/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: →

>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/do-me-a-favor-prince-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
If you could make a new clan/bloodline for Vampire the Masquerade, what would it be? Bonus points if you include a signature discipline.

Other urls found in this thread:

vekn.net/card-lists/370-anthology
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/werewolf-the-forsaken/988291-werewolves-and-the-astral-wat-do
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e2jG3LEsmBhxMV5icoCWpsty-Yqkf7h2SNesOHlfGoo/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I apologize, OP, I don't play VtM, turned away from that back in '01 when the hot goth chicks stopped playing it.

What the fuck happened to the last thread?

Troll was starting shit, and rather than deleting the troll, guy killed the whole goddamn thread.
I was actually stunned for a moment, haven't seen that kind of scorched earth bullshit since the /wst/ nonsense.

Hi.
I'm going to play VtM for the first time this weekend.
I was thinking about playing a malkavian, because someone told me something about Malkavians being able to alter reality, but I can't find anything in the matter, except a power called "Deny".
Could any of you help me out, where can I find a bit more detailed description about this "reality altering" stuff?

>I was thinking about playing a malkavian
Do not.
It will end poorly for you, and involve aggravation for everyone else.
Further, you were lied to, Chymistry alters reality, to a point.

IIRC there's a 10-dot Chimerstry (Ravnos) power called "Reality" that basically lets you control how people perceive reality.

I guess some leftie mod was seriously triggered.

Don't bring it back, cuntwaffle.

Malkavians are not really able to "alter reality" in any way... that's more the Ravnos clan's speciality, though only at the higher levels.

See, the Malkavians' clan discipline is Dementation: it's basically "I turn people insane in various ways".

The Ravnos have Chimerstry, which is used to craft illusions and such. At the higher levels (Methuslah-rated vamps and above, which is not something you'll ever probably see), Chimerstry can be used to essentially obliterate people or objects out of space and time by making an illusion so powerful that the universe itself will believe it, if enough successes are garnered on the roll.

But anyways, if you're playing a malkavian for the first time, remember that malkavians are insane. Not Looney Tunes insane in the "run up and slap them with a fish"-way, but rather insane in a "the voices tell me that I have to murder someone every full moon, otherwise the world will end"-way.

So, y'know, roleplay your Malkavian as creepy and demented, rather than "oh lol im so random, lullerskates, roflmao".

do you guys think we can go a whole without a Vampirefag-Magefag pissing contest?

thanks to the guy who posted geist stories last thread

I can't seem to figure this out, I'm new to WtA and made a character the other day [for a game that's probably not going to happen] and got kind of stuck on using freebie points. Most of it was straight forward, except for the buying of gifts, it doesn't really say anything about buying off-auspice gifts with your freebie points, it just says that in order to buy a gift with freebie points you'd need to spend 7 freebie points to do it.

can a ragabash buy falling touch at creation? or an auhron buy mother's touch? did I miss something?

No, sadly.

>do you guys think we can go a whole without a Vampirefag-Magefag pissing contest?

At that rate, I might as well read the OPP forums.

Well I posted this in the last thread right as it died. So I'm going to repost it.
The hedge is part of the Fallen world. And DaveB has mentioned that in his own head cannon the hedge is barrier the mages have to pass to go from dreaming to their personal soul.

While I honestly love that, it doesn't give with what I have planned for Arcadia. So don't use it.

*go with

Thoughts on this idea?

Demon: the Descent game, set in Luoyang, capital of Han China, in 184. Because China is one of the only places in the world with a complex bureaucracy at this point, the God-Machine uses that as essentially one massive piece of infrastructure, or as a lot of smaller pieces of infrastructure working together, depending on your perspective. This is when the Yellow Turban Rebellion is starting, and in the coming decades the empire is going to collapse into the Three Kingdoms.
The players can't see the future, but the writing is on the wall; the bureaucracy has gotten too complicated for its own good. The players watch the God-Machine struggle desperately to maintain the empire, and (depending on their own proclivities) either help put on end to the empire or take advantage of the ensuing chaos for their own ends.

Should note that this was inspired by the Three Kingdoms dark eras chapter but I think Changeling is lame and the ideas for a Geist game it presents seem pretty one-dimensional.

At character creation, you can only buy gifts that correspond to your character's breed, auspice and tribe, even when using freebie points.

