Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1452: Stupid Sexy Jumper Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8pFJGYTygg
youtube.com/watch?v=RfqNH3FoGi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Continueing on...

>Maybe I should replace it with something more unique.
Uniqueness is cool too.

>It is! But to be fair, almost half of those are lands.
Five Colored Kami? What are you Progenitus?

>Oh, speaking of, how close could you get to a Myojin with the full Kami perkline and the Mask?
Pretty close with full Kami and a mask helping. You couldn't 1v1 O-Kagaachi but you're strong in your own right, strong enough to be respected.

Jump 09: Metal Gear
Era: 1999 - Zanzibar Land
Origin: Combat Unit [900]
Perks:
Marksman
10-Year Vet [800]
IT'S NOT OVER YET [600]
CQC [300]

Items:
Signature Weapon
Water Gun
Burkov
Arms Material D-114 [200]
Bambetov SV [0]

This is the exact opposite of de-stressing. Alright, I am a soldier in a world of insanity and war in equal measures. Well. First order of business: Get the hell out of Zanzibar before shit explodes and Snake arrives. Not in that order. More than that, though…I got the same, eerie feeling I did many years ago. When Smile reappeared.

I armed up. Prepared for the worst. Engineered weapons for the occasion. And then, when that feeling of danger, reached a crescendo, I was confronted by none other than…

…a man with a curly moustache and top hat.

"You damned Meddling Kid! I will finally get you for ruining my gold mine scheme!"

I blink a few times. "Seriously?"

"Yes! I will never forget how you humiliated me and sent me to jail…but at least, I have been given the opportunity for revenge! For you see, the memes have opened up my mind and body to an eternal age of warfare, and constant money-making schemes that will bankrupt the poor and poison the water supply!"

"What do those even have to do with each other."

"Now, you soldier, you meddler…you will face your doom! For I am now…The Masked Pain!"

"…okay, sure. Whatever. I'm about to remember the basics of CQC on your face. Bring it, I can take people like you on with one hand tied behind my-OWOWOWOWOW! Oh god, he's on fire! And he's got magic bees! Magic bees with little daggers instead of stingers! OH GOD, NOW EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE! How are you doing this?!"

"NANOMACHINES!"

So the plot of Metal Gear just kind of fades into the background for me as I'm soon in regular life-or-death struggles with an incredibly silly man with more than a few dangerous powers. Not wanting a repeat of last time, no matter how stupid he was, I confronted him at every interval…and the fucker. Would. Not Die. Drop a helicopter on his ass? He shows up a week later in Italy. Shoot him in the head? Back a week later. Blow him up with a grenade and throw him off a cliff? Not even a scar. I was THIS close to getting the nearest Metal Gear and tossing a nuke in his direction out of frustration before I realized I was going a tad overboard.

Anyways, that's how I ended up in Alaska. I REALLY hope this Masked Pain guy is a one-time deal. Maybe I can follow Snake around and end up part of the plot or something? Sure, it'll be dangerous, but-oh god he's back.

"I AM FIRE. THE BEES TRANSFORMED."

MOTHERF-

There is no escape from this hell. It is 2009 and I have no words to describe what complete and utter torture I've had to endure. The Masked Pain was only the beginning. Almost like fucking clockwork, he gathered a whole host of colorful foes with infuriating gimmicks and weird codenames. I thought I was fucking done for when Wizard Bear and Metal Corgi teamed up to fight me in a showdown in the middle of Paris, and I had to fight them on top of the Eiffel Tower while this politician down below gave a huge speech about memes being the cause of all war and disorder.

What perks do we have for helping with gitting gud at basic stuff to the point it can beat snowflake powers? Like go to Naruto and just train until the basic abilities can overcome magic eyes or go to Fairy Tail as a regular fire mage and train until your flames are stronger than Nasu's dragon fire?

If you're wondering who those are, Metal Corgi is a Japanese schoolgirl who is actually 40-years old and annoyingly chipper and has enough cybernetic augmentations to qualify as a living electronic appliance and has most of those specialized into being super speedy and parkour as fuck while using an anti-material rifle, while Wizard Bear is the reanimated corpse of Wotjek from the Polish 22nd Artillery Supply Company with magical powers involving the use of cigars. By the way, he is an actual bear, to boot.

And I KNOW there is a non-zero chance I will see these fucks again in later worlds.

I think I'm just refusing to give up out of spite for the universe at this point. Or fear that if I go home now, they'll follow me into my old age until we have a senior fistfight on top of a carrier in the middle of nowhere. At least it gave me an excuse to exchange war stories with Snake the few times we got to work together. I don't think my David Hayter impressions were very flattering, though.

