ITT Reverse Creatures/Monsters

I always find you can get some fun stuff by reversing monsters, especially when you're in a creative dry spell

I'll start:

Vampire
>Can only ever be in light, darkness makes them freeze
>Loves the morning/early hours of the day
>They lose their cuspids
>Can't stomach meat of any kind, let alone blood
>Become extremely fit and muscular but lose any ability for magic or supernatural powers
>Have a dark, rich tan
>Extremely social and charasmatic, everyone in town loves them
>Can heal injuries
>They're blood can remove curses
>Hate to be around others of its kind, no evil secret society
>Loves Garlic, untainted human blood can kill them

Other urls found in this thread:

forevergeek.com/2016/03/reverse-mythological-creatures-illustrations/
imgur.com/gallery/BDe1v
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Succubi
>Physically repulsive in every way
>seems very otherworldly, makes no efforts to blend in
>Angelic in nature
>very antisocial and withdrawn, awkward and rude in conversation
>Very straight-forward, does not often have ulterior motives;cold and emotionless
>Sent down to be a benefit to mankind
>Often helps men make correct decisions when tempted
>Androgenous, hard to tell whether it's a female or male, if they have any gender at all.
>Will never betray
>Have no sorcery about them
>ardent hatred of slavery, will go to far lengths to undermined and subvert the institution where ever it exists

Reverse Dwarves
>Tall and lanky, easily tanned, hairless
>live as nomadic herders or far-fairing sailors
>horrible craftsmen and misguided merchants
>very humble, little attachment to racial or clan identities
>mediocre warriors, slings and spears are their preferred weapons
>cannot form meaningful relationships, but are cordial and polite to everyone they meet
>humble, soft spoken, eloquent
>distinct philosophical detachment from worldly objects and ideas

Lich
>Super healthy looking immortal martial
>Spends all his time lifting and journeying the world destroying dangerous tombs and making the world safer
>Can only be awoken by destroying their souljar
>Known for their lack of knowledge, but friendly nature.

Mimic
>Is exactly what it appears to be and it has a very obvious appearance that isn't uniform, but is commonly something possessing undesirable traits
>Very mobile and loud
>Commonly eases people into a sense of security

Damn, I'm going to throw in an anti-lich knightly order like this now

Dryad
>Hates trees
>Usually a hideous male with a wicked nature who is very open and noticable
>Tend to be the destroyers of forests, groves, and nature in general
>Mobile, but bound to a special axe which they usually use on trees
>Come in few variations
>They tend to be shunned by animals sometimes even violently rebuffed
>Short fleeting lives.

Hydra
>Their blood is a known anti-toxin prized for its healing qualities
>They possess a singular head, shared by many bodies that resemble birds of prey
>When a head is lopped off, a shriveled deformed half body regrows in its place, unless the wound is burned

>Join us on our quest to gain gains.

Gazer
>Countless limbs, all muscularly toned, humanoid arms and legs
>blind as a bat
>Can't jump very high
>feral and stupid
>no mouth
>four times the size of a normal man

Mind Flayer
>Known for their lack of psionic presence making them almost immune to psychic attacks
>Disgusted by grey matter and cruelty
>Reproduce by putting other humanoid reproductive fluids into their heads
>Tend to be dimwitted cannon fodder manipulated by the wise and scholarly, yet wicked and cruel all seeing Grimlocks

Gorgon
>A creature of such beauty that stone becomes lively flexilbe flesh around them.
>Usually male, with rare females
>They appear as snakes with humans for scales
>Dwells within oasises in deserts close to many people
>Doesn't handle being alone well
>Created when a priest had consensual sex with a goddess in a temple of a god who was friendly with the goddess in question and was all cool about it.

Cockatrice
>half killer whale, half panther
>lives in lakes and ponds close to civilization
>its gaze can heal the wounded and sick, but also give life to the dead
>its inhalations can animate inanimate objects, especially stone
>is increasingly intelligent
>looking at itself in the mirror will heal all their ailments, and make them larger and more powerful. Their lairs are often lined with mirrors or reflective surfaces
>the sounds of a weasel are particularly enjoyable to them, often times to the point of enrapture

daredevils of sassoun my dude

hell yeah

Reverse Skeleton
>empty suit of dead flesh, puppeteer-ed around by some unseen force
>behave very inhumanly
>serve no master nor guard any treasure/tomb/dungeon
>cannot use any equipment
>roam around the world, behaving unpredictably
>more likely to be a boss or miniboss rather than a grunt

Holy fuck that actually sounds like a great monster to encounter.

>tfw realizing my strict but fair horrendously obese 3rd grade teacher was actually an anti-succubus who descended from heaven to help mankind before Burger King sent her back
Ms. Duncan, I will never forget your sacrifice.