Out-of-tribe gifts and such are generally meant to be acquired through gameplay and storytelling, and is generally not intended for new characters: the game kinda assumes you'd be a young werewolf looking for glory (or whatever is appropriate), rather than an already-hardened veteran with loads of out-of-tribe connections.

Do you have the link to Dave's post about the Hedge?

>nWoD 2e
just making a touch attack against in opponent doesn't subtract defense?

vekn.net/card-lists/370-anthology

Probably only one other person in these threads cares, but new Anthology set preview is up on VEKN.

It's nice to have a new printed set out there but I'm kinda bummed about tap/untap being replaced with lock/unlock, and changing the card backs again is kinda lame.

Anyone here ever play Exalted? How does it compare to World of Darkness?

How can vampires even compete?

Yeah here.
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/werewolf-the-forsaken/988291-werewolves-and-the-astral-wat-do

thanks

specifically thinking about the ragabash getting their hands on falling touch might make for an interesting character aspiration as a trickster expanding the tools in their arsenal

SJW's and leftists have ruined blacks for me. Everytime I see a black person in any media I now think of politics and that he might just be there for political points. I even played black characters sometimes before the world went mad, I'd just feel uncomfortable doing that now.

Vtes is/was honestly the best CCG. Can't believe it, and most others, lost to fucking MAGIC of all games.

To just touch him in combat? No defense penalty.

So ive been interested on WoD and CoD for a while now, and i really enjoy reading about a lot of the lore and background, but i have a really dumb question i can't find an explicit answer on.

Is there a core rulebook for either WoD or CoD, and then i get the other books to branch of from there? Or if i buy just the book with the creatures/stuff i am interested will i have everything i need to play?

CofD's core rule book is simply named World of Darkness, supplemented by a book called the God Machine Chronicle. you'll probably at least need the core and the supplement around if you don't read them cover to cover because they do things like foot chases and such that splat core books don't cover. I'm sure it's pretty similar for oWoD/20

Old World of Darkness had separate rules for everything
NWoD/CofD 1e had a core rulebook + supplements for each splat. 2e moved back to the model of only needing 1 book.

thanks

Thanks for the quick replies. Very helpful

What did (you) mean by this?

come play via lackey, there's too few of us. Also pick related is best weapon.

>2e moved back to the model of only needing 1 book.

So why would I need the Chronicles of Darkness corebook then? I mean, just to play regular non-Hunter humans or something?

I can't just see a black character, like the man in the picture i quoted, and think 'cool pic'. Because of all the gender and race politics, and the many cases of actual blatant political injections (Like Null Snyper and the whole of beast), my mind now immediately wanders to those topics and ruin it.

Basically. I think there are a few rules specific to that book but they're not critical. The book also contains the God Machine Chronicle.

That is not a hunting rifle.

Also, I prefer to play with my IRL friends, I had the luck that we found a store online that sold a lot of unopened boxes last year for not too bad a price, so me and my friends are sitting on a lot of cards we've collected over the years. We have like 12 clans or so with a fair amount of cards if we count all of us, but we kind of burned out on the game last year, played it too much. Perhaps we'll pick it up again in the future, it sucks that some clans are basically impossible to get ahold of though (like Lasombra).

The lazy fucks didn't even change the cover, huh? They should've just stuck a big fucking owl on there.

Did he say "reality busting"? Because Malkavians tend to have very different perspectives and a tradition of inflicting them on everyone else through inexplicable scheming and stunts. They called it that sometimes when they wanted it to sound more serious than "pranking".

I would try to incorporate Jiang Shi, probably has a Ventrue bloodline. Maybe has a failed attempt to take over the East in the 18th century?
>signature discipline
Ferventis, make you jump real good.

Did you mean sniper rifle? Only works with wall decks. Salubri antitribu with melee weapons is crazy. You'll be burning guys in combat, not just torping them. Also they have pic related. Just play like 10-15 of them and get all of the love in the table.

>Cao Cao: The Rising
I'd play that shit.
>prevent Cao Ang's death at Wancheng, preventing that sop Cao Pi from coming to power
>eliminate the Three Kingdom's era from history

Ah, I meant the deer rifle. That fucker is cheap and gives a free maneuver, really annoying to face if you (like me) often rely on cards for maneuvers.

The sniper rifle is pretty good, but has the problem of being scary/annoying, so the vamp will be targeted with all kinds of crap just to neutralize him quick either for actual game reasons or for the annoyance-factor.

