I have a question I need to pose you tg in regards to a certain Dm...

I have a question I need to pose you tg in regards to a certain Dm. I am not sure if he falls with in a 'that guy' area or 'this guy'. Allow me some story time to explain why I am of two minds

>Return to my hometown after moving away five years ago
>most of my old friends have moved on but one of them, the guy who got me into table top and pen and paper rpgs in the first place remains
>For the sake of this story we will call him Bob cause his real name is to long ot type
>After meeting up with Bob and catching up he invites me to relive old times by joining his current D&D group as there is a spot open and it would be a good way for me to meet some new people
>I agree, though his one condition is I need to play a rogue as his group is a 'little' paranoid due to his traps
>A little concerned but I like Bob and hell, not like I have any other plans
>I write u pa rather dull halfling rogue and join the session and meet my fellow players
>Jason our paladin, Richard our Cleric, Sharon our ranger and Matt our Wizard
>everything seems fine and normal and I get introduced ot the game story, essentially recently metallic halls have appeared in random mines and caves leading to a labyrinth of metal halls and rooms that whisper an ominous tune to those who enter
>Ok going a slightly horror route but I can dig it
>my character gets introed into the group and we enter the maze (skipping a few levels down due to magic checkpoints)
>remember how I said group was apparently a little paranoid?
>Bob is a fucking liar, they are so paranoid when we find an empty room with a metal box standing alone in it the groups response is to nope as hard as possible and find another way around
>yeah, it is going to be one of THOSE games
cont.

One of those games where the GM wants to annoy the players and be a general dick, "trolling" players. That is fun sometimes, but if the entire dungeon is like that it's crap. Get an "Observer" feat and fuck him up.

>progress is slow
>very slow
>a snail with a fucking limp would be faster
>entire party, despite now having a rogue willing and able to check and disarm traps continues to toe inch by inch down a hall because Bob used the classic 'you do not SEE any traps'.
>Bob is clearly enjoying this as he is grinning like a minx the entire fucking time that makes the players even more paranoid
>made EVEN WORSE by him using creepy music and humming from his computer to simulate the 'ominous tune' of this place
>occasionally encounter monsters, nothing amazing just 'iron skeletons' 'copper goblins' etc etc
>usual monsters with metallic attributes and names
>we also occasionally find bones and supplies for mother people who tried to adventure into this place with creepy diary entries and all of them mentioning a tune driving them mad
>ididnotsignupforcallofcthulu.jpg
>this continues for FIVE.FUCKING.SESSIONS.
>I want you to imagine a game where your team is paranoid of traps (which none have been found so far) with creepy music and whale calls on a computer playing, only interrupted by the occasional monster fight and finding some creepy remains with hints the song of this place is driving people mad all the while Bob sits behind his DM screen grinning like a predator
>FINALLY we find a clue that this whole thing may be a metal lich, ie necron tomb and if we dont shut it down everyone will die yadda yadda ancient evil has awoken plot
cont

"metallic halls have appeared in random mines and caves leading to a labyrinth of metal halls and rooms that whisper an ominous tune to those who enter"

"an empty room with a metal box standing alone in it"

"creepy music and humming from his computer to simulate the 'ominous tune'"

"other people who tried to adventure into this place with creepy diary entries and all of them mentioning a tune driving them mad"

"creepy music and whale calls on a computer playing"

... Did your DM throw your medieval fantasy party into a sci-fi dungeon? This sounds like some shit from Cube (the film) or from Portal.

>For the sake of this story we will call him Bob cause his real name is to long ot type
And it required less effort to type out this long message instead of just writing his normal name, or alternatively just call him "Bob" once and Bob from then on?

If you were pissed off by the slow pace, you should have just lerrroyed all over the place until you either sped up the progress or finally set off a trap, thus at least getting a proof that your team members aren't all retarded.

>So now that we finally have a clue about what this place is everyone starts to relax a little (still paranoid about traps) but at least now knowing this place is just 'metal lich tomb number 1000'
>I will spare you the details of our slow dungeon crawl but we find out we need to get ot the 'heart' of the tomb and remove it to disable the expanding maze ad use the heart to teleport ourselves to the lichs sanctom to face him
>yet more dungeon crawling, a boss fight and we finally locate the heart
>it take ONE HOUR for my team to actually take the damn thing because 'might be trapped' and even then it is me grabbing it without the group agreeing cause I am sick of it
>LOL It was trapped and the entire dungeon is now collapsing in on us
>your not paranoid if they are after you
>DM seems to be ramping up a 'rocks fall ,everyone dies and it is your fault' ending only for the heart to teleport us out to the liches sanctum
>land in the sanctum which essentially a giant vertical pillar we need to climb to face the lich with hand holds all over for us to climb up
>once again 'mah traps' ensues with the group
>considering we just collapsed a dungeon in on itself I can understand
>DM mentioning the 'ominous tune' is louder here and turns up the sound
>Players fears of going insane out weigh fears of traps and we begin our long climb up
>DM has this shit eating grin on his face as we reach the half way point of the climb and he changes the song as we can 'finally hear the tune'
finishing soon
also pic related, my opinion of this group so far

>I know the song he has played
>Anyone who owned a PS2 would
>See when I moved I accidentally had one of Bob's games with me and I never returned it
>What game is it you ask
>we are climbing a long vertical, metal ladder with a song playing TAKE ONE FUCKING GUESS!
MY FRIEND LITERALLY SPENT THE LAST 6 SESSIONS SETTING UP A 'WAY TO FALL' GAG IN HIS GAME TO REMIND ME I STOLE HIS FUCKING COPY OF METAL GEAR SOLID 3 WHEN I MOVED!

And thus I now sit here trying to work out if Bob is That Guy for pulling this shit, or this guy for somehow getting his players to go along with this farce. They were in on it, they had no idea what Bob had planned only that he wanted them to act really paranoid about traps with me.

Return the disc or buy a new one and just say well played and move on. Hell hath no fury like a DM scorned.

Dude, that is some serious dedication. Hell, you got a thrill or two out of it. This guy sounds so supreme.

Also return that shit you fucking thief.

Let me guess, Americans?

Yeah, I guess the US is unique in its application of the law of "don't take shit that isn't yours".

What do you mean?

Whether or not this story is true, this has the makings of a new Veeky Forums greentext.

I'm not even mad, and yes I returned the game. I just have no idea if I should applaud him for going this far to remind me of something I did years ago or want to murder him for subjecting me to multiple sessions of hell.

Only a burger would justify such insane acts of douchebaggery because of "muh sacred jesus-given private propurty"

>The bar has fallen this low

You all died in the end?

It was not that high to begin with

What are you, some kind of communist?

Fuck a duck you should kick him in the balls

Not that this actually happened, but that should go without saying

Can I have your car? Your wallet with cash in it?

You could say that
>He had a way to fall...

>douchebaggery

Dude it was fuckin' funny, harmless, and OP even claimed to get a kick out of it.

Let me guess, Canadian?

>Dude it was fuckin' funny, harmless
Let's be honest here: it was an absolutely awful campaign that went on for over five sessions.
>OP even claimed to get a kick out of it.
He's either not entirely honest or he has really low standards.

Well, if he has low standards that's on him and it's irrelevant. On the other hand, if OP's lying to us this entire thread's a wash and bickering among ourselves is pointless.

Sounds like he gave his life, not for honor, but for you.