Why is it that certain people won't play against an unpainted army

I love the game, but i hate painting.
The painted figures i have suck and i was fine with having them either the clean or just a black primer. At least they didn't look shit then.

But then nobody want's to play against me because i don't have a painted army or in the progress of painting them.

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>But then nobody want's to play against me because i don't have a painted army or in the progress of painting them.
Solution: give them a very basic paint job. A lot of tutorial for ez pz paint theme that you can quickly do.

Or you can just keep not painting your minis and cry that you have no friends on 4chin.

>Solution: give them a very basic paint job. A lot of tutorial for ez pz paint theme that you can quickly do.

Cereally.

OP, even if you are terrible at painting, and don't enjoy it, you can still have presentable miniatures which take a very short time to paint. You will appreciate your figures much more, and might even learn to enjoy painting. Nobody really enjoys something they're bad at, and nobody is good at painting when they begin.

Just paint the basecoat colors, then apply a wash/shade. That's it. It won't look great, but still presentable, and much better than bare plastic or metal. If you want to go further, apply a single layer of highlights or drybrush over the shade.

Method A:

Paint everything the colors you want them to be, then shade them with a relevant shade coat. Citadel shades work well for this. You can then optionally paint another coat of the original base color over raised areas and edges.

Method B (even quicker):

Paint everything the colors you want them to be, only using slightly lighter colors than you want them to be in the final product. Then, apply a single coat of Army Painter Quickshade (I'd recommend the soft or medium) over the whole figure. Done!

shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=1

: )

Then the people you play with don't care about fun. Next time you see them ask why.

Drop some coin and send em off to a studio. Most have surprisingly decent prices for their basic, but still better than 70% of opponents you'll encounter, painting quality.

Edit-

And always remember: Don't use paint directly from the pot. It should be mixed with a bit of water so that it has a consistency similar to whole milk.

Black primered/bare figures are no fun, user.

All waacfag use greytides.
All fun players have painted armies

fuck off i'm not playing against some waac current meta faggot army put together from shit ebay buys and proxy models.

I choose to play people who take pride in their army and have spent time and effort putting it together.

Have had more enjoyable and varied games once I enforced this rule on myself.

Try it yourself you might be surprised.

two thin coats.

>Always remembah

ftfy

I second this post.

No one who plays games for fun has an unpainted army in my experience, only the worst players don't paint

Painting your army is half the hobby.

There is a stigma that unpainted armies tend to be powergaming builds. Unpainted riptides are a major red flag, for instance.

It also breaks the fun of the game. It just isn't as satisfying to have my fully painted khorne berserkers charge into the all-gray guardsman of the gray regiment from the planet unpainted.

And more importantly, it's the principle of Your Dudes. Take some pride in your dudes.

>Why is it that certain people won't play against an unpainted army
Because you're a lazy piece of shit, and you should fucking kill yourself.

Because miniatures gaming is a craft hobby. The people who play generally do because they like their toys: the process of assembly/painting, creativity and customization of making them your own, and the tactile and visual appeal of having them on the table in front of you. The game itself is an arena for players to enjoy pushing around their thingamabobs.

It's like car meets. Gearheads want to talk about the stuff they do to their cars; they're going to be uninterested if all you have to say about your vehicle is what dealership you bought it at.

Dat gramma knows shit's about to go south.

>Work long hours and far from home.
>Family constantly on my back bitching about anything and everything.
>Slowly losing friends as I spend more time working then I do hanging out.
>Become depressed and slightly insomniac.
>Discover Minature painting.
>Enjoy it.
>Suddenly start feeling better, finally sleeping and getting a good nights rest.
>Painting becomes my therapy and start looking up tutorials on how to improve.
>Paint every Blood Angel Marine individually because I enjoy making them look unique.

And then I go to my FLGS

>Half the players just glue (poorly) their models together, not even filing down the mold lines. Or just give it a primer coat.
>They keep asking me when I will have my 1850pt army ready so I can play against their Tau/Eldar armies.
>Tell them that it's gonna be awhile because I am very particular in how I display my minis and want to play with a fully painted force.
>"user, no one cares if you have a painted army unless it's the club championship and ecen then just throw e colours on your minis. No need to put so much effort into something that isn't going to win anyways."

I think my FLGS is shit.

If you are not interested in the hobby side of tt games you should probably just play games where that isn't part of it or what's the point?

Oh god, I'm so sorry.

Consider getting out of 40k and into historicals.

You're a good dude, user.

Swap your LGSes with the OP? :v
I like you. Keep painting. Also, post some pics.

This is never, ever, the solution.

Why would you even say a thing like that, what the fuck is wrong with you?

>Wait, what's this? You put *brass* buttons on the tunics of the 8598th Uhlan Fusiliers at the Battle of Craggy Pines in June 1734? You fucking asshole, everyone knows they had *bronze* buttons until August!

Don't listen to them. They're cunts

Because you don't care about the actual hobby and just want to play games

Sell your models and get board games if you just want to play games.

Or give up and pay a painting service to paint your army for you.

GW jumped the shark a decade ago. It's a sinking ship full of soulless profiteering rats.

Get out while you still can.

Naw, conversions are half the hobby.

You guys are missing out. I've never met a turbo-autist button counter like that.

In fact, my experiences away from GW stores and players has been grand. The players are older and the atmosphere more relaxed.

And I get to explore historical periods I'm interested in through the medium of my hobby.

Now you need to kitbash the two halves together.

Cunt detected

Cunt detected

man i got major hate when i came to a game stating that i'll be running the cassius kill team seperately to my CAD.

When i got my army for the match out and they saw that everything was painted and even with custom basing, the hate turned into admiration.

Having your stuff painted shows a certain level of patience and dedication, which are required for tabletops.
Nobody wants to play an impulsive fuckhead who misreads 9 of 10 basic rules