Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1448: The Robots are Attacking Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jumpers!

I banish you to the Shadow Realm!

Seriously though, I need some serious looking over with this jump. It was made over the course of a month and some changes were made that might effect other things in the jump that weren't accounted for.

[Inflammatory Shitposting Statement]

Repostan my Undertale build.

Undertale- What is this nonsense?
0/1500
Rolled for Snowdin
Drop-in
Boss Monster, Rolled for 157
Free Justice
Blessing of Toby Fox
Free Bullet Patterns
Free Fire Magic
Discount Motion Magicx2
Weapon Magic
You're Blue Now
Magnifying Magic
Frisk(Team:Redeem Tiger just got a powerful new member)- Wait "Shameless Flirt" and "Loves dogs".....This is going to make Ammy insufferable.

Lost Souls+200- I'm sorry. WHAT!? No. Those are my minions! My Vassals! My Allies!...My FRIENDS! Give them back right fucking NOW!
The Taste is Indescribable+100
Harder Monsters+200

I honestly have no words for what happened here. Beyond the fact that Tiger got roped into traveling around with, and protecting, Frisk.

Ninja Gaiden.

I helped!

>Does the Sorcerous Initiation of the Yozi perk in the Infernals Jump give you the first initiation for every Yozi with open charms
Yes.
>With this perk, you will be initiated into the first, Emerald Circle of Sorcery for any (and perhaps more than one) Yozi you can access the charms of, and will be able to cast appropriate spells within the bounds of this initiation.
This is a perk, can can by pass normal charm prerequisites.
A Green Sun Prince can access the charms of Malfeas, Ceceline, SHLiHN, Adorjan, Kimberry, & the Ebon Dragon. As written, you have the 1st level Sorcerous Initiation of all of them.
If you are also Akuma of a different Yozi you would have that 1st circle initiation also.
If you were a solar somehow and used the elder essence charm that unlocks any Yozi's charmset, you would also be initiated into the 1st circle of that.

They all allow access to the same spell, but the thematics of the spell change depending on Yozi, but you could pick the one the spell was most appropriate for to get the best discount or buff.

This was posted in the thread for review, so there's no reason it shouldn't be on the drive.

Sure there is.

The only reason you're posting it is to be an inflammatory little shit. That's reason enough to reject it.

Must you use such huge text?

It's okay.

What the fuck is wrong with it? It looks like a perfectly workable jump to me, how is that shitposting?

Nothing's wrong with it by itself, besides it being an SJ-Chan jump.

But more to the point, he's being a little shitheel. That's reason enough to reject it, if only to make user start squealing in anger.

Evil Jumpers, I ask of thee a question.

Despite the Evil in your hearts and souls, do your wicked selves have those you love?

14 pt isn't that big, at the very least I have an easier time reading it. I've legit gotten headaches with some documents with smaller text...

Anything else that sticks out?

It's an SB or "non-existent" jump.:^)

Not him, but the colored background doesn't really add anything. At most, it just makes it slightly harder to read.

Go read the archives, it was discussed enough then and no one can be arsed to indulge what is almost certainly a shitposter

*yawn*

>Everything I don't like is flaming xD

It's like posting about the giant fat-laden burger you had for lunch, accompanied by an attachment of you eating it whilst fitting into a size six, in a weight-watchers forum. Context matters.

It is literally better than half the drive, just accept it already.

Wasn't really feeling it, until I got to the Destinies/Journeys/Schools section. That's pretty cool stuff.

ITT: People continue to avoid keeping personal jump collections to use the Drive as their shit-throwing pedestal.

>Context matters.
Context literally doesn't matter if the jump itself is fine. You're just ass-pained. There plenty of jumps with cunt authors namely mostly all of them.

Ah, that's easily fixed. Should I bring up an easier to read version before asking for more feedback or?

So how long would it take without xp boosters to get good enough with MtG magic to be able to tap 15 lands at once?

>And here we see the truth of user's rage: He just wants to smear shit on all the jumpmakers.

Looks good.

>Jumper goes here after the Yugioh jump
>Meets up again with everyone who lost a card game during their stay

Not him, but you definitely seem like the aggressor in this situation.

You should probably get SJ to post this, if you actually want it up. Regardless of what held it back last time, as you're not the jumpmaker you don't really have any right to try to push this. Just go to SB, make an account and send her a PM.

