Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1445: Several Hours Later Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Anyone know how the DMC update is going?

>Several Hours Later Edition
>Last Thread
> →

You missed user.

Ok /jc/, we've had talks about Worm, what to do there, etc, but there is something I'm wondering.
For those who visited the Wormverse, what Power Classification and Threat Ratings did the PRT / Protectorate give you and why?

I think that unless you're a very early-chain jumper, the sheer width of options you have access to means that you'll be given a Trump rating. Even grab-bag capes only have so many powers, the only explanation that would make sense to the PRT would be that you're a Trump in the same style as Eidolon. Probably a pretty high one, given some of the things you can have access to.

>Question: Seeing as they're in your soul, would someone in your Inner World count as "[being] on the same plane of existence" as you?
I'd guess not.

Yeah, when asked about it, I pretty much refered to myself as a 'discount super-Eidolon','discount' because I don't have the sheer number of available powers as Eidolon and 'super' because I can access much more than 3 powers at the same time and some of these powers are extremely powerful on their own.

The whole thing is being scrapped and rewritten as a Generic Romantic Comedy jump.

Okay , here's what's happening so far with Destroy All Monsters

three months time limit

three origins three different possible rewards.

Here they are from least to most expensive.

>Earth military

You are a military leader of the planet Earth,your goal is to keep your nation from being conquered by the Kilaakians and minimize both casualties and damage, you choice of United Kingdom,USSR,French or Japanese Governments, but if Any government suffers a higher percentage of Casualties in military and/or civilian losses or greater percentage of property damage you lose.

the reward is that you quickly find a equivalent position available in a local country Every future jump If you wish .

>Kilaakians

Kilaakians comes with free Alternate form as a Kilaak Planet Person. no, that does not necessarily mean you will automatically become female although you will definitely Be perceived as one by Earth People who can't tell the difference because of your Disguises. you have roughly 30 ships including the fire Dragon and enough science to remotely control both monster and human minds as well as some fairly good space travel,your goal is simple, conquer the Earth and found the beginning of a new scientific civilization

the reward is you Get a new warehouse attachment big enough to house everything and everything you started with, is replaced along with A free data terminal with complete records of the art and science of your species

>Kaiju

>i'm still working on this one definitely need help and ideas and probably going to scrap most of this .

here's a twist of you take this origin Godzilla never finds the Kilaaks underground base but ,You andGodzilla must defeat not only the Kilaakians,but all the other Kaiju to At least the point of unconsciousness to free earth,the reward is an extra 700 CP and you keep your Kaiju form as a alternate form.

I need a perk that helps bridge the gap between theory and practice.

Help me find a perk that lets one make the jump between "reading a book about brain surgery" and "performing brain surgery."

this is a shameless plug but check the dead rising gauntlet.

Read and Ye Shall Know from Girls und Panzer.

fire emblem tellius has 'maybe i'm just a prodigy.'

How badly did I fuck things up if, in BlazBlue, I was the one that charged through the Kiln and became Hakumen instead of Jin Kisaragi?

It's like watching two strangers argue about jelly on sandwiches when one's from the US and the other's from the UK.

To original question user: my guess the reason you're having trouble is because the author is defining "mind control" as shorthand for "total mental takeover" while you're defining it as shorthand for "any degree of control over the mind". The Notes section makes this clearer - if you missed it there's actually one more page after the Ending page...

Or to put it in D&D terms, the author is saying "it's not mind control because it's Charm Person, not Dominate Person". So yeah, it's a mind-affecting effect but not an absolute one. HTH.

Is Mercy a good choice for a companion?

Did nobody ever teach you not to bring old stupidity into the new thread?

What perks allow for sharing other perks aside from Sacrificial Bestowment? I remember there were a few jumps that have that 'sharing one perk per jump with companions'. Does anyone remember in which jumps those perks were?

One of the better options, though it means convincing her to leave a world she's sworn to try to protect as part of Overwatch.

You're thinking of sharing is caring from black bullet albeit limited to one companion. Personally I'd suggest going to wish upon a shenron.

I don't remember what that one was but for bestowing perks try lip service from Medaka Box or the power copying stuff from young justice although you will need to build power armor for them

Black bullet lets you give one perk to one companion and Kingdom Hearts lets you give one perk at a time to another person with a short ritual.

Akuma of Your Own from Infernals lets someone slowly learn all your perks.

Just remember to threaten Ragna a lot and find a way to permanently kill Terumi and you will be fine.

Where was the perk for eating energy fields larger than one's head?

Don't recall exactly where, but there is the Key Crest in Tales Of Symphonia that allow you to survive it.

Helck is fucking sad.

Where can I get good Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Evil canon companions?

