MTG COMPETITIVE MODERN GENERAL

Devoted Druid buyout edition

How much is Amonkhet going to change modern?

>New living end tech
>Morbid delver bird
>New infinite mana combo
>Maybe new gideon

speculators please GO

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/611450#online
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-mono-black-zombies#paper
channelfireball.com/articles/deck-of-the-day-zombies-modern/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for you're a faggot

To the guy who was saying infinite mana doesn't win you the game, you're a stupid faggot desu

Would cryptic serpent be a good angler replacement?

>>New living end tech
Why are people pushing this meme? None of these cards are good enough for living end except maybe the 7/7 wurm

>6 power instead of 5 not really that relevant
>Will almost never come down as early as angler
>Still costs 2 even when fully discounted
Probably not

It literally doesn't. if you have just those two cards on the board and no cards in hand, tell me what line wins the game for you.

Infinite mana with no payoff card to cast doesn't win you the game you idiot.

I can make a dude with 9999 power and toughness and it still won't win me the game if he can't hit my opponent and damage him in some way.

Your opponent just concedes out of respect, it's in the rules

Lmao

far less versatile so I doubt it

Duskwatch Recruiter in hand or ballista in hand or chord in hand. So like 10 cards out of your deck, all 10 of which are good cards with other uses. And I could think of more, but quite frankly if you get the combo out you win

If you run 4 summoner's pact, 4 chord, 4 e witness (for pact or chord that got discarded or countered), the odds of having the payoff seem pretty decent to me

I said "and no cards in hand", so by changing the terms you're conceding that infinite mana does not win you the game without a payoff, which may or may not be available.

A 2 card infinite mana combo is a 3 card win.

An opponent can go to infinite life with Melira Finks but I can still beat them if I loop a Mindslaver with Academy Ruins.

Yeah, infinite mana wins you the game, you're an autistic faggot and this deck will be tier 0 please suck my cock

why did you even post this?

>Devoted Druid buyout edition

This guy seems good.

IF it would have flying, then I would consider it.

But currently, no.

You're just wrong. Ifnir, the red beast and the black horror are all good

epic post, go and try and buy devoted druid on any site, I'll wait

Yes but you NEED the card in hand. If you don't have the payoff card in hand then you're effectively stuck with a crapload of mana and nothing to sink it in. Eternal Wave decks work because they stack all the extra mana produce on their lands and can loop the combo over and over until their wincon is met. You can make a bajillion mana but if you haven't go the payoff then you can't do shit.

Every other non-storm combo is a two card or less combo that wins or secures wins within those two cards.

Ad Nauseam+Angel's Grace or Phyrexian Unlife
Mindslaver+Academy Ruins
Crucible+Strip Mine
Cascade+Living End

All of these combos are two card combos that payoff when they resolve immediately. Your Vizier+Devoted Druid combo does NOT payoff when they resolve immediately.

At this point you're just playing a shitty Amulet Titan deck.

Rule #1 of deckbuilding and brewing, never make a worse version of an existing deck.

The demon is win more, after you resolve living end the game should be over

I hate people who play brain-dead decks like Living End. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Especially you, Ad Nauseum players.

>oh shit I have literally never played on either end of the living end matchup

you forgot Tron in your post

yeah, everyone should play kithkin tribal, the true patrician's deck, like myself. those faggy LE players are just gating it from t0

I have respect for any deck that plays both Mindslaver and Gifts Ungiven.
xG Karn slammers, on the other hand...

pfft 20 lord zombies is the new hot shit in modern

Yeah, you'd LOVE if everyone stopped playing your only bad matchup, wouldn't you?

Fucking Kithkin players.

Here's the list I'm working on right now.
Lands
4x Windswept Heath
3x Forest fetches
2x razorverge thicket
1x Gavony township
2x temple garden
1x ghost quarter
1x overgrown tomb
3x forest
1x plains
3x horizon canopy

Creatures

4x Noble Hierarch
4x devoted Druid
4x vizier of remedies
3x duskwatch recruiter
3x walking ballista
2x kitchen finks, might go to 3
2x voice of resurgence
2x renegade rallier
2x eternal witness
Just testing around the numbers of these guys for the moment but they're all great value and apply pressure
1x Scavenging ooze
1x fiend hunter
1x Rec sage
1x knight of the reliquary

Instants are the standard
4x coco
4x chord

Deck is great, oh and I also should add for the first month I play this I'm gonna sideboard a blood rite invoker to get around the stony silence fags will bring in after board. By the way you win if you cast duskwatch, and the you can draw into all your silver bullets to hit whatever they have that you need. This deck is real, and it's good.

Plenty of 1 mana cyclers, that not good enough? And alot of them are even better than the current staples.