>before Burger King sent her back
shit, bye sides

So an old testament angel, but with a rebellious streak

So Satan?

reverse human
>quadrupedal
>tail
>8 limbs, 4 highly specialized limbs
>no head, multiple eyes on the side of its body
>no mouth, creates nourishment by photosynthesis
>reproduces asexually
>very antisocial
>has some weird kind of land animal gills
>fleshy exoskeleton
>can change skin color like a chameleon
>only lives in very, very particular environments, cannot adapt to foreign climates almost in any capacity
>nigh immortal

I tried my best. It'd be cool to see what someone else comes up with though

>Unicorn
>A hideous stallion with a conical indent in its head
>It seeks out virgins and the pure of heart to murder, before ferrying their corpse as a "rider" for all to see to strike fear into the hearts of man

How big and deep is the indent

You can't fuck it, user.

Sounds like a hecatoncheires

I'll get you next time

If that was all arms on top of all legs, then yeah. I was trying to remember what that was called desu senpai

I love this idea.

Loch Ness
>light-emitting wisp-like monsters that live in in the sky
>colony-type behavior, each 'Loch Ness' is actually comprised of billions of microscopic organisms that collectively form an omnipresent web
>literally impossible to miss unless you're blind
>so ingrained into the human psyche that it is thought of similarly to clouds
>for over a thousand years people have claimed to see it disappear overhead and fly away for the horizon, but that's never been scientifically documented and is considered an urban legend today

>Bigfoot

>Noted for her small hands
>Translucent skin from all the time spent inside of civilization
>A common fixture of any settlement; there's a church, a school, an anti-bigfoot
>for whatever reason, she gets incredibly anxious when not in others' view, and will always try to be as public as possible
>For years, it was rumored there was one that stepped in the woods

Ghosts
>the contented spirits of those not yet born
>hyper-social and always active, trying not to dwell on the futile eventuality of life
>regularly perform blessings in hopes that they will be welcome to a family's home, to procrastinate being forced into a mortal corpus

>With humans for scales
Are they gigantic, or are they tiny humans

Tiny humans I suppose

Gargoyle
>A fleshy creature in the shape of a stone or some other inanimate object, many appear to be boulders of flesh
>Highly mobile, rarely able to stay place in one area
>Usually they go around to make areas less protected
>Are resistant to magical attacks, but have no resistance to melee and mundane weapons

Troll
>Smaller usually orange creatures found in deserts mostly
>They are fairly unimpressive physically, yet are agile, intelligent and cunning known for setting traps and using tools in combat
>Commonly they form groups for combat
>They can only heal when burned by acid or fire, usually they carry vials of acid or torches on them to ensure their healthy nature
>Usually a friendly group of creatures that hate the taste of meat and prefer to just be gathers/nomads
>Other races consider their presence a boon since they take it upon themselves to go on minor quests or slay monsters

Goblins:
>Tall and handsome
>Impressive physical strength, but not very smart
>Extremely honourable and always keep their promises
>Famous for their incredible generosity and altruism
>Extremely hard-working, like manual labour
>Hate machines and engineering
>Greatest ally of the Dwarves
>Only conceive a single child in their lifetime and love him more than anything
>Very gullible and easy to take advantage of
>Live in sunlit plains and worship the sun

Dragons
>Small herbivorous mammals
>Smart for animals, but well below average human intelligence
>Short-lived by human standards, grow very weak as they age
>Tend to be uniformly one color, usually brown
>Despite being rather mundane animals, are beloved by princesses as they are extremely cute
>Often bred by Squires or Knights as gifts to be given to princesses as a result
>Can be a bit of a pain as they like to throw away their owner's belongings and never keep any toys given to them
>Be careful when cooking around them as they are extremely flammable
>Very nervous of heights, and don't acclimate well to high altitudes

Orc
>Usually coming in brighter colors with smaller bodies and slender frames
>Weaker than average with more dexterous builds, their women are lusted after, and many wish to be ravished
>Their numbers are few, yet they slowly are growing
>Known to be far sighted and tend to fail at short term plans, they must prepare for their lives are long
>Commonly the victims of raiders
>Prefer more advanced or ranged weaponry in the rare times they do engage in conflict
>They usually oversee lesser forces of good to guide them
>They are rigidly bound to the forces of order and righteousness
>MFW I made TG elves

Dullahan
> A disembodied head floating through the air has a warm and inviting smile
> There is no sign of injury or wounds indicating a decapitation
> Despite floating, the sound of footsteps can be heard
> Always accompanied by beautiful white stallions walking beside them, carrying bags filled with gifts and toys to give to young children
> A Dullahan's path is easily blocked, any wall, closed gate or door will signal to them that they are not wanted, and will turn away
> They enjoy company, making friendly conversation to any who choose to walk alongside it.
> They adore and are easily fascinated with rare metals, such as cold iron or gold
> Where they stop walking, something good is sure to happen
> Sometimes they enter a town and loudly declare a name
> Whoever they call will soon be a parent
> The Dullahan will ensure the delivery of the child will have no complications before moving on

