Is it possible to simply reprint the less parasitic cards from kamigawa without the parasitic elements?

Is it possible to simply reprint the less parasitic cards from kamigawa without the parasitic elements?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8iusUq4-f5U
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/few-more-words-rd-2016-11-07
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This picture triggers me since it lists Silent-Blade Oni as being from Betrayers, when in fact it was from Planechase 2012 exclusively.

So was sakashima's student. Didn't feel like downloading two different set symbols.

I thought the "parasitic" mechanics of Kamigawa were Arcane, Splice Onto Arcane, and the almost arbitrary Arcane-Spirit interactions?
Ninjutsu isn't parasitic, you can have your Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni ninjutsu in on a Tormented Soul. You cannot Splice Onto Arcane anything onto a Lightning Bolt.

Yeah, that's my point. Most of kamigawa is perfectly servicable. The main downsides being the card that were too broken or cost too much mana.

The bigger problem with Ninjutsu and Bushido is you can't casually reprint them except on planes that specifically have Ninjas and Samurai, which is rare because those are arbitrarily different from Rogues/Assassins and Knights.

I wanna FUCK those RATS
by reprint do you mean in return to kamigawa standard scenario or just a general reprint series like within modern masters?

Not sure what you're asking. Is it possible? Yeah totally. They print "fixed" versions of cards all the time.

If we really want to be pedantic, I'm sure WotC has the capablity of reprinting all of Kamigawa if they wanted to.

Well, you do have Blue in the mix, so I suppose you could drop a creature-type changing effect onto the field for it. Like Hivestone and a blue card that changes instances of creature type text so that everything on your end of the field is a Rogue. Or Changeling effects.

Not really much advantage to that, except suddenly all your Ninja can trigger Prowl effects and Rogue tribal like Cloak and Dagger.

It doesn't /have/ to be kamigawa but I want it to be standard legal at the time.

This would require WotC to be reasonable with creature types and mechanics, which it never will be.

These are the same guys who said they want to simplify creature types and then produce more Naga and make Aetherborn separate from elementals for "reasons."

Hmn. Wonder if you could do a Rogue toolbox deck with things like invisible stalker?

Ninjutsu as a keyword is fine, just making the ninjas creature class Rogue is enough. Splice onto Arcane can be made into Splice onto Sorcery, safely if you adjust the costs upwards. Remove Arcane. Soulshift can be made Lifeshift, and safely by default probably at that, given how bad the cards were. Sweep could be better with some simple synergy mechanics, like "X: If you returned a land you control to your hand this turn, you may play an additional land.".

Evoke is Channel done right. Transform is Flip cards done right. Bushido is fine, Offering is fine.

Then you just make the flavor more pop culture-y and the powerlevel more reasonable and BAM!

Kamigawa that's adored the MtG fanbase.

Ninjustu and Bushido could have been Ambush and Honor or something. More easily able to be included in other sets with different flavor.

Looking at the ninja cards, I kinda want a ninja themed edh deck.

>muh parasites
>muh nagas
>muh aetherborn

What is with the influx of autism about keywords and shit? I bet you faggots were buttblasted that Gremlins weren't just classified as Goblins because HURPDURP MUH TRIBAL

Remember this is the company that says that Suspend is confusing to new players, Kamigawas mechanics are also confusing, that Storm will never return and then goes and makes a fucking Duel deck with Storm cards , suspend , and a bunch of kamigawa spirits in it.

I hope they never return to Kamigawa. The set is perfect and is filled with weird and interesting mechanics you just dont see nowadays.
Kamigawa, OG Ravnica, Time Spiral, and Zendikar are the best blocks of all time with Innistrad getting an honorable mention.

"Modern Masters 2017(or 2018?): The Reprintening" when MtG?

Otherwise you'd have to go back to Kamigawa to run this shit, but a lot of it looks pretty fine. And as says, it becomes a much more neutral keyword and suddenly other bandit-type creatures can get Ambush and Knights and/or Soldiers can get Honor.

Add Lorwyn and I'll agree with you.
I really want them to do a sequel/revisit of Kamigawa though, just not until they fire the current writing team and actually hire people who give a shit about good lore/flavor.