"I do NOT sound like that."

"Sound like that?"

"Stop it."

"Stop it?"

And then he punched me. True story.

…I'm never coming back to this world, right?

Does anyone else ignore options they think are too exploitable? For example, it's too easy to simply hid in the warehouse behind a forcewall in dangerous settings, so I pretend the forcewall doesn't exist when making my selection.

What are some other options which are either highly exploitable (or "good mileage" if you want to look at it that way). What options do you take every time, or that you think somebody would have to be a fool not to take?

If you have the summoning perk, would killing something up close and personal let you make a summon of it? I think I remember Garruk hunting down new summons like that in the comics.

No.

I demand more of these villains. Fuck that Smile loser, THESE guys are the real deal!

>The Masked Pain is on fire and filled with bees
>Wizard Bear is a 40 year old parkouring japanese fridge
>Metal Corgi is a brain stuffed inside of a bear that uses cigar magic and is Polish for some reaon.

Heavens, there's only so much laughing I can do before I pass out.

Sometimes, when I think they're boring or too cheesy. I don't pretend they don't exist though, I just actively don't pick them.

I ignore the presence of the Blue Feather in the Harvest Moon Jump.

No, you got Wizard Bear and Metal Corgi mixed up.

I think there's a perk for something like that in A Practical Guide to Evil, I think the Villain capstone is something about being able to get past unfair plot-armor power ups.

I initially misinterpreted your question to mean that you wanted to be so good at completely mundane things that you can beat snowflake powers. Like, you can wash dishes so well that you can use soapy water and a cup to curbstomp Madera.

I can't hear you, I'm still laughing.

Yeah that one method of establishing somethings as your lesser.

>I am a master of the Secret Ancient Dishwasher Style!

Some small thing deep in my chest is really really happy that people are having fun with the narrative of the Shadow Realm

especially this growing story of Horahkty just slowly being revealed as something of an upset teenage girl goddess and Smile World being the equivalent of eating a carton of ice cream and binging musicals after a bad break up

>I think there's a perk for something like that in A Practical Guide to Evil, I think the Villain capstone is something about being able to get past unfair plot-armor power ups.
It's not so much that I just want to beat them, I want to legitimately be better than them with basic powers. And then use training perks to make other orpeople better than them, too.

>I initially misinterpreted your question to mean that you wanted to be so good at completely mundane things that you can beat snowflake powers. Like, you can wash dishes so well that you can use soapy water and a cup to curbstomp Madera.
I mean, shit. That works, too.

>Take the drawback in Shadow Realm that makes you a card Yugi uses
>There's probably going to be something similar in Smile World, and you take it as a Toon
>End up fighting yourself during Yugi Vs. Pegasus

>your Toon version looks at you
>might as well be seeing this

I personally imagine all the creator gods to be one big family, and Horahkty's the baby of the bunch. The Shadow Realm thing was her trying to make her first world, and Smile World is something her family advised her to make after everything went wrong. YHWH in particular is having flashbacks, and when Horahkty came back crying and told Him what happened, He reacted with pic related.

>Uniqueness is cool too.
Yup, might as well go with something that introduces new stuff.

>Five Colored Kami? What are you Progenitus?
Pretty much, I suppose? Or maybe Genju of the Realm? Though I don't think I can quite get as big and buff as either of those...

Still, the idea of it is cool. And then get some other stuff to go with it on top of that, with the other seven links.

What kind of magic could you do with the lands though? Like, with Shadows you could teleport through shadows, and with Luck you could bless someone with luck or win at gambling... But what would you do with a link to Mountain?

>Pretty close with full Kami and a mask helping. You couldn't 1v1 O-Kagaachi but you're strong in your own right, strong enough to be respected.
Nice, thanks.

Hey, at least she survived. Can't say that for Aman'thul.

>Horakhty thought that the whole Egyptian incident would be the depth of the evil that the Shadow Realm world would have and that her creations would have reestablished themselves and recreated her envisioned good world. She decided to have a peek back into the world to see how everyone is doing.

>Her beloved fairies turned into the twisted Fiends blaming and tormenting mankind for what had happened her beloved Fairy Ha Des leading them.

>She immediately cuts the connection and finds something to hug while she cries.

There's a Perk in Traveler's Gate that lets you abstain from using your supernatural abilities and makes you rapidly improve in any area to compensate for it's absence. The example given is that if you can normally fly, this perk can make rapidly you learn to run fast enough to get wherever you're going as if you were flying.

