Hello, Veeky Forums, outsider here, with a basic but important question: Why are you doing this?

Hello, Veeky Forums, outsider here, with a basic but important question: Why are you doing this?

What's so fun about sitting around a table and talking/arguing about imaginary characters in imaginary worlds? Don't you have anything better to do with your life? How about you go outside and have a good time with actual people, if you know any. Tabletops aren't 'games', I've seen how they're played and, holy shit, it's the cringiest thing i've EVER seen.

What occurrence influenced your life so bad that you gave up on sports or other better forms of entertainment to sit around with a bunch of papers, wasting your time like that?

Not a bad attempt. Next time you make this thread, use a picture of a bunny.

Trust me.

Veeky Forums please stick to invading /cgl/

>and have a good time with actual people
but i do.
Unless my players are just a hallucination and if it's true i shouldn't probably go outside anyway.

Because why not?

Why am I... why. God! You're right! I was wasting my time all along.

Thank you so much.

what's so fun about reading a book or watching a movie, faggot troll OP?

>and, holy shit, it's the cringiest thing i've EVER seen.
... for u.

If you don't get it, you don't get it. People have been collaborating on stories, trading them, and sitting around all day imagining them for quite a bit, and other people have been baffled by how this constitutes a good time for just as long. How do you explain? Games are fun. Stories are fun. It's just a continuation of that.

You're either bait or just too ashamed to be yourself.
Go, do what you enjoy and don't go around calling people "cringe", it sounds stupid.

I've seen worse, Mr. FaggotTollOP, much worse.

Example: My wife will often go visit her mom. And just fucking sit there chatting away about the stupidest fucking bullshit ever. IMO, that's MUCH worse of a form of entertainment than TTGs.

Why are you doing this?

What's so fun about sitting at a computer and trolling anonymous users on an anime imageboard? Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

and the troll from /pol/'s heart grew three sizes that day. he stopped clenching his butthole for fear of the gay.

>What occurrence influenced your life so bad that you gave up on sports or other better forms of entertainment to sit around with a bunch of papers, wasting your time like that?

Fucking your cheap ass whore mom

Hey! I own that comic! Story actually kinda sucks DESU, but boy is it a quirky deadpool comic.

Yes.

k

Did you even read OP's post:
>Hello, Veeky Forums, outsider here

They're an outsider, trolls are generally native to whatever plane they're on, further more you have to burn trolls to deal with their HP regen while you can generally just banish an outsider.

How did you guys even pass your mandatory adventurer classes?

It is no different Fantasy Handegg or Basesball. And most players do go outside and have a good time with actual people, unless you are denying the humanity of the players as a group, as generally everyone to go to where you agree to play. Also youtuber attention whoring videos don't count, the attention whoring is what makes it cringe, it would be just as cringy if they were doing a Let's Play. And really if watching a handful of nerds is the cringiest thing you've ever seen on the internet, you're getting off lucky. The weeaboos put out far more cringe than the rpgers ever do.

I stopped playing D&D after 2E, so I always forget they're not called planars anymore.

I can't believe I'm taking this bait, but okay.

Tabletop games are a hobby, not a lifestyle. The fact that you don't personally enjoy them doesn't make them bad. You enjoy video games, I bet. Nothing wrong with that. The thing is, tabletop games offer a different set of ways to have fun.

Also, it's a few hours out of a week for most people. How is hanging out with friends and having a good time in THAT way worse than hanging out with friends and watching a football game? I, personally, hate sports (unless you count archery or shooting), but that doesn't mean you're somehow wrong for enjoying them.

They were outsiders before they were planars, and furthermore all outsiders are planars, but not all planars are outsiders - outsider is jsut a planar on the prime and has the creature type and is affected by magic that specifically affects outsiders.

>Don't you have anything better to do with your life?
I mean, I could practice the skills I'm hoping will support me, but other than that, no.

NORMIES LEAVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

People like what people like, OP, and if you find something enjoyable why not do it?

Also, most of those videos you see online of playing RPGs - no. No, find a real game where everybody's getting drunk off their asses and and giving each other shit. THAT's what this hobby's about, bullshitting with your mates around a central interest.

Here is some advice for your next bait thread, we're obviously spending time with actual people, given that they are required for the hobby. Instead try insulting the other people, and instead insist we spend time with less cringy people or something like that.

I mean I know this is bait, but a lot of retard normies have this same question, and the answer is super simple.

Life is mundane. It's boring, and oftentimes fucking sucks. RPGs are, when done right, an escape from that boring world into one far more fantastic. Even if it's just for a few hours, we feel above the ordinary, as actual characters in a much more amazing world.

tl;dr FUCKING NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hello, OP, fa/tg/uy here, with a basic but important question: Why are you doing this?

What's so fun about sitting at a computer and talking/arguing about what other people consider fun? Don't you have anything better to do with your life? How about you go outside and have a good time with actual people, if you know any. Shitposting isn't a 'game', I've seen how it's done and, holy shit, it's the cringiest thing i've EVER seen.

What occurrence influenced your life so bad that you gave up on sports or other better forms of entertainment to sit around by yourself, wasting your time like that?

>recognizing bait
>bumping
you stupid motherfuckers

It's hard to take you seriously. Go outside and do what, you stupid normie? Go to a bar to spend $80 on marked up alcohol and talk to 80 IQ slags about bad television series or their retarded political beliefs? Or perhaps I should pay a hundred dollars to watch some niggers crash into each other at high speed chasing a ball. That sounds like a find expenditure of my time.

Oh oh, wait, maybe I should PLAY sports. Except, right, I'm not a nigger and I'm not good at running into other people at high speed. What value does that skill bring in today's workplace, by the way? Maybe I'm a bit more cerebral than you, but group storytelling is a group activity as old as time, as is the unqualified judgment of low-information plebeian retards.

No I think I'll be fine where I am. You should go back to Plebbit, and take your gay emoji with you. Don't forget to catch the next season of Game of Thrones you fucking peasant.

What did OP mean by all this?

We bump shitty troll threads because these days they're the only fun to be had on the board.

so many buttblasted cringe peddit tier faggots. must be the same shitters who trashtalk MYFAROG. I browse this board often (worldbuilding hobby) but I agree with OP. he asked a genuine question and you offended little fag bitches dismiss him as a troll. u are literally worse than furry posters. what value does tg bring in today's workplace?

Somebody get this hothead outta here!

>Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

What are you doing for fun OP?

Fucking normie, get out

Bump

>have a good time with actual people
But the friends I play with are actual people
>What occurrence influenced your life so bad that you gave up on sports or other better forms of entertainment to sit around with a bunch of papers, wasting your time like that?
I run 60km a week, in the mountains. Your point ?

HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

Now I have to wonder if is actually worse than an unironic interpretation of OP.

Because Life is boring as shit and nothing brings me joy or happiness anymore in this life.

why is the bait in 2017 so weak?

The quality content creators all bailed after role-playing threads were banned on the role-playing board.

Creating a thread like this is a lot more cringey in my opinion.

You're implying I did. I hit the shooting range occasionally and take part in archery. As for you, you're shitposting on Veeky Forums.

ah, the famous rule that gets disrespected every day ?