MTG Lore Thread: The Mummy Staring Liliana and Brendan Fraser Edition

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/servants-2017-04-19

We learn more about this new world as Jace and Liliana go investigating the third demon. Also the Raven Man returns, cause why not.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MTGAlison/status/852016505302597636
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can someone Explain to me the with the Raven Man, he comes off more like a Ghost Plainswalker than an illusion.

Personally, I'm quite disgusted with how M:tG has been handling this new Plane. There should be more black people (or Nubians, as Kush as it was known to the Egyptians) to reflect the rich multicultural heritage of the Old Kingdom, where black men and women were not only a substantial portion of the population, but even Pharaohs!

Either her mind trying to put a face to her own insanity or Yawgmoth

The mummies are all black. You can't tell because they're covered in bandages though. It's a metaphor. MtG has deepest lore.

But the Machine Father is dead user.

>but even Pharaohs!
There was a single black dynasty in ancient egypt, and it only lasted about 90 years, which is fucking nothing in the thousands of years of Egypt's history.

>She swallowed the grape, seeds and all of course—spitting was so undignified.

>Yawg
>Not Mishra

>and it only lasted about 90 years

I thought it was hardly more than 36?

Point is, the existence of that means a full third (if not more) of every card needs to feature a Nubian.

IT'S A FANTASY SETTING THEY CAN BE ANY COLOR THEY WANT, JUST DEAL WITH IT!

>"Affection is manipulation," said Liliana. "It worked, didn't it?"

>"On whom?" said the Raven Man. "You and Jace have split a bottle and reminisced about old times more than once. You're telling me that was just you getting your hooks back into him?"

>It had happened, a time or three, at her private residence on Ravnica after she joined the Gatewatch. Then Gideon had remarked acidly at some strategy meeting about being unable to find Jace in the early hours of the morning, and that had been the quiet, unremarked-upon end of the thing.

>"That," said Liliana, "is none of your damned business."

W E W
E
W

So what's Ajani up to? Considering there's some maybe-evil gods on the plane, maybe he's getting an expert on them.

She's only going to come back once Phyrexia invades Theros. Giving her a reason to join the Gatewatch

Did that story just confirm that Liliana and Jace have actually been fucking each other? And Gideon put a stop to it?

She is dead user. Let her go.

we don't know yet.

Yes?

he didn't so much put a stop to it, just put two and two together and they stopped it themselves once everyone knew

yes. No pre-marital sex allowed in Gideon's purity watch

How old is Lilly?

Was she born before or after the Phyrexian Invasions? Does she know they exist?

>The Gatewatch is on their knees before Elesh Norn, right as she is about to oil them
>Monologue and all coming out, with Chandra gnashing her teeth and Gideon hanging his head in shame
>Suddenly the ground starts to tremble
>The sky grows dark
>The ground itself bursts open as a golden-haired Elsepth flies out
>"IT'S OVER, PHYREXIAAAAAAAAA!"

>and they stopped it themselves once everyone knew

>Can't have sex anymore because everyone knows you're fucking

What is this, high school? They both have a right to bone anyone they damn well please.

>Next time, on Jacetice League: Z.

>Elesh Norn is killed
>Jin Gitaxias takes over and unleashes his Phyrexian Super science

Jace is a wimp
When Chad tells him not to fuck black-alligned chicks he says ok

>Two new Phyrexian Planeswalkers are unleashed, named Sycsten and Cevinten
>Chased by a more advanced creation with the powers of absorption, made solely to test them and, should they fail, absorb them

>>Two new Phyrexian Planeswalkers
Stopped reading there

Gideon's just looking out for his bro. Can't let him drop back into an abusive relationship out of hand.

That was suprisingly alright.
I expect Razaketh to look like a roided version of pic related

so you want black people to be slaves to a dragon that obviously reflects western colonialism at how he treats other planes? Why are you so racist?

There's a third one too but he's nice and likes nature, and makes friends with Elspeth's son.

You should not fuck a person who decevied, manipulated and used you, while killing your friends. Gideon is right.

Silly, he was posting satire.

Most of the people in the Plane are black. Because as we both know, M:tG and WotC have done a TERRIBLE job including more black people in their products.

She was born a couple of decades before the Mending.

But what if you're drunk and the sex is REALLY good?

who is elspeth's father? Daxos? Ajani? Gideon? Xenagos? The Phyrexian Negator that attacked her before?

Jace. We need more UW Walkers. It also explains why he would be a gigantic pussy up until his Phyrexian friend dies.

>Negator

Bitch, if a Negator attacked a neo walker they'd be dead immediately. Those things were designed to kill old walkers

>Liliana
>Good at sex

She's a dead fish in the sack.

It's implied that she's actually very good at it, and she said in one UR that she used to snuggle up to Jace for warmth and occasionally amuse herself by breathing softly against his neck (since she has a lower body temperature than most).

He apparently liked it a lot.

Dack Fayden duh, why do you think he in the underworld, he said he was after the greatest treasure in Theros.

I think magic's storyline is drivel but Liliana does things to my dick

well done Wizards I guess

She's had, like, years of experience, dude. Plus, all that demon magic is keeping her pussy fresh

Not all neo walkers. Obnoxious likely could put up a fight, Sorin, Nahiri, definitely Ugin and Bolas.

see pic
I could see her being all talk no foreplay or at least an Ara Ara in the streets, an nervous girl in the sheets

Yeah, and Elspeth is pretty much an oldwalker that didn't lose their powers.

