Why doesn't WOTC let the community design at least like1 card a set? I think that'd be a really cool idea

Why doesn't WOTC let the community design at least like1 card a set? I think that'd be a really cool idea

Because then we would get good cards

It would be nice if not for the fact people usually don't have good idea what 'balance' is.

basically this.

Because it would probably be something other than a creature or 'walker.

But Waste Not is balanced???

Balance isn't the problem. R&D were heavily involved in the YMTC process and would decide costs and such. Or would give the community several options to choose from, with different P&T's or other slight variations to make up for it.

Besides, costing and balance is more of a developmental concern than one of design anyway.

>people thinking Waste Not wasn't just a fluke

This,we would have cards that could do something and we all know thats a no no for wizards

And also garbage. Waste of Time more like.

would you, Veeky Forums?

>community designs a set
>great fun in draft, lots of innovative concepts
>However, all cards are utter shit and don't work

It's shit, I'd play any "U: draw a card" before that.
And anyway, it's too verbose. You could have the same effect as
>Draw 2 cards, then put 2 cards from your hand on the bottom of your library in any order

Unless that was the joke, then... ok, pls don't explain it, that would ruin it even worse.

Here let me design a card for you Veeky Forums.

It's Cancel.

But hear me out.

It costs 1 less.

Sounds like ahmonkhet.

Already exists newfriend.

>Why doesn't WOTC let the community design at least like1 card a set?

Legal/Time reasons.

Fpbp

Because sometimes you get Crucible of Worlds. And other times you get Vanish Into Memory. Neither of which WotC wants to print.

>half of the amonkhet rares end up being shitty aftermath split cards or shitty cycling dual lands
yeah that's my kind of draft environment desu

Did Crucible of Worlds ever bust open standard?
Why would it be bad to reprint?

>being this dense

The ONE THING I dislike about Waste Not is its name.
That is not the name of a black card.
That is the name of a green card.

Green works with discard?

I didn't say the rest of the card. I said the name itself.
The card is very much black.
The name of the card is not.

should've been want not desu because nobody wants it

community-designed cards are almost entirely garbage

>community-created content
>good

Hahaha, no. What would happen is a few decent cards would see circulation on all the likely sites, and then the worst of the group would get sniped by Reddit where everyone upboats it because the creator is a chick or something. Design by committee is a horrible idea with today's social media, because it just becomes a popularity contest of the submitters and not the actual submissions.

It could still happen if the group of designs they picked to select from didn't have the entrants' names attached to them.
Yeah, some people could claim they designed one of them. Anyone could do that, though.

It's a shame that we can't go back to the good old days, when community design was able to lead to great, memorable cards like Forgotten Ancient. I guess Crucible of Worlds does count as a success though.

What they really ought to do is bring back the Invitational, because it's a fun tournament, and because pros are smart enough to snooker WotC into printing insanely good value creatures

Maro agrees with you on the Invitational. His bosses won't let him.