/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/do-me-a-favor-prince-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Which splat (or tribe, bloodline,clan etc...) has the hardest life?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12735417
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Which splat (or tribe, bloodline,clan etc...) has the hardest life?
Didn't they make an entire line with that premise? Its obviously Prometheans.

Prometheans. Isn't that the entire point?

>Which splat
Prometheans, probably.

>tribe
Bone Gnawers.

>bloodline
Nagaraja, or if you include clans, probably Nosferatu. Or Ravnos.

Beast, because nobody wants to buy that shit. :^)

Who cares as long as so long as mages live the good life

>Mage Privilege

Changelings from lost, they got to be written by David Hill. Worse faith than just cancelling the whole line honestly.

Also Children of Gaia, their worst enemy is a group of murderous inbreed, rapist, bigoted, meat head, retrograde idiots whom they gotta organize to fight the Black Spiral Dancers.

>Also Children of Gaia, their worst enemy is a group of murderous inbreed, rapist, bigoted, meat head, retrograde idiots whom they gotta organize to fight the Black Spiral Dancers.
It's funny, because I like Apocalypse and fully support the Garou Nation, yet I can't actually disagree with this. But at least not everyone uses Animal Attraction.

>Also Children of Gaia, their worst enemy is a group of murderous inbreed, rapist, bigoted, meat head, retrograde idiots whom they gotta organize to fight the Black Spiral Dancers.
Changelings from lost, they got to be written by David Hill. Worse faith than just cancelling the whole line honestly.
lol
>Changelings from lost, they got to be written by David Hill. Worse faith than just cancelling the whole line honestly.
What I read of the mechanics I like, but his views on the 1e game of Beautiful Madness make me very weary the fluff around it will be much worse.

Hunters. Like by a good bit.
I mean sure it sucks ass to be a promethian, but you have hope. It's a long shot but you can actually succeed at becoming human. Hunters don't have that. There have always been monsters in the dark for as long as humanity has been around, and there always will be. You might stop a couple of individual ones, but nothing will ever change. Sooner or later you miss a beat on a hunt and then that's it.

>the hardest life?
Mortals, perhaps?

Not to mention the fact that you don't even get to kill a real monster. Only a shitty watered down version.

I admit that if I was a hunter, I'd slide into "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" territory pretty quickly. That is, if I persisted in the delusion that mortals are the underdogs in this scenario.

strawpoll.me/12735417

any tips for software to help a ST create and track super complicated social webs and convoluted plots?

I use FreeMind for my notes. It's solid after getting used to

I've run hunter games with monsters made from the relevant splat books before and it went well enough. Mostly because its usually something like 1 vs 4 or 5, and it doesn't always end in a straight up fight anyways. That and monsters made with hunter rules can actually be crazy strong in their own right.
Hell even then thats assuming thats an option. CofD is dark enough it can often be that they just dont give a shit and dont want to be with humans anyways.

Delete this!

Delete this now!

The Black Furries aren't that bad, user.

You can't fight consensus user

If the afterlife counts, Wraiths.

BBW (big beautiful wolf) looking to have some knotty (naughty) fun with mages. :^)

I've never played Imbued but they don't seem very good.

>The Black Furries aren't that bad, user.

You right i forgot to add sexist. I know not all black furies are man hater.....but also not all silver fangs are elitis imbreed mad rules. And not all fiannas are.....no wait all fiannas are mentally challenged.

How can vampcucks even compete?

What's the best clan, and why is it Tremere?

And what motivated the cruelty inherent in not including them in Requiem?

>tremere
>anything other than garbage

Best Clan, worst House.

Personally, I think that every other WoD game is better without mages in the setting, so I prefer to see the Tremere as being completely right about magic fading into nonexistence.

t. vampfag

I mean, they were right, Magic is slightly less potent in the modern era due to the Technocracy's Time Table. Immortality is pretty hard these days if you want to stay on earth.

You're stating something that we all already know of.
The fact remains that her purview doesn't hold a flame to the Arcana. Archmasters work harder than actual gods to accomplish what they can muster, but they ~can~ pull off more impressive results than the gods.

So yes, an Archmaster could potentially destroy a rank 8-9 god 1v1 such as Luna, but will he/she do it? Probably not, as it's going to invoke a very bad Pax violation and waste a lot of effort that could be spent elsewhere.
No one is arguing that gods aren't powerful, just that Imperial wizards have the potential to be above them. It's not that outrageous of a concept when you take Atlantis into account.

I suggest you re-read Imperial Mysteries pg 32

As a proud mage supremacist, I have to agree. Anything remotely related to Mage should be considered best.

Try to disprove my assessment. You can't.

Okay, but you have to admit the fact that one of the most prominent houses of mages wanted nothing more than to become vampires.

The Consensus is clear: what you really want is the knot, so go get it.