Also, go to the archives, find out what went wrong last time, and maybe give her a hand fixing/addressing those issues. If you talked to her outside of the shitflinging context of the thread hating on SJ she could be surprisingly reasonable and willing to listen to critique. Perhaps you won't get anywhere, but it's better than trying to push it here, where you'll just be called a shitposter.

Now, if you are shitposting this all means nothing and you'll just keep pushing it without even a token effort to actually do something about it, and in that case... why bother?

>grab a bunch of warmongers and psychopaths and let them loose on the world
>either they'll kill kill everything and turn on each other or get assimilated
>and either way that's a few fewer threats their homeworlds have to deal with

I like the cut of your jib.

>The user advocating for content is smearing shit
This general is so far up its own ass that you flame and counter shitpost yourselves. Amusing, really.

>calling all jumpmakers cunts
>not smearing shit

wew lad, I'd advise you go back to elementary school and work on those reading skills.

>as you're not the jumpmaker you don't really have any right to try to push this
We proved this false a long time ago. If he wants it up for peer review then there's no reason why he can't upload it. Take into consideration that the jump is considered finished by SJ-Chan and I'm not seeing any crippling problems with the jump.

Well, they ARE all cunts.

Every shitstorm can be derived from the influence of one jumpmaker or another. We'd be better off if we got rid of all of them. They do nothing for this place.

Most jump makers are cunts. The better ones are the ones who make something and never post again. Who are fine knowing they did good work. Not one of the countless namefags who make this place their home.

Guys. ignore it. Stop responding. The jump's not getting on the drive, there's no need to indulge what is obviously a bunch of shit posters looking for trouble.

Please, yes. That would be nice.

Also, unrelated, but I had a question about Classic Sonic.

>Not to mention if you take advantage of this, it’s a two-way street: whatever landscapes you smack into won’t feel the impact either.

Does this mean you can no longer leverage our speed to damage things? Is it a toggleable effect?

Jumpers!

Over a normal human lifespan, people gain a lot of secrets. So i'm sure you have those things that you can't tell anyone.

Just what are your skeletons?

Nobody cares.

The yellow background is a little odd, but not that bad.
Please put a space between Perk titles and Costs.
Are backgrounds supposed to get their 100 CP Perks for free? What about the destinies? Gear?

I have to say, the whole Tribute system for Companions is a little round-about and annoying to understand. Maybe consider simply giving a Stipend and sorting them out by Discount/Background.

"There's not much resources to waste, in the Shadow Realm."
much = many

Overall though, these are minor things. The balance between everything seems solid, the Companions look fairly priced, and the Drawbacks are pretty interesting. I might like to see more of them though.

Yeah, a lot of the complexity comes from mixing and matching the baseline perks and the Paths.
Depending on how you define Card Spirits, it might actually be that certain monsters get salty for being punked out so often.

But they're so bad at it.

Maybe if I respond they'll get better at it.

Maybe if I respond fifty more times.

>The jump's not getting on the drive
Are we seriously rejecting a usable jump because of drama and people shitposting?

For Stranger Things, the Alter Eggo drawback, do all of the psychics have perfect counters to your abilities, or are they just put around the same general "power-level"? Is it a ultimately a good thing for the Hawkins National Laboratory to gain an arbitrary amount of cosmic reality warpers? For that matter, are their active powers just buffed to my level, or are they my equal in every respect?

Name a single jump maker who does this and still has a jump on the drive.

You've been told to check the archives where all the problems were raised. Given you ignored two people saying it, you're nothing but another timmy clone.

The MAGI computers item in NGE are loyal only to you right? Just need clarification.

It's getting rejected because one of the backgrounds is a trap and half the perks are insane power grabs that have NOTHING to do with the source material.

Normal skeletons. Billions of skeletons. I keep them stored in fuinjutsu scrolls.

D&D 3E? Most of the user jumps? The guy that made SoL?

>Absolute effects within the Shadow Realm are not going to be necessarily absolute anywhere else, keep this in mind when flinging out Mirror Force and expecting it to be a perfect defense.

