WHICH ONE WILL SEE MORE CONSTRUCTED PLAY?

>WHICH ONE WILL SEE MORE CONSTRUCTED PLAY?

strawpoll.me/12726209

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LctEhdASHk4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My money's on Nissa, but Gideon may be better for Standard specifically. Nissa is delicious in Commander, though. I don't see either getting much play in other formats.

Nissa is overhyped.

nissa isnt that great, I can definitely see gideon being good in standard

It's exceedingly dependent on what gets banned.
If it's just Saheeli and/or Felidar, then it'll be Gideon solely because people will be playing Gideon Tribal because they can.
If Ally of Zendikar gets the hammer as well, it's a tossup.
If Heart of Kiran goes, it's probably Nissa by a small amount.
I don't see them not banning some part of copycat, and there's likely going to be other things getting hammered as well.

I hope they don't ban felidar guardian especially when they're releasing a cat lord in Amonkhet.

If anything, Ally of Zendikar, Heart of Kiran and Saheeli all being banned might diversify the format.

Gideon is gonna be better in Standard, Nissa is gonna be better in Modern.

The only modern deck I see Nissa fitting into is Bant Eldrazi, but I don't think they'll be playing her.

If the transformed Gideon is dealt damage does he lose counters? If so, it's trash.

>is dealt damage
>prevent all damage
How are you dealing damage to him if all of it is prevented?
That line of text is on all Gideons, by the way.
If the answer is 'with a card that says damage can't be prevented this turn/this damage can't be prevented', then yes, he loses counters. And only in that situation.

but eldrazi love Nissa

nissa seems terible in modern, for 3 mana you get a scry 2 or a chance at hitting a land/1 mana creature (likely a birds/hierarch). Regardless, she still dies to bolt. If you are spending more mana, you may as well just be playing a better 4/5/6 drop

What? Hell no, they would not ban a card that's rotating in six mo-
>Stoneforge
Shiiiieeeeet.

If Heart of Kiran and Copycat are still legal, Nissa is 1000% unplayable in Standard, and I don't think nu-Gideon is where you want to be either

assuming that there are some bans, i think Gideon is definitely going to see play and Nissa is much more dependent on a specific deck being good

>3 Gideons
>3 Chandras
>F O U R (4) NISSAS

Apparently wizards has heard enough compaints that they will stop doing this shit in the next set they are designing, but man I can't believe that Jace no longer is the over printed walker by such a nasty margin

I hope that's true.

It is true, but it's not going to affect any sets for like a year, because Wizards are retarded.

So the good news is that we should have a nice Standard format that's not dominated by Gatewatch mythics by 2019 or so

Nissa will see more play in commander (GU best color pair). She MIGHT edge her way into standard but it's really hard to argue against a deck that runs 8 of the best planeswalker in standard.

just pulled The Original Tarmogoyf from Future Sight booster youtu.be/LctEhdASHk4

>Jace no longer is the over printed walker by such a nasty margin

As of Amonkhet:
>Chandra
>Jace, Liliana, Nissa, Ajani
>Gideon

>>Non-Gatewatch
>Garruk
>Sarkhan, Sorin, Tezzeret
>Elspeth
>Tamiyo, Kiora, Nahiri, Nixilis, Daretti
>Bolas, Koth, Venser, Karn, Tibalt, Vraska, Domri, Ral, Ashiok, Xenagos, Dack, Ugin, Narset, Teferi, Freyalise, Arlinn, Kaya, Dovin, Saheeli

Amazing how the blandness of a character is directly correlated to the number of cards they've gotten.

jace, bolas, ajani, and karn are the characters with the most development and depth. If anything your complaint should be adressed to the walkers who simply exist for relationships like chandra or the fact every other walker is a walking plot device instead of actually being characters like gideon or nissa.