>Ambush and Honor
10/10 contact Wizards

Every "mistake" in Magic can be easily rectified. they have the power to print literally anything they want. R&D just doesn't want to.

What if they brought Kamigawa back, but it was a new powerhouse, on the level of phyrexia/innistrad powerhouse.

After seeing the utter train-wrecks that were Return to Ravnica, Zendikar 2: Electroboogalo, and Revenge of the Innistrad I'm inclined to agree. That's why I'm really worried when I hear people talking about Wizards returning to Dominaria.

Ninjitsu and Bushido will probably get the same treatment Fear did.
Made into a new keyword, almost identical. They wouldn't replace it on cards that already have it

RTR's "Bloodrush" used to be called ambush, but was replaced for some stupid reason.
I'm thinking higher ups had a problem with the word itself.

>Wizards returning to Dominaria.
>returning to Dominaria.
>Dominaria.
NEIN NEIN NEIN NIEN NIEN!!!!!!!!!!

Still wouldn't care, personally. MaRo's gone on record saying if they ever did go back, it'd essentially be to ruin the plane because it was unpopular and Wizards is that spiteful. And if them returning to a fan-favorite got us Return to Ravnica and Battle for Zendikar, I shudder to think about what they'll do to a plane they actually want to fuck up.

Maybe Wizards is so incompetent that if they tried to fuck up a plane it would actually turn out really good?

I thought people liked RTR. Or was it just excitement to see shocklands reprinted?

We can only hope.

A lot of people did, and I daresay that at this point it was the majority of players' first experience with Ravnica, but I wasn't fond of it myself.

Not contributing but I really like my ninja deck that was built from that precon. Especially when everyone is new and doesn't know how ninjas work.

I personally believe it was just the shocklands
>And thus, this user put's up his hat and never deals with Wizards ever again.

Seriously, they go back to Kamigawa or bring back Phyrexians, I'm fucking done. I don't need to see things I like being buttfucked by Wizards, and I'm done being a masochist for them.

my bet is WotC will get rid of Dominaria offscreen and say shit happened and blowed up, next step is making Ravnica the new center of the multiverse because fuck it, we like Ravnica

It practically is already, we've not seen Dominaria in what... twelve years? And Ravnica was home to an Infinite Consortium cell (not that I'm sure they even remember they wrote those guys).

>we like Ravnica
I liked old Ravnica, not this new bullshit they have. This is why I usually stay with the old sets (every once and awhile, they release some good cards or they get the right taste. Sadly, those cards are getting less and less).

Speaking of Ravnica, how is it not in full blown civilwar since the Guildpact is off playing hero on a hundred other planes.

Dumbass has a day job, an important one at that.

yes, they already reprinted some in the modern masters bullshit.

the problem is that 99% of kamigawa cards are named "Oni-katuch kami of kamuchi tea" and it's a legendary rat samurai ninja.
they would be out of flavor pretty much anywhere but another japanese theme plane or reprint sets like modern master, but even in those Wotc might want some kind of coherence.

the reason sensei divining top (and possibly umezawa's jitte too) were not kaladesh inventions lies 100% in their name.

They've teased at it, but as is common with the Wizards of current year, it hasn't amounted to shit thus far. I wager we'll go back in two or three blocks since they'll want to save it 'til player enthusiasm hits an all-time low, at which point we'll probably get an interguild war, or God forbid another fucking revolution spurred on by the Gatewatch.

Ravinca civilwar when?
>tfw the nephilims come back with a vengeance

>The few missing original guild leaders come back and are like "What the Fuck are you doing!?"
>Niv is like: Uh. Fuck... Thought I got rid of you guys
>Rakdos fully wakes up and is in control of himself.

>another fucking revolution spurred on by the Gatewatch.

I'd be fine if they stayed and helped stabalize the plane they overthrew, but as it is now, it's just them going from plane to plane, overthrowing the government or combating some apocalypse, then they leave the plane in shambles and go to another one to throw it into total chaos.