Any perks like "One Hundred Times My Own Power" from God of High School or "Removed From Context" in Young Justice?

Helck is fucking stupid.

overlord the series

how hard would it be to kill Anankos in fire emblem fates?

Is there any way to merge multiple suits of power armor together?

You're stupid.

Rude.

Kamen Rider Heisei Part Final: Decade has a very good option for that

Scholarship from VtMB helps go some way with that.

It's starting to get less sad. We might even get a happy ending.

Request for the inevitable Helck jump, Piwi/Piuy/whatever his name is as a free/50 CP companion.

Whatever happened to the Toon jump that was being worked on? I remember it being basically complete a few weeks ago.

Series is about to end. Or at least the current arc. Let's wait until it's over.

Not knowing a whole lot about Overwatch, couldn't you just tell her that she's not really leaving since time is frozen? Or that leaving will give her the opportunity to gain the skills and abilities to be a better hero when she gets back?

I know this is a little late, but it says right at the bottom of the One Piece jump that the weakness to water is gone, but devil fruit powers can't be used while submerged.

looks like someone who smells like lavender

on top of what everyone else already mentioned, im pretty sure if you forego the outsider's powers in the original dishonored jump, you get the jumpers mark, which allows you to let your companions share one of your powers at a time or something like that

Her world won't be in danger after you gone, and she can help people who need it in others.

Actually it says "If you ate a devil fruit in your time here... you no longer get sapped of your strength while in water" and their question was about what happens if you eat a devil fruit after your time here.

Going by the wording of the paragraph the weaknesses only goes away if you eat the fruit while in One Piece.

welp, looks like its time to come out of hibernation for this one

official word of god on this one - any devil fruit purchased with CP no longer saps you of your strength in water, but still refuses to activate while submerged, regardless of if you continue your journey or decide to stay in the world. any devil fruit you obtain and eat while within the world will be beholden to the same conditions if you move on or return home, though will retain the typical 'sink like a brick' drawbacks if you decide to stay in-world. taking a devil fruit beyond the bounds of the world before eating it puts this protection/removal of drawbacks outside of the benefactor's control, making them act as they typically would regardless of whatever world you decide to eat them in afterwards (ie - you will still have the water weakness).

as for the idea of gene-engineering devil fruits for your own purpose, it has been done in-canon with zoan fruits, though as far as i know, not to any spectacular effect. if you have the perks and equipment to understand devil fruits and how they work, yes, you could feasibly artificially replicate them, though i'd put it at the same degree of difficulty as trying to infuse yourself in other bloodlines in naruto - probably an absurdly high failure rate unless you've been stacking these kinds of perks for a while.

now, while im here, anyone else got any other questions about one piece or monhun?

Hey digger and/ or heavens

questions about the decade gauntlet

1.why is key to the kingdom. A prerequisite for gate Guardian? it was all cards in the Canon version

2.Do the cards you get at the end have to be cards if you took key to the kingdom or can they be whatever gimmick they were?

3.aside from mugging or time traveling post spark is there any way to get KaijinRide ,FormRide,AttackRide,etc cards?

Noblesse.

He lives and sails the seas again.

Update to add canon companion option when?

Yo, what's with all the ancient namefags suddenly awakening lately? Marvel, Dante, You...

I'm pretty sure Evermore jump has a perk that makes you better at stuff as if you were practicing at it just by thinking about it.

Is it really you?

I need perks to steal other people's waifus.

Just out of curiosity, why's the Copy-Copy Fruit only tier 3 even though it can easily give you the ability to use three tier 4 powersm

social charms from exalted.

No you don't.

I want to companion them, user. So mind-rape and the brute force is out of the question.

silly, thats what pods are for!
but no, seriously, i don't have any plans to really update the jump further unless i'm missing something MASSIVELY CATACLYSMIC

damned if i know. i just heard through a friend that someone had a one piece question and figured 'fuck it, im awake now, may as well answer it'

aye, me hearties, it is

because as it is, you have to go out of your way to collect said powers. it doesnt give you anything aside from the ability to copy. if it gave you 3 random powers a day, that'd be a different story, but as it is, i think its place is more or less fine

What kind of stealing? NTR? kidnapping?

Hope shit's gone well for you elsewhere.

Is it NTR if they were never together in the first place, even if they were "fated" to get together?

>because as it is, you have to go out of your way to collect said powers. it doesnt give you anything aside from the ability to copy. if it gave you 3 random powers a day, that'd be a different story, but as it is, i think its place is more or less fine
Okay, fair enough then.

Do you copy the full suite of their powers permanently?