As stupid as it sounds, I think Vorinclex is more likely to take over if Norn bites the dust, sure Jin has all his science but Clex just walks over everything Blue Phyrexia can throw at him, and losing mana is far more debilitating to Jin Gitaxias than not having ideas is to Vorinclex.

Could Elspeth's utter hatred for Phyrexians allow her to ascend to a new state of being? Dare I say, a Super Walker?

She's definitely not nervous based on Agents of Artifice.

If Gideon in Purifying Fire is still even mildly canon, Gideon is probably more than a bit awkward though, or at least would be embarrassed when politely trying to refuse.

assuming they're going to keep recycling the Gatewatch for all eternity, I'd be interested to see what a UB Jace entirely wrapped around Liliana's finger would play like

Elspeth aint that powerful. She's almost certainly the strongest of the W neowalkers though.

So Glissa ends up running new phyrexia?

>getting wrapped around someone's finger somehow makes you B
that is NOT how the colour pie works

I want a drawfag to make an actual Super Saiyan Elspeth now, just to see what it would look like.

Yeah, I really like the sound of that.

You're right, it's hyperbole, but I'd put her up at Sorin/Nahiri powerlevel at the least.

If anything Jace edges towards WU.

no
Tezzeret does. Leading Phyrexia's armies through Planar Bridges. With Glissa as his waifu.

Doing a black walkers bidding however, just might.

NO IT DOESN'T IT'S LITERALLY THE OPPOSITE
REEEEE

>I know nothing about what canonically happened on New Phyrexia
Thanks for sharing, user.

Even Quest for Karn knew that's a shit idea, they already hate each other and he got btfo so hard he wants nothing to do with them twice over.

Jace want to be W, just as Gideon want to be R.

>Ajani: "Bolas!"

>Bolas: "Nonononono, fucking no, not again!"

>Ajani: "Yes! Despite all of your efforts, all of our genocide, Elspeth has become the one you've feared!"

>Bolas: "I swear to all my gods if you call her a fucking Su-"

>Ajani: "The Legendary Super Walker!"

>Bolas: "Killing you now, shutting you up now!"

>Canon post-lorwyn
kek

>Bolas promptly kills Ajani and makes Gideon explode

But who would be Broly? Garruk?

You know, given that this didn't come up in any of the previous stories in which we got Jace's perspective on Liliana...

It's possible that, every time it happened, he woke up the next morning, realized what he had done, and wiped his own memory of it.

Yeah, that's seems right big tough guy that beats everyone just by being far stranger than they can be, even when they're 6 times his size.

>I expect Razaketh to look like a roided version of pic related
I have bad news.

That was him before the whole Bolas takeover. He probably looks different now

>He probably looks different now
Why?

Just replace his crown with a Bolas crown. There would be that many physical differences for a demon in 60-80 years

*would not be

>Amonkhet plane profile still isn't up
God damn it, Wizards, get your shit together.

>60-80 years
Maximum 67

wow, it's weird thinking it was such a short time since literal gods had been walking around everywhere. there are characters grandparents or even parents that could have known Jeska.

After Griselbrand, none of Lili's other demons seem particularly threatening. Kothophed died like a bitch and deserved it for being so stupid. Griselbrand would have throat swabbed Lili, chain veil or no, and had to be explained away with a 'caught him unawares' dismissal. I doubt Razaketh will measure up to Gris in any capacity.

>Some oldwalkers are probably alive even without life extending magic
>Granny Jaya is still possible

According to Jodah, she kicked it even before the Mending.

That's fucking dissapointing then

Or Liliana did it herself.

Yawg is in his tomb getting his shit slapped by the ghost of Lord Windgrace.

Has there been any confirmation whether Bontu is supposed to be male or female?

Cause I'm having problems determining that.

Who gives a shit?

Alligator fuckers, that's who.

The Machine Father is both dead and alive user. The father is dead, long live Yawgmoth.

>Vedalken are Namekians
>Dovin Baan is Piccolo

Holy shit yes

So, Florida Man then?

He's male, only the Cat and the Pervert are female.

>He must teach Elspeth's son how to dodge using Aether-based weapons and high-speed vehicles
>Despite this, he has no idea how to actually drive

Liliana said herself that Razaketh was more powerful than Griselbrand (though this might only be the case since she has no way of surprise attacking him)

wrong. MaRo said that the Amonkhet gods are the opposite gender of the theros monocolour gods

As far as im concerned, Razaketh's power level directly depends on whether or not I want to reanimate him. I don't think they can top Draw 7.

I really want to care about the lore but I just can't.

It reads like it was written by teenagers, for teenagers about teenagers.

How closely is alignment tied to a walker's magic?
If Gideon snapped and started learning necromancy while backstabbing everyone he knows would he lose access to whatever it is he does besides turning invincible?

>When Razaketh enters the battlefield from the graveyard, each opponent discards his or her hand and you may search your library for up to three cards, put two of them into your hand and the rest into your graveyard. Then shuffle your library.

It is.

I have my reasons.

Got source to confirm that?

I can tell you right now for first hand experience that teenage writers would not even be able to write for this series at all. They would bicker too much with one another to get anything done and would scrap all previous characters in favor making their own Planeswalkers that are from plane X, and do their own things.

It's not as bad as teenage writers, not yet.

Well they've pretty much made the cast into teens.

Not same user or same source, but
twitter.com/MTGAlison/status/852016505302597636

Literally two seconds in google