I can never figure out why Arcane became the poster child for parasitic, when technically, ANY plane wth powerful magics can easily support Arcane and Splice onto Arcane. Fuck, Arcane should be able to come back in Amonkhet, since Bolas is known for his potent and ancient magic, this is the dictionary definition of arcane. It's not a difficult mechanic to create support for, and there should be at least SOME design space (costless Arcane spells, When you Splice this spell triggers. If you can make Curses exist across planes I see no reason why Arcanes can't.

It's because Kamigawa did poorly and corporate fuckwits like the ones at Wizards have a tendency to overcorrect when trying to improve their image:
>Kamigawa was bad?
>Clearly we didn't mishandle Splice onto Arcane by playing it too safe, it's just a bad mechanic!

why do old mechanics matter anyway for revisits? it's not like any of the blocks where we went to old plane reused the mechanics

Wizards is a corporate entity that seems keen on responding wrongly to customer feedback. Already I can see them saying of the Aftermath mechanic, "oh, it's not popular because players don't seem to like the layout so we're not bringing it back" as opposed to "players don't like them because we played it too safe with the power level and upshifted their rarities too much, so next time we'll try and give more powerful effects at lower rarity levels."

And they'll respond to Amonkhet's general unpopularity by declaring their player base a bunch of racist alt-right man children and proceed to insist on making more DINDU and WEWUZ planes just like Marvel.

splice into arcane is a glorified tribal, but it's even more narrowly designed than tribal creatures because all creatures have a creature type and they usually don't get designed to be worse just because they have a well supported one ( ex:zombie), while arcane were mostly overcosted for what they did.

perhaps it could have worked if both Ravnica and mirrodin had support for Arcanes, but developing tribals for creatures across multiple standard sets does not seem problematic, while arcanes were definitely out of flavor for both Mirrodin and Ravnica and that was left them no chance to not be parasitic.

What are the chances that the "corporate" that existed post-Kamigawa is even still working for Wizards/Hasbro anymore.

We know the people working on the game are still there. But there is a good chance whatever overlord overseeing the game has been replaced by a bigger yet different moronic overlord.

They have a fiduciary responsibility to not shit-talk their own product even if some people within the company know it's crap. To sabotage sales of your product can and will get you fired.

Which is fine. But what they CAN do is say that whoever was giving them feedback were obviously not the right people to listen to. Throw those people under the bus, there's no legal repercussions to that. Point out the retards who provided said feedback and that's a good enough mea culpa.

Except they won't, they won't admit that the people who take their surveys and fill out their feedback forms are complete fucking retards. They won't admit that they were too goddamn lazy to send out people to actually visit stores and meet actual players just like every other lazy company out there. They'll rely on marketing firms or even the shills they've bought for feedback like Loading Ready Run or LSV or Marshall.

In the end, it's our fault. For a bunch of whiny babies we (or our peers) won't actually punish the company by not buying their shit when they give us repeated years of shit product. Every fucking year the Masters product sells out at my store as well as Commander and while that may be in part to smart purchasing from my store there is no fucking way a smart customer base would buy that trash.

They've reused so many basic creature mechanics in the past years I just see them as vanilla creatures. I'm tired of seeing Wind Drake, creatures that are just keyword dumps, their fruitless search for a black combat trick +X/+0 +lifelink/deathtouch/indestructible.

They just evergreened Prowess and we just saw a reprint of a 1/3 with Prowess in red. Fucking why?

I know this is a tired thing to say, but I blame Reddit.

It's just a safe, censored, and moderated place and it provides a gathering place for a variety of opinions from the community. That is not inherently a bad thing.

The bad thing is that it's cheap i.e. free-to-use, which means that the company can just pay someone to monitor Reddit to instead of setting up an effective feedback system.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anybody from Wizards attends GPs. And I don't mean useless people like coverage teams I mean they don't send the development teams out into the wild and talk to people. That might only happen for PTs (as they are Wizards events) and there are only 4 of those a year. There's also the Player's Champ or World Cup at PAX and PAX itself, but I've never ever seen any Wizards staff at PAX doing any fucking work. And if they did asking the goddamn pros are like asking an alcoholic why they love booze.

