Do you think you would enjoy a low-tech historical roleplaying campaign set in the zenith of the Aztec era?

Do you think you would enjoy a low-tech historical roleplaying campaign set in the zenith of the Aztec era?
Anything in particular that would make this setting interesting to you?

Aztecs being the villains

They're an empire build entirely on slavery and human sacrifice.
What else would they be?

The alt-right.

Excuse me?

There is literally nothing wrong with slavery and human sacrifice though.

Back then, yeah. They didn't have any useful domesticable animals in Mexico to use as beasts of burden and they thought sacrifice was the only way to keep the Gods from destroying the world.

Actually I would rather play as an Aztec knight. All of their contemporaries were seminomadic savages and in some cases cannibals just because they liked the taste of Man.

pretty sure tamemes werent slaves, and we all know the real reason sacrifice was carried out was to keep non-mexica subjugated and scared, as well as the ordinary population under control.

The heroes trying to stave off the end of the world

they had good food. high variety.

Kinda. I would prefer if spanish conquistadors were present to some degree, and aztec mythology was somewhat correct.

Muh slings

I would imagine the slaves and sacrifices disagree slightly on that point.

Also all morals ever.

>historical roleplaying campaign
Nope.

Fantasy campaign set in not!Aztec era without their annoying bullshit but with warriors wearing animal skins, werejaguars and shamanistic northerners? Absolutely.

>tamemes
were they great memers?

>Anything in particular that would make this setting interesting to you?
Shamanic magic. Their gods are so addicted that they are willing to do or give almost everything for the right amount of blood spilled on the right stone.

>Also all morals ever
how bout the opposite. their morals say its fine. yours say no. I happen to share yours, but if brought up among aztecs, I'd be *so* down on sacrifices.
hell, they played football for over 300 years and only then their king suggested "how about we sacrifice the captain of the loosing team instead of the winner?"

Flower wars
How much can we deviate from the history?
Conquer North America, advance technology, face conquistadors with steel in hand?

no.

>built entirely
wew lad