What's the worst rage you witnessed when playing a tcg/board/table game?

What's the worst rage you witnessed when playing a tcg/board/table game?

>playing monopoly
>fun game with friends
>friend rolls dice
>lands on a hotel
>he stares at table
>we wait for him to pay
>he suddenly flips it out and start cursing

I never saw such rage for paper bills.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Vsv_vC7keA
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Monopoly is famous for dividing friends and breaking up families, though.

I thought it was a meme.

Then it was not. Guy gave us a cold eye for like a week.

He's probably a fucking commie

I've seen people tear up their cards after losing a MtG tournament.
I've seen people throw dice after losing a squad of space marines to lasgun fire.
I've seen people throw people after losing their shit when people heckle them during a game.
I've seen some people punch another guy because they killed their waifu card in YGO.
I've seen a grown man break out in tears when a little kid beat his snowflake steel-type deck with a beginner grass deck in the Pokemon tcg.

Tabletop is one hell of a drug

Once a 'friend' teared a very expensive rare card of mine.

>playing tourney
>play rare and powerful card
>friend suddenly picks it up
>reads it
>tears it apart
>he is out

Never paid for it either.

Does "meme" mean "irrelevant/rumor" now? I've suddenly started seeing people use meme as an insult. I don't keep up to date with this stuff.

No, your reading comprehension here is just godawful. is using meme correctly.

Just asking.

>Playing mtg
>T1 land into 2/1 creature
>Opponent's T1 is a land and a equipment
>T2 swing for 2
>Opponent gets salty that I'm "targeting" him in a 1v1
Wtf.

How salty did he get? Did he flip it?

No. He just bitched like I attacked him with a 10/1

The biggest one I reckon would have to be when my group of 3 invited a random to join us for mordheim. We all set up, first mission get wyrdstone. All is going well, random is playing Skaven swarm (after we said no sling bullshit and he went back to his list and rewrote it) and trying to rush all the stone. I'm playing undead so I'm mostly slow, have gotten 1 piece and figure I'll start going for random's Leader who had 3. Finally in a position 2 turns later and charge and massacre him. Say he can roll armour, and he just picks up my Vampire, and throws it behind him like it was trash (this was in an empty mall so it flew like 10m). He just smiled and said "nope, my leader's good".

I jumped that table and pounded the fuck out of him for a solid 30s before my friends pulled me off. We gathered our stuff and booked it while he was left on the ground crying and bleeding. Never did find my Vampire or get my terrain back.

>I've seen a grown man break out in tears when a little kid beat his snowflake steel-type deck with a beginner grass deck in the Pokemon tcg.

I guess the vampire was thirsty for blood.

No rage but
>playing Pathfinder
>last dungeon
>sorceror throw me fireball because lol xd
>GM tells me to eat the damage with no explanation and ignoring the save
Packed my things and left. It was 3 AM so the fresh air did wonders.

As in, your own party member threw a fireball at you?

>spectating local 40k tournament
>hear some commotion going on in the back
>hear "Fuck this bullshit I'm out!"
>fat bearded guy shove his Chaos marines off the table and storms out of the room
>one of the referees go after him yelling "Hey hey get back here!"

According to someone I talked to he was acting like a little bitch all day because he kept losing over and over.

>not murdering the sorceror in a fit of rage
Sad!

I remember when my GM gave a friend 1d4 of damage. The friend was talking about random stuff while he was describing a room, when he lost his patience and warned if he didn't shut up he would take a dice of damage.

He laughed, since he was a fighter and had a lot of HP. He didn't laugh so much when my GM suddenly throw the dice on his forehead, marking the dice on it.

>EDH
>Bring Jarad deck out, my only deck
>Combo out pretty consistently
>Usually just get passive-aggressive comments by other players
>One guy storms off and flips me off as he walks away
Some people just can't handle tutoring

I had a guy deep strike in with a drop pod. It scattered off the table, mishapped, and was destroyed.

He threw the drop pod full force into a concrete wall and it shattered quite spectacularly.

