I am planning a not!poland campaign. How would you go about this? What features should I add to the world...

I am planning a not!poland campaign. How would you go about this? What features should I add to the world? I currently run Polish geographical names i a country in the middle of great kingdom and expanding empire. Should i add a not!lithuania as well?

As for monsters, magic and whatnot, what should i add besides witcher stuff?

Also, how would pic related fare in a zombie apocalypse. Would it just be conjunction 2.0?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Liberty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How would you go about this?

Poland was
>Russian Colony
>Nazi playground
>ONE NATION ONCE AGAIN
>Split up between the Czar, the Empra and Prussia
>Swedes up my ass
>A GREAT COMMONWEALTH
>DEUS VULT territory

Pick one, for starters.

Alright...
Czar, emprah, Prussia?
What period, 19'th century?

>What period, 19'th century?
18th-19th century.

Basically after the 30 Year's War the internationalist nobility cockblocked each other until Poland's neighbours walked in and cut up the cake.

Wikipedia has some choice bits from the period
>Frederick II retaliated by ordering enough Polish currency counterfeited to severely affect the Polish economy.

+10 to removing kebab

Have it be invaded by most of Europe, including the Swiss. ESPECIALLY the Swiss.

Big thing about Poland compared to rest of Europe was 10% of nobility instead of 1-2%.

There were a lot of lesser nobles with a lot of factions not liking each other.

And the 5% top nobles were filthy rich compered even to western Europe. To the point they were like some Saudi sheiks when visiting the west.

Seeing how the Habsburgs originally are from Switzerland, most of Europe and large parts of the world have been invaded by them.

Reminder to not let the Swedes into your country. They'll even steal your trees.

Poland was a huge, powerful country in the Commonwealth period (late Middle Ages - 18th century).
Main production was always food, Poland has always had very good farming grounds, forests and rivers. It was also a clash of cultures spot, as it was a Roman Catholic Slavic country, with non-Slavs to the west, pagan or Orthodox Slavs to the east and Ottomans to the south.
The elite unit would obviously be a heavy cavalry type. Nobility should have a lot more power and liberty than you'd expect, to the point where they can elect the king rather than having a typical dynasty succession.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Liberty

I suggest having Cossack raiders as the equivalent to orcs.

Of course if you want a true Polish experience, the Ukrainian orcs must be more stupid and prone to genocide.

>Main production was always food

Reminder that they annually herded animals across Europe. Polish cowboys were a thing, though they also herded pigs.

>what should i add besides witcher stuff?
The Witcher pretty much mined out all of Polish mythology, there isn't that much left since Polanii slavs never wrote down that much.

You should definitely have leski and Farming/Harvest Magic.

Fun fact Tsar used personal income tax of 5% on every worker as a form of repression for a failed uprising.
"Free" "Democratic" Poland now has 19%, with additional taxes to feed government officials pretending to manage pension funds and healthcare system.

Here's a "credit ticket" aka real money.
You could walk in to any Bank and the cashier would exchange any amount of them for gold.
Falsification of them was penalized with taking away your citizenship and lifetime of hard labor in siberia.

>people paying for govt. services is more oppressive than a monarch extorting money for his own gain

you could have just posted >mu freedoms!!!
and saved some time shithead

And as an aftermath of the Swedish Deluge, Naked-Nobility appeared, privileged class with political impact but no wealth, who quickly figured out you can sell your privilege for wealth. (^:

>Polish deathcamps where you need to wait months for an appointment
>ZUS actually paying any money to people born after 1970
Polskojęzyczna Wspólnoto Rozbójnicza, idć stąd.

Add Not!Hungarians. Not!Hungarians live to the south of the southern mountain ranges and have cordial relations with the Not!Poles. The noble families have been intermarrying for centuries, their armies have fought against mutual enemies on numerous occasions and so forth.

Korwin, why are you awake? Shouldn't you be asleep?

Plot twist - this shit never happend IRL. Not even close. The only time there were any Polish-Hungarian relationship, it was when their king inherited Polish crown and shitted on it for 15 years of utter neglect, because he realised it was impossible to manage two countries at once roughtly 30 years too late. Oh, and that time when Hungarians gladly used Polish idiots to fight for Hungarian freedom, which is the sole reason of the "Hungarian brothers" propaganda bullshit.
Anyone who tells you otherwise knows jack shit about Polish history and/or is some deluded right-wing ponny.

More of a Braun and Michalkiewicz guy, but keep trying, one day you might even call yourself European, or better yet "world citizen"!

>More of a Braun and Michalkiewicz guy
Meanwhile you will never be able to call yourself a human, so go figure
Back to /pol/, Pollack.

This is bullshit, Switzerland's history is a big Tom&Jerry cartoon where the Habsburgs are Tom and Switzerland is Jerry. It's true though that the Swiss invaded every known country, but only because they were absolutely unstoppable mercenaries.