So here's draft three

Changlog:
1. Ninjas stole this one
2. Minor Edits
3. Drawback edits.

>What kind of magic could you do with the lands though?
Well lets see what the Mana colors say.

White Mana: Focuses on healing and restoration, with the ability to utilize many smaller creatures quickly.

Blue Mana: The power of control. Blue is all about not letting your opponent make his moves, and ensuring your own. It also boasts some of the best draw power in the game.

Black Mana: The color of death and decay. Black is about one thing, and one thing only: Winning. Even if it means having to hurt yourself in order to hurt your enemy more, or to hurt yourself to get more.

Red Mana: The color of fire. Red has the ability to burn through your opponent's Life quickly, and mercilessly. Red is all about impulse and passion. Act first, think later.

Green Mana: The power of nature and growth, green focuses on sheer brute force, and power-ups, with the drawback that some of these cards have high converted Mana cost.

Something like thus would be a good guideline to the things you'd be getting from them.

Sounds like a useless bitch. If you're going to be a creator deity then you had better take some damn responsibility and not act like a fragile little brat.

161. Neon Genesis Evangelion
Origin: Pattern Blue, Theme: What in the glue gravy fucksberg is happening?
Perks: Waveform Anatomy, Solopsistic Integrity, Non-Euclidean, AT Field Mastery, Unassailable
Items: Tang
Metaphysical Biology: Basic AT Field Functions, Advanced AT Field Functions, Secondary Field, Improved Regeneration, High Energy Reaction, S2 Organ
Drawbacks: Old School Tech, Congratulations!, Uncomfortable Symbolism, A Dark Pantheon

>What's it doing?
>It's just drawing.
>Those look like...
>They're dicks.
>And the corpses of the MP Evas are supposed to be-
>Semen. Bloody semen.
>Where did we go wrong?
>Losing the old farts hand didn't help us any. It's halfway to Jupiter by now.

I am the least scary kaiju, Nobel, Archangel of Compassion. I corrupt the Evangelions against their original purpose by calming them and the pilots down with my foul song and then running away until the next Angel attack, where I actively heal the things trying to kill me while dodging incoming fire. Until the MP Evas show up and I need NERV on my side to survive. By that point, Gendo's plan had been shot to hell. Shinji was more stable due to the intervention of my companions and a heaping helping of sanity empowering Light of Eden. I mean, It looks like a burning cross now, but it's the most comforting burning cross a squad of 14-year-old child soldiers have ever seen. And Asuka and Shinji are well on their way to a break up because Asuka is still a crazy bitch even with regular doses of Light, just a normal crazy bitch rather than a really insane one. This has had a major negative impact on their combat prowess and I need to more than make up the difference.

Adam's Embryo was sent to space with the Kerbals, who were happy with their space mission. They're colonizing the Gliese 862 c with an FTL ship, and giving the hand a proper burial there. Lillim were here first, so Adams get out.

What crawled up your ass and died.

Shitposter is bored or it's just some other faggot.

>After a long while she decides to look again into the Shadow Realm world believing that their was no way that the situation could have gotten worse.

>She see's the Lemurian city and the many people that they demanded from other kingdoms to be used as sacrifices for some Arcane Seal. And then everything explodes.

>She cuts the connection again and desperately tries to find something to distract her from thinking about what is going on in that Realm (It didn't work).

youtube.com/watch?v=E8pFJGYTygg

His ability to ever feel happiness.

Nothing. Just saying.

I don't necessarily believe that great responsibility comes with great power, but I do believe that responsibility comes with the USE of power.

See here .

>When you're both massive effect combo pieces

Am I really a shitposter for pointing out that you guys are basically describing the Cosmic Cube from Marvel that rewrote things so Cap is a Nazi except apparently mature enough to know better?

To drop the meme for a minute, I'm 90% sure this is all happening cause people like the idea of a clumsy cute goddess and others don't find clumsiness with something on that scale like that cute

Just, kinda what I'm seeing here

We're looking at a teenager here.

Hormones do fucky things to the brain.

And that's why you should never have kids, Jumper.

Can someone repost kingsglaive for me?

You're a shitposter for whining about other people having fun, yes.

Would Jumper of Spirit and Flesh allow you to use your GHQ abilities in human form to their full extent?

TOO LATE.

I'M AT SEVEN DAUGHTERUS AND ONE SONU.

HELP.

