/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

previous

FOR FUCKS SAKE IT LOOKS LIKE I BOUGHT IN NEAR ANOTHER ATH DO I SELL BEFORE I GET BONED

NE? thoughts on getting in now? looks like they're bouncing from supports. Do i wait till end of day to buy in?

GXBT is down 3% but GBTC is down, 16% is this a good opportunity to purchase the GBTC at the right price?

GBTC is still trading at a huge premium to BTC

1 share= .10 BTC and is going for $2500~
Buying .10 BTC directly is around $1680

>down $200 today

TTTTTTRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPP

Does no one in this general understand what UVXY is? Check out the fucking brainlets at the end of the previous thread.
>What do you expect [UVXY] to be at the end of March
?????????????????????????

It's probably going to be around 20 or 30 bucks, but I think it's going to r/s before then.

Rate my portfolio
Opinions? Thoughts? Advice?

you should have few shares of BGFV desu

You have too many positions, you're not going to get too much growth from that many. Cut it down to like 2 or 3

I was quoting someone not asking myself.
Seems fucking silly to me to answer what a decaying etf will be worth in months other than "less than you bought it"

current prices times a decay rate of 20% per month

>You have too many positions, you're not going to get too much growth from that many. Cut it down to like 2 or 3
this
sometimes you gotta cut down a bunch of positions in order to capture the best gains

i am tired of explaining leveraged ETF decay to the newbies

if they want to throw their money at shit without research and understanding thats their problem at this point

a fool and his money etc

FUUUUUUUUUUCK U TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP I BOUGHT 60 SHARES OF UVXY WHEN IT WAS HALF A MILLION EACH NOW ITS BARELY IN DOUBLE DIGITS IMPEACHMENT WHEN

Whole market is garbage today. Just hold through and wait it out.

can someone give me the next big meme?

speak for yourself

im pretty comfy over here sitting in my MU and today is a "bad" day. shits gonna fly in a few days

Still weed. CBD oil. LED indoor growth lights.

I like what I have, plan to just feed more into them

MNST, DFS, STZ I plan to hold onto for 20+ years but idk about AMD, VGR, TPB, IIPR, TGT is def getting sold before or in first quarter

USMJ today is having some manipulation, either it's topped out or it's going to run hard as fuck in the coming days.

Also MYDX might run up to .01 before coming back down

Never realized how many anime girls get posted in this general

Also theres one that im just now starting to add to EVIO they do lab testing on weed for clinics, as marijuana becomes more and more legal testing facilities is going to become more and more in demand. Dispensaries are probably going to have to start testing for molds and fungus, pesticides, THC potency CBD potency and much more testing involved in marijuana

I really think EVIO is going to be one of the biggest marijuana testing labs on the west coast it'll be the DGX of the mj world imo

Is SQ gonna be okay?

Is tech gonna be okay?

>manipulation

Oh, par for the course on the whole weed sector. Half my stocks are on the top 10 most shorted lists for their exchange. The story always plays out the exact same way: stock gets shorted to shit, i average down, weed sector gets massive cash influx from normans because it's an obvious boom in progress, shorts get squeezed, share price goes up even faster than it would have without the short pressure. Every single time.

Anime and gambl- i mean investing go hand in hand.

wtf are there no weed stocks on robinhood?

If you bought sub $20, sure. It's going to crash soon.

And no

tech is a fad

we /stone age/ now

That's what happens when you have weak hands

Guess I shouldn’t be too surprised. This is part of a Mongolian basket weaving image board after all.

we're on Veeky Forums my dude

tech will be fine, it's down at the moment because of end of year profit taking by big money

SQ kinda scares me at the moment, I tired playing the dip a few weeks ago and it was kinda stressful, sold as soon as I broke even again.

>weak hands

Most people do with penny stocks. That's why they're manipulated the most.

Opinions on RAD?

Has this stock seen the bottom already?

the manipulation im talking about is the shifting of bids and ask and dumping the same amount of shares that are on the bid and buying similar amounts at the ask. This shakes people out and lets someone or some people to control the stock.