>In the end, it's our fault. For a bunch of whiny babies we (or our peers) won't actually punish the company by not buying their shit when they give us repeated years of shit product. Every fucking year the Masters product sells out at my store as well as Commander and while that may be in part to smart purchasing from my store there is no fucking way a smart customer base would buy that trash.
The problem is that Wizards essentially has a monopoly on "serious" card games, at least here in the states. If you want to play Yugioh you're met with Konami jewery and underage weeb memesters. If you want to play Pokemon, odds are you'll have to deal beating up kids at your local scene. Force of Will takes all the negative aspects of yugioh and MtG and rolls it into one. Vanguard is fucking dead where I live. There's nothing else to play.

That being said, I haven't voluntarily bought a sealed product in years. I know that I still directly support the game by buying singles, but at least I don't directly support Wizards.

Too confusing to new players.
In our focus groups people thought it meant "I am a bush"

Because subtypes on noncreature spells have to be there for a reason. If all spells had subtypes, then Arcane could show up in multiple sets and not be parasitic. But their policy is that they need a mechanical reason to attach subtypes like that, so we won't get more arcane until there's a set with a mechanic that interacts with it.

Honestly, I think it'd be rather cool if all instants and sorceries DID have subtypes. Primal spells, divine spells (in both black and white), arcane spells, maybe even stuff like fire spells and the like. If they were everywhere, then you could have fun spell tribal stuff where casting divine spells makes your holy warriors stronger and whatnot. But it's too late in the game's lifetime for such a huge change, since nearly 25 years of cards would be out of the loop.

This makes it the perfect rename for the ninjitsu ability. All ninja can now disguise themselves as bushes.

Americans write what they know

The Japanese don't exactly make a serious card game themselves. And thanks to Magic many Living Card Games like Dominion gets broken in half the moment any number of people realize card advantage is king. Race for the Galaxy is pretty good though. I feel that Magic has world dominance by the merits of its superiority.

It's just fucking sad that Magic is just another one of those things in life where you know it could be better but it isn't. It could certainly be worse true, but we know what worse is like with Pokemon or YGO. And every fucking time they do something that is very obviously worse I just get overwhelmed with the sensation that whoever is in charge has no fucking clue what "good" or "bad" is.

For a while there, I was actually happy that Jace, Liliana, and Chandra were the new faces of Magic. I felt like they had the potential to be Serra Angel or Akroma except they would have the capacity for more personality. Except they're not. And looking back Serra Angel and Akroma actually have more personality than the three of them combined.

I haven't bought Sealed product in years myself. Buy singles though although nothing that actually justifies opening a pack. The pile of commons and uncommons I buy from the store are pretty much garbage that the store can't actually sell. The funny thing is that I look at Amonkhet and the only thing worth talking about are the commons - the cyclers for Living End. Everything looks like fucking poison for EDH, Cube, or any constructed format. I look at Enigma Drake and think, "Is that what you think is worth your fucking time Wizards? Perfecting the Spellheart Chimera or Wee Dragonauts Izzet flier?" Goddamn.

I would have called it "Gangbang". Every time I used the ability that's what I wanted to say. I think it would have been funny if I hadn't known it would trigger actual people in the store.

>inb4 cis white male perpetuating rape culture

>But what they CAN do is say that whoever was giving them feedback were obviously not the right people to listen to.

Focus Groups 101:
Nothing the focus group says or thinks actually matters. The powers that be will selectively ignore, misinterpret, or outright molest the data until it says what they want it to.

I think the thing is, nobody at Wizards realizes that what they're writing is an analog for shit American foreign policy. If they were smart they would bring it about and show the Planeswalkers were responsible for fucking up a variety of stable (albeit cruel or primitive) societies.

Could you imagine if that was the plan all along? That it was some monumental fuck-up of super heroes ruining shit they don't comprehend?

But of course they won't do that. They're just fucking heroes every time. Someone would get fired for writing Gatewatch as incompetent throwing who knows how many hours of character art design and writing into the shitter.

RtR was a bastardization of Ravnica to the tune of a saturday morning cartoon plot. The cards themselves were fine, which is what most players look for and like, just those who like the flavor were upset.

I'm still upset because it's probably the version of Ravnica we'll get in the future.

UR is the worst color combination. Red and Blue have always gone together; I've played many UR decks.