Yeah. And the save was really high for his level because cheating. And it was a Will save instead of a reflex save for some reason.
I got no explanation for that number, so I left.
There was no win here, so I left and felt really good about it. Still do.

Story time?
>Start playing WoWtcg casually
>Friend suggests I go to competitive play event with him
>We stay up all night jamming out while building me a deck, good times
>Gives me a bunch of rare/epic/promo cards
>I give him some of my rare loot cards as thanks for his help and his cards
>We go to event, our decks are doing pretty well
>Every time I score a point he mentions how he helped me and gave me his cards
>I end up beating him for 3rd
>Gets incredibly awkward
>Next week he starts accusing me of stealing his cards
>Threatens to get police involved despite everyone in the competitive group hearing him say he gave them to me and me having texts to prove it
I ended up just saying fuck it and leaving the shop altogether after the casual/social crowd started locking/guarding their boxes when I walked in the room. He threw out a 6 year friendship over fucking cards and fucked with the one social function I cared for

Had a guy pick up a Dreadnought and bowl it at my Eldar after my massed fire blew it to shit

I'm having a hard time understanding your own party member throwing a fireball at you for no reason. Either he is a turbo autist or you were being a dick earlier.

>Either he is a turbo autist or you were being a dick earlier.
Even if I was a dick, he should just told me instead of behaving like a turbo autist

Nice trips.

Also sorry for that user. But he must have been pretty autistic to throw such a friendship over cards. No loss.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Vsv_vC7keA

>How to tell its in America
>3/4 of peeps are obese

a local Malifaux guy broke his hand after punching a support beam in the LGS because he had a series of bad cards in a friendly game.
a warmahordes guy threw his warcaster out the window due to bad rolls costing him the game.
those two were the most cringe-worthy ones I saw

I used to play Heroclix pretty heavily but I haven't played in forever. My last real tournament got me my favorite rage out ever

>Trinity War set pre-release night
>pull Prime The Outsider and some misc other stuff, build an efficient team around him since he was the only heavy hitter I really got
>end up winning my first two rounds
>last round is against a notorious spergelord, dude always smells like BO and gets cocky as fuck whenever he's winning
>he has Superman and Nick Necro, both super rares and both strong so this dude had a lucky ass pull
>he moves his Superman up the map as far as he can to wail on me next turn
>I don't think he knew how big of a powerhouse the Outsider is
>end up running in and dealing 6 damage to Superman, enough to KO him
>dude gets visibly upset that I just took down his big beatstick in one turn, but he still has Nick Necro and one or two cheap units
>eventually gets down to me with the Outsider and Black Orchid and all he has left is Nick Necro, Outsider doesn't have a scratch on him
>charge in with the Outsider for the kill
>he reminds me that at the start of the game he chose the Outsider as the target of Nick Necro's trait so he wouldn't be able to target Nick
>I point out that the trait also says it becomes inactive once Nick is the last character still standing on your team
>I KO Nick with that attack and he sperges the fuck out, starts hollering for a judge. The judge comes and confirms that I am correct
>ends up grabbing all his shit and storming out of the store screaming about me being bullshit for knowing how his character worked
>end up winning the tourney and getting 10 boosters for a prize

still makes me wonder if he had been getting wins in his previous rounds because he was giving people an incorrect reading of that character's rules

>screaming about me being bullshit for knowing how his character worked
Top kek.

What was he hoping to accomplish with that shove?

>WoWtcg
My nigga! That game was the shit. I remember my first game, someone gave me a cleric deck and we played a dungeon. I was hooked. I still have a box of them...couldn't be arsed counting so I weighed it and it's 93kg of WoW cards!

Also, wtf? What a passive cunt. I mean a 6yr friendship, those are hard to come by. At least throw it away over something worthwhile! like fucking his bangin younger sister Im still sorry Tom

>rage story
>the guy raging throws or otherwise destroys his models

As someone who spends an autistically long amount of time on his models, these stories always make me cringe the hardest. I couldn't imagine ever getting so mad that I'd break something I put so much time and work into

>Most of the people in the room are fat
>Blurred faces and goofy ass greenscreen
>Snobby people
>DM intervening into PC in character stuff and playing with GMPC
>Fatso breaking and making a failed sneak attack

What a time to be alive

It's worse when they destroy the other guys models or cards.

