Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How Good-looking are your Good characters? Not Good-looking as in attractive (but that helps too!), but as in people can tell that they're nice and benevolent and all.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

>obvious breasts, barely clothed
vulgar

Currently, second level. I've got two maneuvers from Mithral Current, two from Scarlet Throne, one from Primal Fury and one from Riven Hourglass (Crushing Blow and Minute hand to play around with).
I'm using scarlet einhander stance, but I can pick a second one (stalker progression wew) that I've yet to settle on.

Is there a reason empryal angels are stronger than solar angels despite a 3 car differance?

Probably because Empyreal Angels are one eager worshiper away from becoming a God?

When did it happen, villains of /pfg/? What was the day you knew it was too late to turn back from the path of Evil?

Legendary Guardian's Punishment is far too strong. You can absorb damage (and non-damage debuffs with Cold Iron Call and Durable), and then offload them onto your enemies simply by whacking them and expending martial focus (which you can probably regain at a later point using some move action replenishment such as Focusing Formula).

If no enemy presents itself, you could even carry around a rat to offload damage and debuffs onto.

For reference:

>Punishment
>Prerequisites: Guardian sphere, base attack bonus +5
>When you deal damage to a creature while you have damage in your delayed damage pool, you may spend an immediate action to expend your martial focus and empty your delayed damage pool, dealing that damage to your target. If you possess the Cold Iron Call or Durable talents, you may also transfer any effects you are postponing with those abilities. If the effect allows a save, the target may make a save immediately at the original DC. If the creature saves successfully, the effect is not transferred.

It is all well and good that martials receive new toys to play with, but some of these legendary talents are outliers even by the standards of legendary talents of their level.

A
FUCKING
LEAF

So is the dog japanese or canadian?

What are some cool things you can do with a tumor familiar?

Indica

>Bag of rats in full effect

DESIGN: FAILED.

Someone said it last thread, be a Bloodrager w/ Aberrant Bloodline (or feat into it). Make the tumor familiar a protector. Keep it stuck inside your body. Whenever you take a hit, divert the damage to your tumor familiar. It has Fast Healing 5 and the feats that make it possible for it to take hits for you. Conglaturations you now have essentially 50% extra health on a d12 HD class

Bloodragers are d10

>There are people in this thread
>Right Now
>Who actually think Blingmaker isn't a bamboozle

I like this.

I actually isn't a bamboozle for crying out loud. I know the GM, they're serious about running the campaign.

So, the idea of playing wizards and stuff always appeal to me, yet when i play them, I always get this feeling that I am not doing things right no matter what and then it becomes not fun as a result. Stuff like not having the right spell for the situation or finding none of your spells is effective, or just a plain lack of creativity

Just what are some things or ideas I can follow to just be better at wizardry anyway?

I forgot, but you can do the same thing if you go Barbarian. d12 is only 1 more hp average over d10 anyways

Gonna be a whole bunch of salty bamboozlees this week.

Did they tell you who they're probably going to pick?

Are they excited? I'm excited!

Who would make a cuter couple with Casimir: Corwin, Seht or Sandru?

Anyone have any experience with any of the weird/bad alchemist archetypes? Gloom chymist, chirurgeon, sacrament, tinker, toxicant, eldritch poisoner, etc.?

Seht or Corwin--one of the younger bucks works better than another older guy.

But Casimir likes girls!

>are they excited

DMS are never excited user, they're all dead inside. The best you can hope for is enthusiasm and/or dedication to the FUN IDEAL

No, they didn't tell me anything. Everything that I know is pretty much what everyone else knows if they keep up with the /pfg/ discord chat, which the GM uses.

The GM is excited about the campaign, and has been working on improving the campaign by changing up a few things that weren't good in the AP. People assume it's a bamboozle because of the picture and name but the GM is just a quirky person at heart.

You'll all have to wait till this weekend to see who's going to get picked. Best of luck to all of you.

Silly user, shipping is not about what a player or character wants. It's about what we want.

List the best ships in currently running pf games right now. It doesn't have to make sense. It just has to give you a heart boner.

So first thing would be to decide on what to take at third and the second stance.

IMO, the big ones for 2nd level maneuvers are going to be the multihits (rising zenith strike, rapid strike or dual crash), as well as Iron Wave, and a solid counter, if you didn't grab flowing creek. Out of the multihits, dual crash is probably the worst for you, given that it needs some sheathe action stuff to fully proc, leaving us with zenith vs rapid. Zenith is a higher accuracy strike, given that it pulls off of sense motive, and not your lower bab, but it only crits once. Rapid Strike will activate brutal strikes more, which helps keep damage up, as well as working better with extra damage from stances. I'd favor Rapid Strike personally, but Zenith is good too, assuming your sense motive is maxed.