I'm imagining something that's born when a traveller lost in the woods is killed/dies to the elements and the soul refuses to move on. The blood seeps out of their body and forms the axe, which acts as the foci for their hatred. Short, violent lives as they run their course before their entire body falls apart as it's consumed by the axe. By the end, they're little more than a sillouette of their past selves wielding a wicked looking axe before that too fading and the only evidence the Daradyd even existed is the wanton destruction left around them.

Were Wolf
> An ordinary wolf
> By the light of the sun it transforms into a human
> The man is civilized and sophisticated
> Finding himself trapped in the woods, he begins to build shelter and hunt
> Often he winds up killing other wolves of his own pack
> Every night the wolf turns back, and finds evidence of a hunter killing his pack
> The wolf destroys the shelter of the man in anger
>The cycle repeats

I might actually make some of these creatures, the reverse Dryad and troll that I made so far seem like they could be decent creatures for some games, that and who ever made the dullahan is fucking awesome

Make the scales human faces, and you're golden.

They sustain their life by engulfing living beings, wrapping around them and falling into a deep slumber to slowly consume the entombed victim via secreting digestive juices.

Shit, didn't see this one until I was already done with mine...

Gorgon/Medusa
> The hooded head of a cobra attached to an otherwise beautiful body of a human
> Crawls around on all fours
> While believed to be generally harmless, hide themselves away in dark dungeons and caves of their own volition, finding most surface life hideous and frightening
> They often use their magical breath to animate statues or carvings they find in the caves and ruins they inhabit
> They spend their time playing with their stone friends, though the magic is only temporary.

Gotta admit I like yours better though

>>half killer whale, half panther
what?

I got two versions of the rust monster

Embroidery Monster
> Large golden spider creature with gemstone like eye growing crystals on its body
> Strip metal from anything it can find from abandoned objects or adventurers alike
> Coats it in a shining saliva that makes the metal shine bright like silver
> Produces webs of solid gold that it weaves into the metal with beautifully intricate designs
> Sometimes it will rip the crystals from it's back to embed them into the object
> Hoards it's beautiful creations, putting it's favorites on display in its home, an abandoned palace, museum or other suitable place where expensive art and treasure would be found.

Embalming Monster
> Large beetle with fine needle on its face like mosquito
>Injects it into flesh of enemies and releases a deadly poison that paralyzes before stopping the heart
> Once it's victim is dead the creature removes the body from it's equipment, to which it has no interest
>Proceeds to drain the body of blood and replacing it with it's poison, preserving the corpse in an almost statuelike stiffness

Can only be killed by rebuilding their soul-jar would be better.

Can't be permanently killed, the soul jar only temporarily kills it as long as it remains intact

I dunno, cockatrices are serpentine chickens. I tried to think what the opposite of a snake mixed with a rooster is

These are both bretty good

This whole thread is pretty good desu. It'd be fun to run a reverse setting

Hag
>Attractive and young all male beings that live in cities
>Often try to tempt the well off and non-needy into making good choices
>Terrible at magic, except the removing of curses and blessing newborn children
>They are usually good with rare cases of them promising aid, yet never giving it at all

Witch
>little boys, though they sometimes use glamours to turn themselves into ugly fat men
>God asked for a pact with them, siphoning some of their powers in return for making them stronger after death
>Highly skilled Craftsmen, very industrious, but are awful at the sciences and alchemy
>try to expose corruption and magical deception, often times going on harrowing adventures to do so
>Journeymen
>Artificially shortening their lives in order to restore the purity of others
>known by their skull caps and loose clothing

God damn I laughed too much because of that

Reverse Harpy
>A large predatory bird with muscular human arms and legs.
>Unable to fly, it crashes through the undergrowth, strangling and throttling anything to slow to get away
> On some occasions, they may take a liking to human settlements, leaving strangled game and other food items at people's doorsteps
> Reverse harpies sing beautifully, and their trilling, twittering, multilayered songs can leave both human and animal listeners enchanted. So enchanted that they don't even notice as a 9 foot tall man hawk crashes though the forest and strangles them to death.

Gross mushroom skin

Goblins
>Smart
>Few in number
>Generally unarmed, but they wear nice armour
>Strong but slow moving, deliberate
>brave as hell, almost never rout unless they know they can't win

This is actually an interesting concept. I like it.