You should add a sub-fraction of insecure failures who hate the rest of the country and at every occasion attempts to betray or undermine the country in a futile attempt to change their national identity (^:

Also please add a faction of 60IQ idiots with delusions of grandeur who would sacrifice anything and anyone to protect "muh precious country", which is ironically only threatened by themselves.

The twist is that it's the ruling class.

Ruling class is naked-nobility with no redeeming qualities where one baits for muh european identity, the other rebuilds PRL.

If anyone has any resources on pre-christian Polish pagan religion and mythology, not!Catholics vs. Underground Pagans would be an interesting dynamic as well as provide monsters.

You could also transfer different parts of Polish history around, have peasant Home Army uprisings with brutal urban combat scenarios in the not!NaziOccupiedPoland portion of the country behind the frontlines of the giant war going on.

user, their ancestral castle stands in the Aargau, which is located in the upper middle of Switzerland.

That's the only fact you know about the Habsburgs, isn't it?

>peasant
>Home Army
I guess you mean People's Army. Home Army was made out predominately out of young people brainwashed by the interwar government into believing in some bullshit about God, honor and homeland and how great it is to die for that crap, making it all that easier for commies to take over after those retards threw themselves on German guns for no reason other than "muh patriotism".
Meanwhile People's Army was busy looting shit useful for their stead when they will have one, and also killing anyone who wasn't red enough and not stealing the shit already in the process of being looted by Red Army.

It's funny how in the end People's Army looks less retarded, even if it was made out of clinically-retarded idiots.

OP here. Man, thanks for the input. It is a great help with creating the setting. I can feel that confict is boiling about Poland, conflict that can be used in the setting.

Leski? Is it another spelling of Leshen? What exactly is farming magic?

I sense a conflict emerging in the seeting...

I was referring to not!Polish peasants in OP's setting forming a fictional Home Army-esque formation.

You seem to want to discuss your opinion on Polish history instead of contributing anything to the thread.

Grimdark as fuck campaign set in not-WW2. Players are part of fallen kingdom last resistance force, their kingdom already lost, the allied kingdoms abandoned them. They are stuck between not-nazis and not-commies yet they are still struggling in this hopeless battle. Replace nazis and commies with some dark forces and make it as metal as you can.

Thread would be nicer without /pol/tards shitting it

My setting's Not-Poland is Bothia and Not-Lithuania is Laeningia. If remember correctly, Laeningia is an old name for that region or it's inhabitants.

>not!poland campaign
>notnotpoland campaign
>poland campaign
By making it exactly poland

Just fucking transplant the commonwealth at the height of it's power into faerun or something

I want to know more about Poland version of vaqueros, were they used as light cavalry like in Spain in times of war?

Lion of Lechistan was really good at kebab removal.

>Golden Liberty
Fuck that part. It's mostly because of this shit that Poland disappeared for 123 years until WWI.

>God, Honor and Homeland
>bullshit

There are Poles that are on Veeky Forums right now. They don't take kindly to calling this part bullshit.

He belongs to the polish-speaking brigand community.
"citizen of the world" or "хaзяин миpa".

These guys will never catch a break with this kind of bullshit.

Good, the only break they deserve is kneecaps.
if they don't like it they're free to leave to be an "European" elsewhere.

Agreed. Preferably with a mace to said kneecaps.

This is what Europe has become with this whole political correctness and other bullshit that is ruining it.

Good thing Poland and a number of other Easter-European countries have their common sense and don't let in immigrants. Instead they want to help them in the latter's own countries instead of "inviting them" in as Germany did. Poland and co. ain't got any problems (and will probably don't have in a veeeery long time), while the rest of Europe is suffering from kebab. No pity here, since the west did this to themselves and Germany is to blame here.

Problem with poland is that government is still filled with ex-soviets or soviet "friends".
Also inteligenzanktion and Katyń took its toll.
Whatever's left of intellectual elites is carefully hidden away from public sight.

Good thing that SLOWLY it's getting better. But it's still a looooong way before the current government will fix all of this.

The ex-soviets and soviet "friends" are loosing their grip, yet still have it in certain branches. ESPECIALLY UNIVERSITIES.

Wolsung is a polish steampunk game
Of course it's both not'poland and not'19thcentury

Kurwa that sucked
Again

2/3

3/3
Also /pol/ pls leave

>Also /pol/ pls leave
Right after tumblr leaves.

>Right after tumblr leaves.
What's the fucking difference?

>FINALLY WE ARE FREE OF BEING RUSSIAN COLONIES
>Time to pick up where we left off, circa 1920, back before we rid our lands of Jews and Germans for good

Honestly, in sheer numbers, there isn't even a refugee crisis. Maybe around five percent of everybody displaced even reach us and the numbers in the EU relocation program are ridiculously low. Like they're telling Austria that it's doing a fine job by taking in fifty people.

FIFTY.

That's not even a homeopatic dose. Fricking Germany probably had more blacks than that during world war 2.