Iron wave is a really nice maneuver as it gives you a ranged option, extra damage, and potentially puts a vulnerability on the enemy for 1 round, which can combo brilliantly. I'd say it's even worth doing when you have to sheathe as a move action. Silver Wave (a 4th level maneuver) is also nice, though maybe redundant. If you have Veiled Moon (idk if you do), it has some nice teleport maneuvers that help mobility a lot.

Counters: Sanguine barrier and Calm the Wake are both really nice, and Stopwatch is potentially better for stopping full attacks, but it's a bit more difficult to use. Sanguine again will be more accurate because sense motive, but only stops one attack, whereas Calm the Wake can potentially stop all attacks from an enemy but needs a save to do that, and it's first block is an opposed attack roll. Remember that you get to swap out a maneuver at 4th and every even level after, so you should be able to pick up a multihit, a counter, and iron wave, (or any other utility maneuver) for your second level maneuvers.

Continued...

Going forward I'd also look at the Time Skitter boost (3rd level haste for initiator mod rounds as a boost), Temporal Body Adjustment (4th level condition cleanse counter), Silver Wave (4th level, iron wave's maybe redundant older brother). Also the multihits have triple attack versions as 5th level maneuvers so think about those, and maybe some of the area maneuvers, like whirlpool strike. Veiled Moon has a third level boost that gives incorporeability for one round, which lets you walk through walls and stuff.

Stances: Einhander is a bit of an odd choice given the str monster your going to be; the 1.5 str damage is really good. Reaching Blade Stance gives similar xd6 and reach on the first attack. Primal fury has a scent stance which can be nice utility. It's 3rd level stance is also pretty good damage, though maybe you'd want the defense of riven's 3rd level stance (or veiled, if you have that discipline). Veiled also has a teleport as movement as it's 5th level stance, which is great.

A word on stalker arts and bushido: Stalker arts are your most precious resource, do not waste them. Good ones to pick up would be the Honor Bushido, and either Brutal Assault (if you full attack a lot) or Brutal Ambush (if you hit flat-footed a lot). Ki Vampirism when you get to 11th is also really fucking good. Outside of Power Attack and Furious Focus, your feats should really be going to extra stalker arts. And since you get a bonus feat at 2nd, I 100% recommend taking power attack if that wasn't given through tax rules.

Hope that helps with picking stuff out, man. And 6th level is a really big jump to your action economy, by the way. But you'll still choke on swifts so there's that.

>It doesn't have to make sense. It just has to give you a heart boner.

Gloriana x Cashmere

Subtle evil is subtle, and evil.

Oh look, I guess the ban is over.

>The GM is excited about the campaign

Awesome! Now I'm even more excited.

>Have to wait until Thursday for the chance at more LOGS
>Vult's been posting manticore girls non-stop
Who is it? Who's going to get mounted and turned into a monster-girl!? I need to know!

Mythic power. It makes a significant difference.

When I got a review from Wubu they were very nice and helpful, it made my heart swell!

Wubu a cute!! A CUTE!!

Nobody, the party is too high optimization and were DIAMOND DOGS all along

I tend to go for extremes--either they take pride in looking like they're agents of Good, or I go to my other favorite trope and have heroes who look like they'd be villains otherwise. Big spikes, black armor, red-and-black clothing, the works.

I really like the idea of Aranha and Corwin hooking up as FWB initially after everybody else couples off and having it turn into something more.

Gloriana x Sigmund while Cashmere watches and learns

>don't have to make sense
>Just give you a heart boner

Bon-Bon/Sakaru gib pls and give the clown a cock too

That just means they need more encounters to be defeated!

Val x Sandru. It hits a lot of similar notes as Valimir, but has a bit of extra spice because of Val's animosity toward Sandru's brother.

>Who is it? Who's going to get mounted and turned into a monster-girl!? I need to know!

Lysander

>Paladin with Toughness
>high optimization

I'm laffin' m8

>It doesn't have to make sense. It just has to give you a heart boner.
Ameiko x Valeria while all the boys watch through the window.

When are you guys gonna tell me about your favorite characters?

Its a joke m8

I want to see Casimir stay old and single, him hooking up with any of the other party members seems weird.

While we're on the topic of SotJR, Corwin x Aranha is adorable, Valeriya x Sandru is growing on me, and Seht x Shayliss working through their troubles to be a Real Couple is kind of sweet!

Onryou x Aldern to complete the set.

I had the exact same feeling, user! Is this love? Is the love between a DM and a prospective player forbidden?

Trying to follow Veeky Forums's 'why wizards are powerful ' DOESN'T FUCKING WORK.