But UR cards are shit. Just the fucking worst multicolored cards of all the color combinations.

Yup. It looked like Ravnica but it didn't feel like Ravnica. Instead of magical communist equilibrium like the original, they had "it's just like any other shithole; literally cannot keep the sewers operational". Surprise Merfolk!

It's funny that they successfully emulated original Ravnica draft, which in my opinion was terrible. RtR block draft was play trash 5-color decks with excellent fixing until you smashed each other with what amounts of vanilla creatures. Granted RtR's creatures were chunkier but it didn't change the fact that everyone was playing 5-color abomination.

Don't get me wrong, 5-color abomination is fun, but not when that's the only thing you can do.

>Just the fucking worst multicolored cards of all the color combinations.
Not the user you were talking too, but I concur for the most part. Still have an eventide UR deck that I still play casually though.

Underrated

Considering the tales of playtester stupidity I've heard, I wouldn't doubt it.
"So, since it's a bush, I get a forest, right?"

No, they should've been Atogs.
Then we could've gotten an Atog reprint instead of a functional repring
It's not like they haven't varied what creatures look like on different planes. Just make Kaladeshi atogs cute and there you go, classic Magic creature type that already has artifact fuckery connotations, has (exceedingly narrow) tribal support already, and doesn't change anything at all other than not adding a useless creature type.

They said Storm won't be printed in a standard-legal product (aka have any new cards printed for it that matter) because they're either going to be broken as fuck or disappointing as fuck with no middle ground.

But user now I can finally build my 8-Atog deck.

>having to add cycling to all cards that have "when you discard on them" because people are retarded
JUST

They're also why we can't have land tokens, IIRC.

>super pumped for another innistrad block
>spoilers drop and eldrazi 4: the revengining speculation takes off
>I hope for the best but deep down inside know that they're going to just fucking ruin everything

Innistrad is just another example of Wizards ruining another fantasy equilibrium. The thing that is most depressing is that they know they're doing it. They said outright they regretted ending Khans on a Dragon clusterfuck instead of a stable Khans system - the block's sets should have been reversed.

And yet, they're still telling the story of how things are getting fucked up. It's not stories that take place in the world, you're not a Planeswalker just doing the tourist thing. No, you're watching things go to hell.

Kamigawa, ruining the relationship we had with the spirits. Time Spiral - I don't know. Lowryn, let's ruin the goddamn cycle. Alara, let's smash together the shards just to see what it would be like. Zendikar, they're never going to be Indiana Jones the Plane ever again. Scars, we are never fucking getting Mirrodin again. RtR, we fucked it up the last time we were there. Innistrad, monster-Avacyn equilibrium restored, but we fuck it up with Eldrazi forever. Theros - admittedly probably fine. Khans, dragon clusterfuck.

If you think about it, the following places or their environments and their foundation concepts and unique culture that have existed for who knows how many thousands of years are extinct: Eventide, Bant, Jund, Esper, Grixis, Naya, Guul-Draz, Mirrodin, the Khans, everything Avacyn was created to maintain, the Inventor's Fair, the oligarchy of the guilds (thanks unguilded).

Why? Because you can't relate to fairy tale land. Gotta have humans. Gotta have fucking racial diversity; what's cultural diversity. Let's do what's popular: dragons, werewolves, vampires, dragons, steampunk and do NOTHING creative with them.

Did the fucking vehicles do anything actually interesting from a flavor perspective? Because it seemed to me they were just Juggernauts.

youtube.com/watch?v=8iusUq4-f5U

I really really really liked the meme how with Avacyn's release at the end of original Innistrad block she creates the issue of demons running rampant on Innistrad becoming a larger issue again as well as this werewolves that wanted to be wild vs Wolfir wanting to maintain what was left of their humanity thing and then SOI rolls up and says "Uhhhh, nevermind LMAO ELDRAZI"

Dragging the Eldrazi to Innistrad all for revenge was a fine idea. Totally badass.

Everything else including ruining Innistrad beyond all repair, not the best. Could have milked the Plane for another two blocks before unleashing the Eldrazi on it.