Kick his ass and steal his shit.

It's only fair.

>"Dude, Leave"
>"Okay"
kek

This. I've learned in my local MtG meta to play my cards very close to my edge of the table. Too often have I seen people reach across, and grab the opponents deck in sweaty, crumpled hands to rip, tear, and even once chew and swallow the card.

Actually that's one of the reasons I quit and went over to the GW store across the road; surprisingly less autistic. But then again I've yet to see a single person in there under 25 (I'm the youngest at 26)

Guy in our LGS threw away a model that he converted and painted himself. That was weird.

Rage makes you do stupid things.

I know a guy who has thrown his minis. I often paint minis for him on modest commission. One time it worked out really well. I painted up a carnifex for him. A few months later he ends up raging and throwing that 'Fex into a wall shattering it. He commissions me to fix the paint job.

Easy money.

>at my LGS
>there trying out Star Wars: Destiny with a friend
>it's 40k night, so most of the other tables are full of 40k games
>hear some commotion from one of the tables
>we turn around just in time to see something fly across the building and smash into the wall
>all hell breaks loose me and my buddy watching in complete shock as about 7 or 8 dudes beat the absolute piss out of some dude until he finally gets away and limps the fuck out of the store
>walk over and ask what the fuck just happened
>apparently he was a new guy who had only been there 2 or 3 times before
>his space marines were getting BTFO by resident oldfags Necron army so he picked up his ghost ark and threw it across the room
>never saw that guy again and as far as I'm aware the cops never got involved

I used to think everyone at my local store was reasonable, never seen any arguments that didn't get resolved quickly by a judge.

Then I made the mistake of going on a saturday when the 40k well, Horus Heresy players show up. There was this one guy who must have been about 50 and smoked a pack a day since he was 10, and after every roll he was getting into a rules argument, and asking people if they want to take it outside.

Probably my own and it didn't get anything past just swearing a bunch and claiming that white/black mix in MTG is fucking atrocious.

I used to do commission work for a couple friends for a very modest price. once a couple of them started selling them off, I stopped.
if I ever saw someone break or mishandle something I painted for them on the cheap, I'd at least double the prices for that person, or flat out refuse to paint for them.

Worst part is that I honestly thought I was an asshole or something (well, moreso) and maybe just didnt know it so I had a mini-identity crisis which really fucked me up but thankfully my other friends helped me realize it really was him and I'm not as big a cuntbag as previously thought. Oh and another thing that happened with him: he thought I was plotting to kill him when he had a panic attack after we worked out and he had some of my protein shake which triggered his caffeine sensitivity, we ended up calling 911 because he was freaking out.

>never saw that guy again and as far as I'm aware the cops never got involved
To be fair it would be funny if he told the cops "I autistically threw and broke a model, so a group of nerds kicked my ass."

MUH RULES arguments are the fucking worst...

Is that you Varg? Is that what really happened?

Can you elaborate on what happened? That sounds utterly bat-shit crazy.

Everyone who does this needs to get the absolute shit beaten out of by everyone around to serve as a warning to the other retards

Well basically we'd get together almost every weekend (about 5-7 of us) and we'd all play videogames wowtcg/yu-gi-oh and sometimes work out with some weights we had lying around, so after we finished a set I offered him some of my protein shake (basic whey, energy booster) and he took a few sips then started sweating and shaking so he wanted to call the 911 but I was trying to tell him it was a common after effect and he just needed to sit it out but we ended up calling the amberlamps anyway and they took him away with an irregular heartbeat. A couple days later I was talking to a few of my friends they were asking me if I purposely gave him the shake knowing he'd react to it and if I intentionally delayed the 911 call and it threw me off but it turns out he asked them to probe me about it because he thought I was trying to kill him, we all shared a laugh afterwards but wtf man.

