Song of Swords: Audatia Tabletop Simulator Mod Now Available!

Last time on Song of Swords:
New schools!
New shields!
How bashing people in plate armor works!
Iconic character either dwarf nobleman's daughter, cartographer, or both!

The KS link & Opaque's website
kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. The Kickstarter was nearly 300% funded, and we're on the fast track to kicking ass baby.

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread.

We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room, but now we have a much better way to play Audatia: Tabletop Simulator! The (official!) mod for Audatia is now up and running!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904774480

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904774480
guywindsor.net/blog/2017/04/audatia-online-free-tabletop-simulator/
strawpoll.me/12744105
wsiltv.com/story/35137761/man-with-sword-bulletproof-vest-fights-police
youtube.com/watch?v=dryvI9ERK80
youtube.com/watch?v=D3bE5SkBeD0
youtu.be/xMQhj12wYC8?t=7m31s
youtube.com/watch?v=iFnuBu9sOSU
youtube.com/watch?v=krrRszcS7gc
store.steampowered.com/app/365360/
youtube.com/watch?v=3L7VJl76i9U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At last we no longer need to fiddle with Roll20 to play Audatia. Now all decks and the armor and German expansions are available for anyone with Tabletop Simulator to play for free!

It's in the OP, but here too: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904774480
Guy Windsor even wrote about the mod on his blog. guywindsor.net/blog/2017/04/audatia-online-free-tabletop-simulator/
Guy gave his permission to upload the mod, so this is effectively the official Audatia mod.

I used to think Tabletop Simulator was a gimmicky program and not very good, but then I got it on sale for half price and it turns out it's actually very good. It regularly has meaningful updates; just yesterday it got an update bringing it to 64-bit.

If you're at all interested in the game, please check out the link and download it.

Now put varg's face on the big guy.

Vikernes should've gotten a needle in his arm, not a prison sentence. I would have paid good money to watch him die, crying for his mother. Fucking criminal.

What exactly did he do?

Burnt churches and stabbed one guy to death

Stabbed a guy like a hundred times. He claims the guy was plotting to kill him and attacked him, but it's not clear how much veracity that one has. I'm not sure where the vitriol comes from--he is a criminal, but he isn't like an especially gruesome one. I don't think about him any more than any other murderer.

Sounds like every PC in an RPG, especially Riddle of Steel

Hey nerds, what's the all-around best spear in game for everything?

Half-Pike.

Arming spear is the good reliable simple stick. Poleax's can be used as a spear, and are very versatile, but short for a spear. Spontoon/Halfpike are late era but pretty solid all around.

Meat pole

EL reach spear

Goedendag to you mijn herr
Eventually

strawpoll.me/12744105
IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, VOTE FOR THE THREAD CHARACTER.

upvote for indonesian swords

sexy

indeed!
I love weird swords from weird places.

specially from places where armour is uncommon. people get so creative with shapes there.

They just shaped them after the shape of their dicks

Actually, i think that the second one on the left, that splits into two might be a traditional tool for ritual circumcision.

Do you guys think that a Cinquedea with a custom tight grip would simulate a Katar well?

There's a pretty horrible .gif going around of a guy getting one done in Africa, he's just standing there with his arms folded while the guy hacks away.

Horrifyingly high grit.

no

I have no idea how fighting with a katar works desu.

WHAT NEW SCHOOLS?!?!?

Unless someone gives me an alternative that's what I'm going for

Make it something you can use some of the unarmed maneuvers with.

As far as I know it's just that the school mechanics are supposed to change. I didn't see any actually new ones

Also make thrust better and slash shitter.

I feel like 7(+2p) is already good enough, the only thing I'd change is increase STN by one

Ayy, I actually remembered seeing that implement, in the old Kuntakinte slave tv series desu

Bump

I keep getting an advertisement on YouTube for some Indian historical drama. Princes and shit, it looks amazing but the ad is in Indian so I can't even search to find it.

>dork sails

>Some psychopath in my town is going around shooting people at random because his wife won't talk to him
Well, guess I'm skipping class today. What should I watch /sos/?

West Side Story may be topical.

Three Kingdoms

Really? Where?

John Wick.

The Empire of Corpses / Shisha no Teikoku by Project Itoh

Lucky Number Slevin. Or Army of One, if you like crazy Nicholas Cage stuff.

Meanwhile, where I live: wsiltv.com/story/35137761/man-with-sword-bulletproof-vest-fights-police

Apparently there's quite a variety of lengths and hand protections available, ranging from 12-35 inches of total length(H-S), and from the later two-bar handle(1-2) to earlier clamshell and pata-like hand guards(3-4). Likewise, the type of blade can be quite different, from a cut down broken backsword blade to a cinqueda like wide blade to narrower blades for piercing mail and even flammard style blades which were popular in southern India.

