If BCH is faster and has lower transaction costs than BTC, then why is BTC still around/regarded as better?

If BCH is faster and has lower transaction costs than BTC, then why is BTC still around/regarded as better?

I'm not shilling BCH or anything. I'm just wondering.

No reason, and it won't be around for long at this rate.

corecucks are dumb

Ltc is even better than Bcash and that didnt stop btc.

Btc is like reserve currency of crypto world (like usd is in fiat)

First mover advantage

Bcash has significantly less volume than btc

Vertcoin is cheaper and faster to transact then both.

How bought bit coin gold? Bit coin dark? Shit coin platinum?

Every market is in btc and everytime a normie hears about crypto he doesnt hear about crypto he hears about btc. If this gets fixed the king is dead

I like how "not dumb" the reaction of the first BCH proponent is.

I hold both. Have my BTC and my BCH from the fork. Been in it since fuckfest of 2015.

Honestly? Because there is too much riding on BTC at this point. It's so well adopted vs other cryptos, everyone recognizes the name, institutions have invested in it, futures markets were built for it.

There is really no SOLID reason why, other than it's literally becoming to big to fail. As soon as it dips, everyone slams buy because it's the fucking coin that always goes up. It's literally electronic gold at this point. Can't spend or transfer it for shit. So just hold it and watch it keep going up.

Spoilers: The bubble never pops and BCH grows along side it.

Hold both and get rich.

Because less people use bcash. Bcash is faster for on chain transactions, but still dog ass slow. Yes, both bitcoin and bcash, and every other crypto out right are way too slow to be used for the quantity of transactions centralized servers can handle, save ones that used centralized nodes like dash.

Look up bitcoin lightning network, which is aiming to provide VISA level speed and fees. It will leave everything else in the dust.

Decentralization is the whole point of crypto. Anyone could just make a centralized coin that moves super fast like XRP.

BTC is the most decentralized, has better devs, has a long-term scaling solution not just a big block quick fix that will bloat the blockchain, has first mover advantage, has ecosystem network effects, has been stood the test of time, wall street is investing, ETF in BTC is highly likely next year, etc.

BCH has inflated its currency, has weak devs, has centralized nodes in china, removed segwit to keep chinese miners happy, has insider trading back room deals, promoted by scammers who have either lied or been completely wrong before, etc.

BCH has pumped 4 times before and some people got scared of a flippening, but every time people eventually sold off for more BTC.

BCH is a near clone of BCC. Once people use it, it will be just as slow and just as expensive. You are getting conned by the ex-felon behind bitcoin cash, Roger Ver

Why is ltc kill then

Wait so BCH being on coinbase wasn't preplanned at the beginning of the year because of difficulty issues?

it takes time for the market to readjust

By other hand, the shittyness of BTC might be a good thing to decrease the volatility of the market as a whole. I'm afraid that if it falls completely, there will be a complete chaos of PnD.

There already is until there is a "winner", which won't be for some time. Get into a safe ETH or XMR bunker.

this

This is a perfect explanation

Even Yahoo is still around. BTC will just fade into irrelevance. It won't disappear overnight.

>BTC is the most decentralized
which would be not the case anymore with lightning

One word. Security. Bcashiers just don't understand fundamentals of cryptos and think that buying coffee is more important. There's no point even trying to argue with them because they lack the mental capacity to see past their own noses.

>has a long-term scaling solution

haha I hope you're not talking about LN.

If XRB is instant and has no transaction costs compared to ALL coins, then why is the rest still around/regarded as better?

I'm not shilling XRB or anything. I'm just wondering.

I was about to make this thread almost exactly...

Hypothetically - imagine if BTC crashed to $5k, and BCH went to $10k

What logical reason can anyone give that BTC should rise up again

You can not buy shit coins with bcash as far as I know

lmao, that's the true power of btc, it's the fucking gateway between alts and dirty money

They're both shit

If BCH has always been faster with lower tx costs, why does this question only come up when BCH's price increases?

You can spout 'Satoshi's vision' all you want, but continuously increasing blocksize isn't a great thing (and increases miner centralization)

>BTC is the most decentralized
no it isn't

>has better devs
no it doesn't (not saying that BCC/BCH does, though), the bitcoin core team are slow, lazy, dilatory junkies who are reluctant to implement any REAL changes and get rid of the monstrosity called "mining" in the first place

fuck them, fuck the devs, I don't care about BCC but it's my protest against them

If Burger King makes better burgers, why is McDonalds still around?

>Inb4 someone takes issue with the opinion of the metaphor I'm choosing to use

It's faster, but not fast by far to beat other competition. BCH is a pointless noisemaker in the market and it might make ether flippening happen instead.

> first mover
> highest value
> crypto = bitcoin for normies
> crypto exchanges are mostly BTC based

Not that hard to figure out...

Because normies and noobs just know the term "Bitcoin" and that it's the highest grossing crypto out there. They think BCash is a Chinese knockoff that'll crash and die

bcash is just hyping their block size advantage. in reality it's a very temporary solution to the scaling problem. it doesn't actually solve scaling and without significant development it will be useless.

It's only a matter of time before proof of stake coins dominate, coins like bcash won't be able to compete and no one would support them anyway because of the energy requirements.