Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/rules-answers-september-2015
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no topic? heres on.

Post ideas on how to make Sorcerer stronger, and more distinct from Wizard

Spell points

roll a Mystic and tell your table it's a Sorceror

I'm with this guy

Another one is how often do your players want to buy property? If they do how do you determine the income they can make running such a business?

Have Wizards take a look at their beta work on the sorcerer and go back to that. Also have sorcerers all use sorcery points.

Good idea but not the variant system in the DMG. The system in the DMG is far stronger than spell slots.

I like how layerable the monsters' abilities can get.

I have a few questions
Currently Gm'ing for a newish group of mine, my first time doing this
I have the scenario layed out and everything, and its mostly sandbox as well
My main point is that my players are currently trying to infiltrate an army camo that has sieged the city they have been in for the past few days. Can anyone help me with this scenario. The characters currently have found a way out of the city through tunnels underneath the sewer, and are still a few hundred feet from the camp lines, between the city and the besieging army, the layout of the land is farmland, with a few farmhouses, the army has only had enough time to set up siege weapons and started digging a trench to fortify their position.

we already have spell slot to spell point ratios for spell levels 1 - 5 from flexible casting, just use those and extrapolate for higher level spells

My main wonders are how should i simulate the stealth here and what about the siege weapons and army layout, and composition. I have 4 level 3s

>The system in the DMG is far stronger than spell slots
How? 6-9 spells can only be cast once per day regardless.

How the fuck does dual-wielding work in this edition?

Get two weapons with the light property. You attack with one as your main action you can attack with the other as a bonus action with adding your stat bonus to damage.

Fucking read the PHB.

without*

Instead of gaining spell slots, give Sorcerers the equivalent worth in sorcery points. Spells still "unlock" as normal.

Let them recover four points per short rest from the getgo.

Give Draconic Sorcerers permanent elemental resistance, able to upgrade to immunity with a few points.

Give them a Domain system

Give them some more spells wizards don't get. Maybe even give them access to healing.

West Marches campaign. I need ideas for random things they could com across in a spooky fey forest aside from two gay elves fucking.

THREE gay elves fucking

Bunch of bards dancing in a circle and singing to a dark god, Each bard is half bard half another class, led by a warlock type

fifteen gay elves fucking
gives a good question, why 15 and why here

You say you want them to infiltrate the camp? The easiest way to set it up might be to let your players use the enemies' gear to disguise themselves and infiltrate.

If the players want something less stealthy, maybe send them after some important item or person that they can use to persuade the army to desist.

In my experience, the goofy steal-the-goons-gear trope usually has good results. Infiltrating and torching that bitch from within could be pretty effective.

After casting your 6-9th level slots you can still cast a dozen 5th level spells with a few 1st or 2nd level spell left. 5th level spells are still very powerful, even at max level. Assuming 3 rounds per combat and 6 combats per day you can almost cast a 5th level or higher spell every turn.

>they have to be light

So I was reading it correctly and it's completely fucking pointless then. It literally exists so dual-scimitar Drizzts are possible, doesn't it?

You can get a feat that lets you use any non-two handed weapon user.

Why does it requiring light weapons make it such a big deal to you? Hell just take the Dual Wielder feat and you can Dual Wield two of anything that isn't twohanded.

Three hags_ fucking

Someone already acquired some gear, I'll probably use some of your advice and make it goofy as shit

Dead corrupted unicorn being eat by a paladin of Io because he believe is enact eating darkness away. And next to him is a sobbing pure maiden. There are other unicorns there too, but they dare not enter the corrupted land.

new to /5eg/. Found the SRD on astranauta.github.io and it's great, perfectly formatted to make quick 3x5 index-size spell cards out of, but i wanted to check and see if anyone had a pdf or something for all non-domain (or with domain, doens't matter) Cleric spells.

Is this one of those lich beholders?

So, I could use, say, a Longsword and a War Pick? Because that would be fucking dope as a pope with a scope.