Was he Larping as the blood raven commander?

>DEEP STRIEEEKS!

Not to me, but I just remembered this one. There isn't much rage through.

A friend of mine had one day arrived very happy, because he had opened a booster and got a Jace Sculptor (when it was very valuable). He was happy showing it to everyone, when one of the guys asked to see it.

He handed it to him, which he then casually removed him from his shield and teared it apart. He looked there, dumbstruck, like his mind couldn't compute what had happened. Then he actually broke down in tears.

He really shouldn't have showed it to the jerk since that guy was a known asshole.

>opponent gets salty that I'm targeting him
Oh man people who do this shit in multiplayer are the worse but I kinda get where they're coming-
>in a 1v1
What.

>5e D&D
>friend is playing a warlock
>decides to wander away from party in the woods
>A wild owlbear appears
>"I wanna stab it with my dagger"
>"I would not recommend that"
>charges owlbear and rolls to hit
>crit fail
>screams "you nigger" for about five minutes straight.

Dude had a habit of getting his characters killed due to lack of thinking.

We also have a player legendary for that around here. When someone screws up in a very dumb way, it is of tradition to say he did a David.

Carlos, its you? (not de meme)

>Keked by bbc

kek

This is why you should never play with fat people.

>play monopoly with slow brother and foreign girl
>we're showing her the game
>I bank because math is tough
>he accuses me of cheating
>"Them there's fitan words!"
>comes up several more times as I kick ass with my extreme property management skills
>he starts shouting
>I get coy
>I end up throwing stacks of money at him
>he goes for my throat (standard practice for us)
>foreign girl runs crying from the room and calls our parents saying we're going to kill each other
>we don't talk for a day or two and she doesn't want to play any more board games with us

yeah. We did the same shit over Goldeneye all the time

>I've seen people throw people after losing their shit when people heckle them during a game.
Fair. I once beat the crap out of a motherfucker who's been insulting me behind my back throughout the game. The most disgusting thing about this is that he was with friends (pathetic fucking wimps the lot of them, but still), and I was alone, and nobody tried to help him against me when I was punching him with complete impunity (he didn't even attempt to fight back). It was so embarrassing that I asked them to attack me all together, promising that I would fight them alone. Complete silence.

>This little punk walks into MY GYM
>spamming GRASS TYPES
>GODDAMN BUG CATCHERS

>I don't keep up to date with this stuff.

And yet here you are, making an attempt to keep up-to-date with this stuff.

I think I am going to stop going to my local edh night.
>Only a few regulars every time
>Most play edh because it is more casual
>Refuse to fucking read how cards work so me and the one other competent guy have to explain how everything works
>They get mad when we "don't let them play the game." as in use counters or removal.
>They have fuck awful threat assessment and board politics.
It was fun for a while when I stomped a bit but it has lost its novelty.

I've got a friend who seriously mistreats his dices. Throwing them is just the beginning, he literally threw one out of the window once, and another time he buried his dice in his backyard and left them there for about 2 weeks.
I find this equal parts terrible and funny, because I'm the GM, and most of these rolls he failed and got super angry were absolutely inconsequential. There was nothing really at stake.

Then, all of my friends, this guy included, also tend to get into really petty arguments mid-session (usually regarding stuff like "my character is stronger than yours") and proceed to waste 40 minutes at that. It has gotten better lately, but still happens from time to time.

I finished second once with a standard starter deck. It's actually fun thing to do.

>real talk I had an odd moment one tournament and I don't know why but I started to tear up while remaining completely otherwise normal. I have depression now, I wonder if that was just a sign?
I did lose due to just bad luck but still such an odd embarrassing memory.

What card was it?

Then the burden lies on him for not thinking it through, and being naive, if the guy he showed was known to be a cunt.

