New girl in the group thinks this shit is some kind of video game

>new girl in the group thinks this shit is some kind of video game

There are no save points.

There kind-of are in Eclipse Phase, though even if you fail and restore, your failure still happened.

BOY DO I HATE WOMEN

still a step above thinking its a freeform

Games need more save points.

>There are no save points.
There are, you just automatically save when you quit

Underrated post of the day

Oh my god she is so fucking stupid!!!!!11
When I first played, I thought that to heal, you had to go to inns and rest.

thats not a bad idea for a mechanic.
prince of persia

that at least makes sense.
healing surges were so much better, I could totally understand what they meant.

Yes. She's new. What did you expect?

So, entitled cuntpleb wants free do-overs for when she derps up because she's too busy checking out the responses to her selfies on facebook? Typical cunt. You should just kick her out of the game. Women bring nothing but trouble when in a male environment, you should have expected this.

I wish. My group forgets half of a session by the next session, and four sessions in the past are ancient history.

>BOY DO I HATE WOMEN

YOU SURE ARE RIGHT, THOSE VAPID CUNTS ARE RUINING GAMING WHAT WITH THEIR EAR-PODS AND CANDY-CRUSHERS AND SHOPPING-APPS AND BIG-BANGS, DESTROYING THE D&D I USED TO LOVE.

A guy in my group was scandalized when I told him his character had to eat

>had to solve 5 pages of captcha
must be trying to tell me something

One time I ironically asked if my players wanted to use a save file like it's a fucking Sierra game. They took me up on that offer, so I rolled with it. Everything worked out in the end, they managed to keep the time-reversal OOC knowledge to a minimum and didn't abuse it to shit.

I've always thought that this kind of thing could work in tabletop RPGs. Just give the players the option for a total do-over now and then, so you don't end up chucking your campaign notes after one of them falls into a spiked pit.

>passive-aggressive shitposting with an implicit assumption of being objectively correct without having an actual argument

Found the females.

You know what I like about pol? It's that unlike she's, they actually give sources. Sure, these sources may be incredibly dumb, but at least they are trying; instead of making shit up and calling it original research (without any reproducibility).

*Unlike sjws

That's SOME hip ratio.

I really want to give my players save states in games now as their group special power. I think it'd work really well in a horror game where you randomly ask if they want to save and they get crazy paranoid

I've actually done it too; there have been scenes that were
>player's or players' fault - I tell them shit got confusing, I misinterpreted what they meant they were doing, i know they meant to be serious but it was late and people got to derping, "Let's just back it up to when you were talking to the guy down at the dock, okay?"

or
>My fault: "Sorry, I got a wild inspiration and nobody was into it. Sorry, it was late and I've been watching way too much ______ lately. Let's just back everything up to when you guys were talking to the guy down at the dock, okay?"

I've played entire sessions with a particular GM that he hand-waved away the following session. "Let's pretend that never even happened."

Triple-Q loves big booty bitches, apparently.

healing surges are a bad mechanic, which makes no sense from a roleplaying perspective.

That said, I love's me some 4th gen pokemon...dnd

>unlike she's

yeah I hate she's

Most new players who were girls/women whom I've met were really good roleplayers, and took to the game well.

Thats because they're not autistic wierdoes. Girls socialize better than boys and don't get caught up in dumb shit.

Unless they're the fat girls who hang out at your local gamestore 3 hours a day. DO NOT make friends with those girls.

No kidding. There are only two girls in the groups I'm a part of and neither have much experience but they pay attention and play earnestly, which I can appreciate.
They're never inattentive or try to derail the game or argue about things unlike some other players.

>Player: "I want to stealth past them."
>DM: "Okay, roll your stealth skill, opposed by their perception checks."
>Player: "No, no, I want to stealth."
>DM: "Right, so roll to sneak past."
>Player: "I want to STEALTH past them. You know, turn invisible."
>DM: "You're a rogue, you don't know that spell."
>Player: "It's not a spell, it's just a thing rogues can do."
>DM: "What? Where does it say that in the rulebook?"
>Player: [silence]

And the player was a ___________________boy__________

I also got most of my pre-D&D knowledge of classes from WoW.

Not far off I guess.

Every CRPG and MMORPG is descended from D&D in some way.

The funny thing is, I could actually see Ryuko doing that if the elite four and Satsuki ever invited her to one of their Pathfinder sessions.

I honestly can't, I'd see her as being the sort of person that makes their character the style of character that is too done with all this shit and just wants the mission done, not as the edgy character.

Granted, her design screams edgy, but honestly her personality is more of a "Really?" type of person rather than "CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIN"

I think you might be projecting a bit friend

Everyone's new once. Video games are common these days, if you haven't noticed. It's nothing a little experience won't fix for most people, unless they're fundamentally retarded.

And the problem is... where?

Aside of course in you, OP, running to post some bullshit on Veeky Forums, rather than fixing the situation on site.
Every. Single. Fucking. Thread like this has at least one of two major issues:
- shit that never happen
- shit that is perfectly solvable if you are not a whinny bitch

I just in invite them on rotations and fuck them hard after game sessions, when everyone is gone. Feels good to be the DM.

>presumably new player thinks this is like vrpg
>fucking women ruining everything reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wew

t. lonely neckbeard virgin

also:
>Feels good to be the DM.
>DM
pleb

>Feels good to be the DM
There is nothing good about running or using D&D

I was only pretending.

Wouldn't surprise me if some shitlord had said to her "It's like a video game but with paper and dice!" to try to encourage her to play.

>cockless virginbeard making shit up on le 4chenz

BOY I SURE HATE NANCY. IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY-YAY.

To be fair, the more I communicate with or learn about women the harder I find it not to hate them. Most people don't hate an entire group because of one bad experience, and most people are actually willing to give others the benefit of the doubt. Especially women, both due to biological imperatives and this "women can do no wrong" attitude our culture has.

Except they do. Raining someone with blows in a short period of time will bring them down with fewer hits than multiple attacks spaced over the day.

This is what a disguised female sounds like. Know your enemy, Veeky Forums

Fuck off with /pol/ shit, i am sick of you crossposters.

And what would we talk about then, kind sir? What threads do you create, dear user?