Also, lol yeah, our games have devolved into bounce/reduce-fests plenty of times.

Then you realize that the problem is you, and your following those who tell you that a "minority" in any kind of public position is an "agenda".

I played Malk 94 vs a Saulot deck as prey that had like 30 of these last weekend, it was brutal.

Hey there was a vampfag here the other week that wanted to make a day walker bloodline. I got a idea of how to implement it.

Have their Blessing and Bane be synced.

Bloodline gift: When the sun begins to rise the vampire may spend 1 vitae to suppress the beast allowing him to ignore the call of daysleep and the lethargic condition. furthermore while the beast is suppressed the vampire's blood potency is treated as 0, allowing them to walk in daylight once more.

Bloodline bane: Suppressing the beast comes at a great cost. While walking in day the vampire is limited to spending their Stamina in vitae for the entire day and may only spend 1 vitae per turn.
Furthermore when the beast is suppressed it takes the vampire's humanity with it. During any day the vampire stays awake as well as the following night, the vampire's humanity for the purposes of banes is reduced by the same amount their vampire's blood potency was reduced by. (For example a blood potency 4 vampire with 6 humanity is treated as having 2 humanity for banes.)

The problem is not just me, there very clearly is an actual agenda in several places in the media, that would be foolish to deny. It's just that it ruins it for actual well-placed minorities.

Do not say that there is not an agenda...
> Black James Bond
> Black Mannerheim
> Black N from Death note
> Black norse god in Thor
> Black female Iron man
> Female Thor
> Mexican Spider man
> Null Snyper will be my sole example fron WoD, though I could throw in most of CofD here
> Black protag of the Dark Tower
> Black Hermonie
> etc etc

*L, been a while

>has the problem of being scary/annoying
Most annoying ranged weapon is probably pic related imo

Deer rifle is fine with some ammo stuff. Though of all the ranged weapons I prefer saturday night special and ivory bow. And that's only when playing ahrimanes. They have the best maneuvers. Swiftness of the stag and leapfrog are insanely good.
Vtes is just such a ballsy game. I have this fun type deck I like to play, that I call alley snakes. Crypt is only aabbt kindred and the main idea is for them to go get sport bikes, leather jackets, nightsticks and in combat they target vitals. The win condition is anarch revolt and smiling jack.

>> Mexican Spider man
surely you're not shittalking Migs of spiderman 2099

I think 30 might be going a bit overboard, but if it's saulot+ weenie and saulot giving them the aus/fort prevent and just staying up and going through hth on everyone, then that might be cool(rage inducing).

they have a name for that
get mad

What are your favorite discipline combinations in vtes? I like anything aus+fort. I'm really fond of harbingers. Also obf+aus horde is fun if I want to try hard. Out of the big guys saulot and capuchin are my husbandos.

So simple even Elder can figure it out!

Dom + anything

No one cares
Take your shit somewhere else retard

You know, I was thinking that it was incorrect, then I reread the character creation section in W20 and couldn't find any reference to starting with out of Breed/Auspice/Tribe Gifts.
Personally I'd allow you to start with one "out" Gift if you could make up a cool story for how your character earned it, which could be difficultwithout overdoing it considering starting werewolv es are barely out of their Rite of Passage.

I agree with you entirely, but you're still causing a problem by letting it get to you. They WANT you to focus on race. If they can make you froth at the mouth and start screaming whenever you see a black character, they've won, because they've made you into what they claim you are without having to make themselves look bad.

This. It doesn't matter what the actual reasons are for your reaction; they can just point to somebody having fits about black people or trans people or black trans people or what the fuck ever showing up and say haha look at this triggered MRA shitlord.

This I've always wanted to try a Tem + Pre deck

Does anyone have a PDF of Geist: The Sin-Eaters 1.1? Apparently the version in the Megabin is 1.0 and I hear it's full of errors and can't find any errata, nor can I find 1.1 anywhere. I'm running a NWoD game and would like to include as many splats as possible.
Thanks.

>Geist

Delet this

In a Post Gehenna scenario, which clans would rise up to become the most dominant? I was thinking.

Gangrel: They survive. It's what they do.

Ventrue: Their antediluvian is already dead. Not much changes for them.

Nosferatu: Their antediluvian fucking hates them. They get blown the fuck out.