For all you memers making that new combo, just run it in an AbzanMelira shell. Vizier is functionally the same, and the druid is basically a Wall of Roots.
You have the same ol' power of a tier 1-2 deck but your Wall of Roots and Melira happen to make infinite mana now!

doesnt work with melira.

Doesn't work with melira you stupid bitch

Not druid you dumb shits, seer+finks+newMelira, aka Vizier

Basically you can replace Meliras/Roots and have a functionally similar deck but with an additional combo.

Doesn't work with Melira you stupid bitch cunt ass

Forgot to add 1x spellskite

Nah, don't want to focus it too much on combos, like Twin, it focused a lot more on a tempo game like this deck will

Don't meme me, dickbreath fartstink. Eat a dog dick you silly cunt.

I'd still run 1-2 meliras just for redundancy and the infect blowout

rats, ive been got.

Didn't WotC already run the infect blowout a couple months ago?

If you're going to run knight you might want to throw a stomping ground for red and add Wold run since you can make infinite mana.

That's true as fuck senpai, doing that right now

>the deck can just draw into any card to take out the hate they bring in against you
Shit nigga

True about infect, but Ana/Vizier should be redundant enough. Druid instead of Roots, with a single Duskwatch, takes an existing powerful deck and adds another layer (imho looks better than the Spike/Thune or Safri/Zulaport people have been jamming)

Even if you insisted on still having Meliras, it only makes your Druid shittier.

You don't play living end do you

You're a faggot and the melira combo is dead this deck is strictly better

I'm probably going to replace Deadshot with the R cycler and Architects with the B cycler. Adjust mana base appropriately, probably add a Blood Crypt in place of an Overgrown Tomb.

Not going to play the 2 cycler Rare Demon because 2-mana cycling is no-go.

It's funny cause your deck is still shit and gay

t. Kithkin Main

>thinking people are buying out devoted druid

no, the scarcity on websites is to prevent the buyouts. the major sites are holding their stock and marking as out so they can sell higher once prices stabilize.

Veeky Forums at its finest.

>Creatures
>4x Noble Hierarch
>4x devoted Druid
>4x vizier of remedies
>3x duskwatch recruiter
>3x walking ballista
>2x kitchen finks, might go to 3
>2x voice of resurgence
>2x renegade rallier
>2x eternal witness
>Instants are the standard
>4x coco
>4x chord

Aside from the ballista, which IMO is shit compared to duskwatch as your meme enabler (especially in a Coco deck), it looks the same as Abzan familia.

>cocoing or chording into ballista

no, you chord into duskwatch so you draw into your ballista

It's not. Who cares anyway? I'm not poor. I can afford many decks. Why you so fucking mad about nothing?

No, this is nothing to joke about. This is not what Veeky Forums is about. We'll call each other faggots and shit but to have unoriginal insults thrown around like we're playing CoD is fucking pathetic.

With infinite mana and recruiter you can win without Ballista. Ballista is a fine card and a great wincon in a deck producing infinite mana, but if you're playing Duskwatch already in order to find Ballista, you could find Seer instead (or alternatively just play every single creature in the entire deck)

>going this hard on a shitty meme combo

it didn't spike to 10 bucks for nothing and I'm pretty sure if a pro player like Sam Black says it's gonna break modern, that it isn't a meme combo.

How does dusk watch win with inf mana? Just cast your whole deck? Wouldn't that leave you vulnerable to board wipe? If you had a ballista or 2 victory would be completely assured

>it didn't spike to 10 bucks for nothing
Happens all the time. What is speculation?
>Sam Black has never been wrong
Get off his dick, boy

Some of the new cycling dudes in Living End are pretty decent as very few creatures in Living End decks before had evasion to swing through but now they can. Now this MAY warrant a slight change in the manabase as a result.

Do you think as foretold or expertise cards are viable with living end? Or is cascade still the best plan?

Not gonna lie I legitimately tried to build a BUG zombies deck in Modern with this and Aether Vial and CoCo. It was actually kinda slow and clunky but turns out that Diregraf Captain was really good as it made combat steps very awkward for the opponent..

just play bw for the new drain zombie and the basic white goodstuff

I personally subscribe to the school of thought that you shouldn't make a deck needlessly more complex than it already is. It's for that same reason why my Ad Nauseam deck doesn't play Spoils of the Vault, not that the card is bad but it is a more complex line to take in a deck that should be a very straightforward combo to win with.

Unless there's a very dedicated Modern Living End expert on this board(I am much more of an Elves and Ad Nauseam expert) I would think that Cascade is still the best plan because it's always 100% guaranteed to hit when you Cascade into it. I think if you were to use As Foretold it would just dilute the deckplan and strategy a bit too much. Mind you I think some of the Expertise cards may warrant some testing.