>first time playing a Catan game
>me, the store owner, his wife, and another regular showing me the ropes
>things are going smoothly
>eventually draw the "everyone gives me all their wheat" card
>all I have is wheat and wheat accessories
>spend about a 5 minute turn negotiating my wheat for other people's materials
>they all need wheat and probably plan to deprive me of my wheat production in the coming turns
>once the last of my wheat is gone, I play the card and steal it all back
>set up with 4 players worth of materials, shooting me out into a lead that they can't come back from
>store owner's wife plays the rest of the game in near silence
>gets up and leaves as soon as I win the game
>show up for FNM later that week
>store owner explains that his wife doesn't want to associate with me and won't draft with us as long as I'm there
>hand over my $15 with an "up to you"
>my name gets called out for seating
>she stands behind the counter the whole time, watching us

After I raped him in the first round.

Topkek

On the real though, this is why once you've played Catan a few times with the same group of people, trading grinds to a halt

The group that I play with has become very shrewd about their trades but still do trade. We're all very suspicious of everyone else though.

>Lend my friend a few of my rare cards so we can play competitively
>We go to the event and hes doing pretty good
>Congratulate him wgenever he does well
>We end up playing against eachother
>He beats me
>laugh and tell him he did good
>ask him when i can expect my cards back
>lolno
>the fucker thinks i gave them to him
>call him a theif
>keeps telling everyone i gave him the cards
>flip shit
>want to kill him
>tfw my friend threw out our friendship because of cards.

That's a cool card. I want one.

Bumping this thread, I dont have many stories but I have a friend who forfeits/quits whenever he suffers a slight drawback in basically any game.

Gamble with him

Kek, good idea.

A friend started yelling, throwing his dice around and knocking over his drink because another player got both their characters killed towards the end of the very first session of that campaign.

The worst, and to be honest only real rage I've seen at the table. This particular dude has a bit of victim complex. Playing online games with him means listening to constant lamentations about how the entire enemy team are targetting him specifically.

I've personally never seen many freakouts myself.
I've seen seething anger from the MTG community at my FLGS.
generally loads of groups of angry looking young asian dudes. Most of them squat together and just act like dicks but brood if you beat them.

the miniature game dudes were mostly chill, the dude who was almost my animation programme coordinator would get mad in warmahordes and would force DELIBERATE AND CAREFUL EXAMINATION of the rules, only if he was loosing mind you and become rather short with people in the process.

Jesus nigger was that back in lorwin.
Wasn't big into mtg back then but i heard fairies were utter cancer back then.

Yup! It's very cool.

I loved this card + my other fairies. It was mean.

The best game i had was when i won by victory cards and largest army and road.

The whole game i made them feel bad for "screwing me over" while i already had most VP. I had 3 settlements and built a city to win. I also did stupid things to get their guard down.

Twas great.

I love nerd rage. So embarrassing to witness.

>get stationed in Fairbanks Alaska
>make friends with guy who has a basement board
>we hobby 4 days a week drinking beer, eating food, painting and playing casual games between ourselves
>eventually decide to get involved in the local scene after playing each other exclusively for months
>there is only one place to play, "The Comic Shop"
>decide to go to the upcoming team tournament, i bring my daemonhunters (3rd edition codex), he brings his black templars
>day of tourney, we shop up, store is packed. packed with disgusting, smelly, fat autistic nerds.
>he calls his wife, asks her to bring us some fucking febreeze along with our lunches
>make it through 6 grueling hours of games against all manner of WAAC lists through a mix of luck and opponent error
>we can't win first place but can pull off 3rd if we manage to beat the store's resident tryhard WAAC Tyranid player and his CSM partner
>kid is some obnoxious ginger, 120lbs soaking wet, nasal voice, very outspoken. Very active on the community FB page and clearly spends a lot of time on Dakka, BoLS, etc doing metagame research.
>game commences and things go very well for them at first, evening out towards the mid game
>guy is joking with other tables nearby during the game about how to spend the store credit prize money and speculating on what box of models he should pick out
>turn 6 commences, one of his winged tyrants has been zooming up the board all game and is poised to steal the game from us if it can just get into melee with my inquisitorial stormtroopers who are holding an objective just BARELY
>his BT are holding the line and have tied up his guants and warriors
>we have almost nothing left on the board that could threaten a tyrant reliably