Setites: Also get blown the fuck out.

Tremere: Cosmic justice calls for the blood wizards to get fucked in one way or another.

Toreador: Being pretty won't save them.

Giovanni: Augustus gets fucked up. Giovanni get BTFO.

Brujah: Survive through it more or less.The righteous indignation of their site cracking skulls and all that shit.

Tzimisce and Lasombra: Like the idea of these two becoming something far more horrifying than the average cainite.

Ravnos: All things considered, I think they got off pretty good by comparison.

Samedi: Fills the void left by the nossie.

Caitiff: Make up an overwhelming majority of the population.

It's a Hunter game, not a Geist one, so it's okay if the mechanics are a little fucky. I'd just like to have the cell deal with them.

The Tremere goyim and the Giovanni have to be killed for their obvious Jewish ways. Or in typical WOD fashion you can make retribution just out of their reach. Set and the True Brujah are retards too, an ideal world would show them getting what they had coming to them. Also fuck the rules. Caine dies for his daddy issues.

This is totally useless for 2e, right?
Does anyone have a 2e style one?

He probably means Miles Morales.

>Tem + Pre deck
>whole crypt is Scarce
>whole crypt is Capacity 8+
absolute madman

>Hunter

I dunno what your problem with Hunter is, but the game's been going strong for a while now, using the splat books for monsters

>This is totally useless for 2e, right?
Yes.
>Does anyone have a 2e style one?
No. But the 2e core has a handy summery in the back.

>the game's been going strong for a while now

Damn. I was hoping for a charming chart to print out for my game.

>Mage 2e Quick Reference

Hello Everyone.
I was wondering if I could get some expert Eyes to look over my character Sheet and tell me if everything is in line, and works?
I should mention that the ST gave us 1 dot of Cabal (Pylon) Theme for free because of how well we did putting it together. And the time we spent researching our theme.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e2jG3LEsmBhxMV5icoCWpsty-Yqkf7h2SNesOHlfGoo/edit?usp=sharing

I turned on Comments to make it easy to make notes.

Fuck off, /pol/
>t.Trump voting /k/ommando

Yes but we have to have political talk instead. Make your choice.

Help the new Mage Player with his character? That's an option you know.

Political talk.

I'd rather hear /pol/ talk.

That's what magefags have done to me.

I think the proposed mage antagonist from the last thread was rather blatant proof that Mage is leagues above Vampire in every conceivable way.

It's annoying that one of the main three game-lines is also among the strongest three

Honestly I'm not sure about your back story. Helping people to help themselves isn't much of a seer virtue.

You mentioned getting the Cabal Theme for free. Seer characters get the dot of Occult as well as High Speech and Status 1 for free, right? Since you spent 5 merit dots on gnosis, and you got those 3 dots for free, you should have a total of 8, but you have 7. I think you have another dot to spend.

>It's annoying that one of the main three game-lines is also among the strongest three

???

What's the status on that Beast rewrite?

you mean
>UNDERESTIMAGING at its finest

Core Three
>Requiem
>Forsaken
>Awakening

Big Three
>Descent
>Curse
>Awakening

Notice Mage having a spot in both trinities?
They're also the only splat with a god-tier Template, the Archmasters.

Dude, you're swinging the pendulum too far the other way. Yeah, all of this shit happened and it's awful but the tack that you've taken amounts to allowing these people to define you.

And that means that you've lost. You will be whatever they expect you to be.

They bet on big Hail Mary rituals when everything starts waking up because their oldest members are little baby methuselahs, it blows up, scattered survivors are hounded by Baali and Skulls.

The baddie had the following stats
>Gnosis 6
>Death 5 Fate 5 Matter 4 Forces 3 Time 1
>Bokor Legacy

This isn't even close to "underestimaging"
The vampires in this scenario are fucking done for.

What kind of monster do you want to see get a splat?

Seers get Status 1 Free? I didn't know that.

Changeling is popular enough for it to be considered the fourth of the classical three.

Umm...What? I don't see anything in the history section that mentions helping others help themselves. He's a Lawyer. He'll help people get a divorce and a good alimony payment.

He does Pro bono work at the shelter his sister was murdered at in order to entice the gang that killed her to come back after him as he ruins their members lives.

But nothing there says Helping other hep themselves. Though this is version 3.11 of this character and he was originally an Obrimos who's day Job was as a motivational speaker.