What is THE most iconic MTG card? For me, serra angel fills me with nostalgia and is the most memorable card...

What is THE most iconic MTG card? For me, serra angel fills me with nostalgia and is the most memorable card. With counterspell/force of will sharing second

If we're talking most iconic in general than it is Black lotus even non MTG players know that it is valuable.

Among actual MTG players i think Eternal Witness is up there for me.

Played her in Tooth and Nail back in the day, my first competetive deck. 13 years have gone so fast.

I'd have agree with Serra Angel. Not only it had great art for the time, it was a powerhouse back then.

pic related comes second.

I have a signed Douglas Schuler Serra Angle. It's pretty baller.

Is this thread about just stuff that's iconic to us? If that's the case, I'd have to say Marrow-Gnawer. I loved the idea of a rat deck back when I was in high school, and I spent fucking forever after Kamigawa came out putting one together. Marrow-Gnawer was always my centerpiece.

Lighting Bolt
Goyf, Bob, Snappy
Jace
Power Nine
Doom Blade
Counterspell
Cantrinity
Full art Un-Lands

I'm 30. I remember in school seeing MTG for the first time and someone showed me this card. Cool as fuck for a grade 5 kid to see

I was always partial to Leviathan. It's just so amazingly ominous looking.

serra angel is a good one

craw wurm is another one for me, when my friends and i first started playing craw wurm was like THE big creature that struck fear into everyone else playing the game

miss those days

Swamp land card

Easily

> not even saying island

For ME? Akroma. So much fun was had reanimating her many years ago.

Pic related for me.

Or

This is the one that I think of when I think of old school Magic cards.

To me they're, in order, Black Lotus, Lightning Bolt and Serra Angel. Honorable mention to Counterspell.

I remember when that was $20 and duals were $5...

There was a sweet ass poster of ink-eyes in my lgs back when I played duel masters, it always felt iconic and stuck with me

Megatog had a poster too

This little guy.

Weird to think most people playing these days got into the game after this thing was printed.

I'm with you guys on the Serra, the Shivan and the lightning bolt, but for me it was this guy.
I was in Jr. High and he was the thing that helped me first play magic.

Old Roy Fokker was one for me.

Wild Mongrel.. oh those good times

Playing crazy Urza decks in school, meet a lot of people thanks to MTG, many of them are still my friends.

The creatures used in the 4th edition rulebook's examples. This guy, Benalish Hero and War Mammoth I used to think were basic parts of every white deck.

Thorn Elemental (foil 7th edition)

The OG bomb.

this

and for me, definitely avatar of woe. my brother had 2 of them that i always coveted

Most probably pic related. Even amongst other TCGs in general a mechanic of countering your opponent's cards before they hit the field is still rather novel to MTG.

I remember thinking FoW was too fucking expensive when it hit $5.

Mother FUCKING Black Lotus.
I've never seen a Black Lotus IRL, I've never seen a Black Lotus played in-game, and yet nevertheless it is the defining, quintessential card that MTG persists under, in memory and spirit. To hold a Black Lotus is to clutch the world.
Black Lotus is Magic and Magic is Black Lotus.

Any art of Dark Banishing.

Isnt the pic faggot supposed to be very iconic to MtG?

For me it's the Raging Goblin. The most iconic of Magic Cards.

35 000$ if I recall well

Kind of. He was on of the early marquee cards. But he was impossibly rare to get a hold of even when I started playing. Never reprinted and all.

>Nostalgia
Huh. Failed out of the gate. Looking for Iconic or memorable? Not the same thing.

>I've never seen a Black Lotus IRL, I've never seen a Black Lotus played in-game, every mother fucker, even ones that don't play MTG know what it is.
Wow. Correct. /Thread

>personal level - Great Furnace
>black - Doom Blade
>white - ???
>red - Lightning Bolt/Shock
>green - Llanowar Elves
>blue - Mana Leak/Cancel
>artifact - Moxen or Lotus

>"Ha, banishment? Be merciful, say ‘death,'
>For exile hath more terror in his look,
>Much more than death."
>—William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

I miss real-world flavor text.

Barring Black Lotus / Lightning Bolt / Time Walk, Silver Myr is most iconic for me personally.

I wish any Magic expansion were even half as noir as that mopey motherfucker.

I watched some kids play Magic way back in elementary school, before I got in to it this was the only card I remembered.

Akroma, Angel of wrath.
Broodstar.
Darksteel colossus.
Phytohydra.

Most of the Mirrodin/Darksteel/Fifth Dawn block.
Most of Scourge/Legions/Onslaught.

Invasion.

Too many to count.

First thing that comes to mind besides bolt, Lili, and, Jace.

I'm shocked no one posted this yet.

He used to be iconic and valuable because he was useful and rare. Then he got BTFO by Carnophage, Negator and Scuta. Now he's just a hard to get meme card.

Black Lotus is THE Magic card. It's a card everyone knows about if they ever heard anything about collectible card games.

If you go beyond that, all the cards that were heavily hyped, used in the early advertising or otherwise appeared a lot in art are pretty memorable and iconic.

Serra Angel, Hurloon Minotaur, Force of Nature, Shivan Dragon, Llanowar Elves, Sengir Vampire, Lord of the Pit and more all qualify.

Carnophage is another good one, actually.

This.

>Serra Angel, Shivan Dragon, & Sengir Vampire
These were the three icons when I started playing.
To date, my favorite move is still the first turn Sengir drop with two dark rituals.

Also not yet mentioned: Sol Ring.

Do you guys remember when Comedy Central used to air MtG commercials? This was during '99. First one I saw featured Raging Goblin. I'll always associate that card.

I have an oversized version of this guy. I wonder if its worth anything.

Path of exile should be there user.

Guys I think the answer is this. For some reason... I think it was like.. The strongest creature in some mono green precon? I've heard so many people mention this card.

Power Nine are iconic for everybody

Otherwise it depends on when you started playing.

bolt