A Gay dwarf fucking a Human Gay bodybuilder

how do i roleplay a catgirl necromancer that likes farting?

Need ideas. A clan of werewolves lives in the middle of the woods. What would their "settlement" look like?

a big smelly poopy poop poop pee butthole smell hole lole

lots of tents, only temporary,although that depends on how prominent and accepted werewolfs are. I'd imagine furs from animals they hunt.

Are you all gay?

An abandoned, supposedly cursed village. The abandoned village isn't actually cursed. However, the actual reason no one goes there anymore is due to a bandit raid decades ago.

this guy fucking op
when the pcs approach, this guy asks, Are you all gay?

A cradle made entirely out of wicker, with a doll constructed from teeth stitched together resting in it

A woman lamenting the fact that her love is dead who disintegrates into narcissus petals when you ask her when their love died

A thorny bramble that has fishhook like thorns

A pot of wonderful smelling stew bubbling over an empty firepit coated in ice

A small clearing where the wind only blows down the grass selectively, leaving perfectly upright grass in strange patterns

A tree with fruit that drips with juices. Upon tasting the fruit or the juices, the taster finds them to taste like herbs rather than fruit

Fireflies that insist on landing on the party until they leave their glade

A tree with nooses hanging from it's branches. On closer inspection, the nooses are made of tawny hair.

So my moon druid is gonna be op as fuck apparently. While they're busy trying to bask in the glory that's my PC, I'm going to take the dm's wife into the back room and fuck her brains out.

??????

Is making a party of PC's face off against a party of NPC's (of equal number and level, built like PC's themselves) fair?

I want to do a battle royal arc, with teams of 4, but I don't know if it would be a cakewalk, or if they'd get stomped. I know that in general the advice is to not build encounters like PCs, but I really want to bring back old character sheets from past campaigns and have them face off against parties of the past (not bringing back their actual past PC's, just their builds). I think it would be really cool and want to see if they notice at all.

So let me get this straight. A level 20 Fighter, dual-wielding, would get four attacks with his main weapon and four with his offhand? If he used Action Surge, would that be eight with his main weapon and four with his offhand for a total of twelve?

Normal: 4 attacks + 1 offhand.
Action Surge: 8 attacks + 1 offhand.

Attacking with your off hand is a bonus action, so no

Realistically, a normal village but all the doors and ceilings would be atypically high. Lots of smokehouses for meat, and a lot less grain than usual. Pelts fucking everywhere. Maybe a few chew toys for the puppers.

You can totally do that. Make sure you pick either fighter or ranger for the two-weapon-fighting and then you can add your attack modifier to the damage of all three attacks!

It's a bot or butthurt Pathfondler fans.

That's called rape.

Depends entirely on how optimized they are. Obviously a ranger with humans as his chosen enemy better against a party of humans. A wizard with a shit ton of hold person would be better than sleep.
1 attack, not attack action but just single melee attack, with their bonus action. So duel wielding is not a viable strategy for fighters and paladins benefit more from PAM.

A hedge maze. Hedge mazes are spooky as fuck. While they're in it, they constantly hear, at a distance, the sound of snipping shears trimming back and pruning the maze, but they never see what's causing it.

No, Action Surge only grants an extra action, no extra bonus action.

id say make the enemies stronger but stupider

>paladins benefit more from PAM

How do you reckon?

It's not worth it!? What's PAM? I was assuming if I want BIG DAMAGE dual-wielding or two-handing was the way to go...

Only if she doesn't consent.
Who knows maybe she gets turned on by character optimization.

Nah she wants to fuck. I shouldn't but I'm the alpha so yeah she's ready to get in bed with a stud.

Lethal battles? That would be extremely difficult to balance. To the point where id say trying to force it to work would be far too much effort.

Non-lethal tournament esque fights though? Just make them less optimized. Wizards using weaker blast spells, Fighter rolled poorly on his level up health, etc.