It never has. Potential breakage=/=actual effectiveness in combat outside of white room theorycrafting. They tell you "wizards are OP" but they can never plan adequately for every situation no matter what. Sure, you can be helpful, but in all truth, trying to win at PF with a wizard is actually a futile exercise in meme-level stupidity because no matter what, you will have failed to manage it. Even if you can amnage it, it requires makign every single player aside from yourself wait for your caster t\o cast a dozen divinations, meticulously plan everythign, and then not have shit go sideways when shit goes down (FYI, shit always goes sideways).

Casters can potentially break games. In actual practice, not so much.

>It doesn't have to make sense.
Sigmund X Valeriya

Any sensible DM just bans divination/foresight anyway

I'm not sure who's my favorite, user! It's a hard question; that's why I didn't answer before. I'm sorry for disappointing you.

Friendly reminder that the nature of Kingmaker and the lack of actual NPCs for the campaign means Wubu would have to craft and play custom NPCs designed to marry and smooch your PC!

How do you build him?

Bard with that Int-to-Dip trait.

Just tell me about all of them.

You can't actually use every stat as a dump stat user.

>but they can never plan adequately for every situation no matter what.
What bout Arcanists, who can literally do exactly that?

Why not throw Shalelu into that pile?

If that is whiteknighting on the internet, what is being an internet black knight?

Thinking about making a summoning-focused wizard, but it would be my first time seriously focusing on using summons ever

What are some of the tips you can offer, anons?

If he's got the money, he gets the honey

Don't. Summoning fucks the entire game up and makes slow combat even fucking slower

>what is being an internet black knight?

/r9k/ and /pol/

Oh. I thought he was going to have the players marry and smooch each other.

Hey look, someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Which app would your app marry and smooch?

He's going for five players, that is literally impossible unless one girl takes two husbands or one man takes two wives.

Besides, what if the characters don't mesh well? Is he just going to make characters fall on dicks or trip into female PCs until something sticks?

Hey look, someone who hasn't actually played with other people in their life.

If you had, you'd know why it doesn't work.

>ctrl+f
>no yaoi from FotJR

I'm disappointed

Yours.

I have and that's why I know you're so full of shit it's leaking from your ears. I know for a fact there are other posters here who've seen casters fuck everything up, too.

No, that's silly. I'll narrow it down, but what do you want to know?

He seems to know more about what he's talking about than anyone else in this argument.

Wizards seem powerful because they can do anything, but they can't because the person controlling them is inherently limited by the confines of their fleshy, probably defective brain.

Either Rubio or Etan and Kelda

Sorry, not empyreal lords. I mean the cr 20 angel from bestiary 5 who's stronger stat wise than the cr 23 from the first.

>implying there won't be a forever alone perma virgin.
>implying the ones who mesh will get together on their own and the ones who don't will get waifus and husbandus thrown at them until something sticks.

Political marriage. It doesn't have to involve sex.

Or they could just have harems. They are running a country, after all, concubinage is their right.

>unless one girl takes two husbands

Does she get half of two incomes if she takes two husbands?

Someone's who bad at playing a Wizard isn't proof that Wizard isn't broken.

I really, really want to see the starry-eyed Etan paired up with Kelda.

Oh my god, what if Wubu throws that one NPC into the campaign.

The one designed to literally cuck and kill the party's waifus.

Everything.

>tfw you really need to finish your character, but instead keep getting into arguments with people on the internet over Dark Souls Lore

So tell me anons, how do you get in the mood to make characters and stay focused

Is that someone from Kingmaker?
Or just one from /pfg/ theorycrafting?

I bet he'll design some really handsome ones with a lot of money.

I drink heavily and then once i've gotten juuust drunk enough i start writing and let it flow

>final Blingmaker party one girl three guys, a final hour quad-app of polyamorous lovers seeking to create a nation where their form of love can legally recognized

Stats aren't the true measure of power, user - the higher stats still only gives the empyrean a CR 20 because their defenses, attacks, spells and powers are still sub-par in comparison to the Solar Angel.

B-but user, what if they're not romantically compatible? What if it's a loveless marriage?!

Make a cute firekeeper who keeps the fire alive inside her chest and needs to find a place to nurture it.

I'd watch it.

>perma virgin

How do we assign a value to virginity, is it even possible?

I mean, we're playing characters who gain tangible powers from wealth, right? Wouldn't this mean being a virgin in a political environment where that has value... Will give it value?

Furthermore, do you get the value of a person when you marry them, as in you look up, say, Kyras's value from that Thrall chart from the LotLK campaign book, and say, "I get that much because that man is mine."

Literally just silence your discord and any communication apps, close pfg thread and sit down for a bit in total solitude and think about what you want to do. That's what I always do.

30 pieces of silver

Drink, drink, drink.

And when you've drunk enough to drown a mule, you turn on some inspirational music and start figuring out characters you want to play.

I-Is it wrong if I actually want to hold off on boning or getting serious with a character just to see what Wubu whips up?

Kelda Oxgutter is a character from Book 1 of Jade Regent.