Last time on writefag: Jump-chan is an over-excitable teenager and after some loser fell into a wormhole leading to her room, she decides to send him on an adventure. In the World of Ace Attorney, user had recruited (or rather, been recruited by) the adventurous Katrina Wellengood, and managed to bullshit his way into ten years of a defense lawyer career.

At the turn of the decade, he considered going home, only to be persuaded by Jump-chan's sad face and the temptation of adventure to give a few more jumps a go.

Jump 02: Batman - The Animated Series
Origin: Vigilante
Perks:
Timm Design
Gimmick
Secret Identity
Friend of the Police
The Flying Jumper [1600]
Disappearing Act [1500]
Martial Discipline [1300]
"Peak Human" [1100]
All-Star Training [800]

Items:
Costume
+Body Armor [200]
+Utility Belt [0]
Jumper Industries [550]
Jumper Computer [450]
Stately Jumper Manor [250]

Companions:
Rogue Gallery

Companion Import - Kat Wellengood [700]
Origin: Vigilante
Perks:
Timm Design
Gimmick
Friend of the Police
Secret Identity
The Flying Jumper [500]
Martial Discipline [300]
World's Greatest Mind [0]

Items:
Costume

Drawbacks:
Just A Man [1300]
No Killing Rule [1400]
Mass Hysteria [1500]
Rogue Gallery [1700]

(1/2)

A downpour falls onto a dreary street. A tired, old radio plays in the distance, the lyrics barely heard over the falling rain.
>"..ouds of mystery pourin'…confusion on the gr-"
A gunshot echoes into the street, an open hand falling down onto the ground, lifeless. A pair of boots run into the rain in a hurry, splashing
>"…good men through the ages…"
A pair of shadows emerge from the darkness and leap to the assailant. He fires a shot. He does not fire a second, falling down into the pool of rainwater on the concrete.
>"…tryin' to find the sun…"
A masked man holds down the culprit before slapping a pair of handcuffs on the thug. A shorter figure in a mask looks down inquisitively, her outfit colored a red and black with a flowing cape behind her.
>"…and I wonder, still I wonder…"
High above, a signal light shines into the sky, marked by the symbol of a Bat.
>"…who'll stop the rain."

This is going to need more than a few posts. Full version forthcoming.

It all depends on why you get the boner.

Anyone have that CYOA the /cyoag/ folks did for us on Christmas?

Why

meh. life is being life, like it is for everyone. i just keep getting swept up in so much crap that i've all but lost any time to keep up with the jumpchain threads for a long time. such is life, though.

you can only copy passive powers on touch (like, say, mimicking the clear clear fruit or rubber rubber fruit). anything more complicated or damage-oriented (ie - most logia types) require you to take a hit of it in order to replicate it, which means if you can tank something like whitebeard's quake or ace's fire, you'll be able to replicate it. you keep these powers as long as you have a slot to keep them in, but once you get rid of one of them, you have to grab it/tank it again to use it again

Do purchased Devil Fruits leave you if you die?

who is it?

Sekirei the Jump, also Matchmaker And Matchbreaker from Hamtaro can help you out.

I know, but what I meant is once you do touch then/tank the attack, will you have the potential to use all of their Devil Fruit powers or just the ones similar to what you got hit with?

Could social charms be used to shitpost on the internet?

If I use Receptive Doves to get a Devil Fruit pregnant, will our child be half-Devil Fruit?

the fuck is wrong with you

that I do not knowit would probably be an enhancement of something that affects the written word to extend it to copies of things you have written

no, you keep them if you die in the chain, much like with any power you pick up. its the benefactor's consolation prize for being amusing as long as you have been

explicitly, you can repilicate what you got hit with, but depending on what it is you got hit with, it could also let you use other aspects of the fruit's power. getting hit with ace's fire fist doesnt mean you can JUST use fire fist - you can essentially use most of his devil fruit from that attack simply because 99% of his arsenal is throwing his fire around in a certain way. for whitebeard, if he punches you and cracks everything, youll know how to do the crack punch, but something like how he ripped the air sideways to completely fuck up an entire island and the surrounding ocean might be a bit beyond you unless you're creative. essentially, the very OBVIOUS/easy applications of a fruits power when you tank it are probably going to be easier to replicate than the more specialized ways it is used in

...i dont even, dude.

>Sogeking stole your waifu
Get a new one, she's gone.

Taking Everything Gets Worse from Worm doesn't actually change canon, does it? I assume it just assures that you encounter all the bad stuff that goes on in Worm.

...This comes up in the Modern part of Shards of the Exalted Dream, actually.

The answer is yes, but unnatural mental influence conveyed through the Internet or other electronic means will slowly degrade as it is read by more and more people. Natural mental influence works as normal though.

