Building a Gisa EDH deck bois, show me some must have cards

Building a Gisa EDH deck bois, show me some must have cards.

Other urls found in this thread:

edhrec.com/commanders/ghoulcaller-gisa
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-lifegain-yeh/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mono-black

Cabal Coffers is your real commander.

edhrec.com/commanders/ghoulcaller-gisa

Take a look at the staples and then think about how you want her to work. Do you want a generic zombie deck or to actually build around and take advantage from her ability?

You should look into ways to make your creatures useful from your graveyard, some recursion, and something in monoB to use well the sheer number of creatures you're going to have in play

Is this legal in mono black?

yep. Reminder text doesn't count for the color identity

>6 years before Amonkhet
>Bolas horns

Every fucking time

It harpoons

For greater context, I want to make use of her ability, and make ridiculous numbers of zombies.

Illusionist's Bracers

His crown and scepter are both clearly referencing Bolas

You definitely want this for grave recursion shenanigans

yes...ha ha ha...yes

And the sequel

This guy. He basically turns 6 zombies (or less if you have zombie lords) into 12 zombies for free. Also, you can use him until he gets targeted and then just sac him into zombies

Doesn't this combined with:
Auto resurrect every zombie in your graveyard?

No, for multiple reasons.

It's not an activated ability.
It only targets one card.
It only makes the ability 1 cheaper.

Just as the first few I thought of.

Also avatar of woe.

Altar of Dementia, a must for all token decks.

>this triggers the MaRo

...how so?

He's confusing him with Sheldon, who is triggered by extort. The way it currently works is how Maro wants it to.

D E E P P E S T L O R E

Don't be a pussy, play Marrow-Gnawer instead.

He's probably the guy Bolas replaced and he's pretty pissed off about it.

maybe

Living Death
The 50/50 Colossus from SOI
Haunted Dead, Gravecrawler, the 2/1 from AKH
all the zombo lords

This is the only thread that catalog search finds when you search edh, so I now declare this an EDH thread.

This here's the first draft of a Mardu-colored lifegain deck with Queen Marchesa. You know all the payoffs like Karlov, Aetherflux Reservoir, and some stuff to abuse lifelink, deathtouch etc and some funky monarch play. Anyone who knows some stuff about lifegain decks wanna give it a look?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-lifegain-yeh/

back the fuck up, best card coming through

Came here to make that joke. Thank you.

Dick move?

Not sold, but I'll consider it

This and Thornbite win a lot of games for Gisa

Only worth it with conspiracy out.

>Nobody's said rings of brighthearth
>Not even edhrec
Holy shit get it together people

Lashwrithe, Nightmare Lash, and Strata Scythe will let you swing for enormous amounts of combat damage in the late game, or you can equip them on you creatures prior to sacing them with Gisa.

Dark Prophecy, Erebos, God of the Dead, Greed, Necromancer's Stockpile, Phyrexian Arena, Bloodgift Demon, Underworld Connections, and Vampiric Rites will give you draw.

Magus of the Coffers, Cabal Coffers, and Black Market will give you crazy ramp.

>Dark Prophecy, Erebos, God of the Dead, Greed, Necromancer's Stockpile, Phyrexian Arena, Bloodgift Demon, Underworld Connections, and Vampiric Rites will give you draw.
You didn't list the literal best piece of black card draw available in the format, what's wrong with you? You'll make Necropotence cry.