The Library owner is overworked and while she doesn't ask for it...

>The Library owner is overworked and while she doesn't ask for it, it's clear she could use a hand with looking for the missing books that haven't been returned around town
>A band of kids stole an important piece of equipment of a PC, they're just kids, and their parents would be glad to teach them a lesson if you get them home by dinner
>A paladin sits in front of the local shop, he wants to get a limited edition copy of a book he loves, but there's only one left and a kid wanted that book for his birthday, now he can't decide if he buys it for himself, or gives it to the kid
>It's a rainy day, one character got a cold, but most reocurring NPC's come by to visit and hang out with the party while the PC gets better
>It's a succubus first day on the job, and she can't bring herself to do lewd things with dirty old men, she'd rather cuddle and have nice romantic dates with people, even tough she doesn't know how to do that either
>a local priest of a pagan but very peaceful religion asks you to stay for a ceremony, the church is almost empty, but he cheerily does the entire thing, then invites the party for a meal to thank them for coming

What are some comfy situations that can happen in a game?

My favourite plot hook is making PCs play matchmaker between two NPCs. Delivering a love letter or helping them sneak out to meet each other, that kind of stuff.

I don't have anything to add but I hope to see more of this, could be a great help to my current campaign. Hope someone has more comfy adventures.

>Old paladin women finds a half-demon child in a burned village
>usually she would just kill it and move on
>[motherly urge intensifies]
>ends up taking the child with her
>leaves order
>spends the rest of her days taking care of child
>is hard work, but she loves him anyway
>fast forward years later
>ex-paladin is on her deathbed
>child has grown into an adult and is a symbol of good despite being a demon
>passes away while holding his hand, happy to spend her last moments with her adapted son

I hope to write a book like this one day.

>A lich interrupts a same sex wedding that the PCs were attending.
>He just wanted to be there to see his great-great-great-great-great granddaughter get married, and he says that as long as she's happy, it doesn't matter "That she's marrying a dyke".

>PCs relaxing inside a tavern on a rainy day
>Find out that x likes y decide to play a prank and set them up to meet, thinking the other set it up
>Spending the day to make some item, nothing that's overly beneficial other than nice looking
>Helping a local shop keeper move some heavier items
>Enjoy a dinner with a family giving the party shelter on the road

>later conquers kingdom for unrelated reasons
>issues thousand-year proclaimation of death and misery under his iron fisted rule
>gay marriage is still legal though

In one game I played in:

>PC1: Female half-elf wizard. Raised by her weird hermit uncle. Socially retarded
>PC2: Female human barbarian. From primitive northern tribe, smart, but doesn't understand local customs
>PC3: Male half-orc cleric. Member of monastic order, scholarly but unfamiliar with the finer points of high society.
>PC4: Male human fighter/rogue. Son of a duke, high Charisma, well respected in noble social circles.

>Party saves several villages from cult plotting blood sacrifice to empower their God.
>Crown Prince invites party to grand feast in their honour
>PC4 spends entire session trying to get rest of party to dress and act like normal, polite people.
>Not a die is rolled entire session
>Players still talk about it as most memorable session of the campaign

I wish I had the kind of players that allowed for these situations to happen.

>I murder the people who haven't returned their books and then burn down the library.
>I murder the children for stealing my crap.
>I murder the kid AND the paladin, then steal the book and throw it in the lake.
>I use the character's illness as bait to murder all of the friends and family that come visit them, then curse them with an everlasting disease.
>I rape the succubus until she likes it.
>I burn down the priest's church, cripple him, then take his food.

HAHA! Darklord Fuckblade rides again!

Background of a campaign I played in was it was the aftermath of a big war between Dwarfs and Elfs. I played a Dwarf fighter who was seeking revenge for her Husband and son who were killed in the war. Midway through campaign, she kills a elf wizard and his female apprentice. Goes to loot through their home, finds baby elf. Realizes she's become the very thing she hated. Adopts the baby elf and retired from adventuring.

After the campaign wrapped up, the DM announced the next campaign will take place in the same setting, but 100 years later. I played the now grown up elf.

Redeemed demon paladin is such a badass trope.

>PCs are tasked with finding out why a band of gnolls have set up camp just outside town
>PCs attempt to make contact, but the gnolls are not interested in talking, persuasion rolls failed
>Out of ideas, the bard decides to start playing his instrument
>Gnolls have never heard such music before
>They decide to join in with their own instruments and singing
>Before you know it, it's a full-scale party
>Bonfire lit
>Singing and dancing
>Food and drink being shared
>Turns out, the gnolls had undergone a long and arduous journey to get where they are and the spur-of-the-moment celebration was just the diversion they needed
>Gnolls now happy to talk with PCs

Did the PCs and Gnolls reconcile their differences and murder and loot the town together? That's the happy ending I'm hoping for here

>The crown prince has refused to marry the princess he was engaged to because "I'd rather die than marry someone who I've never even seen"
>He is instead infatuated with rumors of a ruthless and lawless female mercenary and her soldiers, insisting that he should be allowed to marry her instead.
>The princess who he was betrothed to requests that the party pretend to be her soldiers as she disguises herself to be the mercenary and kidnaps the Prince, because she actually does want to marry him.
>Unbeknownst to the party, the real mercenary also likes the prince and is also planning to kidnap him and marry him in secret.
>The two women look very similar.

You can always stalk a little kid and learn more of the innocent of ignorance.

What comfy things can a drow guy do? in the underdark?

Not quite, the PCs did enable the gnolls to take over a rival clan in order to repel a lizardfolk invasion (it's a long story). Afterwards, the empowered gnolls were allowed to return to their homeland, where they will almost certainly become a scourge on the land with the power to murder and pillage like no other gnoll clan has before.

Die and reroll a non edgy character

Enjoy spending time with a woman who doesn't beat him too frequently.

Appease his violent and spoiled daughter so that she doesn't torture him with magic.

Be happy that the spiders he was assigned to care for today only have an extremely painful venom and not a fatal one.

He just wants to relax, in drow fashion

well could be worse

>Players live in Neverwinter.
>Lost friends and family
>Spend most of their earned gold from adventuring on reconstruction
>Expand an orphanage and run it themselves as home base.
>Well staffed and offers food for free to workers rebuilding Neverwinter Castle.
>MFW players are better at treating npcs than me and use dragon hoards better than me.

They're a good party
>In violent details describes the fight against the young dragon

Go get high with the mushroom people,

Now that's a plan