Mate I brewed that deck long ago as a laugh back when CoCo got printed since an abundant of CoCo decks showed up and other decks like Elves got better as a result of it.

I just thought "Why not just fill a deck with Zombie lords like the Merfolk decks do? There's a crapload in the Modern cardpool"

Turns out there's a real big difference between cmc 2 and cmc 3. But not gonna lie the deck was dumb fun.

So whats the new infinite mana combo? I'm kinda out of the loop.

yeah but I'm still kinda suspecting that there might be a functioning deck in there somewhere. there really are a fuckton of good zombies in the 1-3 cmc area

Assuming the deck is a stock Abzan Coco list (mtggoldfish.com/deck/611450#online something akin to this, give or take) 1-2 Duskwatch is all you need to win on the spot.

Vizier=Melira, Druid=Roots, and a Duskwatch to glue it all together.

Even with Redcap's non-green cost, you could dig until you find Witness for Chord to win on the spot.

Ballista is neat, and never really a dead card in hand, but if you have infinite mana and can draw every single creature it seems like a luxury card.

come on man... he just wants his show back and some health insurance...

Oh I see, didn't realize we were assuming the normal Abzan coco combo with sac outlet + redcap

>you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded

>Not resetting the game with Karn to bring him back down to 20 life

The problem is just that other decks do it better. Dredge and Living End are better at pulling shit out of the graveyard(technically both the GY and Exile zone for Living End) and Merfolk are just better at getting HUEG and disrupting gameplans. I mean there is a Zombies deck in Modern but it's mono Black and is somewhat of a devotion based deck.

Meanwhile I was playing Zombie Outlander in the sideboard for shits and giggles running the crazy elusive PROTECTION FROM GREEN so I could beat Abrupt Decay/Maelstrom Pulse and TARMOGOYF

What are you nuts? I'm playing U Tron, I want to go to time here.

true but is black THAT bad if you were to pull it up in a merfolk style list? spot removal and hand disruption should be able to make almost anything work

Admitedly though, since the combo doesn't produce black mana I could 100% see a Ballista in the list as a hedge. It does provide a lot immediacy to the win that seer+redcap might not have.
If there was a way to ensure that the infinite green mana + duskwatch combo could play out the seer and redcap I would stand by my point that ballista is shit, but I think having one is probably better than having a shitty manafilter in many cases. Ballista is an alright guy.

The Mono Black Zombies deck that's floating around Modern actually seems pretty solid because you can literally finish off with Gary outside of the combat steps and you have access to quality removal and hand disruption. Gary also drains people through Leyline of Sanctity You also probably don't have to mulligan much either and probably get to also play quality dudes like Phyrexian Obliterator in the sideboard.

got the list?

Hello U Tron player, I'm considering joining your ranks.
I'd like to know how often do your matches go to time, and how much butthurt does the deck wring out of your opponents?

I feel like you'd want to run 2 in case one you might play to pop a mana fork gets exiled just to be safe

If you're new to U Tron you will go to time more often than you like. You need to get a feel for lines of play

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-mono-black-zombies#paper
channelfireball.com/articles/deck-of-the-day-zombies-modern/

Same list but one has an article on the deck.

that looks pretty fucking solid

If they're not playing Goblin Guide and Merfolk then you will probably go to time more often than you think. You need to put the reps in with the deck and know your lines of play.

That being said you can beat any deck with Mindslaver+Academy Ruins combo lock if you set it up.

With that also being said Gaddock Teeg will fucking rape you hard. Better rev up those Spatial Contortion's.

Alternatively, you could run that new green mythic 4cmc vizier instead of the Ballistas in order to be able to play out Seer+Redcap. Both options seem good depending on what goes on.

I personally would opt for Vizier of the Menagerie over Ballista for flavor reasons

>autism continues with this shit combo

Put a singleton craterhoof in this infinite meme deck. I want him to get loved

>people are discussing potential modern decks instead of just crying about current ones

It plays pretty straight forward and plays lot of value dudes that are really resistant to most forms of spot removal outside of Path. I just love the use of Relentless Dead because I used to play that in Standard before it became a 2 deck format just to loop back a Diregraf Colossus and trigger Prized Amalgams and have huge dudes and zombie tokens on the board again after board wipes.

>meme combo
Literally the best combo in modern now, it's a 2 card combo that doesn't fold to grave hate and costs 4, both of which pieces can be hit off coco

>dies to shock
xD

Renegade rallier :^)

>Shock becomes modern playable because of this combo
SHOCK BUYOUT

>stubborn denial