The only one you're wrong on is Ravnica, and only on the return.
Guilds are still there, still entirely in charge, the whole thing with the unguilded went literally nowhere and was solely there for Gatecrash to have something going on beyond HEY THE OTHER FIVE GUILDS.
Instead, the entire thing that keeps the gulds from tearing each other apart...has been convinced to go galavanting about across the multiverse wrecking the stability of OTHER planes, thus wrecking the stability of Ravnica in the process. Assuming Wizards realizes what they're actually doing with their own plots and doesn't end up just doing something ELSE when we return again in three years.

the whole revenge plotline was contrived to begin with
>nahiri rolls up to find sorin exhausted but fine
>gets upset and sorin just says "whatever" instead of manipulating nahiri for the benefit of his plane

"Oh, I was making something to protect my plane so I could do JUST THAT if the need ever arose at the drop of a hat. It just COINCIDENTALLY happened at the exact wrong time. Give me a bit and I'll help you check, you said you took care of them after all." and instead of her being pissed off, she thinks he was acting on her behalf and is willing to put it aside and do some stuff for him most likely.
Instead, I'M OLDER THAN YOU I KNOW BETTER GO AWAY UGGGH FINE YOU'RE GETTING A TIME OUT.

>not 8-Tog

>implying WotC will ever print a set half as good as Kamigawa again
I've lost all faith year after year of nothing but trash

>Lavinia huffs and shrugs and says "that's our Guildpact!" and the laugh track plays

The confict in Rav 3 being due to Jace's negligence is a .001% chance.

God dammit

God /DAMMIT/

Honestly it would just make more sense for Sorin to state what he was doing
>I was making defensive preparations for my own plane so it would be fine even without me
>You know so I could be fine to leave and help you in case you ever needed
>It just seems like this happened at a bad time but it worked out because you seemed to have taken care of it
>Let's both go see what's up with Ugin though and then the three of us can double check our safeguards after all your plane's safety is my plane's safety
AKA the line of action that would ensure that the useful planeswalker that Sorin essentially raised and trained wouldn't go apeshit on his home world as well as making sure that the architect of the Eldrazi's prisons would be around to keep them well maintained so that they would never threaten his plane as was the whole point of binding them to Zendikar. It's like the awful fucking story telling you would expect out of a daytime drama where it just forces scenarios where rational people would go "well my friend of a thousand years probably had a good reason for this let me hear him out" instead of "YOU BETRAYED ME"

It's so accurate it hurts

Seeing Ormendahl the card, then reading the story, I still have no idea what the fuck his deal is. He's like the leader of the Skirsdag in card lore getting summoned via human sacrifice at Westvale, and in the short stories all I remember him doing was possessing some dude's wife.

Quick rules question with sneak. If I have an unblocked creature with first strike would it deal first strike damage, sneak in a rogue and then the rogue deal it's damage?

Yes since after first strke/double strike damage calculation there is a round of priority you may trigger ninjutsu then and deal normal damage with your rogue

>instead of adding a useless creature type they should provide support for a long forgotten useless creature type

topkek

>parasitic
Define this term in the context of Magic.

>really dig the Kahns flavor
>suddenly HURPDURP DRAGONS and they drop the interesting wedge factions for a shittier half-a-Ravnica

>fucking ruin the new Innistrad block by forcing even more Eldrazi right after we already got a whole fucking Eldrazi block
>lore is absolutely fucked
>worst of all they go through a SECOND Innistrad block with no Ludevic card and then print that godawful turd in a commander deck

Can't wait to see Nicol Bolas show up and destroy Amonkhet. I wonder what will get to irreparably destroy Atlazan.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/few-more-words-rd-2016-11-07

Parasitic—This term refers to the quality of caring about things that are unique to the set/block it appears in.

it means "things I don't like"

Splice onto arcane is defined as a parasitic effect because the only cards you can use them with are other arcane cards. So basically parasitic means lacking out-of-block support.

No, you cannot, because you can use Ninjutsu (or in this case, Sneak) when a creature becomes an unblocked creature (aka the opponent decides not to block something) - this is during the Declare Blockers step, before any of the damage steps. Once it moves to the First Strike damage step, it's too late to go 'woops ninjas'
It's very similar to a 'when a creature is blocked' ability except in reverse.
Section 509 in the Comprehensive Rules by the way.