Finish the story fag

>Kaladesh Pre-release event
>Cracking open packs
>I pull out a Chandra, Torch of Defiance
>Call it out, lots of people congratulating me on my luck
>This one guy that looks to be in his 40s who was acting all whimsical and goofy throws his current booster pack he was sorting through on the table "FUCK! Now I know I have NO chance of getting one!"
>Another person calls out they got a foil Saheeli Rai
>Guy slaps the table and starts muttering to himself
>Round 1, I play against him
>He gets out an early flyer and keeps poking me with it, I have nothing to deal with it
>He's acting all whimsical and goofy, cheering on about how this strategy seems to be working so it's all good and-
>I play a kill spell on his flyer and start to turn things around steadily
>He goes dark and miserable immediately
>Win game 1, go to game 2
>He immediately plays the flyer, you can see the mood improving...
>Kill spell on his flyer
>He just sets his hand down and starts throwing his cards down one by one on the table and passing, not bothering to play lands as he's just cursing at the world
>Match ends, he scoops and stomps out, not bothering to even grab his pity packs

The guy comes to many pre-release events and we get similar performances. The weirdest thing about his sperging out over other people getting Mythics is that he once coughed up the money to buy a set of Unlimited Moxes the store had: he's not hurting for money.

>resign myself to defeat but pick up my dice to at least fire my objective holding squad's hellguns at his tyrant. The Emperor Protects!
>They hit
>they wound
>flyrant fails it's last two saves.
>Black templars hold the line for another turn and we pull out the third place victory. We can't believe we have won with fucking Daemonhunters and Black Templars.
>Shake the CSM players hand and attempt to shake hand of Ginger Tyranid Guy, instead he shakes his head
>Ginger Tyranid Guy says with a stutter, "I just... I just want you guys to know that I don't like this. I don't think this is right. I have NEVER not placed in a tournament here before."
>He waits for us to respond, but friend and I are so caught off guard and confused that we just don't know how to react. We tell him we are sorry he lost.
>He blankly stares at his models and we notice his hands are shaking.
>He packs up his models and leaves and goes on later that day to complain on the forums about fair play.
>we get a small in store prize gift card for third, and we manage to win the painting competition as well.

My friend and I laughed about that story for a good year. Perhaps you had to be there, but the absurdity of the situation and the concept of getting upset over 40k was so alien to us at the time that it was comical.

Upon playing at the store in future events we discovered that the playerbase for the tournament scene was largely toxic (and smelled toxic, WTF fairbanks Alaska??) and we stopped going to the shop entirely, back to the safety of his basement games, beer, and his wife's good cooking.

But I will never forget the face of Ginger Tyranid Guy and his shaking hands of passive anger...

Lel why do people play dice games if they can't handle some bad luck here and there?

>$30
Ouch.

That's what you get for liking WoW AND TCGs, anonymous.

I wish I could remember the exact rule in question but one time when just passing in a local game store there was a 40k tournament where I got to witness a 20 minute argument over the importance of a comma in the rulings of an ability.

I think that is a USA phenomena, sure we see some autistic and social inepts from time to time, but only the in the USA I have seen them in such huge concentration and numbers.

>set of Unlimited Moxes
perhaps it's my Scottish heritage but i can sort of understand why he won prefer to pull it from packs even if he isn't hurting for money.
i mean
paying $5 >>>> paying $50
but if he had a brain he'd know not to buy packs because it's fucking waste.
god doesn't anyone know how to be proper penny pincher anymore and that's not to be penny wise, pound stupid

god that's autistic.
but that's the hobby for you.
I personally have only been playing with a couple chill ork and guard players because i'm sick to death of the eldar/tau cheese spam.
they just end up being bad sports.
one fella, when i was getting back in the game started brow beating me, telling me he could just walk out of a fight with my walker and refused to consider any of my units behind cover as behind cover. and seemed like he might flip if he lost.
fucked if i know, sometimes you just have a raw game, you gotta sack up and try a new one

WoW TCG was good you double nigger.

kek