Sound like those big guys from Mass Effect, the elcor

Reverse Human
>assymetrical body layout
>various limbs
>limbs are used to walk and for one other skill
>pairs of limbs are used in conjunction to do the other skill
>again highly specialized to one environment
>spontaneously generate from the environment
>nigh immune to accidents in that environment
>smooth hairless exoskeleton
>various methods of breathing or taking energy from environment
>usually photosynthetic, except in cases of the most extreme environments (such as caves and polar regions
>vehemently antisocial to the point of preferring death over meeting or forming bonds with another of its kind

Mimic
>Treasure chest given mimic abilities.

a little like elves

oh addendum
>no central brain, instead they have a central nerve ganglion like a cockroach
>their extremities are much tougher and larger
>it varies between different members, but their organs are usually in their limbs, or where their limbs meet their torso
>no head, instead they have eyes and various sensory organs spread throughout their body

Not that slow, those guys have like 2 dex. We're talking +2 int, str, -4 dex.

Beholder
>cuboid body with a giant nose on one side
>elephant-trunk-like appendages on the top
>each trunk can manifest a spell-like ability by exhaling
>exhalations from the main nose enhance magic
>humble creatures fascinated by exotic, foreign things
>deep sense of solidarity among their own kind; they tend to treat other members of their species as if they were family

Gelatinous Cube
>heavy, hard, smooth black spheres
>attack by crushing their opponents
>startlingly cunning creatures which employ clever tactics
>they hate being coated in any residue from their victims and will go to great lengths to remove such stains

I think I like the simplest possible take on a reverse rust monster— an animal that vomits metal onto adventurers.

>>vehemently antisocial to the point of preferring death over meeting or forming bonds with another of its kind
So they reproduce through budding like polyps?

>Can only ever be in light, darkness makes them freeze
The brighter the surroundings, the faster the creature can move. Flashbulbs = temporary super speed.

The creature is effectively indestructible, so it was sealed away by being buried alive so the darkness paralyzed it. This worked perfectly until some unfortunate adventurers misunderstood the "not a place of honor" warnings and released it.

I was thinking that they would spontaneously generate from the environment around themselves, but I kinda like this more. So, yes they bud off and find different environments before they grow fully.

Reverse Siren
>Listening to other's voices will cause the speaker incredible pain, and sends them into a frenzy
>They use this ability to ward off land traveler's from danger, repelling people far from them
>They are burly men with the head of a fish
>They are known warriors, almost always clad head to toe in suits of fishy armor
>Smell like trout
>Their singing voices are just ok

>not a wolf bite that cures lycanthropy

>>They possess a singular head, shared by many bodies that resemble birds of prey
I have absolutely zero clue how the fuck this supposed to look

A bunch birds all sharing one head and neck that branches off into other bodies my man

Imp
>A large chaotic good land bound beast from the nine heavens of the devils
>Usually they get wizards to serve them as righteous agents
>Holy creatures not skilled in manipulation or scheming, they are well known for being trustworthy
>Many are also utterly terrible at stealth, making any attempts to do so comical at best.

>reverse chimera

See, I was going to say a reverse unicorn would have 10 horns and constantly try to pick up sluts.

>Reverse Sphinx
>Cute humanoid girl with a Lion Head
>Super fucking dumb, with a complete lack of foresight.

Maybe like this?

>tfw when no headfu

Stolen.

In some ways this is the Solar Exalted, fittingly.

I kinda like this race of not!Pawns. It'd be really good for a wizard's servant staff.

I think Ravenloft had a critter like this.

It took more than an hour, but I managed to compile most of this. Good thread, friends.

Doing Reverse God's work user!

Reverse God
>Female earthbound creature
>Denys any connection to religious writtings refering to it
>hates everyone and everyone forgets about her after they leave
>always has no clue whats going on or what is about to happen
>Very materialistic to the point of obsessive greed
>Demons and evil things seek her out for advice
>Often convinces others heaven isn't a real place

That's already a thing though
Females already exist

I appreciate the support.

Alright, that made me chuckle.

Amended.

Flammable sea-level dogs.

Any given tumblr poster

>Nothing about smell
>No mention o earth-shakig girth
>Nothung about bright coloured hair warning of toxicity

I dunno user, doesn't sound much like the tumblr i know

>can only sleep on crosses
>they burn the moon

forevergeek.com/2016/03/reverse-mythological-creatures-illustrations/
imgur.com/gallery/BDe1v

so basically vegan jersey shore guidos with healing abilities

I really like that mermaid

>Cock slave the race.

my sides

Blink dogs
>Dimwitted muscular feline creatures.
>Extremely wicked and domineering in nature, will refuse to take orders under any circumstance.
>Have the ability to keep themselves and anything/anyone that is eithin its jaws bound to a single spot indefinitely.