Manipulation at work to bring stock price up or manipulation at work to hold it there so their buddys can dump. Manipulation is pretty easy to spot with small penny stocks if you watch orderflow and level 2 close enough

either way there is "action" with USMJ right now, just not sure if it's the action that is going to bring it higher or drop it like a fucking hot turd after a trip to mexico

I thought the market was going to go up because we got the taxes cutted. Why are the stocks taking it in the shit funnel?

$SDLP is a huge buy right now

buy the rumor sell the news

Tax loss sell-offs mostly. Seasonal profit taking.

>penny stocks
If you want to lose money just give it to a homeless person

No, but checkout IIPR (Innovative Industrial Properties), But I only own a few shares of it.

why? do you think its gonna form the second shoulder?

I have 15 sh @ 38.45

bump

You fool. Sell and look to reenter.

It's just very undervalued currently, and the dividend that it pays makes it an attractive add to a portfolio.

I use 'penny stocks' in a broader sense than most. When I say penny stocks, I mean in the $1-$2 range.

That's what I'm referring to as well

SEC definition includes anything under $5 a share

Thank you very much brainlet Google is wonderful

Are you calling me a brainlet for using the correct definition of a word?

would you reccomend waiting right before end of the day to buy in? not sure if its gonna fall a bit before the day ends

I'm calling you a brainlet for pointing out the obvious

NETE's fucking me in the ass right now and I can't sell cuz daytrade ban. God I want to fucking shoot myself

buying 100x leverated 1 year t-bills

>When I say penny stocks, I mean in the $1-$2 range.
>That's what I'm referring to as well
??????????????

>daytrade ban
How could you do that to yourself user, you know better.

Can it be AH trading already? Maybe then the market will do something.

>implying $1-$2 range isn't >$5
Not hard to understand, brainlet

This is what actual autism looks like

>ad hominem
This kills the brainlet

Oh well whatever. You guys are funny.

The dollar stocks I have traded the past two years have done very well for me. It's just a matter of picking out the gems from the pump and dump scammy scams.

This guy is right

>I use 'penny stocks' in a broader sense than most. When I say penny stocks, I mean in the $1-$2 range.
>broader sense
>SEC definition is

the dollar stocks seem to do well for me too whenever i can find a good one, thats why im in GBR, it may dip into the .20s but it's still in a good range

What are you invested in user?

Abandon ship lemmings. We going down

Personally, I never hold leveraged etfs for longer than about 1-3 hours. They're a tool to make some quick pocket change when you're bored.

Several articles about 4x leveraged etfs are online and everyone against them admit it's a scam to screw over millenials.

INSY is a therapeutic company that has done stuff with weed I think.

Just keep it on your watchlist. It's a good long term hold imo. Expect some fluctuation in price in the future. Make your move when that happens.

t. brainlet

Is RNVA at a good price to buy?

Thoughts on DPW and the ICO talk that has been going around?

Waffles

Probably nothing will happen until the budget is passed.

I think im gonna go in on NE

Its a long term investment

i wish i had money in my other account for that right now its really hitting bottom there, but i've been adding into EVIO all week.. SHIT

ICO's are just to create hype. Blockchain is obviously one of the biggest "investments" right now, but it's only going to create profit short term.

> 0.004 / sh
wtf is this shit?

You bought next to an all time high don't be a fool

My favorite penny stock in my portfolio is Future Farm Technologies Inc. (FFT). Bought in a 0.42 three weeks ago. Currently bouncing between 55-61 cents. I like them because they routinely make acquisitions in both Canada and the US, are starting to get big orders for their LED indoor growth lights, and are generally swell fellows and good business folk (I have called their office for clarification on one deal they made).

whats gonna take off tomorrow? i need a good end of day buy

>whats gonna take off tomorrow?
if we knew that we would all be rich wouldn't we?

How much have you out into them? Or was it only the single .42

Are you MXC yet? 800k float could could possibly triple

user pls! I was feeling spendy bought two whole shares. Those 84 cents are worth nearly a buck now!

I'm gambling a few bucks on CVM and RAD

Wish I paid more attention to tax break kinda stocks but whatever

Anyone here holding RIOT?

trash

>called their office about a deal
>owns a little over $1 worth of stock
classic Veeky Forums

COMFY

TYME closing strong hell yea baby

Based af AMRS

>tfw up 300% since October
Stay poor faggot.

Calling a big bump for RAD for earnings!!

Please do not follow my advice

rad delayed earnings till january