Really? Can you stop pushing your fanon on everybody else? So, you're basically saying that nothing works the way it does in canon. What a joy~

>This was posted in the thread for review, so there's no reason it shouldn't be on the drive.
Ok, I am going to tread this as a non shitpost.
I agree with you, it SHOULD be on the drive. And in fact I uploaded it to the uploads folder of the drive before. Were it remained for weeks without issue. Then some one made a stink about it because they did not like it. The issue they picked at was that since SJ-Chan had agreed to make some changes but did not, it was invalid. I consider that SJ-Chan reconsidering, and changing his mind. All in all is was a shitposter creating drama many threads later only after he had driven SJ-Chan away so he could not defend himself.

On Feb 15, 2017 9:18:44 PM (CST) Captain Brutus .Otterly (the owner of the Drive) when he was sorting the backlog of jumps on the old drive, removed the jump from the drive.

I disagreed, and thought (& still do) that it belonged on the drive. So in the hope it was a mistake or be thought it was rejected on error I unloaded it again.

He deleted it again on the 16th.

So, the issue is, nothing you will say here will really make a difference. There is no 'we,' no 'the thread'
There is just Captain Brutus .Otterly, the owner of the drive. And from how infrequently the jumps get sorted, be is not paying to the thread all that often.

If you are serious, you need to go to the IRC, and engage him there directly.

They answered question, they didnt drop and run.

It's a toggleable effect.
It means you can but you're going to take the damage. It just means you won't ACCIDENTALLY paste yourself running around at the speed of sound

The new version is going to address that 100 cp purchases for origins, sub origins, and gear are free for their respective origins.

The Tribute system is trying to put some kind of order on them. Maybe I could circumvent it and have it be a direct purchase with prices based on levels, it still causes headaches no matter how I handle it but...
It's being considered.

Looks like someone has something to hide.
I'M ONTO YOU

>And now witness the shitposting monkey leaping onto a new target.

That I'm a massive thief. Like, where in the world is that monument tier. It wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't also the head of a several massive company, a detective, and running for office.

>Everything I don't like is shitposting

>one of the backgrounds is a trap
I'm not seeing which one it's supposed to be.
>half the perks are insane power grabs
I'm not seeing it. The fluff text makes things sound weird, but most of the perks just have exaggerated fluff and very simple functions. The only one that seems maybe too far is the six clones perk, and that's not really anything crazy.

>Everything is shitposting

>because this thread's conception was naught but a shitpost

I always thought Carmen Sandiego was a guy.

If you want drop and run isn't Dirge famous for that with throwing down several jumps right when a thread is about to die and leaving?

If you can't see it Corporate Tool being a trap origin, then you're just an idiot.

If you can't understand half these perks being way too powerful for a book about a bunch of kids playing a video game, then you're being purposefully obtuse.

That's pretty sad. The jump has pretty neat abilities and the premise that it sets up is odd but at least somewhat familiar, would have made a good jump to transition through. I'm guessing the IRC has already made up its mind not to let it through, I'd hope that there would be no reason why Brutus would just delete it out of the blue, unless even he hates SB to the point where he'll reject their jumps immediately.

Nice, already finding managing to shit on SJ-chan and Dirge before 100 posts, at this rate you might be able to make a new shitposting record.

>IRC

Oh great when did we start letting Red's clique dictate the Drive again?

Look at that, I just hit bingo on my /jc/ card. Thanks user.

>hit bingo
>before 100 posts

Right am I just gonna assume thread's a lost cause for today?

Is there an actual /jc/ thread bingo? If there isn't, we should make one

It's a drawback strapped origin, but it's definitely not a trap. There's no reason why you can't just opt out because nothing says that you have to win, and even if you're locked in OASIS your chain doesn't end. There are multiple solutions to bypass the mandatory drawback, especially if the capstone is used cleverly.

It's a world that I see as being SAO, with most of the perks involving the OASIS part. For some VRMMO game none of the perks seem too far out of the norm.

Yes, but I think most people have different cards now, the other user said he had two rows for jumpmakers being mentioned alone

Yes. Get out of my thread.

Who was doing that Dies Irae jump again?

Does it apply the damage as if I was going at that speed, or as it would normally apply? If I decide to intentionally hit a wall, will I suddenly disintegrate just from the speed, or do the protections that don't directly relate to hitting things still apply? And is it just the environment it applies to, or also enemies? The perk makes it seem like it would, but then Sonic also uses his speed in nearly all of his attacks.