Calm down sleetor

Rogue 1 / Trickery Cleric X?
Would it work? I think trickery cleric lack of skill proficiency and finesse weapon can be fix with a dip.

What if there was a race with a trait that was the opposite of the Halfling's Lucky? Obviously they'd need a strong positive trait to make up for it.

If the player rolls a 20, they reroll it and take the new result.

I posed this to my friends and they freaked the fuck out. Personally, I think it's not that bad and could be balanced out. However, it would really suck to play since you'd be punished for rolling 20s.

Pallys get their damage more from smite than their weapon and being able to get not only on bonus attack but also reliably on reaction is super good.
Polearm Master.
If you want big damage go great weapon master (GWM). PAM is good for constant damage towards the enemy, GWM is big bursts and TWF is, mechanically, worse than the others but still fine.

Of course it's possible to balance. It's just kinda stupid and isn't needed.

Should I buff the enemies' HP? One of the PC's is paladin and I've had a few monsters just melted due to smite crits.

And yeah, I guess I'd make the enemies not have perfect coordination, since that would be unfair as DM.

On demand Bonus Action attack on either a Reach weapon or Quarterstaff (allowing for Sword & Board) plus the reaction attack on coming into range.

So hoping that the one enemy you want to go full nova on walks into your 5ft reach is far better than having two actually good hit die all day long? Actually, with the duelist fighter style you get more AC and more damage since the 2 flat damage applies on your 1d4 attack too. So nevermind.

I suppose if youre not using the quarterstaff its noticeably better.

What makes it so difficult to balance, do you think?

Also, any alternatives to just building them like PCs? I want to make it a lethal battle thing.

That sounds terrible. You could balance it out, sure, but it's trash.

Pally's have VERY strong burst up until late game where it goes to the fighter unless the fighter is always blowing his action surges. Either just blow more of his smites by throwing more shit at him or give some more HP to enemies.
>5ft reach
Bitch you have a glaive, you got a 10 foot reach and its a reaction so you can choose when to do it and you can do it every turn. You get two hits naturally for your smites and then a 3rd because half the enemies in the game will run in at least past you towards your allies.

Eldritch Knights, are they good?

...As good as Paladins?

at what level? EK's are slow burners but they get much better at higher levels

They're too different to compare to Paladins. Their mostly amazing tanks. Wear Plate, take the Defence Fighting Style and Cast Shield when it'll help, anything that gets past your AC should be hindered by either Heavy Armour Master or Absorb Elements.

Well, shield is a great spell. At mid levels, they also gain this interesting ability where they can cast a spell after making an attack. You can hit some guy, then cast blade ward to reduce its damage by half. It's pretty good tanking. It's burst damage is not as good as a pally's though.

Is having always 25 AC actually going to be useful or should I not bother multiclassing and go for just 20 AC?

Would be hard to balance because a smart player would just avoid attack rolls and use save spells.

hardcodex.ru has you covered. They don't have an option for 3x5 index cards but if you install any Adobe product it'll come with Adobe printer, and you should be able to mess with the margins like in this screenshot so that only one card prints out on a sheet.Might want to keep an eye on your printer while they're spitting out though.

Then again that's how Kobolds work. Only keep around one good Attack spell for when you can get advantage, Scorching Ray works well.

>Defense

Whoa, no. You want a two-hander with EKs because of shenanigans with freeing a hand to cast.

MORE METAMAGIC

DOUBLE SPELL- DOUBLES THE EFFECTS OF A SPELL
AOE SPELL- TURNS A SINGLE TARGET INTO AN AOE
CONCENTRATED SPELL- TURNS AN AOE INTO A SINGLE TARGET AND DEALS MORE DAMAGE/EFFECT
BRUTAL SPELL- TURNS A NON DAMAGING SPELL INTO A DAMAGING SPELL
COMPOSITE SPELL- CAST TWO SPELLS AT ONCE
DELAYED SPELL- CAST A SPELL THAT SITS THERE UNTIL YOU WANT IT TO GO OFF

>You want a two-hander with EKs because of shenanigans with freeing a hand to cast

You can just put your sword away for free and draw it when making an attack. Somatic components are the easiest thing in the world to get around.

