Stat me, Veeky Forums

Stat me, Veeky Forums.

N/A

shit/10

Whatever you need her stats to be to achieve what you need at any given moment.

Shit-tier NPC from a shit-tier setting/10
Planescape was a mistake.

kek
Said no one who played it, ever. You're funny though, made me laugh.

If you could only have planescape OR spelljammer, which?

Primary Attribute: Un-stat-able.
Secondary Attribute: Deus Ex Machina.

There's a reason she doesn't have a stat block, you know.

If it has stats, we can kill it.

Leave her to me!

Initiative +20
The Lady of Pain's shadow falls on 1d3 characters per round, murdering them horribly.

HP: Yes
Defense: Fuck You
Attack: You Lose
Movement: Brisk walking pace

Can he punch his way out of the maze?

probably, which is why the Lady would just teleport him out of the city. Why bother picking a fight you can't win when removing him is simple?

What's bad about it?

Really, considering the nature of Sigil and the sting, the better question is what's a better alternative is.

Some neckbeards hate it because it's based on the conceptually inconsistent two-axis morality. Others hate it for snowflake-enabling.

I do remembered that she was given stats once, and that a successful hit against her auto-mazed you.

>Why bother picking a fight
Is also why Saitama would never attack her. Neither of them could be arsed.

Where.

I'd need to look for them. They must be somewhere on the net.

Give me a moment.

4e's setting did the "gods can't come here" and "interplanar trade zone" much better.

OK, found it. It was in Veeky Forums's archives.

Well, with that proof, you sure sold me! How could I have been so foolish....

Yahari 4e

[USER WAS MAZED FOR THIS POST]

Divine beings aren't allowed in Sigil, silly

I kind of wish the mods had enough of a sense of humor to do this.

>Retarded mary sue self-inserts aren't allowed in Sigil
ftfy

But the Lady of Pain is there.

The exception that enforces the rule...

Yep. No matter what happens, you get mazed.

I do wonder now. Does the Lady of Pain have any hobbies? Heard she has a lot of board games.

No, I meant u srs that they actually statted her.

OH. Yeah that is bizarre since she shouldn't have stats because a) she's practically an untouchable being that even gods fear and b) if someone did slay her that would equal the end of Sigil.

I guess you don't know what a deconstruction is...?

>unironically using "deconstruction" argument
Blegh

Mostly just High School level philosophy wankery. In my experience, the setting looks much better on paper than it actually is in play. Really the only time I've seen it actually be good in play was the fucking vidya.

I think at some point she was actually given an alignment of Lawful Neutral, as abominable as that sounds.

I want to say in "Expedition to the Demonweb Pits", a 3.5 update of "Queen of the Demonweb Pits" from 1e.

It's comedy, you tard. It's making fun of stories that revolve around characters like that, by putting an ironic, humorous spin on it.

It's also heresy, because it was a conscious choice not to stat the Lady in the original Planescape sources. She would probably not take kindly to being statted, actually -- it's a good thing she doesn't exist IRL, otherwi

>copies the anti-authoritarian voice of WoD while at the same time watering it down to PG levels
>also copies the whole Clan/Tribe/Tradition structure via the factions
>much of the in-character writing is atrocious, especially where cant is concerned
>doubly so for the MC entries written in cant
>marketed as NOT YOUR DADDY'S D&D
>uses Alignment because lol D&D but then shits on it because lol setting
>entire setting (Sigil) hinges upon the existence of an omnipotent plot device/mary sue (Lady of Pain)
>makes other planes equivalent to other countries and so cheapens their impact

What would happen in a three way brawl between the Lady of Pain (Planescape), Caine (Vampire: The Masquarade), and Togashi Yokuni (Legend of the Five Rings 1e). All three are statless entities that said to have ultimate "I Win" powers.

0 HP
(Wasted)

Everything you posted is wrong, and confirms you haven't actually read Planescape and are just parroting second hand memes.

Yeah its shit that she has stats but at the very least is automatic death to whomever she fights with 3x bloodied value of damage.

Alright, tell me how the hub city of Sigil as a neutral ground for all sorts of creatures and philosophy dweebs, can exist without LoP's "can defeat any god ever (except Vecna)" plot powers to enforce said neutrality.

Strictly inferior to the Invincible Overlord.

You tell me how an emotionless, faceless, completely unbending avatar of not fucking up the cosmic order, is a mary sue. She's a big fish in the pond without any character at all. She is not liked by anybody but actual loonies and she doesn't do anything unless you're being a cunt. How is any of that describe a mary sue?

What does she do to Minotaurs?

>he is not liked by anybody but actual loonies
Hey, that's most fans of Mary Sue works.
>she doesn't do anything unless you're being a cunt.
Hey, that's most antagonists in Mary Sue works.
>How is any of that describe a mary sue?
How *does. But yes, just about all of it.

>You tell me how an emotionless, [...] completely unbending avatar of not fucking up
Tit-for-tat Mary Sue.

>faceless
This one I'll cede.
Published Mary Sues tend to have plain faces (to better self insert).
Unpublished Mary Sues have a blizzard's worth of snowflake on their face.

An extremely long straight hallway.

That'd be a (shitty) labyrinth, not a maze.

Who cares?

Maze them.