Tremere was a massive dingbat, yes. Still, these vampires were once mages, at least the originals were.

That means they're better than any other vampire lineage. It's the truth. You can't go against this.

>Mage Supremacy
>Tremere Supremacy

An Alienated might have been responsible for the upbringing of the God-Machine.

I repeat, "might have been", but the sidebar still stands.
Archmages are not only god killers, but god makers as well.

>yfw when Heinrich Himmler is cannon Tremere

That's like saying Gypsies is canon.

I don't really even see how it would play out. I mean what does two 'I can do anything relating to X' characters look like besides just pulling out nobilis or some shit

I think it would turn out exactly how 20th level wizard duels work in D&D.

Whoever makes the first strike wins. It's already like this when Masters are involved, anyway. Magic is too dangerous to guarantee epic battles.

>Whoever makes the first strike wins.
That's the point I've been trying to make. Luna makes the first strike because she doesn't *need* Quintessences to do it.

you can't disprove an opinion, retard

Eh, I would still give it to the Archmaster considering preparation is their forte, only on a cosmic scale.

Imperium is synonymous with black jack, after all. Only on an existential scale, obviously.

That's always been a problem. Ten dot whatever the fuck across all whitewolf games has just been plot device, so how the fuck that resolves is always up to the ST. Luckily it never really matters, because you don't exactly get things like two antideluvians punching out outside of pre ordained scenarios.

Nope. Mages are da best. Which means the Tremere are better than any other Clan.

You can't win this.

Tremere and his followers were a bunch of bumbling retards who tried and failed to gain vampiric immortality with none of the downsides. Their goal wasn't to actually become regular Kindred.

This has been explained several times already.

On that note, there seems to be no good reason why Awakening mages can't do that, if they can become ghosts/spirits/astral entities and retain magic.

The thing about mages in Awakening is that mortality is exactly one of the ten pillars of existence, Death being an Arcanum.

Trying to acquire immortality has a lot of background issues corresponding to the mages In-question trying to achieve it. Becoming an immortal usually involved fucking someone over in the process.

I much prefer this. It's harder to live forever in Awakening, but the drawbacks aren't as pronounced.
While in Ascension it's far FAR easier but harder to keep it up without Paradox sending you into the slammer.

Whatchu mean Berlin By Night's not cannon?
Fight me

Aspel is a self admitted pedophile and when called on it, said something to the effect of "muh Rosa Parks". Self admitted in the sense of "I am sexually attracted to children and that's okay"

They tried to brew the last immortality potion that they'd ever need. It worked too well because they thought they could beat a curse from God. At no point did they decide to become vampires.

I think that every game is better without the others intruding.

>It worked too well because they thought they could beat a curse from God

If only one of them had Prime 6. None of them were archmages to begin with though.

Well, it is okay, provided you don't actually molest/rape anyone.

Can the Kindred cook or make confectionaries using blood?

Or are they forever limited to the same boring old consistency?

I think they can, but would blood sherbet actually taste good? Kindred don't seem to like cold blood at all.

>Can the Kindred cook or make confectionaries using blood?

With vampires, it's not about the blood, rather it's the fresh vitae.

They don't even post here anymore so who cares

So vampires have no fucking class at all? Not impressed.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

>vampires having class

Bitch please, mages are the ones with class!

>It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it's told

>Put the fucking lotion in the basket!

Eeewwwwwwwww

Meh, that's just a changeling with delusions of grandeur.

It does look like an average Autumn courtier.

Wraith the Oblivion. I just happened to read the setting, and it's so fucking depressing that I want to cry
>To create items they literally "soulforge", by using other Wraiths and melting them into "things"
>Those items usually moan, and nobody knows if they are still intelligent or not after the process, because it's not reversible (The process itself is also really painful).
>Also, you can lost your sanity easily and become a mindless drone and basically become material for forging
>There is a player role that is basically made to screw you over, the Shadow.
>The Oblivion is a force that basically eats anything and is Entropy incarnated, and it grows larger the more Wraiths it eats, without ever stopping and nobody can do anything about it.
>The Shadow can also possess you forever, transforming you into a Spectre.
>You are dead, you cannot die again, but you cannot intefere into the physical world if not with your powers, you live in some kind of parallel version of the city were you existed before, and there are only some little ties saving you from the despair of being completely forgotted.
>Also, yes you are already dead, but Shadows can torture you with Harrowing if your "spirit" gets too beaten up.
>You have a chance of Trascending to the next stage and save yourself from all this, but is becoming harder ever second it passes.
>There are human mediums that also wants you dead.
>Demons can catch you to then put you inside a zombie body for control, or just questioning.
>The same for Mages.
>Vampires can also fuck with you

Or just buy the merit in chargen

Or that

Archmasters are not much different than Masters at spontaneous casting.
>tfw people don't even read the best book in the line

Imperial spell factors are pretty brutal given you are at minimum a 12 dice pool and a few -2s will jack your spells to hell.