I did this mostly to gauge my players' sense of balance.

One of my players suggested setting the race's minimum attributes to 12 (if under 12, bump it to 12). That would be absolutely insane with point buy- 15, 15, 15, 8, 8, 8 would become 15, 15, 15, 12, 12, 12. Even with that insanity, another one of my players said he still wouldn't take that tradeoff... and his PC almost exclusively uses saves (Alchemist Artificer).

My players kind of disappointed me with their sense of balance/lack of game knowledge.

Not until high levels, anyway. An EK is still a Fighter, with all of those attacks and all of those goodies.

Let's be honest, people like doing something special. Crits are cool and let you do a lot of damage, whenever you land one you feel good. Having to reroll that die every time would feel shit.

Plus they're most likely normies who don't even know how to calculate average damage.

KAWAII SPELL - A CUTE GIRL APPEARS AND CASTS THE SPELL FOR YOU. ROLL 1D6. ON A 1, SHE'S TSUNDERE AND THEREFORE AWFUL. ON A 6, SHE'S YANDERE AND THEREFORE AWESOME. ON ANY OTHER RESULT SHE'S JUST YOUR CHILDHOOD FRIEND AND DOOMED TO OBSCURITY.

Also definitely add a 'delayed spell' somewhere.

Yeah, I know. I knew it would really stir the pot since it's a negative trait and loss aversion is a thing.

I was just surprised since my players are intelligent people... but I guess I should have realized that it means nothing in DnD. One of the players is a lawyer and constantly forgets his abilities. Another is an aeronautical engineer who has trouble adding attribute bonus+proficiency to d20 rolls. It's fucking weird, man.

Could a Warlock serve an Ancient Dragon? I had the idea of a Kobold Chainlock with a Pseudodragon Familiar using it to get the Advantage on Eldritch Blasts. I guess Fiend or Fey would work easy enough for the Patron.

The other option is to go Ravenlock and refluff the Raven as a small Dragon.

Are morningstars more like a mace or like a flail?

>BRUTAL SPELL- TURNS A NON DAMAGING SPELL INTO A DAMAGING SPELL

I want to use this.
>YOU COMPREHEND LANGUAGES SO HARD THAT EVERYTHING IN A TEN FOOT RADIUS BURSTS A BLOODVESSEL AND TAKES 2D6 DAMAGE

>YOU CAST WATERBREATHING. AND THEN A MOTHERFUCKING SHARK COMES OUT OF THE WATER AND CHOMPS ON A RANDOMLY SELECTED CREATURE. 5D8, RESTRAINED.

I would say he'd have to be on the older side of ancient but sure. And any patron can work depending on the color.

Morning stars are just maces with spikes

"On your turn, you can interact with one object for free, either during your move or during an action (PH, 190). One of the most common object interactions is drawing or stowing a weapon." dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/rules-answers-september-2015

How to maintain threat with opportunity attacks and keep a hand free to cast shield? Dropping weapons is clumsy. GG if some magic fuck mage hands that shit away from you.

What DM actually keeps the 1 action limit as written? Because drinking a tankard of ale does not take the same time or effort as letting go of your sword with one hand to toss a fireball then grab it again.

It's still a viable tactic even though it's janky as fuck, GWM does better damage of course but there's no interaction with it and somatic that's so great.

Also if your fighter carries less then 6 weapons you're doing something wrong.

Is it normal to have your arcane focus be a weapon?

If it's a staff or a scepter then I see no reason why you can't beat bitches with it.

If not then just keep a knife shoved down your robe for when you need it.

You son of a fucking bitch this isn't just a lie it's some fucking blasphemy. Back me up, guys, this motherfucker needs a stoning.