The lady's Mazes are not really that big. A normal human can map it all in less than a month. For your average maze. Some are bigger some are smaller. Getting "Out" is more difficult then just finding the exit.
Finding the exit is one thing (Which any minotaur can do), opening it is another.

Awww....Show me on this Drizzt doll where the bad setting hurt you...

>Hey, that's most fans of Mary Sue works.
No, mary sues are liked by everybody immediately for no reason except by the antagonists. The majority of Sigil can recognize that LoP is necessary but don't fucking like her or are in any way comfortable around her.
>Mary Sues are emotionless
Fucking when and where? Mary sues are emotional as all hell and more annoying for it.
Do you even know where the term comes from?

2-axis alignment was a mistake.

Also. People have and do get out of maze ... often enough. A Gith in Sigil runs a business of mapping the lady's mazes and selling the maps. Even goes in and "Frees" people for a paid.
Probably is that it still takes time to escape, and you might not even pop back into the same time frame you left (rumored at least)

Why the lady doesn't maze her? Wibbly plot reasons.

Do it yourself, fag.

>>entire setting (Sigil)
You had me going until this one, good job.

I haven't heard of that third one. What's he all about?

The fact that you're confusing "parody" and "deconstruction" just shows what a dumb mouth-breather you are. Learn to actually speak instead of spewing buzzwords you barely understand you fucking troglodyte.

The Manual of the Planes, and ultimately Planescape were the only good things to ever come from 2-axis alignment.

Hawt/10

actually, how would you stat a bunch of squirrels in a costume?

The best thing, sure. But best doesn't mean good.

plot-device/10

>[USER WAS MAZED FOR THIS POST]

Honestly, I don't have a problem with her having stats. They're just worthless, as she's in situation where:
1-She is powerful enough that only greater dieties should stand a chance against her (hardly the only nondiety in the setting that can say the same)
and
2) Has found or created a spot where dieties cannot enter.

So not having stats mostly prevents some ass from trying to oneshot her with his OP level 15 ubercharger, ignoring the fact that any diety-level foe has a lot more going for them than just high AC and HP.

That said, no reason why you couldn't do an uberpowered ECL 70 game where the party teleports around ganking gods and ends up fighting Asmodeus and the LoP at the same time. Just not really a common thing (and would break the system anyway) so that group's GM can stat her out himself.

Deities don't enter Sigil because they're too afraid of being murderized by the LoP. There's only like 2 or 3 Overgods that are on the LoP's level.

Take your own advice. Parody is in the context of a particular IP, a deconstruction which OPM is, is in the context of a genre.

I'm not sure if even Ao can equal the LoP, at least in Sigil.
How does she have so much power there? Did she create it?

That's actually not true. There is such thing as "parody of a genre", which is different from "deconstruction".

No.

>75 posts in
>no owlbear pasta
I love you Veeky Forums
I forgive you for everything

Oh shit, you corrected user's grammatical error. By Internet Law that means you win the argument!

AO is the overgod of the realms crystal sphere, so just the Realms gods. Sigil is beyond the prime material plane where the crystal spheres reside. LoP is beyond all.

In the Pages of Pain novel she walks around invisibly molesting people

I'm not the same user who called it a deconstruction, you dipshit. I'm just someone who realizes you're an idiot.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

There are some characters that don't need stats

>HP 1432

1432? Any significance to that or just a random number?

Last time I played planescape my character would draw pictures of the lady and jizz onto them

YOU F*CKING LOSE

which is literally why anybody who worships her gets FUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

>Statting the Lady of Pain

further proof that 4e was written by newfags

>mistaking some dumbass's hurr I statted it mess for an official statblock

>OP WAS MAZED FOR THIS POST

>Why the lady doesn't maze her?
If Her Bladed Serenity could be amused, I would say it's because it amused her.

Mind that she created a plague that targets Indepts every 100 years or so to cull their numbers after she mazed a lot of them after first reduction of faction numbers and they started making rumors of mysterious plague that targets them specifically.

>Togashi Yukini

He's the human disguise of Togashi one of the Kamis that founded the Empire in L5R and the founder of the Phoenix Clan. Unlike his siblings who eventually went back to heaven and left things to their mortal descendants Togashi stuck around and ruled the clan directly by disguising himself and then faking his death and coming back in a new form every few decades.

He spent a millennium doing this until the other Kami finally found him and dragged his ass back to heaven.

So he's a God disguised as a regular person.

From the last thread

Athletics: 4
Affection: 0
Skill: 4
Cunning: 2
Luck: 1
Will: 2

Maid Types: Cool/Cool
Maid Colors: Silver hair, gold eyes, red uniform

Special Qualities: Quiet, Accessory - Spikes

Maid Roots: Who Knows?
Stress Explosion: Violence
Maid Weapon: Knife/Scalpel

Trauma: Social Stigma
Complexes: Tall, Own Interior
Maid Power: Trespass. You can take 1D6 Stress to intrude on a battle, love scene, etc. You can also butt in after the action has ended, and this can even work when someone is using World For Two.

Favor: 0
Spirit: 20

Name: Her Serenity

I kind of like the idea of filling in "age" not with how old the character is, but how they/others react when asked/when given the characters age.

X+40Y where X is whatever a level 0 monster would theoretically have, 40 is her level and Y is determined by her role.

You are one of the reasons Mary Sue is overused.
Off yourself.

Underrated