Tiny Creatures

What are some small and minuscule creatures Veeky Forums? Brownies, fae, or smaller in myth or RPGs.

The Bug World threads from a year or ago inspired me.

There is Finnish fairy tale novel with a pixie who loses her wings and a small troll. Animals and to a degree planta talk but otherwise act like they would naturally do.

Everyone else except frogs who are on verge of civil war over academic debate about whether they are evolved from lizards or human.

Sprites are fun little bastards. Too small to effectively swing a sword at, into magic, into poisons, fey sense of humor. Could imagine a good adventure or even setting around them.

I've been wanting to do a game where everyone plays a little mushroom folk. I've got a guidebook of all different kinds, but I just don't know how I'd go about making a game out of it.

Nail-man-elbow-beard (maybe you can think of a better name, but this is how they're called in the original legends).

Tiny men dressed in red with huge beards, tails and skeletal hands. These guys wander about the woods in groups, looking for travellers to tickle to death. They also use poltergeists as servants.

Which folklore is that? I've read about tiny goblinfolk who wander antpaths in groups. They are completely invisible even to themselves so they have to whisprer all the time. They supposedly curse people who step on their roads with bad luck and diseases or make them get lost in the woods.

That's pretty rad. I hadn't considered making most animals all that intelligent, but rather having the bigger or fiercer animals being revered as gods or giants. I like the idea of some of them being involved in politics and conflicts on their own scale though.

Yeah, was finding a way to work them in. Basically probably serve the same role as any other RPG, but they won't be tiny compared to the players.

Also not sure what I'm doing with mushrooms and fungi, whether I make it a sentient race or monsters or both.

I'm basically making D&D with bugs for the moment. Custom magic system, d10 dice pools, everything has armor. I imagine a fungi game could be prepared similarly. Pick an RPG style you want to play and match up some mechanics. D&D is easy, a modern Little People RP where they can't be caught by people or eaten by animals could be fun since your characters would have to be focused on survival.

Russian.

>What are some small and minuscule creatures Veeky Forums?
On average, asians and old ladies.

Lovely thread. I can only think of these little buggers from Mononoke Hime. They're called kodama, spirits that inhabit plants.

That's rad.

Oh right, those things. Will have to look up stuff about them. Probably roll those and brownies together into some kind of forest cohabitant.

I love all of these.

Pikmin
They're small, they work together, and they're worse than fucking ants
They're voracious little fucks that may consume anything organic. They work as a hive but they have their own conscience, they value the hive above themselves, to the point of giving their lives if they're commanded to, but they can survive perfectly without a queen as well.
Their capabilities are outstanding, and regarding species, they all blend together in the same hive, and may produce offspring INSTANTLY. Do you know, that ants are divided between workers and soldiers? Well, pikmin are BOTH and they excel in both fields
Some are extremely poisonous and stupidly fast, on top of being capable of spitting acid capable of melting metal, others are capable of producing energy, to the point 5 yellow pikmin lined together can feed a lightbulb. Others simply disregard fire and walk through it as if nothing, and the pink fucks, they're the worst of them all. They fucking FLY. Imagine the horror, if your regular worker and soldier ants were capable of flight. The only thing in the whole fucking world to be spared would be aquatic and artic environments. Now give these sentience and enough intelligence to comprehend and abuse basic physics, not enough to produce tools, but shit like understanding balance and material resistance

TLDR: pikmin are really fucking scary

>others are capable of producing energy, to the point 5 yellow pikmin lined together can feed a lightbulb

Pikmin conduct electricity, but they don't generate it. When they were lighting bulbs up, you always completed a circuit from a battery to a bulb.

Ants themselves are scary, so I see your point.

On the note of this, anyone have any good random fauna lists for weird environments?

>mushroom man
>tiny
That fucker punched right through my shield and one-shot me the fuck.

>Imagine the horror, if your regular worker and soldier ants were capable of flight.
Those are called wasps.