Kamigakari Thread: "That guy keeps posting typo's" Edition

Sweet. Lets keep the ball rolling.

For a challenge, what would your favorite anime character be, in your opinion? try and build them, and show us what you got.

Baseline stuff
mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/kAPTscfu
pastebin.com/z24q9dMC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've already posted examples of a fair few characters, fate and nanoha, killua, someone did celty and heiwajima shizuo.

Lets see what you all got. Pic related should be my reaction

Should I repost the Expansion 1 typo report?

What i'd do is make a pastebin of it, then paste that here. I'll make sure KA see's it.

Here it is:

pastebin.com/kAPTscfu

I'm not a registered user, so I'll post these piecemeal.

Yeah, thats fine. I'd rather a few small links than the giant walls of text, lol.

Here's the report for the Core.

pastebin.com/z24q9dMC

Thanks for the report, but don't bother with finding typos in the expansions. Although it hasn't been restated a lot, the stuff in the pastebin is raw, unedited, and not very good. I mean the PDF obviously wasn't either, but the pastebins are another layer or two moreso.

I like the Cyborg race. Seems powerful.

Was the Demon-Eyed race created solely for Tsukihime's Shiki and Naruto eye powers?

OK. I'll proofread the PDFs then when they're released. I can't help myself. ;D

Oh yeah, I've seen that in the pastebin.
I suggest you always hyphenate 'Demon-Eyed' to make it look like one term and not just two words.

Well, here's what I did for Expansion 2 before stopping.

EXPANSION 2

> Although outwardly it appears as though a freight company

I'd change this to: "Although outwardly it appears to be a simple freight company
---
> a global weapons dealer

'a global arms dealer'
---
> to develop powerful armament by ...

'armaments'
---
> these are disguised as though disputes

'as though being'
---
> In this fashion is the conflict between corporations, called the "Corporate War," continued without the public ever knowing.

'In this fashion the conflict between corporations, called the "Corporate War," continues without the public noticing.'
---
> with operations all across Asia, having established a firm position

'...Asia, it having established...'
---
> the third centry BC

'century'
---
Kill-Savant sounds extremely cringy. Mayber use 'Killer-Savant' or 'Savant-Killer'? Better yet, 'Murder-Savant'!
---
> while keeping vigilant for assassins

'vigilant for assasins'
---
> that is driven using spirit energy

'driven by using spirit energy'
---
> indistinguishable from a normal person, however there may be

'normal person; however, there may be'
---
Destroy Mode
> The effects are so great that it appears everything around you stands still.

'is standing still.'
---
Massacre Function
> dedicating every one of your artificial

'dedicating all of your'
---

I'll stop now.

The cyborg race is really strong, but its susceptible to magic damage, or physical damage, and badly. Its utility stats are a nice even spread, but it doesn't quite excel anywhere.

So far as demon-eyed goes, Eye based abilities have been a thing even since ancient mythologies. Medusa's stone gaze, as an example.

Special eye's are a very common thing in many mythos'

The Marebito Race seems superficially cool, but I don't have much use for them. Thoroughly meh.

Yeah, but c'mon. The target crowd for this game is obviously the /a/ fandom. What are they more likely to know?
They probably only know Medusa from Fate as Rider.

Frankly, if you don't know medusa from some source besides anime you need to immediately stop and get the hell out of your house.

Anime as fuck or not, there's a limit.

Really? for a super tanky build i could see it having a good amount of use. Its also not nearly as peaky as the cyborg race, as an example.

many of its talents are pretty interesting effects as well.

It's just a 'theme' mismatch for me, I guess.

Man, you weren't kidding when you said it was raw. There's a lot of failed copypasta in the Traits of the 2nd expansion's Cover section .

Yeah, I fail regularly on Covers alas. My goal is less to do them perfectly on the first shot and just to get them out there quick-like. That results in errors. Sometimes lots!

Well, to be fair thats sorta the point. Its "from another world".

"Abominable Bar-like Thing"

Is this a reference to something? It seems like a reference, but I don't get it.

"Rail Gun"

Now we're talking.

I didn't either. But it's probably a reference to... something... or maybe just a random joke.

Weapon 10 for instance is a pun based on the Japanese word for 10, which is juu, the kanji for which is 十. The weapon is described as being a cross-shaped item.

"Batbrella"

What were they thinking? I mean, it shoot bats ferchrissakes.

Well, if you are an elemental adept, you could REALLY be a railgun.

I don't think its a specific reference, but just a neat thing to have. If you read the text its technically not an artificial regalia by regular terms. Its just treated as one.

Rachel alucard. Remilia scarlet. I can think of a few other vampires that would use it like that.

"Full Metal Jacket"

The author sure loves his puns and references. Can't really fault him for that. :D

>Neuralizer
> Innocents subjected to this effect only faint, and do not lose their memories.

Oh, come on.

Megumin is all over Legion B.
(Without her specific drawback, though.)

There sure are a lot of Regalia and other items in the 2nd and 3rd Expansion. Just gonna browse those.

Maybe.

I think elder mage A seems a bit more megumin to me, but a mix of the two would be pretty cool

«Shadowrunner's High»

Hmm.

And I'm done.
I've read Expansions 1 in full, skipped most of teh items in 2&3, and browsed through 4&5.

Conclusion: It's a good game. The rules aren't too complicated and there's lots of Player options. There's an awful lot of 'items', though.
I recommend it to those who like anime/manga, and to those who like over-the-top action in their games.

Keep in mind, the GM section hasn't been put into any of those yet, in full. Even most of the 4th and 5th book isn't there.

Also, i think we'd established that already.

4th book is actually a big ol' 4-part linked scenario, like how the new book is going to be. It doesn't have much other than that. I might translate it, but honestly I'll probably skip it and come back later.

5th book has a lot of data, and also world setting info, focusing primarily on the Demon Hunter Society, and introduces a new city, and the concept of Domains, which are basically super-Sanctums. Domains are used to have "an entirely different city" layered on top another city, and those cities are filled with Mononoke who are generally friendly/neutral.

6th book is primarily a replay, actually, with some items, and I think introduces a new ruleset called "small scale supernatural incidents" but I haven't really looked into it much.

7th book soon. My shipment apparently is due May 1st or so.

>mirror world with friendly duders

I like that. Also, may 1st? seriously? those guys work fast.

Yeah, I know that. I meant that I read through all that's available so far.

Sounds pretty appealing.

As long as we get all the material eventually; I don't particularly care in which order you translate stuff.

Anyone got any characters they think would be a challenge to make?

I'm logging off. Have a nice holiday, y'all.

just a pic i googled real quick, but i didn't just wanna say happy easter.