So Armet or Salet? I just can't decide guys.

Sallet.

And the pop-out blades which I've seen claimed as useful for parrying.

Some videos of katar use
Katar & buckler youtube.com/watch?v=dryvI9ERK80

katar parrying: youtube.com/watch?v=D3bE5SkBeD0

A video of Zombie go Boom stabbing a replica head with one. youtu.be/xMQhj12wYC8?t=7m31s
If the timecode doesn't work, it's 7:31 into the video.

Here's a vid of someone cutting with different katar. youtube.com/watch?v=iFnuBu9sOSU

Aaaand here's a video of someone cringing with katar. youtube.com/watch?v=krrRszcS7gc

For what purpose?

Because you look super cool when people only see your mouth and lower

Isn't there a link in the video?

Medieval Judge Dredd is Best Judge

This hurts my heart.

hi rhade

G-gurifiss?

Sexy.

Is this /ourgame/?
store.steampowered.com/app/365360/

yesnomaybeidon'tknow

Well, it has swords. But does it have real politiks?

>chibi hex tactics
Nah

>chibi

I dont think you know the meaning of the word

Buy it for me and I will investigate.

SoS Steam group when? Or is that shedding the user too hard?

Why would you want to stop being user?

>Buy this bundle to save 0% off all 4 items!

yes

At the moment Audatia is front page on the slideshow for Tabletop Simulator's most popular items this week!

>More huge riots in California
>Jimmy conspicuously absent

News of Rome's arrest for attacking a crowd with a poleaxe when?

rip in peace jimjams.

Based /pol/axeman

>Implying jimbo wasn't celebrating Ressurection of our Lord and Saviour
Absolutely heathen.jpg

>man buys off the Dead bane; notorious leopard seal & sepsis fetishist on other end of the planet celebrate 2000 years later

Found him

Correct.

>Hunting seal meat
NEVER

any news on magic yet.

Do you want one?
Does anyone else want one?
What would even be the point of it?
The discord channel is already stretching anonymity, it's all good though.

youtube.com/watch?v=3L7VJl76i9U

> meanwhile at Opaque aka Song of Swords creative process

>Every session in the Roll20

>Thread trying to get Jimmy to post new lore.

SEARING ENIGMA TUESDAY

Kralchester, capital of the Krajina in Albion, is a city that has grown steadily upwards over time. The city is regularly flooded, and most buildings were supported by large pilings to elevate them over the water. However, these pilings are public property, and extend far above most of the original layer of buildings, and thus could be built upon without permission from those living below by anyone with money to purchase ground. Over time the pilings have been raised, and at this point, Kralchester extends nearly a hundred feet above the ground. Most of the upper levels are crudely built shanties, connected by rope bridges or planks, and only recently has a new "top" level been reserved for the building of respectable establishments by the local government.

The lower levels have become increasingly difficult to navigate and sanitize, a patchwork of ever-shifting ropes, lean-tos and shanty-buildings, populated by uncountable masses of criminals, vagrants, and worse--Zells.

This territory, below the gleaming surface, is called "Old Kralchester." The Kralguard rarely venture into the miserable underground, preferring to hire local criminal gangs to patrol it for them and keep some semblance of order. Recently, however, word has come that parks of Old Kralchester have "gone dark." They have simply ceased to exist, replaced by emptiness. A black pit with no bottom. Parts of the lowest levels vanished first, but it has slowly grown. People light torches on the outskirts of the pit, and watch them for whatever dark forces is excavating the heart of the city, but every so often an outpost vanishes, and the darkness spreads.

Over it all, Kralchester Tower looms, hundreds of feet above the town. Queen Dahaka has taken a personal interest in the corruption of her city, and has put calls out for investigators skilled in the study of the paranormal...

I actually do own a 1796 light cavalry saber, but it's a replica. I ain't got the money to deal in authentic pieces.

Jimmy, King's got his band of hunks, right? Does he have a second in command or anything like?

The second position in King's band is constantly in flux, as the only metric of authority any of them respect is strength. Particularly strength at arms.

For a long time, his presumed second has been a man called Duke (King calls him "Grin") who is said to be one of his better students.

King's men are drawn largely from bands of brigands, thugs and bandits. King normally recruits these men by beating up their leaders and forcing them to join him. It is common knowledge that should any of King's men be able to defeat him, they would become leader of the band. Thus far, this has never happened.

Bump

So it's the neverending story meets the kowloon walled city or what

It sounds like a pretty cool city desu. Medieval Slav-London Kowloon with impossible physics space in its depths?

Where do mage stones come from?

Imagine a Kidney stone that you can only get via the practice of arcane arts that never pass and must be cut out

>Imagine a kidney stone
Let me stop you right there friend. No one deserves that. Not even the thought.

I think it's mined.

So that's where the C.I.S. scum come from