The determination of a creature being unblocked:
>509.1h An attacking creature with one or more creatures declared as blockers for it becomes a blocked creature; one with no creatures declared as blockers for it becomes an unblocked creature. This remains unchanged until the creature is removed from combat, an effect says that it becomes blocked or unblocked, or the combat phase ends, whichever comes first. A creature remains blocked even if all the creatures blocking it are removed from combat.
The status of being unblocked persists until the creature leaves the field or an effect says it is no longer unblocked or the combat phase ends.

All damage from each combat step is assigned simultaneously after which triggered abilities from this damage goes on the stack and then finally:
>510.4. Fourth, the active player gets priority. Players may cast spells and activate abilities.
>510.5. If at least one attacking or blocking creature has first strike (see rule 702.7) or double strike (see rule 702.4) as the combat damage step begins, the only creatures that assign combat damage in that step are those with first strike or double strike. After that step, instead of proceeding to the end of combat step, the phase gets a second combat damage step. The only creatures that assign combat damage in that step are the remaining attackers and blockers that had neither first strike nor double strike as the first combat damage step began, as well as the remaining attackers and blockers that currently have double strike. After that step, the phase proceeds to the end of combat step.
Which means each step of the damage step is repeated for the purposes of creatures without first or double strike including the triggers and round of priority allowing ninjutsu to be used in time for the normal damage step.

It made the first post too long but the details of double strike and first strike interactions/removals is important to note for the sequencing of the separate damage steps as well:
>702.4b If at least one attacking or blocking creature has first strike (see rule 702.7) or double strike as the combat damage step begins, the only creatures that assign combat damage in that step are those with first strike or double strike. After that step, instead of proceeding to the end of combat step, the phase gets a second combat damage step. The only creatures that assign combat damage in that step are the remaining attackers and blockers that had neither first strike nor double strike as the first combat damage step began, as well as the remaining attackers and blockers that currently have double strike. After that step, the phase proceeds to the end of combat step.

>702.4c Removing double strike from a creature during the first combat damage step will stop it from assigning combat damage in the second combat damage step.

>702.4d Giving double strike to a creature with first strike after it has already dealt combat damage in the first combat damage step will allow the creature to assign combat damage in the second combat damage step.

I played once again someone who had an older card that, instead of "Enchantment" was "Enchant Plains," and she thought that meant it was a plains.

People are dumb.

Genju of the Fields says Enchant Plains right on the fucking type line. I totally do not blame someone for assuming it is a Plain based on that.

Enchant Plains should be in the text box and it is in the errata and Enchantment - Aura in the type line now. But there is zero fucking reason to shit on someone for reading it exactly how they've been taught to think it is.

That's on fucking Wizards.

That person might be dumb but the reason you gave for thinking they're dumb is wrong.

>Splice onto Arcane can be made into Splice onto Sorcery, safely if you adjust the costs upwards. >Remove Arcane
splice would be assbackwards powerful without arcane. you should not be able to use splicing onto just ANY sorcery, unless you wanna create specific splice conditions for each card with it.

No, that's because that's how it used to work.
Just like how Pacifism used to be an Enchant Creature - you Enchant a Creature with it.
The problem here is that it's an older card (that's been errata'd to fit with new wording) and someone familiar only with newer stuff.
If you were to show someone who's been playing for ten years (and somehow has never run across it or looked it up) an ABU Icy Manipulator, and asked them how it worked without looking anything up, they'd assume it just lets them tap shit for 1 mana and have no idea what the 'mono' means.
I'm not sure why you're saying it's 'on fucking Wizards' when they changed these things specifically SO THAT they'd be more understandable at a glance. Once upon a time, (bad at the rules) people claimed you couldn't hit Pacifism or Genju with Naturalize because they weren't enchantments, they were enchant creatures/enchant plains cards. Wizards made things BETTER, but because of that 'that's on fucking Wizards'?

I lost myself there. 'and someone familiar only with newer stuff wouldn't be aware of the various changes the game's gone through over the two and a halfish decades it's existed.'

You are unabashedly retarded. Thank you for perpetuating the meme.