Hello, I have another question here for you, I read the core book and the Earthbound book and I didn't see any kind of code of ethics about "not revealing you are a fucking monster to humans" such as the Masquerade for vampires or the Veil for the Garou. Of course common sense seems the most logical answer to the lack of this, but as the whole of Veeky Forums knows some players may lack it.

So, maybe I'm wrong and there is some kind of Masquerade and I missed it? Or stupid player must wait until they have exorcist and Earthbound slaves to track them out before they'll learn their place?

Imperial spells can't be instantly cast, but the way they work makes it irrelevant.
The results are absolutely permanent (minus Dynamics) outside of other Imperial shenanigans.

OH hrm. Guess I remembered the chart wrong. Do archmasters have the same per roll casting for their Gnosis as non arch masters?

This is exactly why Transfiguration is the ultimate 'I win' button. You can't stay omnipotent over the specific Arcana, but the effects they produce are infinite and permanent.

The big reason is that revealing yourself to mortals too much can start screwing you out of supplies of Faith, but demonic society is loose and ad hoc enough that there aren't official rules about it, IIRC. At this point in the WoD cycle, the authors just assume the players know the drill, I think.

Assumption would be permanent omnipotence, and requires 10 dots.

It's more of a legend, but entirely probable. They don't give you rules for it, but they do explain that the specific Archmage casting it can literally force himself to Ascend.

Players aren't supposed to play Earthbound.

Earthbound are NPCs and are by definition insane. Also revelation can fuck up an Earthbound's Faith.

I was referring to basic Demons thou.

Also the Earthbound book gives you rules to create and play EB characters for campains of pure power conflict.

So mages can personally confront and beat up Luna AND create gods, like the God Machine?

Awakening is fucking gross.

>Earthbound Insane
>Players
yeah they're insane alright

No not really. Thats one of those things that was thrown in for the sake of being really cool that isn't word of law.

So which is better for running a mortals game thats lovecraftian in nature, abyssal entities or the god machine?

Only Archmages can triumph over actual deities, not normie Mages.

If we go by mechanics, Seekers can indeed slay the strongest gods we currently know of. The previous topic of turning Luna into a waifu using Spirit 9 and re-writing the Wyrd are both legitimate things an Archmage can accomplish.

What's the minimum dots a Mind mage needs to turn you into a pedophile?

For fuck sakes. Yes, Archmages can utterly annihilate the other splats top tiers / gods etc, but it's going to get the Pax all over your ass.

Being stronger than gods doesn't mean much when you can't impose it.

A persistant mental condition so I'd say Mind ••••

Imperial Mysteries literally makes mention of wizards beating the Mother of Fire into submission, who is the same damn rank as Luna & Helios.
The God-Machine was also apparently constructed by an Archmage ally according to the book.

Archmages might be responsible for the current World of Darkness.

We would never even know.

No I was talking about the making the god machine bit. But no,
You have mental problems if you think that was some absolute 100% metaplot statement, and that the entire demon line assumes the god machine was made by mages. Especially with how much onyx path avoids big metaplot stuff like its the fucking plague nowdays.

>Christianity was a mistake
>Archmages confirmed

"Don’t feel down, just be glad you aren’t them. Greed, envy and stupidity, yes, yes. The infantile gnits want to get on a program with a name. They think they are going to get up there and, comparatively speaking, they think they are going to be discovered as the real thing. They just don’t realize how bad they are; neither do the mothers, wives, and girlfriends who support them." Bukowski

>this is the creature responsible for promethean

sad

Eh, metaplot being metaplot. An Archmage creating the God-Machine wouldn't be that far fetched, not by any means.

Nothing is truly canon though, you're right on that.

As a space mage, open up your yearbook and make everyone a pedo from the comfort of your living room.

>All in desperate shareblue ploy to get them to vote for the worst archmage of all time

Hunters, more specifically Waywards. They are demonized by their own for following the messengers intentions correctly. They live a sad bloody life never being able to shut off their second sight. Hermits take a close second.

So are Archmages aware when reality changes/another Archmage is trying to change reality?

>On the topic of super wizards and machine gods.

Whether or not the God-Machine was created by an Archmage(s), DaveB has mentioned here-and-there that the Exarchs are fundamental to its nature, function and existence thanks to just what Ascended beings are.

In my mind, the only entity that ~might~ be above Ascendants, Oracles and Exarchs would be the Principal. Even then I'm not so sure.

They aren't the strongest in a head to head fight, mostly because they are still mortals and can't soak, but they usually have the element of surprise and numbers on their side.

Anyone? I'm not concerned with aesthetics of the monsters so much as which one fits the bill of this unknowable force.