenders that they missed the part where a presumably "normal" guy stormed out first because their friend turned out to be transgender

Sn-snowflakes, all of em!

I'll take this shit seriously when LGBTQAIBBQY2K()--3+ goes back down to 3 letters.

>they missed the part where a presumably "normal" guy stormed out first
>first

Where did you get that?

The problem is that a lot of trannies end up being getting caught up in the "I'm special olympics" where they keep looking for more and more excuses to be offended, uncomfortable, and generally triggered.

I'll call you whatever you want but if you get mad when I call you "dude," when I refer to everyone I know as "dude," then that's the point where I stop being understanding and start pushing buttons just to see how far I can go before you fuck off.

>I want to date guys but I get triggered if they leave just because they found out about my 'female' penis

>It's more that it's fucking silly

I think lots of shit is fucking silly

I think veganism is pointless, but if I have dinner with my vegan friend I don't bring a steak to their kitchen and eat it in front of them

I think religion is crazy, but when my Christian friend joins a Sunday session late because they were at Church, I don't paint a pentagram on my door in goat blood

I think joining the U.S. military is a bad idea, but when my enlisted friends bitch about their shitty posts, I don't burn an American flag on the spot

People have different ideas and you won't always agree with them. Learning to get along anyway is part of being a goddamn adult.

Why even say any other name than Mark then, smartypants?

Read the OP again, user. The friend brought someone who didn't know.

Nothing in the OP refers to the second person being a date.

>the rules are the rules, and the rules must be followed
Sounds more LN to me m8.

When I don't know how to call them I always go back to Bumblee, Hotrod, Optimus, etc

>any of these being comparable with misusing a pronoun
At least you didn't try a food analogy.

They hate themselves enough that they want to pump their body full of hormones and get massive surgical alterations because they believe it will bring them the peace they can't find within themselves. Of course they're shitty people.

No it doesn't, but it's easy to connect seeing his reaction.