No valerianfu :(

You might change canon if you cause the bad stuff to be somewhere different than where it was supposed to be. Like, if an S-class threat goes after you instead of attacking where it attacked in canon, that could change things.

Thanks.

I could have sworn I had something I wanted to ask you if you ever showed up again, but now I can't remember what it was.

I had an entire lifetime of memories poured into my mind. A life where I had bumbled my way through the career of a defense attorney. A life where I had been living in a simple, unremarkable home for most of my life. And then I remembered that most of that was where I had just come from, and the life I had lived in Gotham was both backstory and setting-dressing.

I feel like I should be having a serious existential crisis right now, but I decide to chalk it up to 'reincarnation lol' and not think about it too hard. Overthinking things is what gets me into trouble, anyhow. So I'm the last living heir of an expansive technological company, rival to Wayne Enterprises, called Voyager Industries. The similarities are uncanny, except while Bruce Wayne's parents died of a gunshot in an alley, mine had died in a car crash caused by hedonism and poor life choices. I suppose that's why 'this' me doesn't feel much angst over the whole thing.

I can't help but wonder if that's just my benefactor showing mercy to me.

Anyways, the company practically runs itself and I get to live large in a mansion. But naturally, I felt obligated to do something about the crime on the streets. Past me, or 'this' me was inspired by the debut of the Batman to construct a bird-themed costume and train to become a vigilante and clean up the streets of Gotham. Internally, I couldn't help but mock the notion. "Yeah, and there will be kittens and puppies and sunshine forever." I knew damn well things wouldn't get any better in Gotham and it was likely beyond my power to fix.

Still, it would be a fun distraction, right?

Hey Worm, do abilities gained by Thanatos stack or does it just take the best version?

Say you killed a fire mage first and got the ability to do fire stuff. Then you killed a more powerful fire mage. Would it just replace the power of the first with the second or would they stack together?

Mercy is pretty great, unless you buy into the "Mercy is secretly the BBEG" theory.

I don't walk around naked damn it! Just shirtless!

Not Worm, but I think Thanatos works more by learning from what it kills than straight copying, so I think it depends on why the second mage is stronger.

If they're literally the same apart from powerlevels, there'd probably just be overwriting because it's learning from a better version of the same thing. If the second was stronger because of something like different techniques, then they'd probably stack.

>Mercy is secretly the BBEG

wat

what is some of the higher end stuff you can find in eclipse phase?

Oh hey, if you don't feel like answering any of that's cool , but let me know you saw okay?

There are people who think that Mercy, tired of the shitshow Overwatch had become, is the one who set up the bomb that nearly killed both Reaper and 76. And that she made Reaper into a monster on purpose.

>Mercy is pretty great, unless you buy into the "Mercy is secretly the BBEG" theory
That actually suits me better.

What jumps besides Nanoha have perks or abilities that help you turn enemies into friends/lovers? I want to waifu the Infernal Exalted from the Once There Was A Maiden... drawback in the Sidereals jump.

>modern part of Shards of the Exalted Dream
I fucking hate exalted even more than I already did.

Brains is pretty good, but I don't know if it's quite applicable to your situation.

There is one in aSoIaF.

After years of wanting to punch people in a silly courtroom, I finally have the body and training to do it. I try out my new martial mastery in training and find that I'm definitely a lot better coordinated than I've ever been in my life, feeling an adrenaline high from the experience. It was…intoxicating. Before, I had to work with what I had gotten and had to make do. Now, all the right tools were in my hands. I can do this. I can win against whatever they throw at me. Just like Batman, right?

Of course, stupid me had forgotten that Batman had been in plenty of unpleasant spots, especially in this iteration.

But luckily, I didn't have to face it alone. I would be joined by my trusty sidekick who was both smarter and more hot-headed than I, Katrina W. Good. The two of us, we'd take to the streets of Gotham and turn criminals in wherever we found them. It was, simply put, exciting. Running along rooftops, getting new tech to tackle the crooks with, the thrill of a chase and being a costumed detective and having a cozy home to return to…it was a dream come true.

Of course, no superhero story is complete without an archenemy.

There was a third childhood friend in my backstory, from a rich family. His name was Michael. His family's company was a pharmaceutical enterprise called NuLife. We had consulted him a few times on things like the Joker's laughing gas or biological agents some of the more colorful rogues used. One day, he disappeared without a trace. We searched high and low, but couldn't find him anywhere.

Almost a year later, he returned…different. His facial blemishes were gone, his appearance looked almost angelic. I remember him having a calm smile before he tore an innocent man's throat inside-out with a lazy grab of his hand.

Hey KOTOR user, if you're here, will the Samurai Jack update have a perk for becoming a force ghost like the Scotsman did in the last episode?