GM wants to run pic related. I've never played a 2d20 game. What should I expect...

GM wants to run pic related. I've never played a 2d20 game. What should I expect? What does Veeky Forums have to say about this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/174829/Robert-E-Howards-CONAN-Roleplaying-Game-Quickstart
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If tg has nothing to say, then the game is good. Tg only complains.

Post a pdf link princess, how the fuck can we judge something we don't know anything about because nobody's ever heard of it

Always nice to meet a newcomer. Welcome to the hobby.

post a link or fuck off retard

This

I never played it or any 2d20 game. My best advice is to ensure that you:
Crush your enemies
See them driven before you
Enjoy the lamentations of their women

Remember to get on board with the Momentum/Heat economy. Those pools should be in a constant state of flux.

Sorry, Heat's Infinity. It's Doom in Conan.

>no pdf
>weird bullshit posts
Wow, someone's really shilling their shit game on Veeky Forums?

Damn, you must be desperate.

>weird posts
Did you miss:
>I never played it or any 2d20 game. My best advice is to ensure that you:
>Crush your enemies
>See them driven before you
>Enjoy the lamentations of their women

You must've never seen Conan the Barbarian...

Veeky Forums is all about shitting on stuff that they've never tried.

Stop begging. Posting a link isn't a prerequisite for asking a question. Anyone giving a review that soon after getting the pdf is wasting everyone's time.

Plus the link is way too easy to find for anyone with more than shit for brains.

post a link or fuck off retard

no u

I would post links to all three of the books released to bakers so far, but you're a real cunt, so all you get is the quickstart.

drivethrurpg.com/product/174829/Robert-E-Howards-CONAN-Roleplaying-Game-Quickstart

> Entitled kiddie throwing tantrum

You're pathetic.

He's new... he also wouldn't remember Bitches for Thulsa Doom.

post a link or fuck off, retarded shill you're the one trying to sell your dogshit either sample it out or go fuck yourself. conan isn't even your property ya piece of shit, how fucking dare you call someone else entitled while you hawk the corpse of something good wrapped in some crayon scribbled trash you wrote

>if I shout shill enough people will believe it!

Cry some more.

>if I call stating a fact calmly shouting maybe someone will take my side

>calmly
Hue

I'd play this game based solely on the fact that it hasn't gotten into whatever circles this obvious twat frequents.

No you wouldn't and nobody else would either. Your game is trash and you are a failure.

>No you wouldn't and nobody else would either.
>over 4000 backers

pick one

Sick burn bro. Got some more?

'Sup, /v/?

wait.... based on 's response... what if the ranting autist IS the shill and is trying to get people to buy, or at least play, the game out of pure spite....

>the shills are pissed

It's the new way to sell things in a spite-based economy.

>retarded shill actually comes right out and says that they consider a buyer's market a "spite based economy"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Game is new. Almost nobody has played it. I still haven't gotten my Kickstarter copy in the mail.

From the PDF though, it seems like a fairly narrative system.

>narrative
lol dropped

Eh. I'll give it a go when my copy gets in the mail.

Honestly I mostly got in on the Kickstarter for the "all the Mongoose Conan books" reward and for the adventure and setting books for this system that I backed the PDFs of.

I don't know enough about the system yet to know if I'll like it, but skimming it makes me think it's more like FFG Star Wars than it is like Runequest.

As said, game is new. Not many people have played it so far. You're unlikely to get many reviews at this point.

nice try, definitely not playing this trash now that you let slip that it's another shit narrative game though

I don't give a shit what you play, you're not in my gaming group.

OP asked about the thing I Kickstartered, so I posted in the thread with what I know about it.

That you actually think everyone is 'muh samefag' despite being able to see right on the fucking page that this thread has 11 people in it only makes you look like an idiot.

If you want to skim the book for yourself without paying for it, then check the share thread on seven chan or search the 4plebs archive like everyone else.

But nobody gives a rats ass whether you will play it or not, and frankly you sound like one of those obnoxious twats who show up in threads and whine about how nobody will play dnd with them because they're ThatGuy - which is to say, I don't don't believe you actually play *anything* at all.

>the share thread on seven chan
That one's been nuked. Gotta use the PDF share thread here or on 8.

Narrative games can be good for people who like roleplaying over rules. The problem is that only a tiny minority of players are like that. Most people want GOOD rules that give them satisfaction for in game achievements. Which is why most D&D derivatives focus on the nitty gritty of loot and treasure but skip out on other mechanics.

I found the pdf in under a minute. Get off your lazy ass and go look.

I've run a playtest of it at a convention. It's very fiddly and strongly encourages metagaming. Sometimes you want to intentionally not dodge or parry incoming attacks so that the GM will get fewer Doom points. It's hard to challenge the players while still staying within the rules. It's especially hard to seriously threaten a PC in heavy armor and a shield, which is odd considering what it's based off of.

>inb4 someone saying Conan wore armor in "The Pleasure Prison of the B;thuvian Demon Whore" or whatever

Conan wore armor quite often, usually scale or chain mail.

And yet in every single image of him, including the cover of this very rpg, he's stripped to the waist.

Anyway, if someone writes >inb4 that means you shouldn't reply with exactly wbat he was predicting.

Thats mostly cause of Frazetta who loved muscled dudes and it stuck. In most stories he wears a chain shirt and gets his arms scratched up.

This.

But really, can I get those PDFs? Ignore the meanies at the top of the thread.

The momentum mechanic and combat dice are really pretty fun, though the Doom mechanic feels a bit weak.

It's effects per Doom point are all over the place, and require someone to really know exactly how they plan to use them if they don't want to have the effect be useless.

/#F!pBE1hYSK!DQKqkQgl8vs5mV9qaIWDnw!BYlnWCRA
On mega, here is the game.

Yeah, conan wore armor in most of the stories. He just lost it a lot usually to a combination of drinking, gambling, and prostitutes.

>A 7chan thread got an actual DMCA takedown request.
Woah.

Why isn't there a 7plebs archive of sevenchantg?