The whole point of all this is that she's NOT mature enough to know better. This is her first world, and she has no idea what she's doing. She created the Shadow Realm in order for it to be a land of adventure and wonders, and became attached to the people within it. And then they promptly betrayed her trust and turned her world into a hell hole. She's not thinking rationally, she's reacting emotionally, with anger and sorrow over how her beautiful world has become a nightmare. Not helping all this are the Archfiends who are fucking everything up even more.

Exactly. The idea of someone with the power to create or destroy worlds being clumsy and emotionally unstable is horrifying.

I'm not whining about your fun, I'm just saying that from my point of view she sounds really, really terrible.

>Well lets see what the Mana colors say.
>Something like thus would be a good guideline to the things you'd be getting from them.
...Oh.

Huh, I was thinking I'd just be able to do land-things with them. Like, actual land stuff, not their mana color. Throw rocks and avalanches for Mountain, maybe (not sure how that would've worked, if at all, when you're not on a mountain)?

The edited Ronin description looks good, though you're missing a period at the end of it.

>Finally, this act has affected your origins somewhat, as detailed in each origin.
This seems to still be there though?

Holy shit, Steve is so punchable here for some reason.

Will these jumps help with more OC settings getting accepted?

>Gathering her Courage she decides to again peer into the Hell that her world had become hoping that at least one of her creations, such a the Noble Blue Eyes Dragons that she had created to be an inspiration to all others in virtues, would reestablish order and lead the world wisely.

>What she see's is her "beloved" Blue Eyes Dragons committing genocide on all those that they deemed a threat, massacring the people they should be inspiring. She watches as the weary Warriors and Spellcaster retaliate and destroy the entire Blue Eyes Family line except for a trio who, ignoring all of the inborn instincts to stand their ground, ran away.

>She cuts the connection again, not even surprised that her hopes for a a better world were dashed. She takes her pent up emotions and creates the Toon World a place of Good and Happiness so that she can convince herself "Yes, I can make good things, not everything I create is going to suffer the same horrible fate"

>Your body and soul are one
Do you no longer have a flesh body with this? Is your soul "exposed"/do attacks which would normally harm your body also affect your soul?

Depends on how willing people are to deal with having a setting they pour their heart and soul into being shat on by Jumper because "muh jumper rights"

That's how most gods are, though. Like, really look at mythology. Most creator gods are asshats, idiots, klutz, or worse. All we're doing is playing with the concept of a creator god who's that way because she's new at the game. She can grow and get better, but the fact that her very first creation sucks so much is kind of not helping with that.

Probably not more than any of the generics. The problem with the OC jumps is that there is no place else to go for research or views on the world other than the jump itself. This at least has card stories. I'm going to help Sangan stay on the right bus.

The ones that don't die, that is.

But Toon world is scary, lots of the monsters are creepy caricatures!

You...

Was it all with one woman / man / being-of-indescribable-nature?

I don't even know how you get that far without a reality TV show

Well, yeah, that's true as well.

Maybe. It'd depend on how you wank certain iterations, as your Hollow-self and the JoSaF interact yeah but when in human form are you still suppressed? Personally, I'd say no for my Jumper, but I'm not going to be making arbitrary rulings on it.

>Spoiler
Pic Related.

>This seems to still be there though?
See above. I deleted it this time I swear!

Not any more than normal no.

This is unfortunately the case, yeah.

I was surprised how this sorta turned out, honestly.
It's not an invalid outlook
In the end the Shadow Realm is a broken place cause of a lot of different reasons. Whether you find her sympathetic or not, it is what it is

The characterization is kind of anons pitching in what they think would be interesting at this point, so, as the doc says: Fanwank responsibly

I'M A GOD OF FERTILITY WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM ME

Holy shit, user is so punchable here for some reason.

Hey, Digger, out of curiosity, were the Archfiends always a part of the Shadow Realm, or are they beings that forced their way in after the Goddess left? Because they've been making shit worse for a while now, and I think you said earlier that they had a hand in why the Fiends are so nasty now?

OC settings seem to be pretty acceptable as long as they're standalone (sufficiently well made fan stuff etc) or if they're generics.

Someone making an OC setting just for jumpchain is when it gets questionable I think.

>Implying that the jumper in question has not literally been a main character in a world where everything is a reality show.

>that's how most gods are, though
AND THEY'RE TERRIBLE!

Do you really think Zeus should have power so he can constantly rape people? Is it a good thing that YHWH mindfucked a guy into disagreeing so he'd have an excuse to murder a bunch of innocent children? Hell, this is one of the reasons people find Bancho so terrifying.