The main issue we're facing is that getting rid of them's kinda hard because those we really do not want nobody else wants either and we're currently fresh out of dictators who'd kill them for us.

>Germans
Nah. Let them be, but slap them in the face if they try to whitewash themselves or talk shit. Also fuck Jugendamt.

>Jews
From my P.O.V. most of the ones after WWII are commie traitors that executed Country Army soldiers when commies waltzed in and turned Poland into another of their satellite countries. A whole lot of those judges that were giving away death sentences were Jews, it can be looked up in the national history database of Poland since the documents on those times are there.

>What's the fucking difference?
The choice of buzzwords.

>jest ONRu spadkobiercą partia

As the old Polish saying goes:
Graveyards all over the world are full of heroes

So kindly go die in some heroic fashion, probably during some football match fight of some 3rd rate club or similar event. It's actually amazing you or your retarded brethen speak English at all, after all why should such true Pole like you need any languages other than Polish? Isn't that nothing else than being "European"?

If there is anything more than I despise than current "government", then it's the right-wing ponnies like you. Because the only thing further right than cunts like you is a fucking wall.

I'm just pointing out there are two such organisation. If you are planning to use peasants, you can't use Home Army. It's that simple. You need naive inteligentsia and impoverished nobility to make their ranks.
Using peasants to represent the last remnant of noble class in not!Poland is like making non!Italians eat taco.

Nice projection.
And every Radio Maryja listener is a brainwashed granny with a beret?

>translating "kuc"
>government in brackets,
what makes them illegitimate? (^:

Go yell about democracy in brussels or something, get out of Veeky Forums

Everyone must say kurwa atleast once in each sentence. Everyone in not!lithuania has "aitis" at the end of their name

>Translating
>Not knowing "right-wing ponny" predates "kuc" by over a decade
Nice newfaggotry you've got there

They are perfectly legitimate.
But being legitimate doesn't makes them any less of a joke.

Thanks to polish-speaking brigand community they'll be in charge forever, because .Nowotworowa and KOD are a fucking joke you can point to
>we might be bad, but do you want THESE retards in charge

This is your mindset.

>Fantasy Poland ideas thread, cool!
>Check in
>/pol/-tier shitlifting by literal /pol/lacks

The self-hating libcuck had to come in and start shit.

>Implying this is not reverse
>Implying there will be any elections at all
>Implying anyone at all gives a fuck

Be gentle or you'll trigger them

Well, I guess this at least was more novel than the usual White Anglo-Saxon US American shitposting...

>It's their fault, I swear!
>It's everybody's fault, but mine!
Typical /pol/ doing crossposting. Anyone got the pancake comics?

Don't you know /pol/ is the new International? Regardless of country, you are going to hear the same bullshit about Jewish conspiracy, libcucks and femnazis destroying the world with political correctness.
Nathan Holm would be proud.

>Nathan Holn
Here, ftfy, but I had my kek

>stormniggers are furfags
That is retarded and you should feel bad for projecting so much you furry liberal

Here is your (You).

And seriously, how new to Veeky Forums are you?

Only newfags cause others of being newfags

Only Pollacks can't into English... or was that space?
Alternatively, there was too much reading for your tiny Pollack brain, so you focused on the title.

Not back to I'm still amazed janitors didn't prune the entire thread.

>And every Radio Maryja listener is a brainwashed granny with a beret?
>Implying that's not true
Unless of course you want to point out there are also brainwashed grandpas

i bet you consider Wojewódzki to be funny and clever.

It's also unplayable shit that tries so hard at being funny and quirky it's just painful
It's a fucking disgrace one of the worst games made in Poland is also the only Polish tabletop with English translation

>dude why are people having different views and ideas reeeee, get out

Son, here is a clue - nobody gives a fuck about some obscure references you make to Polish politics.
This is Veeky Forums. You somehow confused it with /pol/. And effectively shitted up what could be half-decent thread with bullshit nobody asked for nor cares about.
If you and the other Pollack want to argue, go and meet each other, but stop shitposting

>Like they're telling Austria that it's doing a fine job by taking in fifty people.

Nigger, we did our part. Don't even start shit about this.

>Posting /pol/ bullshit on Veeky Forums
>Surprised people are angry or just tired

It's such a shame crystals of time never got translated

I want to see the OG of this picture. Provide please.

Are you referring to people from /pol/ or people from poland?

>Implying KaCet was worth anything else than book-burning
That's literally 3.PF cancer you are talking about. Not sure if you were even around when it was still played, but you just can't be serious with that game being exported

In case of this particular thread, this overlaps

>but you just can't be serious with that game being exported

You saw through me.
On top of being a bad system the setting is just so cringeworthy

The setting is fine... if you are ok with running mega-dungeon and just pick bare basics from the setting itself.
The real cringe is the "continuation" Szydler published as a prose. Now THAT is shit-tier setting.

full kender campaign