I'm sorry your asking for critique got derailed by someone starting a shitstorm, Digger. At least it wasn't aimed at you.

Brutus has been impartial for a while, at least the way he handled Dirge and SoAnon's shitfests made me think that way. But if he didn't come asking the thread whether to accept the jump or not I'd think that he'd ask the IRC since that's where he is most of the time.

...Which canon, necessarily?
I'm curious.
What do you think this jump is for?

Pretty much. Go play a video game or something. It's what I'm doing after this.

I should type it up at some point and hand it out. Except I know it will just promote more shitposting to fill out cards.

Look, if you're just going to make excuses for everything and not bother to see the points presented to you as well as those already existing in the archives, you need to stop posting and drop it. Someone else will make a Ready Player One at some point. You can wait to play video games beside pasty, 80's pop culture obsessed nerds until then.

Didn't that get claimed by Valeria a while back?

JC bingo, you only win if everyone loses.

user why are you throwing SJ-Chan into the mix when SJ-Chan wasn't even mentioned? I don't think SJ-Chan has made enough jumps to be known for what Dirge is known for.

What jump are you guys even talking about?

It applies chiefly to enemies, the reason Sonic doesn't get backlash from hitting them despite going full speed is cause he usually does Spin Attack.

It applies the damage as how you'd normally react to hitting a wall at full speed

>half these perks being way too powerful for a book about a bunch of kids playing a video game
Which ones, specifically, do you think are too powerful? Seriously, I would like to know, and reasons if you could provide them.

He's saying it because it is an SJ jump that is being talked about.

>Look, if you're just going to make excuses for everything and not bother to see the points presented to you as well as those already existing in the archives, you need to stop posting and drop it.
>t. If you're not going to agree with me, don't post because I'm objectively right.
You won't be satisfied until we're all shitting on SB jumpmakers will you?

I'm not going to repeat arguments that you could just look up for yourself in the archives. If you're to lazy to figure out what's wrong with the jump yourself, then that's on you, the point is that it's a bad jump that has already been rejected twice, so pushing this discussion is shitposting.

user that discussion had already changed course to something completely different.when Doom got thrown into the mess. If he was trying to fish for a SJ-Chan is shit reply he failed badly.

That's me.

God, could you be any more fucking obnoxious?

Tis no biggie. I'll take my Dark Magician Grill and Blue Eyes Waifu Dragons and be on my way
No skin off my nose

In all likelihood, he probably was the one who posted the actual jump hoping to get everybody onto the SB hate train because obviously them being on SB obviously means they can't make a jump worth shit.

With all the shitposting going on, on both 'sides', do you really think that matters? They're really reaching for everything they can today, aren't they?

>If there isn't, we should make one
Some possible spots
>implying
inter jump balance.
Old style 100/300/600 perk format.
jump that leaves 50 CP hanging
666 trips/Satan posts in the thread
999 trips/SNEAKY Satan posts in the thread
Namefag posts a spoiler teaser for a jump in progress
Jump is posted anonymously
>But that's lewd.
Some gets called Dirge.
RED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Huge Stonkin Tits
>Enhance/d/ Jumper ticker banner
>I have no idea, fanwank something
Something in a Jump costs more then 1,000 CP.
Jump has a 'fuck you' No powers/warehouse/memories 'lets take away everything that makes it part of a chain; that makes PERFECT sense' drawback
Drop In's get discounts, no freebies
Lets use the fact the jumpmaker is from SB as a reason to shit on the jump
Lets use the fact the jumpmaker is from SB as a reason to shit on the jumpmaker
The OP fucked up the 1st post somehow.
Worm_Anons are NOT for waifuing
Worm_Anons ARE for waifuing
You the fuck are you Namefag and what jumps have you made for us lately?

This reminds me of that time I was thrown into a candy store and given $1 to buy what I want...too many good things, not enough money

Context always matters, yes, especially when there's nothing negative about the chain of posts that you're talking about except describing behavior that a jumpmaker is known for.

I mean tell me, who ever gave Dirge shit about dumping jumps? Most of us were fine ignoring the jumps when he dumped them.

So what you're saying is that SJ is the attractive, athletic person in this scenario, whereas /jc/ is the fat bastards who half-assedly their attempts to get in shape and blame others for their problems?