Holy shit, Dirge is so punchable here for some reason.

Holy shit, I'm so punchable here for some reason.

No, user, don't punch yourself! That's bad!

I mean, yeah. I'm a smug prick. I'm always punchable.

But fucking Captain America isn't supposed to be.

Fist everyone, including yourself

Changelog
1. Fixed stuff.

Joking aside, how's he being a smug prick? He's just messing with a kid like most friendly old people do. It looks like a fairly normal interaction until she puts on the lightshow.

They're eldritch abomination invaders that are basically trying to pick the corpse of the Shadow Realm clean

Pandemonium is reachable via the Different Dimension

So while Fiends were mostly just angry faeries with bodies twisted by anger(sorta like how the Gods from Mononoke went from big animals to demons more or less), Archfiends are just bad news bears all around and are unconditionally evil

Yeah, and we're pointing out that she's doing this because she's young and inexperienced. She doesn't know what she's doing, because she's never done this before and there's no one around to show her HOW to do so. Unlike Zeus or YHWH, who are that way because they're arrogant dicks for the most part, she's that way because she's an emotional teenager, who can grow up and mature.

It's much better then her being a actually mature goddess who just told the Shadow Realm to fuck off after Exodia, because that means she's a full on bitch and that there's no redeeming her.

The fuck's an Exodia

The first insta-win monster in the game. Exodia the Forbidden One is represented by five different cards, if you get all five into your hand, you win. In the lore he's supposed to be some sealed away Ancient Egyptian God or something.

He's not being a amug prick. Just his facial expression in the third panel for some reason.

In the Shadow Realm jump, it's an artificial god/super weapon that the Pharaohs made when the gods that Horahkty made for them refused to help them take over the world. Using Exodia, they sealed the gods away and tried to enslave everyone. Horahkty got pissed, and shattered Exodia, then left.

Also this .

Ah, phrasing confused me, sorry.

An instant win monster that when you have the head + the four other limbs you instantly win the game.

I think I remember that even if you negate the effects of the effects of monster cards in your hand, Exodia's Insta-win ability would still work.

As to what the monster is exactly, I dunno.

This guy

Notable for being so stronk he needed to be divided into 5 parts and if all 5 are out the game's over

Translated that into "A stupidly strong macguffin" for this setting

Damn it, I'm somehow more confused than when I went in.

What the fuck happened to children's card games.

He was there from when the children's card games thing first started. The first duel between Yugi and Kaiba ended with him being summoned and Kaiba losing the duel.

youtube.com/watch?v=RfqNH3FoGi0

Reminder that gods who slaughter people based on the actions of a few do not deserve worship.

MTG shouldn't be the only game allowed Lore jumps, was my logic

Unfortunately until a certain point in history Konami never bothered with more than a token attempt, and frustratingly tantalizing card stories
(like the Exiled Force who get cursed items, become the Nomadic Force, then get fucking killed or cursed by said items and become the...something force)

Literally among the very first monsters in the game.

They got weird.

Y'know what I'm just gonna be over in the Corner of No Comprehension.

>Holding on to what little determination she has left and with a heavy heart she decides to view the Shadow Realm again "surely" she thought "It can not have gotten worse, that things have, in not fixed themselves at least it had gotten better" So clutching a comfort Watapon she views the world again.

>She see's the beginning of the end.

>A horrible sickness has spread through out the world, with countless dying in excruciating pain and many more falling weakened and weary. All efforts to have cured this disease have failed.

>Her old project to bring the joy of life to even stone and metal birthed the monstrosity of the machine race whose only goal is to bring and end to all other forms of life.

>The few kingdoms of men that managed to establish themselves, despite the Chaos, had fallen into anarchy and Cruel Immoral bandits and warlords reign supreme.

>And her second great Dragon race the Black Eyes Red Dragons, who she created to be the plucky underdogs of dragons who none the less managed to succeed due to their willpower. teaching all the other dragon races a lesson in humility. Now their drive to become the greatest had twisted them into monstrosities, puppets to an evil outer dimension threat that seeks nothing more than to scour the world of all who would defy them and rule it in the name of the Archfiends.

>She cuts the connection and just stops, staring into space wondering where and when the world she had created had gone so wrong.

She falls into despair.

Nigga MTG is, like, half-lore though.

At least it's not Cray.

Yeah
Still, a man can dream and work towards that dream

I have to ask, have you seen the Yu-Gi-Oh! show before? Because it just gets more ridiculous from there.

Wanna talk about secret agents

what the fuck

This is all Jumper's fault!